October/November Conkers 2021***

@Suggerhoney yeah the terminology confuses me and I just don’t bother. I have been on iron supplements since before I was pregnant. I struggle with low iron and anaemia even when not pregnant.

didn’t sleep well last night my ear is hurting so bad which makes side sleeping incredibly hard. And then just cramping all night.

today is last day of school for the girls and have managed to get them organised for school holidays, will have 2 whole weeks of just me at home. Bit excited and worried, hoping DP hadn’t been too spoiled by having Grandma here because he’ll be doing majority of things.

@daniyaaq so glad you feel better.

@Reiko_ctu hope the sickness passes.

I'm jealous you can tell where baby is, anterior placenta sucks.

Afm I'm super tired. My 3 year old is a rubbish sleeper wakes up and wants me to stay until he goes back asleep which takes over an hour before I can sneak back out. This isn't gonna work when baby gets here so I need to do something. I think its cry it out from tonight at bed time

Sorry to jump in but I can agree that anterior placenta sucks :(
My first I didn’t feel move till 22 weeks and even then it wasn’t major for a couple more weeks and I found out at my 16 week scan that I again have an anterior placenta so will be waiting on movements again which is annoying.
And I sympathise my 5 year old is a rubbish sleeper she always has been since newborn and I tried every trick in the book, don’t get me wrong she’s much better now but me or my husband have to stay with her till she falls asleep that could be 10 minutes to an hour sometimes 2 on a bad night.. hoping she grow out of it like she did her other sleeping habits.. hope he sleeps better for you soon

Last night I actually felt parts of baby moving. He stuck i think was his knee out and dragged I across my belly.
Such a weird and a bit uncomfortable feeling but also so amazing.
Also been feeling kicks just below my left rib today which is the highest I've felt him kick so far.

that’s amazing, so happy he’s wriggling away in there

@Penguin20 yeah totally hate the anterior. I felt my second baby at 11weeks and considering how long it took to feel this one, I was starting to worry. Even now there’s no obvious pattern and it’s still light and random.

Well we decided to shut the cats in the utility room last night and leave ds3s bedroom door open then I sat on the top of the stairs til he went to sleep. He threw a tantrum at first but then settled. Woke up at 12 and 4 and did the same and he went back off to sleep a lot faster. I rewarded him with some bubble mixture this morning so hopefully we can keep it up and it improves and then I can work on shutting the door so the cats don't have to be shut away all night.

We are currently having our en suite done as we had a leak and I can't wait for it to be done so fed up of having to go up or down a floor to go to the loo during the night and I also don't think I will fit in the shower in the kids bathroom much longer as it's a small cubicle

@topazicatzbet good on you for getting the sleep work going. It’s hard. I really need to get a bigger bed for miss3 and see if that stops the wake ups. It’s so tiring!!

Some kids who have anxiety or are on the spectrum do need a bit of help falling asleep too. He is young for that right now and it’s probably just a habit. But I know my eldest is anxious so we have learned some calming mind “games” for her to focus on at bedtime and about once a week I give her a bit of melatonin so she can catch up on the sleep she’s missed

Is anyone else getting super ready for labour and delivery? I know it’s still forever away but I love the excitement of delivery and a new baby!! I feel like I’m bored with being pregnant and ready for a new babe!!

I always say I wish God had designed pregnancy to be 30 weeks. Because by the time I get to 30 I’m really really over it and so anxious to meet babe.

I will have to get moving on the room prep and sorting through baby clothes to keep myself busy.

@topazicatzbet hopefully your little guy continues to get better at night! You got this!

@Reiko_ctu im always in 2 minds. Giving birth and meeting baby is just amazing and I’m so excited BUT I’m then like noooooo! I won’t do it again so know as soon as baby is here we are finished so I’m on the fence!!!! Haha!

Im still waiting for my 25 week midwife call. If I’ve not heard by Monday I’ll call them again. Would be nice to know when my 28 week appointment will be!

@topazicatzbet hopefully your little guy continues to get better at night! You got this!

@Reiko_ctu im always in 2 minds. Giving birth and meeting baby is just amazing and I’m so excited BUT I’m then like noooooo! I won’t do it again so know as soon as baby is here we are finished so I’m on the fence!!!! Haha!

