October/November Conkers 2021***

Wow @Catmumof4 so just one week to go?! How exciting!

I ended up in triage last night with reduced movements. The ctg monitor was happy enough with me but when the midwife looked at it she did say there wasn’t a massive reaction to movements, so when he kicked there wasn’t much of an acceleration in his heart rate. When I was watching the monitor I really didn’t think it was changing at all with his movements so now that is playing on my mind and I wish they’d of invited me back to do it again to double check :( however they did refer me for a scan tomorrow, because even though he did some kicks on the monitor, it was not his usual movements at all. So glad I will get some reassurance tomorrow and I will mention the heart rate reactiveness when I’m there. I’m also really glad they are checking fluid levels cos so many times I have wondered if I could be leaking fluid but pretty certain it’s pee, but will be good to confirm that!

@Suggerhoney thanks for sharing your birth story with us lovely! And what a birth story it is. Sorry the epidural didn’t fully work for you. And it must be super scary bleeding after specially if you’ve experienced it before. Is the drip you had the one they want me to have? That also doesn’t sound very pleasant. How’s baby boys weight?

@daniyaaq what a mega friend you have!!!

@Reiko_ctu 39 days! Fingers crossed that sweep gets it going!!!!

@Catmumof4 keep us updated!!!!!!

@Penguin20 sorry you fell out of bed!!! At least you landed on your hands and knees….. how annoying though seeing as you didn’t need a wee! Hehehe!

@soloso sorry about his reduced movements and glad you have a scan tomorrow.

I was going to ask about reduced movements…. I usually have a very active and strong boy in my tummy. Like if I ever stop and think have I felt him his usually kicking and pushing and it’s actually quite painful. Today he seems quiet?! I have felt him move but not as much and mainly not as strong? I have the midwife in a bit so I guess I can see what she has to say?! But I’m hoping from now until then he perks up. Gonna try drinking some fizzy and see if that makes him dance.

@soloso sorry about his reduced movements and glad you have a scan tomorrow.

I was going to ask about reduced movements…. I usually have a very active and strong boy in my tummy. Like if I ever stop and think have I felt him his usually kicking and pushing and it’s actually quite painful. Today he seems quiet?! I have felt him move but not as much and mainly not as strong? I have the midwife in a bit so I guess I can see what she has to say?! But I’m hoping from now until then he perks up. Gonna try drinking some fizzy and see if that makes him dance.
I was questioning myself for hours. After a couple of hours I decided to make tea and go to bed and thought I’m probably imagining it, but at bedtime he alwaysss goes wild, I can see my tummy moving and he proper wriggles around, but instead over quite a few hours I just got the odd little kick. Because that is not his usual at all they had me go in. It’s not about feeling Nothing at all, it’s if there’s a change in what’s normal for your baby. So if your worried, get checked!

I am always apprehensive to call but with my daughter, after days of questioning myself I went in and she was delivered a few hours later cos her heart rate was not stable and they weren’t happy with it. So if something is not right for you just give them a call they should always see you for reduced movements xxx

Thanks ladies I’m very grateful for her. I feel much better knowing it’s getting done somehow.

@Suggerhoney what a story, bet you glad it’s all over. I saw a lady on Instagram who’s 62 and pregnant, I couldn’t imagine doing that.

@Mummy2Corban hopefully midwife checks you. Reduced movements are such a worry.
I had opposite problems today, baby was overly active it was making me nauseous.

So he's just been weighed again and is now 6lb 5oz so he's lost another oz. .
There still letting me go home and we have to stick with the every 3 hour feeding.
If he loses anymore weight the we both will be re admitted to hospital.

@Suggerhoney Thank you for sharing your birth story. Are you worried about little man's weight?

@Penguin20 omg I hope the jolt wasn't too bad for you or bump!!

@Mummy2Corban If ever worried about movements go in! It's ALWAYS best to be safe then sorry!!

As for me no phone call yet! Was so hoping it would be this morning which is stupid midwives don't do anything on a schedule :haha: would they ring on a weekend do you think? Just thinking if I don't get a call today and they don't do weekends they are pushing it for time? Xx

@soloso Sorry about the reduce movements, hope all is well at the scan

@Mummy2Corban Hope all ok and hope midwife visit can reassure you, hate having reduce movements

@Suggerhoney glad you get to go home and hope little mans gains weight

@soloso I’m going to go to the midwife and see what she has to say. He is definitely quiet today… like I say he has moved but not a frequent and not bery strong movements. Your right though! I hate calling things like this through I always feel like a pain in the arse but you really shouldn’t. I’ll update after the midwife

@Suggerhoney sorry to hear he has lost another oz but at least they are letting you home. Hopefully with a feeding schedule he will start popping the weight back on.

