October/November Conkers 2021***

Hey all I'm rubbish at remembering who said what

I think It was reiko sister 32weeks at 5lb is excellent Isabella was born at 5lbs but at 36 weeks! Hope baby does really Well!

The school days conversation my oldest starts yr 7 tomorrow then the 3 go back Mon and we are trying to change Evelyns nursery so hopefully that will get sorted soon!

Mummy2corban you have such a sunny outlook on everything I'm jealous I'm usually quite a negative Nancy Lol! I'm definitely one who is done with this pregnancy and having babies altogether Lol!!

Weebmc yey for getting the date there is no better feeling Lol!!

Sugger I'm guessing 7lb 6 on sat! What a lovely bump

Sorry iv been mia yesterday the bug took over I couldn't keep any water or food down and I started throwing up bile that was so dark it looked black and they said there was blood in it. I had to stay in overnight and got back about 5 pm this evening. So so tired after 2 days of no sleep it's been hard work. I saw the consultant today and she has agreed to try bring my cesarean forward a week if she can. She said she cannot believe how much they are booked and I saw for myself it was so overrun! I'm so so glad mines a cesarean as apposed to an induction. We only have a smallish hospital and it was mental busy! Sorry for going on just shocked was all xx

@Suggerhoney sounds like you’ve been busy! But it does feel good knowing it’s all done and sorted. At least with the kiddies back at school you can chill tomorrow. I think you should send DH to the shops tomorrow and you should relax with bump! Sounds like a lovely evening of pampering too! All ready for Saturday. I’ve all crossed for an early shout for you to go in so you can get the ball rolling.

yes I would say that this bump is bigger than Tommy’s bump but I guess if Tommy was engaged that might have made bump slightly smaller? It’s hard to say regarding bump size…. Like I said before I’ve had two 8lb 2oz babies one of those was my biggest bump and the other my smallest! You’ve got this girl!

@Catmumof4 i think some of my positivity comes from having such a negative sole draining mother! Ha!

oh god it sounds like you’ve had a rough few days! Are you feeling any better now? Fingers crossed that they can move your section by a week. When will you find out if it’s possible?

@Mummy2Corban I have one of them the majority of the time but she was ok and came to the hospital with me yesterday both me and my partner were really shocked! Yh it's been a hard few days but I feel fine now (touch wood) just hope the kids get rid before Mon!! Iv got my scan at 9am tomorrow and if JUST realised I'm 35 weeks today!
Next week is my next goal as I had Isabella at 36 weeks. Will hopefully find out Mon if I can xx

@Catmumof4 i have nothing to do with my mother currently as she brings to much upset and hurt that I can’t deal with her. Glad your feeling much better though! Hopefully the kiddies will all be clear for Monday. Happy 35 weeks lady! Not long till you get to meet your newest lady if they change your date!

@Cat
Oh hon I'm so sorry u have been so poorly. Hopefully ure on the mend now and will feel human again soon.
Cudnt ure consultant just book u in a week earlier? Just so u know ure in?

Our hospital is quite big and I didn't get to see how busy they were for inductions and c sections because they don't use a diary book anymore. It was all done on a computer.
I'm very high risk so hopefully won't be kept waiting all day and be pushed to go another day. I will cry if that happens.
Thanks for the weight guess hon. I 7lb 6oz was Tommy's weight but I really think this one will be bigger.
Guess we should hopefully know soon enough.
Just need to get tomorrow out the way and then hope and pray for a early phone call[-o<
Kind of wish labour wud just start or my waters wud break but I've literally had no sign of impending labour at all.
But I new I wud make it to my induction.
Just so glad I'm being induced. No way cud I go another week.

@Mummy2Corban
This bump is higher I carried Tommy lower and he was engaged.
B4 I was engaged I remember a womon thinking I was full term with Tommy at 27 weeks lol.
I have normol amount of water levels so I know its not all baby.
But I'm freeking about him being huge and getting stuck like DS2.
Guess only time will tell.

Dh has not ruled out having another baby. I know its highly unlikely with my age but we do have the space and so if we did decide to come off the pill and just see what happens in a year or so then we will do that.
I'll be almost 43 tho so the chances wud probably be very slim.

