October/November Conkers 2021***

Don’t say that! Haha! I’d be shocked if he turned up early… even by a few days. I don’t even know why I get nervous?! I don’t use pain relief, apart from no.1 being back to back my labours have been pretty much straight forward?! So I’m unsure why I get so wobbly! I’m super excited about meeting this little fella so I don’t know! Watch me turn into a bag of nerves in a few weeks.

@topazicatzbet i hope your midwife appointment goes ok today. Hopefully you’ll get some info on your consultant/section. I guess if bubs is breech and your having a planned section anyway it doesn’t matter so much about his position?!?

@Catmumof4 hopefully all goes well with your section and getting sterilised and your pain relief does it’s job. Ah a baby shower! How exciting! Weather here looks ok so hopefully as you aren’t far you’ll have nice weather for it too.

Well midwife was uneventfully as expected usually bp and urine check. Took bloods measured bump and will send an email to chase consultant. She didn't even listen in or see what position he was in. Nothing now for 4 weeks.

@daniyaaq fingers crossed that won’t be the case! Baby will appear at just the right time!

@topazicatzbet ah that’s a bit rubbish that she didn’t even listen in or check babies position. Hopefully you’ll hear from the consultant soon then rather than having to wait any longer. So frustrating!

I just had my midwife appointment… again uneventful but she did measure me and listen to baby. Measuring 32 so bang on track. She said (different midwife) that if I really want to use MLBU then I can specially if by next appointment all is still ok.

Did anyone suffer headaches in second tri? My good friend google has me worrying about it, I thought headaches were a pretty standard pregnancy thing but google says not so common in second tri. I’m 26+4 and this is the 4th day in a row I have had a headache come on and it’s quite unusual for me I don’t often have them so they are quite noticeable. So just wondered if others had these headaches?

I also called antenatal clinic about the 36 week consultant app and that’s booked in for Oct 19th at 36+1 when I will get my date :D Now for the next 10 weeks to pass by!

@daniyaaq fingers crossed that won’t be the case! Baby will appear at just the right time!

@topazicatzbet ah that’s a bit rubbish that she didn’t even listen in or check babies position. Hopefully you’ll hear from the consultant soon then rather than having to wait any longer. So frustrating!

I just had my midwife appointment… again uneventful but she did measure me and listen to baby. Measuring 32 so bang on track. She said (different midwife) that if I really want to use MLBU then I can specially if by next appointment all is still ok.
You were lucky to see them again I have to go til 34 now then it finally goes tone weekly.

I haven't seen my midwife since 25 weeks.
She was supposed to do a home visit about 2 weeks ago but she cudnt make it.
I saw my consultant on 4th August and now won't be seeing him untill 1st September.
I have managed to book a midwife appointment for this Wed tho so that kind of breaks it up.
Only thing is I was put into a first time mum slot so it cud get cancelled then I won't be seeing anyone untill 36+4 weeks.
34 weeks tomorrow.

@Catmumof4
I do like being told right ure coming in in a few days for ure induction because then it's only days to wait and not weeks.
I think if I had my date now i wud be counting down the day' hours' minutes and seconds so at least getting a date at the last minute does have its positives.
My bags are all packed and so happy I packed them now.
No way cud I be bothered to do them tomorrow at 34 weeks like i first intended.
I just feel so tired.

Did anyone suffer headaches in second tri? My good friend google has me worrying about it, I thought headaches were a pretty standard pregnancy thing but google says not so common in second tri. I’m 26+4 and this is the 4th day in a row I have had a headache come on and it’s quite unusual for me I don’t often have them so they are quite noticeable. So just wondered if others had these headaches?

I also called antenatal clinic about the 36 week consultant app and that’s booked in for Oct 19th at 36+1 when I will get my date :D Now for the next 10 weeks to pass by!

Have u spoken to anyone about the headaches hon? Like ure midwife? Mite be worth giving them a call and tell them.
It can be a sign of pre eclampsia.
Have u got any swelling?
I had severe pre eclampsia with dd and Mt feet and ancles were so swollen. My face was swollen as well.
It may be just pregnancy hormones causing the bad headaches.
Hormones rise alot in 3rd trimester and ure not far from it.

@daniyaaq
Eeeeeek ure nealry in 3rd trimester hon.

Have u spoken to anyone about the headaches hon? Like ure midwife? Mite be worth giving them a call and tell them.
It can be a sign of pre eclampsia.
Have u got any swelling?
I had severe pre eclampsia with dd and Mt feet and ancles were so swollen. My face was swollen as well.
It may be just pregnancy hormones causing the bad headaches.
Hormones rise alot in 3rd trimester and ure not far from it.

@daniyaaq
Eeeeeek ure nealry in 3rd trimester hon.

I haven’t spoke to anyone about it yet no it’s just been the last few days. If it carries on I definitely will. Have been keeping an eye out for swelling but haven’t had any atm so probably is just hormones! Fun fun :)

have you always ended up getting preeclampsia or can it be random in any pregnancy? Iv had two children and never any signs of high blood pressure so think it’s unlikely however idk if it can happen just as likely in any pregnancy even if you’ve never had it befor? X

Well midwife was uneventfully as expected usually bp and urine check. Took bloods measured bump and will send an email to chase consultant. She didn't even listen in or see what position he was in. Nothing now for 4 weeks.
I'm sorry that was such a crap appointment!! Hopefully next will be better

@soloso headaches can be normal BUT they can also be a clear sign something is wrong. I had really bad migraine headaches with my 3rd pregnancy and it got so bad they ended up keeping me in because I couldn't see when the episodes started. It could be hormones, dehydration, pre e, apparently our eyesight changes during pregnancy so if you wear glasses etc it can change the prescription slightly... it is best to get checked anything that isn't normal for you hun hope it eases for you soon!

