October/November Conkers 2021***

@Reiko_ctu i can see how frustrating that is! I think you just need a bit of time after delivery! Ahhhh what is it with names and DH! I said to mine the other day have you been searching for names and he was like no?!? Hudson!?! I do like Hudson Robert but thought we would maybe keep looking just encase! Nope! Not on his watch!

@Catmumof4 i can only imagine how hard it must have been! I’ve struggled with such distance from the midwives and how the scans felt. Can you imagine being a first time mum in this!!!!

Haha honestly I wouldn’t mind if that happened by the time this babe came lol! I’d probably go to the hospital instead of a home birth so I could go a full 24 hrs without people visiting. All my babies have met their extended family within 12 hrs of being born and honestly I’m so over that. But even DH doesn’t understand why I wouldn’t want visitors the first day or 2.

I’m the same. With my first I had so many people come see us and I was so tired it annoyed me. Was able to avoid that when I had #2 only because I gave birth away from family. I’m hoping to do the same, I been thinking about ways to politely say please leave us be for a few days or weeks.

I’m the same. With my first I had so many people come see us and I was so tired it annoyed me. Was able to avoid that when I had #2 only because I gave birth away from family. I’m hoping to do the same, I been thinking about ways to politely say please leave us be for a few days or weeks.
I would be happy with 24 hrs honestly XD

it’s so exciting to welcome a new baby so I totally get wanting to meet them as soon as possible but I don’t ever remember being at my sister in laws for at least a few days and they were at our place less than 12 hrs after the baby was born. When I was in hospital with my 2nd I think I delayed it till the next day by saying we were waiting to be discharged the same day she was born and would let them know when we’re home.

trickier when you’re at home because people can kinda just stop by whenever not dealing with hospital restrictions… again my DH just doesn’t get the feelings of needing to be alone for a bit after delivery. He just wants to share the exciting news as soon as possible.

also tricky that my parents live with us so they will know right away and it needs to be fair to all the grandparents. Ahhh!!!

@Reiko_ctu i can see how frustrating that is! I think you just need a bit of time after delivery! Ahhhh what is it with names and DH! I said to mine the other day have you been searching for names and he was like no?!? Hudson!?! I do like Hudson Robert but thought we would maybe keep looking just encase! Nope! Not on his watch!
Ha yes like we discussed it once and sort of agreed so it’s definitely the one… lol there’s a bit more time to try out other ideas isn’t there!?! I’m actually over the names I thought I liked so I’m happy to revisit… it’s tricky naming number 4 of the same gender tbh.

@Reiko_ctu Oh V day!!!!! Congratulations!!

of course DH doesn’t understand, he’s not the one going through labour and how exhausting that is.

delta is going wild I think we will be in lockdown or some sort of restrictions by October/November.

@Reiko_ctu Oh V day!!!!! Congratulations!!

of course DH doesn’t understand, he’s not the one going through labour and how exhausting that is.

delta is going wild I think we will be in lockdown or some sort of restrictions by October/November.
Same here. They say everyone here over 18 should be fully vaccinated by September which is a bit of a relief. What are the numbers like where you are?

Same here. They say everyone here over 18 should be fully vaccinated by September which is a bit of a relief. What are the numbers like where you are?
We have one state here that is struggling with it. Numbers aren’t bad but they seem to be doubling by the day, we had 50 over weekend today was 117 so who knows where it will go.

@Reiko_ctu happy V day!!!!! Naming babies is hard and like you say the more you have (specially of the same sex) it becomes much harder! Plus not agreeing on names always sucks too. I have a feeling this baby boy will be Hudson but I’m still open to suggestions.

Just heard back from my doctor. It’s called velamentous cord insertion. I’m trying not to google too much and worry.
Hi. I found this post because I was searching for something else I wrote literally years ago. Just wanted to let you know my daughter had this when she was born 7 years ago and it scared the utter shit out of me! But it was totally fine. The problem with VCI is when it's not diagnosed until birth, and then in rare cases the cord will be in front of the birth canal and then it causes a problem. In your case it was diagnosed so they will make sure it's not there. Also, in some cases it can cause growth restriction--they can watch for that too. You need not worry at all. This is probably really common and they're just diagnosing it now because the ultrasounds are better.

@Mummy2Corban it wasn't too bad because I like a bit of space when baby is born but first time mum's must have struggled so bad!! Few days and I'm gonna be joining u in 3rd!!!

@Reiko_ctu it's hard juggling all the different families I agree with u on that one and we decided on Mazikeen for a name but my mum was so shitty about it I'm feeling a little off but my partner really likes it which is difficult!!

I'm so over this now! Baby has dropped so low (I no when uv had a few they bounce up and down until the end) the spd is killing me!!! I keep dry heaving as Well so had to take some cyclizine feeling so rough!! X

@Catmumof4 when I say my baby has never moved up I mean it. He lives in my pelvis, all the time, every single ultrasound they have commented about how he’s just sticking his head there, he’s never moved I wonder if he intends to ever move. It’s not making me hopeful this spd won’t just get worse.

@daniyaaq omg that must be so horrendous!! I'm glad I get the occasional reprieve then! Iv not had spd like this before so it's odd!! Have you had any experience with almost constant on off contractions that aren't doing anything to the cervix? It's crazing me! At least the cyclizine is starting to work Wahoo x

Just had a call from my diabetic nurse, she said my levels are still above target and to up my insulin again, she said of we don't get it controlled then I will have a big baby, all 4 of mine have been 6ib odd, I couldn't handle a much bigger baby! Scared now x

@playgirl666 when so you have growth scans? Hopefully you can get it under control so you don’t have a huge baby!!!! 6lbers sound good to me!

I have no idea how this baby is laying…. I think I feel feet more so on my right side but often feel baby both sides of bump if I’m laying down?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->