October/November Conkers 2021***

I get gestational diabetes around 20 weeks so I have like 6 weeks after feeling better from nausea to enjoy food and then I have to have major self control and have a lowish carb diet.

honestly, I would really like to eat some candy XD. I’m eating peanut butter granola bars, club soda with orange juice, and a small portion of dinner and keeping that down most days. If I try to eat anything sugary I throw up right away. Cookies, ice cream, etc.

Oh @Reiko_ctu this thing we do to our selves. In my last pregnancies I’ve gone into preterm labour at about 30 weeks and lived with painful BH till the end. I’m praying this time I don’t do through that.

Oh @Reiko_ctu this thing we do to our selves. In my last pregnancies I’ve gone into preterm labour at about 30 weeks and lived with painful BH till the end. I’m praying this time I don’t do through that.
Oh wow that’s crazy! I really hope that doesn’t happen again. Never had preterm labour!

Second trimester today. Can't believe its come round that quick.

Sorry you ladies are still feeling awful. It must be so tough. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel even though its difficult to see right now.

When we go for our gender scan, we are gonna ask them to write it in an envelope for us, and when we get home we are gonna give the envelope to my in laws and they are gonna pull a cannon so me, my hubby, my kids and dad will all find out at the same time x

Second trimester today. Can't believe its come round that quick.

Sorry you ladies are still feeling awful. It must be so tough. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel even though its difficult to see right now.

happy 2nd Tri. :headspin:

Hi ladies sorry for the silence, I had a private scan on thr 17th. I felt violated they were so rough! Well they moved my dates back a week and then found a hemorrhage.

So Tuesday evening I started bleeding lightly and only when wiped.
EpU won't scan me for until the 30th April because they are saying there is some evidence that to many internal scans can cause miscarriage.
Well the bleeding has got heavier, so I'm preparing my self for the worst now.
All symptoms have gone to. They won't do HCG bloods, so I have got some more pregnancy tests to see if they get lighter over the next week.

Sorry for the crappy post.

Good luck in your pregnancies x

Hi ladies sorry for the silence, I had a private scan on thr 17th. I felt violated they were so rough! Well they moved my dates back a week and then found a hemorrhage.

So Tuesday evening I started bleeding lightly and only when wiped.
EpU won't scan me for until the 30th April because they are saying there is some evidence that to many internal scans can cause miscarriage.
Well the bleeding has got heavier, so I'm preparing my self for the worst now.
All symptoms have gone to. They won't do HCG bloods, so I have got some more pregnancy tests to see if they get lighter over the next week.

Sorry for the crappy post.

Good luck in your pregnancies x

Oh @hayleight87 that’s awful even with heavy bleeding they won’t do anything?

14 weeks tom and was hoping it would get easier to find the hb with the doppler but no, can't find it this morning. I ve been feeling regular poops for a while now but not much yesterday. I'm thinking baby has moved up a bit and is now behind my tyre of fat so it's making it difficult to find and feel.

Still having the occasional wave of sickness, I usually feel fine by now

When we go for our gender scan, we are gonna ask them to write it in an envelope for us, and when we get home we are gonna give the envelope to my in laws and they are gonna pull a cannon so me, my hubby, my kids and dad will all find out at the same time x

i like that. I have zero discipline so I’m going to see if they can email or text my friend and then delete it from my device. I definitely like my plan of only revealing to DP and see how he goes keeping a secret from me.

Ladies, I know this is early but also a controversial topic but hoping someone can give a guidance.

I have zero positive experience breastfeeding my 2 babies, it was painful awful and just plain hurt, I did 8 months and 6 month of it and just couldn’t take anymore.

I’m not seriously considering formula feeding from day 1. If anyone else has, what do I need to get, especially for making the feeding easier? How do you manage nighttime feeds etc.

Ladies, I know this is early but also a controversial topic but hoping someone can give a guidance.

I have zero positive experience breastfeeding my 2 babies, it was painful awful and just plain hurt, I did 8 months and 6 month of it and just couldn’t take anymore.

I’m not seriously considering formula feeding from day 1. If anyone else has, what do I need to get, especially for making the feeding easier? How do you manage nighttime feeds etc.

It's been a long time since I bottle fed. Bfing didn't work out with ds 1. But the other two I managed 2 years and 2 years 4 months.

So remembering back 11 years I think I used to take the kettle upstairs so I didn't have to come down but now I think I'd be tempted to get one of those machines that make it for you and it comes out at the right temp.

@Reiko_ctu the dress is lovely! And winner on the pockets!!!! Ah what a bum that you only get 6 weeks of eating normally.... but does the GD diet help control weight? My problem is i feel so rank during pregnancy and same as you anything sugary doesn’t agree that once baby pops out I end up drinking tea and eating biscuits and putting on weight! God dam!

@sadeyedlady hello second tri! Yes!!!!!

@playgirl666 thats going to be a lovely way to find out together! Make sure you get pictures for us to see!!

@daniyaaq ive been very fortunate that all my babies have fed fine. I’ve had pain issues at the beginning but once settled it’s been good so I have no advice on formula feeding I’m afraid! Hopefully one of the other ladies can help. I think if breastfeeding wasn’t as enjoyable and as easy as you wanted then I think formula is a good idea. As they say fed is best!

@hayleight87 wow! I’m so sorry they were so rough with you. And I’m sorry that you have to wait to see what’s going on. So frustrating. We are all here for you so don’t be afraid to message.

I’ve heard wonderful things about the machines that sort the milk for you. A few of my friends have used them

I’ve heard wonderful things about the machines that sort the milk for you. A few of my friends have used them

Yeah I’m hearing about these machines, when I had DD1 they didn’t have them and was lucky DD2 was actually sleeping through the night by 6 months, we rarely did a night feed with her.

i think I read somewhere you can even premake and I’m wondering how that even works, how does it keep? So many questions.

@daniyaaq isnt it crazy how different things are in 10 years. No sleep pod things, next to me cribs, the formula machines etc! I’ve heard friends permalink bottles and I think they can only be kept a certain amount of time?! I’m not sure?

@daniyaaq hope you dont mind me popping over here :) I hd trouble nursing both my babies. It was an awful painful mess with my dd (inverted nips, oversupply, difficulty latchin) but I was so determined I stuck it out for a year. After her I had read from a lady on the boards a tongue tie can cause issues. When I had my so , same issues so I had him checked around 1 month old, he had one, they quick snipped it at his appt and nursing was a breeze after that. With my dd the drs nurses and lactation consultants(!!!) blamed me for the difficulty. The whole time she had a tongue tie - NOBODY checked for it. I could have had such a closer bond with her but it was just pain and stress instead. Sooooo anyway not sure if maybe thats worth checking with new babe if theres still issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->