October/November Conkers 2021***

Does anyone else feel like they are being pain when you ring the dr/midwife about things? I dunno why I can’t shift feeling like that but I’ve had to ring my midwife and gp this afternoon about a pain I’ve got in my left side. It’s not crippling me but it’s sharp pain that hasn’t stopped for 2 days. I thought maybe just bit constipation pain but I was managing to go to the toilet and the pains still pop up. And odd ache in my neck/shoulder. So now I’ve got to ring EPU tomorrow to see what they want to do? Surely this shouldn’t be so difficult and It should only take 1 person to sort out what’s going.
It’s always epu for these things. It’s frustrating but that’s just how it goes. You don’t normally even need to phone a midwife or doctor, just self refer. If I was you I’d definitely push for a scan and hcg. Those are symptoms of ectopic and the shoulder pain can mean it’s ruptured.

I've had my results back and sadly I have a high risk result for DS.
I'm absolutely devastated and feeling so sacred right now.
My results came came back
1 in 7 thousand and something for Edwards and Patois.
And 1 in 33 for DS.

I have 4 options

1 leave it and hope

2 is a needle in tummy to take a part of the placenta.

3 is the one where they use a needle to take anamatic fluid.

These 2 can cause miscarriage.

4th option was to have a NPTL test at the privet place where they do a more detailed scan and more bloods that actually check the genetics and will give me a yes or no answer.
The results take up to 10 working days.

I'm booked in tomorrow at the privet place for the scan and bloods.

I just feel so scared right now.
My scan last week was perfect. The measurement at the back of babies neck was normol. It's just the bloods have come back high risk.

After everything I went through last year the 4 early miscarriages this just feels like another kick in the teeth.

The waiting for these results will be torture.

I'm just so devastated and so frightened.
I’m sorry. You definitely made the right option to get blood tests. 1 in 33 sounds high, but that is the equivalent to less than one kid on a class of kids. There is way more chance that your baby doesn’t have Down’s syndrome than it having Down’s syndrome. I know it doesn’t make it any easier though.
My friends son has Down’s syndrome and he’s fantastic!

So I’ve got more time to say what happened now.

I knew things weren’t good at the scan, normally they show me the sac and heartbeat right away if they see it and then they get the measurements. Instead, they saw the sac (as did df and I) and then asked what side my ectopic was on and then went silent again.
I also have another sac in my womb but it’s under developed so they think it might be pseudo sac.
This ectopic is in my previously undamaged tube, so that’s me had one at each side. What are the chances of that?!
It’s measuring 7mm with no fetal pole but with a yolk sac.
I was then sent to another hospital and told not to eat and drink. They put me in a four bed room with two other couples which I thought was odd. Other hospital wasn’t too far so we went right there. They saw me straight away and took my hcg. They then let me leave the ward but not go too far away incase I had to get back fast.
Waited about 2 hours and then headed back. They told me my blood results really quickly. It was 4000 which is just over double what it was 6 days ago.
I have a choice. I can either:
-go for surgery which means we don’t need to wait to ttc
-get methotrexate which means we need to use contraception for 3 months
-watch and wait with regular blood tests, but if my hcg goes above 5000 they would need to do surgery, no other options.

I think I’m going to take the methotrexate. What would you all do?

I’m sorry. You definitely made the right option to get blood tests. 1 in 33 sounds high, but that is the equivalent to less than one kid on a class of kids. There is way more chance that your baby doesn’t have Down’s syndrome than it having Down’s syndrome. I know it doesn’t make it any easier though.
My friends son has Down’s syndrome and he’s fantastic!

Thanks hon.
I'm so sorry that ure going through another ectopic i just read it and my whole Heart went out to you.
Sending u big hugs hon why does life have to be so cruel :cry:

Thanks ladies I'm just so scared. I wish results didn't take so long but it seemed the best option out of the 4.
It's just not the news I wanted. I was dreading this call

Hello All

hope you don’t mind me joining the group, I used to be on this forum a lot when I was pregnant with my DD in 2015.
I just found out I’m pregnant with my 2nd and due November 29th if my dates are right so I am very early so worrying about everything and anything.
Had a lot of cramps since my BFP Saturday and a lot of wet feeling down below that I keep thinking I’m bleeding and my boobs are getting less sore each day so that’s worrying.

I’m so excited to be pregnant as been trying for 2 and half years with no luck as I have PCOS but everyday is worrying and fingers crossed it’s a sticky bean

Congratulations for everyone who is pregnant hope you all have a happy and healthy 9 months

Sorry for anyone who have not received the news they were hoping for, hope your all ok

Does anyone else feel like they are being pain when you ring the dr/midwife about things? I dunno why I can’t shift feeling like that but I’ve had to ring my midwife and gp this afternoon about a pain I’ve got in my left side. It’s not crippling me but it’s sharp pain that hasn’t stopped for 2 days. I thought maybe just bit constipation pain but I was managing to go to the toilet and the pains still pop up. And odd ache in my neck/shoulder. So now I’ve got to ring EPU tomorrow to see what they want to do? Surely this shouldn’t be so difficult and It should only take 1 person to sort out what’s going.
My epu doesn't take self rererals the dr has to sort it.

I had simular pains with my mmc last summer and it turns out the pain was caused by a heamatoma which are really common and was nothing to do with my mmc.

I definitely think you need a scan to rule out ectopic and reassure you.

So I’ve got more time to say what happened now.

