October/November Conkers 2021***

@daniyaaq most of my friends have been done having babies for a while so I don’t have anyone close to live through at the moment. Dam it!!!!!

So many things that unsettle them isn’t there! I feel like you make some progress with routine/sleep and then something happens like a growth spurt or injections. Hopefully it won’t last long and his back to his normal feeding schedule.

All is ok here thank you. Hudson has started to try and roll Over. DD2 is poorly so I’m not sure she will go to school tomorrow. Counting down the days till the next half term!

So many things that unsettle them isn’t there! I feel like you make some progress with routine/sleep and then something happens like a growth spurt or injections. Hopefully it won’t last long and his back to his normal feeding schedule.

All is ok here thank you. Hudson has started to try and roll Over. DD2 is poorly so I’m not sure she will go to school tomorrow. Counting down the days till the next half term!

hope your DD gets better, life of a mom always looking forward for the next school start/holiday. We still on holiday here and I desperately can’t wait for the kids to be back at school

we doing alright here, have all recovered from Covid now and things are relatively ok.

@daniyaaq ive kept her off school today but she seems much better than yesterday so I think she will go back tomorrow. I’m looking forward to this half term as I felt that the summer term and the October half term we didn’t do much as I was pregnant and uncomfortable or had a newborn so I’m looking forward to actually being able to do something with the kiddies. Plus no school runs is great!

glad you’ve all recovered from covid. How’s your little fella doing?

DS is ok ( haha wanted to try out calling him a DS, I’m still getting used to it) he still has a lingering cough but otherwise doing alright.

we are about to go on our first holiday soon hoping he’ll continue being his chill self while in a new place

@daniyaaq we went abroad when Huxley DS3 was 3 months old and it was fairly easy. He slept a lot of the time so meant I could still get in the pool and help with the others. Hopefully he will be chill and you all have a lovely time. Where are you going? I think we will book a holiday this year but just stay in England.

Hi @Mummy2Corban
It wud be 3 under 4 not 3 under 3.
Tommy will be 3 in September and we've not strated trying yet.
Definitely cudnt do 3 under 3 but 3 under 4 will hopefully be ok. We Definitely will not be trying any sooner Than May. LOL

So sorry I've been MIA ladies I have covid.
Not been too poorly with it. Had body aches and headaches and sickness and diareah.
And tested positive last Friday. Still testing positive today urgh.

My 11 year old son had it too but he's clear now. Unfortunately my 9 year dd also tested positive 2 days ago so had to spend her birthday yesterday in her room.
Feel so bad for her.

@angie90

So exciting ure gonna try again hon. I think u have it well planned.
I wanted to try next year but unfortunately because of my age we have to try ASAP.
So we will be trying from May onwards.
It did take 11 months to fall with Harley so I guess there's a good chance I cud still be ttc when u start trying.

I had 3 under 4 for a while and it was fine…. But I only had to do a playgroup run a few times a week which was an afternoon session so didn’t have the morning stress of getting everyone sorted for school. You’ll be fine…. Baby no.7 you’ll breeze it! Haha!!!

sorry to hear about coronavirus! Do you feel better now?

we have covid too. DS1 tested positive on Thursday so we tried as much to keep him in his room as he has very mild symptoms but I think I’m now positive (had a very faint positive) but I feel a bit icky so I think I have it. Because I’m feeding I’m just trying to sanitise as much as I can so Hudson doesn’t get it but he sleeps in my bed and hasn’t slept in his crib that there isn’t much I can do. DH is negative and we won’t test the others again until Monday as we aren’t going anywhere and they don’t have symptoms (they hate them so as it’s the weekend we will leave them be)

how’s everyone doing? X

Sorry to hear about all the covid cases. Hope you all feel better soon.

We have all had a cold that refuses to go. (Pcr negative)

Zac is doing really well and is very giggly now. 14 weeks old Tom. Time is flying by too fast.

20220116_184600.jpg

Last edited:
@topazicatzbet he is a little sweetheart! 14 weeks is crazy! As much as it’s lovely seeing them change and grow it hurts my heart that it goes so quick!

As for us I’ve just got a shitty cold but can start testing Friday. DS1 tested negative this morning so if negative tomorrow he is back at school. His symptoms were mild and very short lived. DD1 test positive yesterday with no symptoms and DD2 tested positive this morning again with no symptoms. Hudson has been sneezing and is a bit snuffly so unsure if he has it.

Oh no @Mummy2Corban so sorry covid has hit ure end too my love.
My ds only had backache and my dd didn't have any symptoms

For me just woke up on that Wednesday morning with a terrible terrible headache and neck ache.
I also felt really sick and had upper and lower backache and the chills so new I had a fever.
I tested negative on the Thursday but was still feeling rotten so new I had covid. Then on the Friday I tested and it was lit up like a Christmas tree.
Today is the First day I've tested negative so that's been 2 weeks now.

