October/November Conkers 2021***

Yeah I think majority of the active members have found out the gender. @Penguin20 will you be finding out?

@Reiko_ctu i was team yellow with my last so I’m certain I still have lots of gender neutral clothes, especially newborn ones, I need to go through them all.

unfortunately I won’t get to doing much baby prep yet since we have to move. So I’ll see to it around August.

I’m feeling quite a bit of difference since my transfusion I’m not as lethargic and tired all the time and I’m actually able to sleep again. I’m so glad.

I’m down to 2 of my anti nausea pills a day but I’ve forgotten my morning pill today and I just feel yucky. Don’t know if it’s maybe a bit of withdrawal or the real deal. It’s so hard to wean off of diclectin, you get this false nausea every time you cut down and then it goes in a day or two.

Yeah I think majority of the active members have found out the gender. @Penguin20 will you be finding out?

@Reiko_ctu i was team yellow with my last so I’m certain I still have lots of gender neutral clothes, especially newborn ones, I need to go through them all.

unfortunately I won’t get to doing much baby prep yet since we have to move. So I’ll see to it around August.

I’m feeling quite a bit of difference since my transfusion I’m not as lethargic and tired all the time and I’m actually able to sleep again. I’m so glad.
That is awesome news about your energy levels! So cool that it made a difference.

@daniyaaq so glad you feel better.

@Reiko_ctu hope the sickness passes.

I'm jealous you can tell where baby is, anterior placenta sucks.

Afm I'm super tired. My 3 year old is a rubbish sleeper wakes up and wants me to stay until he goes back asleep which takes over an hour before I can sneak back out. This isn't gonna work when baby gets here so I need to do something. I think its cry it out from tonight at bed time

@topazicatzbet that’s tricky. I started tricking Miss5 at about that age. I would put her in bed, stay 10minutes then tell her I’m going to do something(go clean kitchen, go toilet, just make some up) I would stay out of her room until she either falls asleep or calls me, when she calls I stay 10 minutes and repeat. This obviously didn’t work straight away but within a few weeks I was able to pop her in and tell her will check in later and she would fall asleep on her own.

i basically did same when she wakes up in night.

I thought I had made up my mind that I’m going to just forget it and keep taking meds but last night had a sneaky though of see what will happen if you don’t take the moxolon…well by 3pm nausea started creeping in.

I’m really not 100 comfortable with being so medicated it worries me. The other two meds I’m ok with, I guess I’m lucky to be completely off ondansetron at least. Haven’t taken it in 3 weeks and I seem to be doing ok with doxylamine and b6 plus a moxolon at night.

@Suggerhoney what pram did you have before? The silvercross one looks good and great you found a second hand one in such good condition. I have a pushchair but has no carrycot and needs a screw put in it so I’m considering getting something different. I think Harley-Oliver is a lovely name! Your Tommy bump does look big. Lovely pictures of you and your DD and Tommy! His a cutey!

@Reiko_ctu i like both of your chosen names! Eden is lovely but then I think so is Roselie. As if your MIL asked your girls!!!!!!! So cheeky!

@Catmumof4 sorry your in pain

@Suggerhoney what pram did you have before? The silvercross one looks good and great you found a second hand one in such good condition. I have a pushchair but has no carrycot and needs a screw put in it so I’m considering getting something different. I think Harley-Oliver is a lovely name! Your Tommy bump does look big. Lovely pictures of you and your DD and Tommy! His a cutey!

@Reiko_ctu i like both of your chosen names! Eden is lovely but then I think so is Roselie. As if your MIL asked your girls!!!!!!! So cheeky!

@Catmumof4 sorry your in pain

@topazicatzbet our 2 year is hit and miss with sleeping. Sometimes he wakes just once but other times he is moaning a few times. I try keep him in his bed but when I’m so tired I end up taking him to our bed. I’m hoping that we can work through it so when baby is here it’s not an issue! It’s tough isn’t it! Specially when your already tired.

@daniyaaq so pleased that the infusion seems to have perked you up a bit.

I love looking at newborn clothes…. Well I never buy newborn as usually I buy from up to a month. I’ve been looking a cribs etc but I won’t get anything for a while because I’d just get frustrated with storing it! I’d prefer to get it closer to the time then I can set it up ready and won’t have to wait for long!

@topazicatzbet that’s tricky. I started tricking Miss5 at about that age. I would put her in bed, stay 10minutes then tell her I’m going to do something(go clean kitchen, go toilet, just make some up) I would stay out of her room until she either falls asleep or calls me, when she calls I stay 10 minutes and repeat. This obviously didn’t work straight away but within a few weeks I was able to pop her in and tell her will check in later and she would fall asleep on her own.

i basically did same when she wakes up in night.
Thats a great idea. Must try it!

Hello ladies

hope all is well, I keep promising I will get better at coming on here but then things get in the way.

I read through a couple pages to try catch up, sorry for delayed responses but congrats @ciz for baby pink and @Catmumof4 I have the same issues with names I like one for a few days then just go off it.. me and my husband have been doing baby name tinder and we matched on a boy and girls name so he thinks we’re set on a name but I’m starting to change my mind if I like them haha

@daniyaaq Yes we will be finding out the gender, my sister doing a small family gender reveal for us so that will be nice, my 20 week scan not till middle of July but we went for a private scan at 16 weeks and after jumping around and going for a long walk they managed to see what the gender was but no good pictures as the baby had it back to us but it did give us a little wave then put its middle finger up at us so that was charming haha

please fill me in if I have missed anything :)

@Penguin20 oh my! What a cheeky monkey! What is it with these babies not giving us good scan pictures! Mine wasn’t very good. I’m still wondering wether to pay for a scan so DH can see baby. Names a tricky! Hopefully once you know what baby is you’ll be able to decide. It’s lovely that your sister is doing a reveal for you!