I knew things weren’t good at the scan, normally they show me the sac and heartbeat right away if they see it and then they get the measurements. Instead, they saw the sac (as did df and I) and then asked what side my ectopic was on and then went silent again.
I also have another sac in my womb but it’s under developed so they think it might be pseudo sac.
This ectopic is in my previously undamaged tube, so that’s me had one at each side. What are the chances of that?!
It’s measuring 7mm with no fetal pole but with a yolk sac.
I was then sent to another hospital and told not to eat and drink. They put me in a four bed room with two other couples which I thought was odd. Other hospital wasn’t too far so we went right there. They saw me straight away and took my hcg. They then let me leave the ward but not go too far away incase I had to get back fast.
Waited about 2 hours and then headed back. They told me my blood results really quickly. It was 4000 which is just over double what it was 6 days ago.
I have a choice. I can either:
-go for surgery which means we don’t need to wait to ttc
-get methotrexate which means we need to use contraception for 3 months
-watch and wait with regular blood tests, but if my hcg goes above 5000 they would need to do surgery, no other options.

I think I’m going to take the methotrexate. What would you all do?

Does the surgery involve removing/damaging the tube? If so then I think the methotrexate is probably the way to go. It will give you the best chance of concieving again.

I'm so sorry you are going through this again.

Does the surgery involve removing/damaging the tube? If so then I think the methotrexate is probably the way to go. It will give you the best chance of concieving again.

I'm so sorry you are going through this again.
Yes, it would only leave my right tube. My right tube is damaged because that’s where my last ectopic was.
Basically, I have the choice to remove my tube, leaving only one damaged tube, or to keep my tube, leaving two damaged tubes.

Only 63% of people with one ectopic pregnancy go on to have a healthy pregnancy. I’ve had two, AND three miscarriages. This is so scary. I’m only 32.

They also told me I wouldn’t be eligible for NHS IVF because I already have dd.

@Suggerhoney we are all here with u, I no how much worry u had over these results, I really believe baby will be perfectly healthy, always here for u ❤ xx

Yes, it would only leave my right tube. My right tube is damaged because that’s where my last ectopic was.
Basically, I have the choice to remove my tube, leaving only one damaged tube, or to keep my tube, leaving two damaged tubes.

Only 63% of people with one ectopic pregnancy go on to have a healthy pregnancy. I’ve had two, AND three miscarriages. This is so scary. I’m only 32.

Sounds like the methotrexate is the best option then hun as horrible as it is. At least 2 damaged tubes gives you the best chance in the future.

I really don't understand why in this day and age they haven't worked out how to replace tubes.

Sounds like the methotrexate is the best option then hun as horrible as it is. At least 2 damaged tubes gives you the best chance in the future.

I really don't understand why in this day and age they haven't worked out how to replace tubes.
I know. Or even why the “you already have one kid” means you are less entitled to IVF. I have to put myself at greater risk of rupture in order to save my fertility.

Anyway, I’ll bow out of this thread now, it’s the last thing all you ladies need to hear. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, hope it is uneventful for all!

I think the methotrexate sounds like the safest idea. But you need to choose whats best for your family. Would it be difficult to wait 6 months?

Thanks ladies. It is playing on my mind of it possibly being ectopic. I hope I can convince them to do scan I need to know for certain what this pain is.

Thanks ladies. It is playing on my mind of it possibly being ectopic. I hope I can convince them to do scan I need to know for certain what this pain is.
They won’t straight up scan you unfortunately. They will first do your hcg and will only scan you if it is over 1000. If it is under 1000, obviously that isn’t great for your gestation. Call EPAs first thing in the morning. They will probably tell you to take pain relief and have a warm bath and phone back if that doesn’t help. If you are still having pain (even intermittent) push for a scan if your hcg is over 1000.
I’m a day behind you and my pain wasn’t even intense, one period of intense pain but it resolved and now it’s just period pain. My scan was effectively routine and even then they went straight to transvaginal, didn’t even attempt abdominal. Even if they do see something in the womb they will probably still take a good look at the tubes which can be uncomfortable as they press quite hard - today was actually far less uncomfortable than with my last ectopic when I felt like she was trying to poke the scanner as far as possible. Today was barely uncomfortable.

So sorry @loeylo. We are here to support you.

Welcome to the new ladies.

I’m a bit MIA because we have a funeral in our family will be back and definitely update the threat tomorrow.

Hey ladies, I’ve been MIA because of my HG but reading along.

today I had a bright 2 hrs after drinking some Gatorade where I wasn’t obliterated with nausea, and i was really grateful for that. I actually got out of bed.

Still counting down the days till the sickness lessens and I’m guessing it will peak at 9 weeks as I think that’s when hormones are the highest.

I might not write a proper post till I feel better sorry :/ hope you’re all doing well xx

Sorry ladies I didn’t reply yesterday had a bloody awful migraine last night and with the nausea/throwing up it was rank. Anyway.....

@Penguin20 massive congratulations on your bfp and welcome. I’ve had cramping on and off in those first few weeks and even have cramps now on occasion. Also having lots of CM! I’ve got all crossed this is a sticky bean!!

@Reiko_ctu I’m so sorry your still feeling icky! It’s so rubbish. I definitely have found mine has started peaking around 9 weeks as now my evenings have been so much worse. Hopefully in the next month or so we will all get a bit of relief!

@Suggerhoney how are you feeling today lovely? What time did you say you had your scan? I take it they will let you know what they find while they scan you? I’m hoping your bloods come back quickly and all is ok.

@loeylo hmmmm I’m thinking maybe the metho? I think the leave it to wait and see I too dodgy for my liking. The risk to your tubes with surgery isn’t a great option either. I know waiting for 3 months are the methotrexate isn’t great but at least both your tubes will still be there. I’m sorry there isn’t an option for ivf as you already have a child. How are you feeling today? If you decided to go with the methotrexate how quickly can you have that done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->