October/November Conkers 2021***

@Catmumof4 put him in time out for a bit! Hahahaha! Maybe you could return it and say it’s been up once…. And it’s already got a puncture!

It's from b&m don't think they would. I just said keep it I don't care anymore just feeling like everything's got on top of me suddenly. I wish I could take my fibro meds so I can run around after the kids and not feel trapped in my own damn skin. I'm so sorry for being a Debbie downer. Xx

@Catmumof4 don’t be sorry! We are all allowed to feel shitty! Pregnancy is tough enough as it is and with hormones to deal with it can be very hard. We are hear to listen! We all have a moan and it’s good to vent so these things don’t become to much.

:hug:to all those that need it. This heat really doesn't help all the other pregnancy issues does it. I'm so hot right now sat in my car waiting to go home.

@Mummy2Corban, no I ve not heard from the consultant yet I'm guessing the midwife will have to sort it when I see her at 29w. I feel very abandoned this pregnancy. Thank god it has been straight forward so far.

Wow so what a night last night ended up having to call triage as I just felt like utter crap and couldn’t keep anything down.

4 bags of fluid, anti sickness jag and new meds to take him I was expecting to feel a million a dollars but nope now stuck with the most god awful headache and zero energy, when will this end!!!!

sorry for the rant just feeling sorry myself I think I’m still only 26+2 but I’m so ready for this HG to do one and I know the chances of that are now not going to be until he is here so I just want to fast forward time now I really just wanted to enjoy this last pregnancy as well hooo hum.
On a plus note the girl up triage couldn’t have been any nicer and even convinced the registrar to give me the expensive anti sickness meds from now on, odansetron If anyone has used this? Please day it works long term xx

@topazicatzbet it’s been a bit sucky hasn’t it! I know the midwives must be busy etc but it still doesn’t excuse feeling left behind. Hopefully when you have your appointment you’ll get something sorted to talk to your consultant so your clearer on what’s happening.

@Weemcb26 oh hun!!! I really feel for you! Must be super tough feeling so icky. Hopefully these better meds will kick arse and leave you feeling a bit better!

Thanks for the support u guys are the best xxx

@topazicatzbet I can't believe how little support your getting!! I know they don't like to set a date here u til 36 weeks min in case anything was to change but they can at least give you an idea of when

@Weemcb26 omgosh that sounds awful! Glad your hydrated and fingers crossed the meds start working for you!! Xx

Wow so what a night last night ended up having to call triage as I just felt like utter crap and couldn’t keep anything down.

4 bags of fluid, anti sickness jag and new meds to take him I was expecting to feel a million a dollars but nope now stuck with the most god awful headache and zero energy, when will this end!!!!

sorry for the rant just feeling sorry myself I think I’m still only 26+2 but I’m so ready for this HG to do one and I know the chances of that are now not going to be until he is here so I just want to fast forward time now I really just wanted to enjoy this last pregnancy as well hooo hum.
On a plus note the girl up triage couldn’t have been any nicer and even convinced the registrar to give me the expensive anti sickness meds from now on, odansetron If anyone has used this? Please day it works long term xx
Oh you poor mama, that is a rough time. My nausea is still present but not HG worthy anymore. They should take no convincing to give you ondansetron!! That’s the first go to for HG!! But yes it is really expensive. The last time I went to the ED the dr gave me 4 tablets just in case my kids caught my stomach bug, which was so nice of him.

being that you’re so far and it hasn’t gone away I’d say you’re stuck with the sickness till the end but hopefully it can ease a bit for you, I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine still vomiting at this point. I’m on the verge daily but haven’t in many weeks now. So so sorry!!

@Catmumof4 how are you feeling now?

@Reiko_ctu how are things for you today?
Still feeling really overwhelmed. Tbh I would rather my family went on vacation without me and I could just stay home. Did all the groceries today and now have to get the house sorted as it’s a disaster!

but on the plus side I’ve had no palpitations in 2 days, which I am very thankful for. I’ve cut coffee though which I’m kind of sad about!