Im still waiting for my 25 week midwife call. If I’ve not heard by Monday I’ll call them again. Would be nice to know when my 28 week appointment will be!
Midwives are just so u organized with covid!! The ultrasound place said I’d hear by Tuesday or Wednesday from my midwives if they needed to call (they only call if somethings not right on the scan) but I don’t trust it lol. Thinking at my next appointment they’ll finally look at the scan report.

I know! I didn’t get my 16 week call till 20 weeks. When I called around 18weeks they were to busy to had to wait 2 weeks. Doesn’t give me much hope that I’ll get seen at 28 weeks! Even my booking in they didn’t have anything for a few weeks. It’s rubbish that your left feeling this way isn’t it! I understand they are busy and it’s a difficult time but doesn’t give you much faith!

It annoys me that as a community nurse I'm still seeing 14 patients a day but the midwives have pulled back their services.

It seems so long til the 28 week midwife appointment.

Well when you think we haven’t seen a midwife since booking in! It’s craziness! The midwives round here are always busy and I’ve always struggled getting an appointment so now I wonder if I’ll be able to get them when I need them!

Sorry iv been mia a few days will explain when caught up with the thread.

@Reiko_ctu @mumm and @Suggerhoney thanks for understanding about the pain reiko I'm sorry your struggling with the allergies!! And sugger I'm on cocodamol which helps but the pharmacy are so sloooow filling the prescription I always end up a day or so without which puts the body into withdrawal aswell which sucks!!

@daniyaaq glad the transfusion worked!

@topazicatzbet my 2 year old refuses to sleep all nigh she wakes up so many times and my partner kept sitting with her despite the fact I said he was getting her into a bad routine and it's got to the point that I won't go now cos she just wants daddy cos she knows he's a push over!

So weird you guys not going seem. I don’t even invite what I’m going to do with fortnightly appointments from so early on.

@Reiko_ctu yes I would be sooo happy if pregnancy was only 30 weeks! I'm soo over this already will explain in a min

@topazicatzbet Well done for getting little one to stay in bed! I'm so drained this pregnancy I'd prob just give in!

Soo afm iv had about 3 days of excruciating pain, behind my section scar (it's only 9 months old since my last section) it has felt like a sharp stabbing pain but also like she has a head or bum right behind it and I'm having tightening that making it feel like it's ripping open. Every movement baby has made has been so awfully painful and she has been more active then usual which is a good thing!

Anyways yesterday it got too much I was crying through morphine cocodamol a bath u name it I tried it (I deal with the fibromyalgia pain on a daily basis I don't cry at pain!) So my mum and partner both made me call delivery suite. Low anterior placenta, a not Long ago cesarean scar and contraction and the Drs didn't give a shit at all. I was laid there in agony. They tried listening in with Doppler but I'm big and front placenta so she couldn't find the heartbeat (I wasn't worried tho cos all the while baby was bouncing around), so the Drs said they would do a scan quickly to check baby. Then the scanner wouldn't work and she just about found baby on the Doppler so the Dr said no need for that now. Bp and wee was fine pulse was raised at 110bpm. Then he said "it's just the scar stretching you can go home" with that I just burst into tears! I was so shocked that they did no checks at all no bloods or scan or anything and I'm still hurting now a little less then yesterday because I have in and took the stronger pain killers. I can't believe I have another 13 weeks min of this left I'm so worried about baby, the placenta and scar etc!!

@Catmumof4 that’s so awful. I was redoing an Ob here the other week that they need to stop minimising the pain and issues pregnant women go through, it’s not supposed to be like that at all.

i would definitely sign @Reiko_ctu 30 week pregnancy petition. I’m so uncomfortable and over it. Yesterday I swear it felt like an arm was escaping my vagina Bub is insisting on being down there and having cramps and contractions it’s just awful and I have another 19 weeks to go, I feel so stretched already I wonder where the rest of him is supposed to go.

Everybody has just left, DP dropping them off to mom’s farm. Anyone feel weird and empty like when left alone. I’m sitting here like what am I supposed to do now?

Everybody has just left, DP dropping them off to mom’s farm. Anyone feel weird and empty like when left alone. I’m sitting here like what am I supposed to do now?
Have a nap! Watch some Netflix! Order whatever takeout you can stomach!! But mostly just sleep and enjoy your house not being messed up by sweet little tornadoes ;)

I get it though, I’m that mom who barely lets her kids out of her sight for more than a date night. So I’d be at a loss without them for the entire term break!! Really though you need to rest and recuperate as best you can when they’re gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->