I'm hoping I'm gonna get that I'm done feeling once I've given birth but such a sucker for a newborn and I do love being pregnant just the early pregnancy bit and the last few weeks are hard.
I enjoyed the 3rd trimester with Tommy because I was in and out of hospital with contractions and lots was going on.

But I haven't had to go in and stay at all with this pregnancy.
With Tommy I had a over night hospital stay at 21 weeks because of a bad uti.

Then I had another stay at 33+6 weeks because of contractions for 24 hours.
Then was in again at 35 weeks and again at 36 weeks.
So the 3rd trimester flew with him.

But it's dragged this time.
This week has been the longest week ever.
But only 1 more day now and then hopefully will be going in nice and early on Saturday.

@Reiko_ctu i reckon unless you go late we will be around the same time. Although I’m hoping to convince them to induce me sometime between 37&38. I like to surf when bf and it will be just me and Bub at home so I’ll definitely be on here still. Plus lots of of the Nov girls will still be waiting to give birth so don’t worry.

Can u ladies in other countries opt for a early induction?
Here they don't do any inductions b4 40 weeks unless it's a high risk pregnancy or other medical reasons.
We Don't get to choose to have a section either unless we have had one b4.

I opted for a section with Tommy due to the previous birth being so traumatic and me nearly dieing but was denied.

Can u ladies in other countries opt for a early induction?
Here they don't do any inductions b4 40 weeks unless it's a high risk pregnancy or other medical reasons.
We Don't get to choose to have a section either unless we have had one b4.

I opted for a section with Tommy due to the previous birth being so traumatic and me nearly dieing but was denied.
Yeah not here either. Even with GD, one of the reasons for an early induction is a big baby, it’s in all the research papers, but it’s never been offered to me with 4 GD pregnancies! I think if baby is poorly is the main reason they’d induce earlier - like not growing properly or not enough fluid. But nope just having pregnancy ailments won’t get you an early induction here. They won’t induce even until 41 weeks. But my midwives will do membrane sweeps starting at 38 weeks. Which is better than nothing when you’re trying to get baby out.

taking evening primrose oil can help efface the cervix too I think!!

I am taking my group b strep swab this next week at my appointment. I’ll be 32 weeks. Shouldn’t it be done a little closer to labour? I feel like I’ve usually done it at 36 weeks. Anyways I’ve always been negative so hope I am again.

@Suggerhoney i don’t think there’s a nation wide strict policy. Most OBs will do an induction or planned section. So technically yes we can but will always depend on who you get and whether they are advocate of natural births. Usually only after 38 weeks though, but my first I got the induction at 37+4 so yeah.

@Reiko_ctu I’m pretty sure they usually do them closer to 36weeks. I know mine has been discussed for then. So many new things for me I don’t remember doing this with any of my previous babies, and I had to see an Insta reel of some lady (clearly exaggerating) saying they shoved it in her bum….now I’m super nervous.

@Suggerhoney i don’t think there’s a nation wide strict policy. Most OBs will do an induction or planned section. So technically yes we can but will always depend on who you get and whether they are advocate of natural births. Usually only after 38 weeks though, but my first I got the induction at 37+4 so yeah.

@Reiko_ctu I’m pretty sure they usually do them closer to 36weeks. I know mine has been discussed for then. So many new things for me I don’t remember doing this with any of my previous babies, and I had to see an Insta reel of some lady (clearly exaggerating) saying they shoved it in her bum….now I’m super nervous.
We do our own here which can be a bit tricky… just with the big belly in the way. You ha r to wipe the swab from the front to back and go a teeny bit inside your bum XD. Just less embarrassing to do it yourself.

So my BH are becoming super uncomfortable and every time we have sex and i orgasm now I’m getting a really strong BH that is so uncomfortable. Finishing just isn’t even fun anymore. The Bh make me feel sick and short of breath!

Yeah not here either. Even with GD, one of the reasons for an early induction is a big baby, it’s in all the research papers, but it’s never been offered to me with 4 GD pregnancies! I think if baby is poorly is the main reason they’d induce earlier - like not growing properly or not enough fluid. But nope just having pregnancy ailments won’t get you an early induction here. They won’t induce even until 41 weeks. But my midwives will do membrane sweeps starting at 38 weeks. Which is better than nothing when you’re trying to get baby out.

taking evening primrose oil can help efface the cervix too I think!!

