October/November Conkers 2021***

Also whilst I’m here I am just going to have a whine about my partner. He just doesn’t understand the tiredness and hard work that being pregnant alone is like! He goes to work full time so he does a lot but it’s like I can’t possibly be more tired than him and I feel like he expects the house shopping etc all to be ship shape and done 24/7 cos I’m not working. But some days I just can’t manage anything other than doing nothing and it seems to annoy him that I am not feeling great or in pain or whatever. Maybe it’s me just feeling guilty but I swear he just doesn’t understand at all.

Rant over, sorry. Just sat here with a headache and no appetite and feeling tired and sorry for myself :)

Also whilst I’m here I am just going to have a whine about my partner. He just doesn’t understand the tiredness and hard work that being pregnant alone is like! He goes to work full time so he does a lot but it’s like I can’t possibly be more tired than him and I feel like he expects the house shopping etc all to be ship shape and done 24/7 cos I’m not working. But some days I just can’t manage anything other than doing nothing and it seems to annoy him that I am not feeling great or in pain or whatever. Maybe it’s me just feeling guilty but I swear he just doesn’t understand at all.

Rant over, sorry. Just sat here with a headache and no appetite and feeling tired and sorry for myself :)

I think the midwives should all have a body suit for the men to wear for a day and get an idea of how exhausting it is walking around with the extra weight. Trying to bend etc.

@sil men just don’t get it! My DH is like I understand but I’m like you really don’t understand!!! Hahaha! Loving the name Austin too.

Do need to catch up on thread but just wanted to quickly update u all.

So I saw my Liver consultant today and I stressed to him now fed up I am with the itching and the terrible reflux and diareah.
He said he wants me to be induced at 37 weeks and has already emailed my pregnancy consultant to stress that.
So induction will be 37 weeks. I am so happy.

Won't be seeing my pregnancy consultant untill 1st September at 36+4 weeks but induction will be 37 so if he gives me the date that day I will only have days eeeeeek.

I am hoping with the liver consultant pushing for 37 weeks I will get a phone call for my date b4 my next appointment.

Feel so relieved now but be extra happy when I get a date.
Had more bloods taken today too to check bile acid and liver function.

So 3 and half weeks for me now ladies.
So so happy. Just praying it all goes smoothy [-o<

@Catmumof4
Do not fast hon. It lowers the levels abs won't give u a accurate reading.
I Was told to fast but I'm on a ICP support group on Facebook and there are ICP experts on there and they told me do not fast.
With fasting my bile levels were always a 7 or 4 but when I didn't fast they went to 13.
Had more bloods today and I ate B4 having them.

I've been on Urso since 27 weeks
Piriton
Menthal cream
Hydrocortisone

And now he has perscribed me some kind of antibiotic that helps with itching and is safe in pregnancy.

Piriton does not help me at all.
The menthol cream is good but wears off fast and in places I've scratched real bad and broken the skin it really stings when I put the cream on.
The highest my levels have gone is a 13 so borderline icp.
I'm being induced at 37 weeks but mainly because I've had a liver transplant.

I cud of kissed my Liver consultant when he said 37 week induction. Just need that date now but knowing its gonna be 37 has made my day.
Be nice to have a date tho.
Hoping it will be on 3rd or 4th September[-o<

Hope all u other ladies are OK.
Been so tired and drained lately so apologies for not being consistant on here..

@Suggerhoney i bet that’s a weight off your shoulders! At least now you don’t have to wait for your consultant appointment at 36 weeks. Exciting times! What appointments do you have in the next few weeks? Will you have another growth scan?

@playgirl when will u get ure date hon?
I'm being induced at 37 weeks but still no date and don't think I will get one untill I see my pregnancy consultant again at 36+4 weeks.
But now my Liver consultant has written to my pregnancy consultant requesting 37 weeks I'm hoping I get a phone call with my date b4 that appointment.

Really hope they book me in for 3rd or 4th September..

Yes my youngest turns 2 September 29th! So I might not be home for her birthday :( but we will celebrate after if that's the case x
I'm in the same boat it's Bonnies 1st birthday the 30th Sept so I may or may not be home for that which is making me feel very down

Iv got to say it most men can be right arses! They just don't get it. Like to them it's literally no big deal this huge weight we literally carry! Hope he gets with it soon for u xx

@Catmumof4
Do not fast hon. It lowers the levels abs won't give u a accurate reading.
I Was told to fast but I'm on a ICP support group on Facebook and there are ICP experts on there and they told me do not fast.
With fasting my bile levels were always a 7 or 4 but when I didn't fast they went to 13.
Had more bloods today and I ate B4 having them.

I've been on Urso since 27 weeks
Piriton
Menthal cream
Hydrocortisone

And now he has perscribed me some kind of antibiotic that helps with itching and is safe in pregnancy.

Piriton does not help me at all.
The menthol cream is good but wears off fast and in places I've scratched real bad and broken the skin it really stings when I put the cream on.
The highest my levels have gone is a 13 so borderline icp.
I'm being induced at 37 weeks but mainly because I've had a liver transplant.

