October/November Conkers 2021***

@daniyaaq hope you dont mind me popping over here :) I hd trouble nursing both my babies. It was an awful painful mess with my dd (inverted nips, oversupply, difficulty latchin) but I was so determined I stuck it out for a year. After her I had read from a lady on the boards a tongue tie can cause issues. When I had my so , same issues so I had him checked around 1 month old, he had one, they quick snipped it at his appt and nursing was a breeze after that. With my dd the drs nurses and lactation consultants(!!!) blamed me for the difficulty. The whole time she had a tongue tie - NOBODY checked for it. I could have had such a closer bond with her but it was just pain and stress instead. Sooooo anyway not sure if maybe thats worth checking with new babe if theres still issues.

hey no I don’t mind. The thing with me, both girls latched fine and all but I had pain in my breast, with every suck there was a shooting pain from top of my breast down to my nipple. It was uncomfortable and hurt like crazy. I got checked and nobody could find reasons for it. I was checked for mastitis wasn’t it and even took antibiotics just incase but never helped.

@sadeyedlady
Yay for 2nd trimester

@hayleight87
Oh hon I can't believe they won't scan u or even do HCG levels. Just sending u away to wait seems awfully cruel.
Hoping this bleeding is just down to the SCH and nothing serious.

We are all here for you.

Hcg is dropping last Monday I got a 3+ clear blue test. And tonight it's 2 - 3 so least I know what I'm expecting.

Good luck ladies and hopefully I'll be back in a few months time to bnb xx

Hcg is dropping last Monday I got a 3+ clear blue test. And tonight it's 2 - 3 so least I know what I'm expecting.

Good luck ladies and hopefully I'll be back in a few months time to bnb xx

I am so sorry hon.
Gutted for you. Sending hugs

I wasn’t able to breast feed my son (we tried really hard and I was so sad but for my mental health it was the best thing I did) so plan to prepare if the same for this baby. I recommend getting the tippy tippee prep machine! Best thing ever! I always said if there was a fire I would save the baby and then the prep machine hahaha!! I know health visitors in the UK don’t really like them but we looked after ours snd cleaned regularly and never had an issue! My experience with my first born has put me off even trying to breast feed this baby but I know that can be controversial but I don’t want to ever feel the way I did after with my first xx

As long as baby is fed it doesn't matter how.

I didn't have a good experience with my first. I managed 2 weeks bfing then another 2 weeks expressing before switching to formula.

With my second I had the same issues (fast let down and over production of milk) but I had managed to find info on the Internet this time to help and managed to sort the problem for him and number 3. So bfing can be different with each baby if you fancy trying but don't beat your self up about it if not.

And as for the health benefits my first is the healthiest out of all of the kids when it come to bugs etc.

Wow you ladies filled up the thread overnight XD. Well overnight here in Canada lol.

so sorry for the loss and bleeding @hayleight87 ive been there and it’s heartbreaking.

@daniyaaq sounds like maybe you have raynauds in your breasts, I know that can cause pain while BF. BF was really hard for me and with my last I had low supply, but I wasn’t really taking care of myself so I’m hoping it will be different for my 4th time. I couldn’t get my babies to take a bottle ever so I couldn’t use formula. You might want to try BF just to see if the pain is still there, and if it is just go to formula. I don’t know what these prep machines are though!! I imagine midnight feedings are the hardest because you have to get up and prep... but then can you also take turns with your partner?

@Mummy2Corban i usually lose all the weight I’ve gained in the first week PP, but have to wait for hips and things to shift back before I can wear any of the normal clothes again! So yes the diet keeps the weight off for sure. However last time I had my May baby I was gaining weight like crazy and not eating a ton... turned out to be water weight and the postpartum night sweats were real!!

do you guys count 13 or 14 weeks as 2nd tri? I think here in Canada it’s not until 14 weeks.

I unfortunately won't be able to breastfeed because of the medication I'm on.
I'm on immune suppressants because of the liver transplant.
Makes me feel sad but I guess it doesn't really matter how a baby is fed. U can still have that closeness with bottle feeding. It I cud breastfeed I wud tho.

Wow you ladies filled up the thread overnight XD. Well overnight here in Canada lol.

so sorry for the loss and bleeding @hayleight87 ive been there and it’s heartbreaking.

@daniyaaq sounds like maybe you have raynauds in your breasts, I know that can cause pain while BF. BF was really hard for me and with my last I had low supply, but I wasn’t really taking care of myself so I’m hoping it will be different for my 4th time. I couldn’t get my babies to take a bottle ever so I couldn’t use formula. You might want to try BF just to see if the pain is still there, and if it is just go to formula. I don’t know what these prep machines are though!! I imagine midnight feedings are the hardest because you have to get up and prep... but then can you also take turns with your partner?

@Mummy2Corban i usually lose all the weight I’ve gained in the first week PP, but have to wait for hips and things to shift back before I can wear any of the normal clothes again! So yes the diet keeps the weight off for sure. However last time I had my May baby I was gaining weight like crazy and not eating a ton... turned out to be water weight and the postpartum night sweats were real!!

do you guys count 13 or 14 weeks as 2nd tri? I think here in Canada it’s not until 14 weeks.

Here In the UK second trimester is from 13 weeks and 3rd Is from 27 weeks.

Here in Australia second Tri is beginning of your 13th week.

@Suggerhoney what are you doing in terms of preparation for feeding, what you getting etc. my first child really struggled to take the bottle it was so frustrating.

thanks ladies for sharing your experience. I do feel like I will give it a try but I’m trying to prepare myself so I’m not beating myself up or pushing myself too much when it doesn’t work out. @Reiko_ctu haven’t heard of raynauds before , I’ll look it up.

@Reiko_ctu why am I only figuring out you as in Canada. I guess it makes sense why when I wake up you are usually on here, which is usually after midnight for UK ladies.

@Reiko_ctu why am I only figuring out you as in Canada. I guess it makes sense why when I wake up you are usually on here, which is usually after midnight for UK ladies.
Yes In the evening no one is on here cause you’re all across the pond! Lol!

I feel the same when I’m on here everyone is either sleeping or just waking up and obviously getting on with their day. Constantly just playing catch up. Haha

Here in Australia second Tri is beginning of your 13th week.

@Suggerhoney what are you doing in terms of preparation for feeding, what you getting etc. my first child really struggled to take the bottle it was so frustrating.

thanks ladies for sharing your experience. I do feel like I will give it a try but I’m trying to prepare myself so I’m not beating myself up or pushing myself too much when it doesn’t work out. @Reiko_ctu haven’t heard of raynauds before , I’ll look it up.
How long have you lived in Australia?

It’s bed time for me, I’m sure I’m going to wake up to a full page. Have a good Sunday ladies, anyone else have something happening this week.

feeling super nervous about my scan tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->