I am taking my group b strep swab this next week at my appointment. I’ll be 32 weeks. Shouldn’t it be done a little closer to labour? I feel like I’ve usually done it at 36 weeks. Anyways I’ve always been negative so hope I am again.

Here if ure having a healthy normol no complications pregnancy they won't induce untill ure 7 to 10 days over due. It used to be 14 days over due hence why I was induced at 42 with my second.
But I think they have changed it to 10 days over now but I'm not a 100% on that.
They don't induce here for big babies either.
When u tell them u think ure baby is gonna be big they don't seem to care but I'm not sure it may be different with GD as wud be classed as a medical reason to induce early. But I've never had it so I don't know.

Sorry about the braxton hicks hon mine definitely ramped up at 31 32 weeks ish.
And now when I get them which is every day and night I have to breath through some of them becuaee they can be painful.
Ice been so constipated and I think that is irritating my uterus.
I've manged to go now tho so we shall see. TMI lol.

Well heartburn/acid reflux was a bitch all day yesterday and all night. Its nearly 6am and I've probably only had about half hour sleep.
So think today will be a chill day.

Getting nervous about tomorrow now. Just praying all goes smoothly and baby is healthy.
Hope I get that morning call to go in.[-o<

Here if ure having a healthy normol no complications pregnancy they won't induce untill ure 7 to 10 days over due. It used to be 14 days over due hence why I was induced at 42 with my second.
But I think they have changed it to 10 days over now but I'm not a 100% on that.
They don't induce here for big babies either.
When u tell them u think ure baby is gonna be big they don't seem to care but I'm not sure it may be different with GD as wud be classed as a medical reason to induce early. But I've never had it so I don't know.

Sorry about the braxton hicks hon mine definitely ramped up at 31 32 weeks ish.
And now when I get them which is every day and night I have to breath through some of them becuaee they can be painful.
Ice been so constipated and I think that is irritating my uterus.
I've manged to go now tho so we shall see. TMI lol.

Well heartburn/acid reflux was a bitch all day yesterday and all night. Its nearly 6am and I've probably only had about half hour sleep.
So think today will be a chill day.

Getting nervous about tomorrow now. Just praying all goes smoothly and baby is healthy.
Hope I get that morning call to go in.[-o<
So excited for you! Just heading to bed here, almost 11pm. Enjoy your chill last day before baby arrives - try not to be nervous - you’ve been waiting so long for this and you are ready! You will feel so good once baby has arrived xx

Urghhh the weather is going to get hot again and I'm gonna be in hospital meant to be 27c ok Tuesday urghhh

So excited for you! Just heading to bed here, almost 11pm. Enjoy your chill last day before baby arrives - try not to be nervous - you’ve been waiting so long for this and you are ready! You will feel so good once baby has arrived xx

Thanks hon. I think my main worry is baby being healthy. I just want him to be healthy with no complications at all. Also worrying about him being big.
I really don't trust the scan I think my bump is huge. Hope u sleep well hon

Well with baby no.5 I had static growth at the scan they said he was over 8lb 13oz which at my hospital is classed as a big baby. Even though I had already delivered a 8lb 15oz baby they said it’s likely the baby would get stuck so I was offered a section, induction or a sweep. I declined but said I’d have a sweep but I didn’t as it was to close to DD1s birthday.

@Reiko_ctu ive never had a group strep b test?! Sucky your BH ramp up during sex! I still don’t think I have any… if I do I haven’t noticed so I guess I don’t?!

@Suggerhoney last chill day girl! You got this. All things point to baby boy being healthy and I’m sure they will keep a good eye on you with your history. Let’s hope you get your call early and things happen quickly so you haven’t got time to worry to much.

eek first baby of the group!

Hey all got back from the scan and she is an estimated 6lb10 and I'm only 35+1 that makes me happy. I no they cam be out but gives me hope she won't be too scraggly at 37/38 weeks Lol!! Xx will catch up with all later xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->