@Suggerhoney I think in all honesty if I had my date I'd be counting the nanoseconds LMAO! I'm so impatient Lol!

My baby shower tomorrow feeling a bit nervous if I'm honest iv never had a proper one before! And to make it worse my super judgemental mother is coming...... she never comes to anything like this so I'm nervous Lol! Xx

Don’t say that! Haha! I’d be shocked if he turned up early… even by a few days. I don’t even know why I get nervous?! I don’t use pain relief, apart from no.1 being back to back my labours have been pretty much straight forward?! So I’m unsure why I get so wobbly! I’m super excited about meeting this little fella so I don’t know! Watch me turn into a bag of nerves in a few weeks.

@topazicatzbet i hope your midwife appointment goes ok today. Hopefully you’ll get some info on your consultant/section. I guess if bubs is breech and your having a planned section anyway it doesn’t matter so much about his position?!?

@Catmumof4 hopefully all goes well with your section and getting sterilised and your pain relief does it’s job. Ah a baby shower! How exciting! Weather here looks ok so hopefully as you aren’t far you’ll have nice weather for it too.

Is it about meeting a new little person and adjusting as a family?? Or is the labour part do you think that makes you wobbly? How is the MLBU different than the hospital?

@topazicatzbet Thats too bad she didn’t check position at almost 30 weeks :/. And no Doppler for hb either??

I haven’t spoke to anyone about it yet no it’s just been the last few days. If it carries on I definitely will. Have been keeping an eye out for swelling but haven’t had any atm so probably is just hormones! Fun fun :)

have you always ended up getting preeclampsia or can it be random in any pregnancy? Iv had two children and never any signs of high blood pressure so think it’s unlikely however idk if it can happen just as likely in any pregnancy even if you’ve never had it befor? X

No I only had it with our 8 year old dd. Haven't had it with any of the others.
Probably is just hormones hon but keep an eye on it.

@Catmumof4
Hahahaha tbh u wud probably be counting the nano seconds too hahahahaha

Wildfire smoke has blown into our area and making it hard to breathe. It’s gross.

@Reiko_ctu no I think it the labour part… maybe the pain? And the unknown of how it will go?! I mean that’s what I’m guessing?! Our midwife lad unit has 4 rooms with 3 pools. They only have gas and air and possibly pethidine?! They don’t take high risk ladies as drs don’t come into the MLBU. They pretty much leave you too it… I’ve felt much more relaxed on there than on delivery suite. This midwife wasn’t pushing that I had the drip after the baby… she just said that I’m at a higher risk but if I used the MLBU I’m only down the corridor from delivery suite and theatre if that was needed! She said it’s my body and my birth so it’s ultimately my choice. The midwife before this one kinda suggested my only option was delivery suite!!!!

I feel like this little one has dropped even lower, I can put my hand in my pubes and feel the swooshing and rolling it hurts so much like my entire pelvis is about to shatter.

add: gave myself a fright last night thinking baby got stuck down there, it really feels like he’s trying to wiggle out of something.

Last edited:
@daniyaaq congrats on 3rd tri!! yay!!

@Reiko_ctu that sounds awful. I can't even imagine trying to breathe with that awful smoke.

@Catmumof4 enjoy your shower! I've never had a baby shower before either and I'm on my 4th. I don't like to be center of attention though.

@soloso I hope your headaches feel better soon. They can be such a drag in pregnancy. I'm not sure about preeclampsia, I think you will only know if you have your blood pressure monitored. Do you have one at home you can check?

@Suggerhoney you are getting so close!!! I can't believe you are 34 weeks. How wild. I can't wait to see some ladies start giving birth. I'm excited to hear your story and see pics after arrival.

It's really hot here today - 102 degrees (39 Celsius) and humid. I have been complaining all day and don't know how I'll sleep. Also, DD got poison ivy on her face the other day and now her eye is swollen, poor thing...heat is not helping her at all.

Baby is moving a lot more now and I can FINALLY feel her from the outside. It gives me hope that she is growing. Next growth scan with the MFM is on Thursday, so less than a week away. I am excited to see her again but a bundle of nerves about her growth.

@sil you poor thing. I love summer but can only handle dry heat, the humid I can’t take at all. Hope your DD gets better soon.

@Mummy2Corban that sounds like such a nice option! We only have hospital births or home births here in BC. And they won’t take you as a home birth if you’re high risk. And on the ward it’s mixed midwives and OB. But it’d be nice to have an option that’s in between, like closer to help if you need it like the midwife unit sounds. I hope you don’t bleed too much this time and you can just stay on the midwife unit the whole time.

No pools in our hospital either just small bathtubs so you can only have water births at home. I’ve never done a water birth before though!!

I feel like this little one has dropped even lower, I can put my hand in my pubes and feel the swooshing and rolling it hurts so much like my entire pelvis is about to shatter.

add: gave myself a fright last night thinking baby got stuck down there, it really feels like he’s trying to wiggle out of something.
Dani mines the same! So low down. Not sure if it’s fingers or what wriggling around down there. I’m sure you’ll have him early at this point. How’s your bump looking now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->