October/November Conkers 2021***

@Catmumof4 so fingers crossed that everything goes as straight forward as possible so you can escape in time. Good plan on having everything ready to go so you’ve not got to worry about that.

@Reiko_ctu oh no I was living vicariously through you. Sucks we have to deal with the nausea again.

as for DP, he’s the type of guy you call a guy to fix what he was fixing :rofl: i have given him simpler tasks though so he’ll get to feel like he did something. Luckily what I want done is more preference than necessities.

@Penguin20 i feel you, I honestly think the time is dragging and I don’t know what to do to keep occupied when I’m sick with no energy.

@Catmumof4 just 4 weeks to do. Lucky lucky.

@Mummy2Corban it is so horrible waiting. Its the unknown too. Like if there too busy and I cant be put in at 37 so get pushed to go further. I really wish they just gave me my date at my last consultant appointment it wudnt of hurt but nope.
I really hope I do get it tomorrow because I'm really starting to get anxious now.

@Catmumof4
See that's what I'm really worried about now. Where they have left it so late to give me my date what if there so booked up they can't get me in and I get pushed to go to 38 weeks. My liver consultant said no to 38 weeks and said in the letter he strongly advised 37 weeks. And the registrar that saw me Thursday also said 37 weeks.
I'm feeling really anxious and scared now. I'm so close to 36 weeks now they cud of just gave me my date Thursday last week at 34+5 but no.
I feel so in limbo and just the unknown.
They did book one lady in for the very next day for induction last Thursday. So hopefully they can do me at 37 weeks and no later.
I'm so done now there is no way I can go to 38 weeks.

@Reiko_ctu oh no I was living vicariously through you. Sucks we have to deal with the nausea again.

as for DP, he’s the type of guy you call a guy to fix what he was fixing :rofl: i have given him simpler tasks though so he’ll get to feel like he did something. Luckily what I want done is more preference than necessities.

@Penguin20 i feel you, I honestly think the time is dragging and I don’t know what to do to keep occupied when I’m sick with no energy.

@Catmumof4 just 4 weeks to do. Lucky lucky.

So happy ure all moved in hon. Sorry about the lockdown tho. Do u know how long lockdown will be?
Sorry about the sickness too not nice at all.

So happy ure all moved in hon. Sorry about the lockdown tho. Do u know how long lockdown will be?
Sorry about the sickness too not nice at all.
Who knows, at the moment they said till 2 September but realistically it’s until they can get cases down to as close to 0 as possible.

Who knows, at the moment they said till 2 September but realistically it’s until they can get cases down to as close to 0 as possible.

Gosh hon. Hope it is the 2nd September. I hated being in lockdown. We have been in lockdown 3 times so far and I have a horrible feeling there will be another one come winter.
Hope not.

Everything is open now here again but at the hospital there rules are still strict.
I can only have DH to visit me in hospital and no kids and no other visitors.
Sucks becuase I'm gonna be in there a good 6 days in total including induction.
Gonna be horrible being away from my Tommy poo.
He turns 2 in September so he is still my baby even tho I'm about to have another baby..

Surprisingly our hospital policy isn’t as strict. I should add where I am we have no Covid at so right now, maybe that’s why. Siblings are allowed to visit

Surprisingly our hospital policy isn’t as strict. I should add where I am we have no Covid at so right now, maybe that’s why. Siblings are allowed to visit

I'm so upsett our hospital is being so strict. U know dh can visit but he will have to stay at home to look after Tommy once I've given birth. So I'm gonna be on my own mainly. I like it when he can visit and bring the kids because he can help with baby but I'm gonna be doing the first week on my own. The midwifes may help but there short staffed.
I had to have surgery to stop bleeding after Tommy and I cudnt move after for 24 hours and it was nice to have dh there to help.
But this time he will have to hurry back after I give birth to look after the kids so it's all on me.

I’m slowly creeping up on third trimester. The second trimester has really dragged for me this pregnancy for some reason. It’s the first time I’ve been pregnant foe the entire summer so maybe that’s why?

I officially have the rest of my pregnancy mapped out! I’m 27 weeks tomorrow. I have appointments at 29 and 31 weeks with regular obgyn. Then I have a non stress test and ultrasound at the MFM at 32 weeks. If all goes well with that, I see obgyn again at 34 weeks and then I get a non stress test and ultrasound weekly at 36, 37, 38, and 39 weeks. I’m hoping she comes early. DS1 was born at 38 weeks and DS2 at 37 weeks, but DD1 held on until 39+6.

Reflux has been kicking in like crazy over here. I feel like I can’t eat anything anymore without issues.

Bought my first round of baby clothes yesterday! It’s making me so excited to meet her and it’s finally starting to feel more real. I didn’t buy anything but a car seat until now and I think I kept myself pretty guarded due to her being so small and the cord issues. I’m feeling more secure now that she’s growing and we are well past viability.

@sil your so close to the third tri! Awesome! Lovely that you have now bought baby girl some clothes! Sounds like they will be keeping a good eye on you too! Hopefully will help pass the time too.