I cud of kissed my Liver consultant when he said 37 week induction. Just need that date now but knowing its gonna be 37 has made my day.
Be nice to have a date tho.
Hoping it will be on 3rd or 4th September[-o<

Hope all u other ladies are OK.
Been so tired and drained lately so apologies for not being consistant on here..
I didn't fast in the end. I was on the icp website and it said don't so I wonder y the stupid midwife said to do it. So happy for u but know what u mean about not getting too excited until u get a date! I have my next consultant on the 23rd Aug and should fingers crossed get my date then!

SO I was seen on dau again today for reduced movements , this insane itching and I can barely move my legs today due to pain! I broke down because they were being so cold. Monitor picked baby's movements up eventually and then we saw the Dr who has repeated the lft bloods for icp and hopefully get the results for that tomorrow. And the pain is just so unbearable they have prescribed me oramorph to take for a few days and go back Tues to review everything. 32 weeks tomorrow and time has never gone so slow before!! It is my daughter's 3rd birthday tomorrow so that's something to look forward too ! Xx

I am the same. Just absolutely bloody exhausted, even with prenatals and iron pills and I can barely do anything without needing a break to rest. At 28 weeks. 12 more of this to go, gosh I don’t know how I’ll do it. Thankfully my DH is super understanding but I do feel really guilty. I can see it’s frustrating for him to do housework when he’s come home from 10 hours of work daily. But he is being kind to me at least. He’s never really been sympathetic during any of my previous pregnancies so I’m surprised. He’s giving me back rubs and just saying to do what I can and not stress myself out.

@Suggerhoney i bet that’s a weight off your shoulders! At least now you don’t have to wait for your consultant appointment at 36 weeks. Exciting times! What appointments do you have in the next few weeks? Will you have another growth scan?

Probably won't get my date untill 36+4 still' unless they call me with a date b4 then' now liver consultant has requested 37 weeks.
If not I will just get the date at 36+4 weeks. That's on September 1st and yes I have a growth scan at 8:30am that day as well and then consultant right after.
Hoping my date will be 3rd or 4th September.
Still expecting baby to be 8lbs or more even with a induction at 37 weeks.

No more appointments for me this week hon unless my bloods come back with crazy high bile levels.
I have a midwife appointment next week on Wednesday then my next appointment will be the growth scan and consultant on 1st September..
3 weeks today. Z

I'm in the same boat it's Bonnies 1st birthday the 30th Sept so I may or may not be home for that which is making me feel very down

Iv got to say it most men can be right arses! They just don't get it. Like to them it's literally no big deal this huge weight we literally carry! Hope he gets with it soon for u xx

I didn't fast in the end. I was on the icp website and it said don't so I wonder y the stupid midwife said to do it. So happy for u but know what u mean about not getting too excited until u get a date! I have my next consultant on the 23rd Aug and should fingers crossed get my date then!

SO I was seen on dau again today for reduced movements , this insane itching and I can barely move my legs today due to pain! I broke down because they were being so cold. Monitor picked baby's movements up eventually and then we saw the Dr who has repeated the lft bloods for icp and hopefully get the results for that tomorrow. And the pain is just so unbearable they have prescribed me oramorph to take for a few days and go back Tues to review everything. 32 weeks tomorrow and time has never gone so slow before!! It is my daughter's 3rd birthday tomorrow so that's something to look forward too ! Xx

Just gonna warn u now hon. U probably won't get a date untill 36 weeks. That seems to he when they give them.
I won't get my date until 36+4 and all the other ladies that have come sections or induction don't get a date until 36 weeks.
Don't know why they leave it so long they just do
So shit.

Just gonna warn u now hon. U probably won't get a date untill 36 weeks. That seems to he when they give them.
I won't get my date until 36+4 and all the other ladies that have come sections or induction don't get a date until 36 weeks.
Don't know why they leave it so long they just do
So shit.
Yh I'm expecting ìt but they said date at next appointment so will see lol!! X

I will get my date September 9th at my 34 week appointment, they booked me in at 34 weeks with maze aswell x

I can’t believe how many of you are getting so close! Like @Suggerhoney youve got weeks left! Ahhhh!!! Followed closely by @Catmumof4 and @playgirl666! Then the rest of us!!!

I stalk the September thread and I was just reading that and so many are on baby watch it’s a bit exciting! Our group next!

Fingers crossed they give it you hon. Didn't want to upset u hon just wanted to pre warn u becuase I thought I wud get my date at my last appointment and he said I had to wait until the next one at 36+4 I was so upset.

@playgirl666
Ure so lucky u get ure date then hon I have to wait until 36+4 and so do alot of ladies because they don't like giving out dates untill 36 weeks.
The only time I got a date earlier was with dd because I had pre eclampsia.
Didn't get my date untill 36+ weeks with Tommy either and it's just such short notice.
I'm sure appointments with consultants were every 2 weeks from 32 weeks but when I see mine next it wud of been 4 weeks since my last appointment.
Midwife on Wednesday but she can't give a date unfortunately. Only the pregnancy consultant can do it.
Hope they ring me b4 the 1st September and give me a date but I can bet my bottom dollar I will have to wait :-(

@Mummy2Corban
U are right behind me hon so not long for you now either.
Yes the September group has got so exciting.

I think in this group it will be
Me first
Then you Mummy2Corban
Then Playgirl666 or Catmumof4 so exciting

@Suggerhoney all of my babies have been late so I just think baby will come at least a few days later than my DD…. I always feel like I need those few days to get me ready for labour as I start getting nervous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->