@Reiko_ctu sending hugs! Maybe you do need a little breather from it all. I know that’s easier said than done. Sucks having to cut out caffeine but I guess sometimes if it’s for the greater good then it’s got to be done!

How is the heat over there now ladies? After our 40 degree heat wave a few weeks ago it’s been slowly cooling down and now it’s low 20’s and lovely.

@Reiko_ctu Still hot! Temperatures 30°celcius which is just unheard of in Ireland. Nothing to wear so walking round in a tshirt and knickers. My work skype calls are now only from the neck up!!

Oh you poor mama, that is a rough time. My nausea is still present but not HG worthy anymore. They should take no convincing to give you ondansetron!! That’s the first go to for HG!! But yes it is really expensive. The last time I went to the ED the dr gave me 4 tablets just in case my kids caught my stomach bug, which was so nice of him.

being that you’re so far and it hasn’t gone away I’d say you’re stuck with the sickness till the end but hopefully it can ease a bit for you, I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine still vomiting at this point. I’m on the verge daily but haven’t in many weeks now. So so sorry!!
I can’t believe I’m at the point where it could now just stay the duration I had a couple of weeks reprieve and thought yes that’s it’s settles then it’s just came back with vengeance!
In for my glucose test today which is rank btw and in a room with 4 other women and no1 is taking so it’s really awkward! Lol iv to go to triage after here as can shift this headache never rains but it pours eh. Xx

@Weemcb26 it truly sucks, nothing worse than vomiting at this stage. I’m still getting sick here and there but It’s gotten better. I swapped ondansetron for moxolon I honestly found the moxolon better.

@sadeyedlady well if that keeps you call keep those zoom calls from the neck up!! Hehehe!

@Weemcb26 its so awkward being in a room for so long when everyone is quiet. Sorry your having to go back to triage. Fingers crossed your headache eases. With my no.3 baby I was sick the whole way through my pregnancy. Apart from about 3 weeks at around 30 weeks. I’m sorry your going through this.

@Reiko_ctu its not as hot here…. 26-27 so it’s hot but not to bad!

Last day of school for us! Even though I dropped them off at school and as soon as I got home and opened the windows I had a call saying DD1 didn’t want school dinner or school pack lunch so I had to go take her home pack lunch. Got home opened all the windows again and got a call saying someone in year 1 had tested positive for covid so I had to go collect DD2. Basically was a hot sweaty mess by the time I got home! Haha! I’m looking forward to no school runs for a bit!

@sadeyedlady well if that keeps you call keep those zoom calls from the neck up!! Hehehe!

@Weemcb26 its so awkward being in a room for so long when everyone is quiet. Sorry your having to go back to triage. Fingers crossed your headache eases. With my no.3 baby I was sick the whole way through my pregnancy. Apart from about 3 weeks at around 30 weeks. I’m sorry your going through this.

@Reiko_ctu its not as hot here…. 26-27 so it’s hot but not to bad!

Last day of school for us! Even though I dropped them off at school and as soon as I got home and opened the windows I had a call saying DD1 didn’t want school dinner or school pack lunch so I had to go take her home pack lunch. Got home opened all the windows again and got a call saying someone in year 1 had tested positive for covid so I had to go collect DD2. Basically was a hot sweaty mess by the time I got home! Haha! I’m looking forward to no school runs for a bit!

Someone tested positive in my sons year yesterday but they haven't been sent home to isolate, it's now optional so I made him stay. Lol.

It got up to 32 degrees yesterday here and today is 26, thank god my car aircon works. A patient just took one look at me and got me a nice chilled bottle of water to take with me.

@topazicatzbet well we didn’t have a choice but to collect?! We then had an email saying as the rules changed Monday she doesn’t have to isolate and maybe take a lateral flow test to see if she has it and then isolate if it was positive?!

Ah what a lovely patient to get you a cold water! You must be so hot in your uniform and ppe l! Plus being pregnancy hot! Hopefully it cools down in the next few days so you get some relief

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->