@Suggerhoney ive all crossed that you get a date tomorrow! I can imagine how anxious you must be. It will be very frustrating if they don’t give you a date and they keep you waiting till next week.

BC has been “open” for the summer but now we’re getting close to fall they’re locking down again. Grades 4+ need to wear masks in school.

right now 75% of our pop is vaccinated so you need a “vaccine card” to go to restaurants, sports, gyms, shows etc starting in a few weeks. And masks are mandated again in all indoor areas. So DH can go out to eat but I can only get takeout XD

I’m toying with the vaccine again… ugh not sure what to do but not a lot of time to make a choice. DH wants me to get it. And I know my family would hate this but I think I want everyone (grammas and aunties etc) to wear masks when they’re with the baby for the first few months. I’m not worried about it for any of my big kids or myself but for a newborn with no immune system I am! I remember my December baby caught a mild cold within the first month or so and it was miserable!!

@Reiko_ctu it's your personal choice for the vaccine but I have had it as all is well and baby should have some immunity from me to protect it.

I felt the risk of covid making me seriously ill or the risk to the baby if I caught it was too high to not have it.

@Reiko_ctu I got it aswell. The complications if I were to catch it outweigh the risks. Plus baby also will have the antibodies when he is born.

Ugh I could strangle my mother in law. Like she thinks I am just floating along during this part of my pregnancy or something. She texts me at like noon every few days and asks if she can come visit or if I can bring the girls to hang out with their cousins or something the like… like no, my house is a mess, I’m still in my pajamas, not showered, and we haven’t done any of our schooling yet. I’ve basically just dragged myself out of bed to make my kids lunch, no you cannot f******* stop by in half an hour for a visit!!! Like who would think to drop in in short notice on a 30 week homeschooling pregnant woman with Hg and 3 kids…

@Reiko_ctu
Its totally ure choice hon. I have not had the vaccine.
I didn't feel safe getting it while pregnant.
I know many woman have had it tho and have been fine.

But for me it just didn't feel right getting it. Esp as it's quite new for pregnant womon to get it over her. I know in the US and some other countries they have been given it to pregnant womon for quite some time but here it's relatively new and I don't know if I trust something that's only been out a short time.
Just do what u want to do hon and don't let anyone pressurise you.

@sil your so close to the third tri! Awesome! Lovely that you have now bought baby girl some clothes! Sounds like they will be keeping a good eye on you too! Hopefully will help pass the time too.

@Suggerhoney ive all crossed that you get a date tomorrow! I can imagine how anxious you must be. It will be very frustrating if they don’t give you a date and they keep you waiting till next week.

If they don't give me my date tomorrow I will cry. Surly they will because I'm nearly 36 weeks and originally my consultant was gonna give me my date at 36 weeks exactly. But I cudnt get into see him untill 36+4 because they were booked up. When I go in tomorrow I'm gonna tell them that I was told last week I wud get my date today.
Gonna say we need to organise child care etc too. And just gonna complain about the itching and how I can't bear it any longer.
My appointment isn't untill 3pm tomorrow. Hope I sleep tonight otherwise will be a long night and day.

@Reiko_ctu I’ve not had the vaccine yet either. I don’t feel comfortable getting it and with what I’ve read and researched I’m comfortable with not having it for now. Either way you need to do what you feel is right. And if you want relatives to wear masks around baby then that’s perfectly understandable. Tell MIL to bog off! Haha! I’m sure she means well but I get why that would be so annoying.

@Suggerhoney surely with your next appointment only being a week away they could give you a date tomorrow? I’d lay it on too! Childcare has got to be a big factor as it’s tricky when you have little people to think about. Also like you say the fact your itching etc can’t be good. I have all crossed

@Reiko_ctu the vaccine dilemma is real. Up until a few weeks ago pregnant women weren’t allowed to have it here in Australia. We started having cases, insert panic now all of a sudden go have it.

spoke to my midwife, they have chosen to keep some supply ready and available for women going through them but aren’t pressuring. So since we aren’t yet having cases or high cases the risk is still low but should anything change I can basically get it straight away. Alternatively I can get it after birth. I know doesn’t help you but that definitely made it easier for me to decide to get it later on rather than when pregnant

@Reiko_ctu I’ve not had the vaccine yet either. I don’t feel comfortable getting it and with what I’ve read and researched I’m comfortable with not having it for now. Either way you need to do what you feel is right. And if you want relatives to wear masks around baby then that’s perfectly understandable. Tell MIL to bog off! Haha! I’m sure she means well but I get why that would be so annoying.

@Suggerhoney surely with your next appointment only being a week away they could give you a date tomorrow? I’d lay it on too! Childcare has got to be a big factor as it’s tricky when you have little people to think about. Also like you say the fact your itching etc can’t be good. I have all crossed

Thank you hon. Yeah u wud think they wud just give it to me.
I asked for it last Thursday but the doctor said they will give me it on Wed so hopefully they stick to there word.
Definitely gonna lay it on thick.

Really hope I sleep tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back