@daniyaaq so glad you feel better.

@Reiko_ctu hope the sickness passes.

I'm jealous you can tell where baby is, anterior placenta sucks.

Afm I'm super tired. My 3 year old is a rubbish sleeper wakes up and wants me to stay until he goes back asleep which takes over an hour before I can sneak back out. This isn't gonna work when baby gets here so I need to do something. I think its cry it out from tonight at bed time
I had ant placenta with my last and you’re right, it actually legitimately sucks. I couldn’t feel movements regularly till like 22 weeks! It feels like missing out on a special part of pregnancy. Sorry you have it :/

I also know how you feel with the sleeplessness. Miss 3 has quite the temper so if she gets her blankets tangled or anything in the night it’s a full on scream session unless I come fix it for her. DH says she only keeps going cause she’ll know I’ll come but I feel like I can’t have her waking everyone in the house up! I’m just hoping she’ll grow out of it!!

Have you saved your previous baby stuff for this little one? Looking forward to sorting through it?

I thought I had made up my mind that I’m going to just forget it and keep taking meds but last night had a sneaky though of see what will happen if you don’t take the moxolon…well by 3pm nausea started creeping in.

I’m really not 100 comfortable with being so medicated it worries me. The other two meds I’m ok with, I guess I’m lucky to be completely off ondansetron at least. Haven’t taken it in 3 weeks and I seem to be doing ok with doxylamine and b6 plus a moxolon at night.
Oh I wouldn’t worry about the moxolon, that was my next drug they wanted to try and I believe it’s very safe?? That’s great you’re off the ondansetron now!!

I will say I’m on my 2nd day of skipping my
Morning dose and the nausea is less. So I think it was the initial withdrawal that was causing the nausea yesterday and if I stick with it a few days I will be ok with just the one pill. But if it picks up again in the next few days I’ll add the morning one back in. Would love to not have to fill another bottle!

Having a bit of trouble with my blood sugars… trying to keep 7.8 or below for my 1 hr blood sugar measurements (1 hr after eating) and have had some in the 8’s.

can’t eat all the things I want anymore! No more white bread/buns… hopefully I can still eat a bit of fruit here and there!! 18 weeks to go XD

Also currently happy with my weight, 124 lbs which is 8.85 stone for you UK ladies… so I started at 120, down to 110 during my first tri and now I’ve gained 14 lbs in 11 weeks… I’d like to only gain another 10 which will be manageable with my gestational diabetes diet! Not if I was eating all the things I’d *like* to eat lol! But keeping it relatively low carb and veggie heavy I can keep the weight gain down. 22 week bump that is looking a bit on the big side! Hopefully it’s not because of my blood sugars and I’ll be measuring on track at my next in person appointment… that’s not till 28 weeks I think! 24 I have a phone call.
688C4D0B-515F-4BFF-99B9-8D6A8BF15A04.jpeg

@daniyaaq
I'm so glad u feel better hon. Did u have a blood transfusion or a iron infusion?
I had to have iron infusions with DD and DS and they made me feel so good after.
I've also had blood transfusion after giving birth to DD and DS and they make u feel great too lol.
So glad ure feeling better tho hon.

@Reiko_ctu

Oh hello bump. That's really popped hon.

@Mummy2Corban
I had the mother care journey in Petral blue.
Great pram but hated it in pushchair mode. For a few different reasons.

Been watching a few videos about the Silvercross Wayfarer Chelsea. Just to teach me how to use it and I must say I'm really glad we went for it and it looks so simple to use and is lighter than the journey.
It also folds up nicely and just looks so much more plush.
I like it that u get a separate carry cot and pushchair seat.
I like it that the wheels are all the same size too.
We had a 2nd hand bugga boo with dd which I loved but the back wheels were big and the front wheels really small.
The mother care one was the same.
I just didn't want anything big a bulky this time.
It will stay in our corridor when baby is born so I definitely didn't want anything bulky that wud take up loads of space.

I had a silver cross with our eldest son and I really liked that one. Can't remember what that one was called now because it was 10 years ago. But it was a lovely pram.

What are u thinking of going for hon?

I've also ordered a lovely nappy changing bag today off amazon.
So I now have my suitcase and will also use that nappy bag to pack all of mine and babies things in for hospital.
Ridiculous that I have to take a suitcase but I'm gonna a be in for 5 to 6 days so definitely need the extra room to pack more stuff.
Its gonna look like I'm going on me holidays LOL.
:rofl:

So I saw such a cute 3 week newborn baby boy today when I went up the school.
He was so cute and now I'm feeling so broody and just want to be 37 weeks and having my induction lol.
Awww he propper made me melt.

@Suggerhoney i had an iron transfusion.

Ah yes they call that a infusion here but I don't know why because it is a transfusion because its a IV of iron going strait into ure vain.
Yep I felt great after.
Have they put u on iron pills too?
I've been on them since 13 weeks this time and with my last 2 pregnancies I had the iron transfusion at 28 weeks.
I'm nearly 27 weeks now and been feeling OK.
It's horrible being so anemic u feel so tired and drained.
I think because I've been on iron since so early in this pregnancy it's helped.
Not helped with going loo tho. Damn them this block me up.
I bet u feel like a new woman now hon.

Last night I actually felt parts of baby moving. He stuck i think was his knee out and dragged I across my belly.
Such a weird and a bit uncomfortable feeling but also so amazing.
Also been feeling kicks just below my left rib today which is the highest I've felt him kick so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->