Oh hon its so difficult to know what to do and ure doing the best u can.
Praying little man stays covid free.
Get well soon hon. <3

@topazicatzbet
He is gorgeous hon and I love his rainbow baby grow.
It's so sad how fast the time goes isn't it.
Only seems like a week ago we strated this thread it's crazy.

Harley will be 5 months old on 5th Feb I can't believe it.
We started ttc him when Tommy was 5 months old.
Holding out a bit longer this time though. I want to wait untill Harley is 8 months b4 we start trying again.
Can't believe Jan is almost over. :saywhat:

@Suggerhoney oh sounds like you’ve been poorly. Can’t believe it took that long to be negative! I feel like I have a head cold and that’s about it. So I feel yuk but not that bad in the grand scheme of things.

How is Harley nearly 5 months! When will you start to wean him? It’s too crazy!

Hudson is meant to have his last next Wednesday but I don’t know if I should cancel them and move them a week or so later as we have covid in the house? What would you ladies do?

Hello ladies

sorry I been offline recently but been tough last couple weeks as Jax been suffering really bad with reflux, he been a sicky baby since he been born but when he was 4/5 weeks it started getting worse, got advised to change his milk so many times but only one that help was cow and gate reflux but gave him diarrhoea so doctor wanted him off it. Went doctors 4 times tried different things like gaviscon but nothing worked and they started to suspect milk allergy but the prescription milk was just as bad so ended getting referred to hospital earlier this week. They were nice but pretty much said there nothing wrong and I should accept Jax to be a sicky baby and just wean him from 4 months. Me and DH decided to go back to cow and gate reflux which settles his sickness other than odd moments and the diarrhoea has come back but advised to see if it eventually settles.
Jax has become demanding with wanting feeds dead on 3 hours where as before it started going 4-5 hours before his reflux got bad. Hopefully things start to settle now we’re sticking to this milk.
Sorry for ranting but it just been a lot

Sorry to you ladies who got covid, me and DH had it beginning of January but luckily didn’t get it bad just felt tired and like I had a cold.. hope you ladies feel better soon

@Mummy2Corban I would move them just so covid out the way, but do what’s easiest and best for you :)

@Mummy2Corban
I know hon I just can't believe he is 5 months old it's absolutely craaaaaazy and also so sad that it all just goes by so quickly.
Can't believe it's nearly February just like how:shock:
Regarding the appointment I think I wud cancel and book it in another day hon.
I'm gonna start weaning around 6 months hon. Gonna start the potty training with Tommy when the weather gets warmer too. Hmmmm should be fun lol.
Also going to move Harley to his cot because he's still in a moses basket but he's getting too long now so need to get him in his cot. Hope he will be ok.

Seems like everyone I'd getting Covid at the moment:(

@Penguin20

Oh no hon I'm so sorry ure going through that.
Harley has has terrible reflux since he was 4 weeks old. I think he had colic with it as well.
We tried him on a few formulas but he wud just scream and get very upset during feeds. That's when it clicked and I thought reflux.
Spoke to a doctor about it and she said definitely reflux.
We put him on Cow&Gate anti reflux and it did give him diareah the first week or so but soon settled.
We use Mam bottles with a medium flow teat because its thick.
And he's been fine since. .

@Suggerhoney Thanks so much for the reassurance with cow and gate, reflux is just horrible and Jax had it so bad but this cow and gate definitely has helped and the diarrhoea is still about but has calmed down, wish we stuck to it when we first put him on it but was advised to take him off it so we did,
Can’t believe it nearly February, not long till you TTC again.. exciting!!!!
Good luck with potty training in the summer, my DD potty trained really well but I think that’s because we waited till she was ready instead of listening to HV and people telling me when to do it.
Aww can’t believe how quick Harley is growing and now time for the cot, hope he settles ok in it and it’s a smooth transition

Hi all just got back from our holiday. We went to Tropical North Queensland, Great Barrier Reef. It was amazing and Bub was just his normal chill self, he even started sleeping longer stretches there, I’m guessing from all the stimulation and going around. Older kids loved swimming in all the gorges in Daintree as well as snorkeling and seeing nemo.

sorry about all the Covid, when I got it I tried my best to isolate from kids but eventually they tested positive too.

kids are finally back to school and next week I’m dipping my toes back at work, doing a very-flexible-no pressure-part time return to see how I go. I need some stimulation. MIL will be coming around to help me with bub two days a week so will start with that.

I’ll be able to go in and out of the office or work from home so we will keep breastfeeding although I’m looking forward to cutting down on it. Haven’t really been enjoying it but it wasn’t too too bad so don’t mind keeping it going for him. So far plan is I’ll give him a feed at 8, lunch time then through the night, works out he’ll have atleast 2/3 bottles of formula in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->