@Catmumof4 im unsure about weekends?! You would have thought that with wanting to get you in before 37 weeks and having to self isolate etc they would be on the case of getting it sorted?!

@Suggerhoney sorry to hear he has lost another oz but at least they are letting you home. Hopefully with a feeding schedule he will start popping the weight back on.

@Catmumof4 im unsure about weekends?! You would have thought that with wanting to get you in before 37 weeks and having to self isolate etc they would be on the case of getting it sorted?!
I know they have to coordinate a whole team of people so might be stuck doing that? But I just want to know now lol x

@Catmumof4 i would definitely ring them myself, sometimes these things just become another piece of paper on a pile waiting for someone to attend to. Just call and say given you have all these things to do prior you just need to know asap

@Suggerhoney glad you get to go home. Is he taking the right amount of oz he should be?

@daniyaaq glad you have a good friend to help you out.

@soloso hope the scan goes well and you can relax a bit then.

AFM just seen the midwife all good. Little dude is still breech as I thought.
Due phone call with consultant on Monday and she said they may give me a date then. Not gonna get my hopes up though as I would have thought it would be nearer the date.

Ahh all these dates you ladies are getting… we’ll be starting the baby train on this thread soon! I guess there are still a few September mamas in the other thread to go before we get going here :)

@Suggerhoney i know a friend who had to do the pessary twice and both times it was agony for her and she ended with a section. Third she just opted for a elective section. I think pessary inductions are a lot worse to experience than just pitocin. You are a strong mama, I’m sorry that birth story wasn’t as easy as it should’ve been!

@Mummy2Corban im sure your little guy is just having a rest. Meadow is the same, she honestly barely stops moving so when she actually does I have to stop and really focus cause I’m so used to her moving. She’s so sensitive though, 99% of the time if I put my hand on my belly she will wake and wiggle. Doesn’t bode well for her sleeping patterns when she’s out! She’s the 4th, doesn’t that mean she needs to be a good sleeper for me lol!?!

Ahh all these dates you ladies are getting… we’ll be starting the baby train on this thread soon! I guess there are still a few September mamas in the other thread to go before we get going here :)

@Suggerhoney i know a friend who had to do the pessary twice and both times it was agony for her and she ended with a section. Third she just opted for a elective section. I think pessary inductions are a lot worse to experience than just pitocin. You are a strong mama, I’m sorry that birth story wasn’t as easy as it should’ve been!

@Mummy2Corban im sure your little guy is just having a rest. Meadow is the same, she honestly barely stops moving so when she actually does I have to stop and really focus cause I’m so used to her moving. She’s so sensitive though, 99% of the time if I put my hand on my belly she will wake and wiggle. Doesn’t bode well for her sleeping patterns when she’s out! She’s the 4th, doesn’t that mean she needs to be a good sleeper for me lol!?!

I ve had 3 rubbish sleepers so think I'm due a chilled out 4th that sleeps well. Lol

@Catmumof4 i would definitely ring them myself, sometimes these things just become another piece of paper on a pile waiting for someone to attend to. Just call and say given you have all these things to do prior you just need to know asap
SO I rang them and not happy there's been no one there all day. All day hanging by the phone for nothing!! The midwife on day assessment unit was so rude and harsh aswell. So been sat in tears cos I now have the whole weekend to worry about it :cry:

@Suggerhoney glad you get to go home. Is he taking the right amount of oz he should be?

@daniyaaq glad you have a good friend to help you out.

@soloso hope the scan goes well and you can relax a bit then.

AFM just seen the midwife all good. Little dude is still breech as I thought.
Due phone call with consultant on Monday and she said they may give me a date then. Not gonna get my hopes up though as I would have thought it would be nearer the date.
They may be giving dates for situations like breech early because of how crazy busy they are glad baby is doing well x

Sorry to say my 4th is my worst sleeper still at nearly 6 yrs old lol

SO I rang them and not happy there's been no one there all day. All day hanging by the phone for nothing!! The midwife on day assessment unit was so rude and harsh aswell. So been sat in tears cos I now have the whole weekend to worry about it :cry:

Sorry you are being messed around.

I ve just booked santa for all my boys. So excited. We didn't do anything last year because of covid other than wave at the santa that drives around the village so ds3 is gonna love it. We are going on a river cruise with santa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->