• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October/November Conkers 2021***

For those in the UK there is a 2 min video on the BBC news site on the vaccine in pregnancy. Might help you make up your minds. I have found that a lot of the heath care professionals don't have a clue about the guidelines or recommendations.

I decided to have it as the risk of covid during pregnancy ti me and baby out weighted the risk from the jab which so far there doesn't seem to be any.

Hey everyone! Scan went fine but little boy was a wriggly one today so they couldn’t do many of the checks so going back in 3 weeks!

Lovely little picture of baby with his hand up to his face!

The placenta is low-lying also so got to have that checked again! They’ve told us we can’t have sex until after birth which is fine for me but you could hear my husbands sighs through the hospital hahah!! Apparantley increased risk of bleeding!

We then went for a date lunch and as soon as sat down the nursery rang to say they think little one has a water infection so now waiting for a doctor haha!!

@angie90 yay yay for a scan today! Let me know what you hear about the vax too.

@daniyaaq im so sorry things are getting difficult this pregnancy. I really hope baby can stay put till term. So scary. Glad you have a plan in place. I totally hear you about the sleepiness. I feel like something is wrong with me. I decided last night to start prenatals again and see if I get a boost from that. Yesterday I woke up at 10, took my kids to the park and sat and chatted with a friend, made them lunch at 12:30 and 1 pm I was so exhausted I had to go for a lay down! Like I had barely been awake!

off to the dentist for me this morning. Haven’t felt bug move all day yesterday and just the tiniest time this morning which is kinda worrying but I’m not at consistent movements yet...

What is your guys Covid vax manufacturer in the UK? Here we are getting moderna or Pfizer.

There’s moderna, pfizer and the Oxford vaccine available I believe! Midwife said today pregnant people are to have the Pfizer!

For those going back and forth on the covid vaccine, I will add my point of view for what its worth.

I went back and forth for a LONG time saying I will/I won't get it. I didn't know what to do. I asked 3 OBGYN's at my practice and all 3 recommended it. I also have been following the studies and science and everything looks promising. When comparing the rates of miscarriage/preterm birth/etc, they are the same between those vaccinated vs those not.

I was terrified but ultimately as the mask mandates lifted indoors here, I felt like it was officially more risky for me to not get it than it was to get it. Yesterday I got my first dose of Pfizer. It's been 28 hours and my only symptom so far was a sore arm. I checked in on baby's heartbeat this AM with my doppler and all is well.

I also recognize my story is not the same as anybody else's and I completely support everyones right to choose whats right for them and their baby :) it's SUCH a hard choice to make but hopefully this will help if you are on the fence but nervous.

Welcome @Catmumof4

@daniyaaq gosh hon I'm so glad they are keeping a eye on you. Did they mention anything about having a cervical stitch?
I'm sure the rest will help and also drink plenty of water hon.

@RachRav
Welcome back hon

@Mummy2Corban

I know hon. Just another week and a half and vday. I can't wait.

@angie90

So so glad the scan went well hon. Great photo. Sorry they cudnt do all the checks. That happened with our DS last pregnancy. They cudnt get all the heart checks so I had to go back 2 weeks later.
All was fine but it was nerve wracking waiting them 2 weeks. But also so cool to get a extra scan hehe.

For those going back and forth on the covid vaccine, I will add my point of view for what its worth.

I went back and forth for a LONG time saying I will/I won't get it. I didn't know what to do. I asked 3 OBGYN's at my practice and all 3 recommended it. I also have been following the studies and science and everything looks promising. When comparing the rates of miscarriage/preterm birth/etc, they are the same between those vaccinated vs those not.

I was terrified but ultimately as the mask mandates lifted indoors here, I felt like it was officially more risky for me to not get it than it was to get it. Yesterday I got my first dose of Pfizer. It's been 28 hours and my only symptom so far was a sore arm. I checked in on baby's heartbeat this AM with my doppler and all is well.

I also recognize my story is not the same as anybody else's and I completely support everyones right to choose whats right for them and their baby :) it's SUCH a hard choice to make but hopefully this will help if you are on the fence but nervous.
I was exactly the same, just a sore arm the next day. Hoping it's the same for my second dose.

Thanks for all the helpful information everyone! I registered for my vaccine today so hopefully I'll get my first Moderna shot next week.

Forgot to upload pic from scan last week!
20210526_194827.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Honestly if it were just me and my health, I honestly don't care either way if I get the shot (we've had Covid and could handle it again tbh). But having a newborn with no immune system, in the fall/winter months, I just want to do the best thing for the baby. I'm quite worried about the baby catching it especially because our extended family is so big. However on the plus side, for a fall/winter baby we will probably be going into semi-lockdown again with not too many visitors and events where baby will be exposed. Honestly that sounds appealing with a newborn at this point XD My sister is also pregnant due the same time, she's an RN, so I will probably just get the shot whenever she does XD

Thanks for all the helpful information everyone! I registered for my vaccine today so hopefully I'll get my first Moderna shot next week.

Forgot to upload pic from scan last week!
View attachment 1098749
This actually looks a lot like the scan I saw when I was in the ED on Saturday... hmmm maybe I do have some blue on board!!

Thank u sugarhonney so sorry you had the bleeding! But glad that it has eased,

Yes please could I be added my due date is th 7th Oct and I'm having another girl (I only have 1 boy so the gender disappointment was strong)

Also I had my covid jab (pfizer) and I was fine bit of a sore spot where she got me but that was it. X

Oh my god can you imagine!! How long until you find out?
23 days!!! So long lol!! I have definitely been feeling girl but when The doc did a quick scan for me the head/profile looked different than my girls! I feel like my girls had sort of like more prominent foreheads and this baby’s head was so round.

now that I’m feeling better I am hoping for a boy. But I won’t be disappointed with another girl because it would make life a lot simpler. I also have a few good girls names but since DH said he wasn’t set on his boy name well have to have that whole discussion again and figure something out!!!

@Catmumof4 all done, sorry about the gender disappointment.

@Suggerhoney the word stitching came about, I would hope I can avoid it because all I could think about was my poor babe ripping past the stitches to come out. I have a very vivid anxious imagination.

I’ll officially maybe know what I’m having 11 June. Yesterday at hospital baby had legs closed together the whole time, couldn’t even get a peak.

Is it possible for all the checks to increase the contractions? I feel like since the hospital my contractions are legit painful, lower back and all. I’m hoping it’s the aftermath of having things stuck up inside me and will go away soon not them ramping up already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->