• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

October/November Conkers 2021***

Maannnn I don't what it is at the moment but since I hit 16 weeks the time is DRAAAAAGING so badly.

I've not seen the midwife since 8 weeks which feels like ages ago.

I did see my consultant at 14 weeks but since then it's all been a bit well boring.

The past 3 weeks feels like 3 months.

I do have another consultant appointment on Wednesday and then the Anomaly scan next Wed, so that's good that things are coming up.

It's just been a but dull and Boring.

I know my appointments will ramp up from 24 weeks so that will be good.

It's just since funding out and now I feel like I've had hardly no appointments.

Thank you covid:finger:
Such a bizarre standard of care. Like why were all these appointments necessary before, and then with Covid it’s ok to just leave us be for half our pregnancies. So bizarre. I wonder how many women are having Blood pressure problems
Without even being monitored...

@Reiko_ctu such a good milestone when you can cook. I did that last weekend felt good. I’m thinking of returning to work in 2 weeks but I’m so worried about exhaustion. I don’t think I can manage full time hours. I been working from home and still haven’t had a full work week, maybe 3 days max.

@Reiko_ctu such a good milestone when you can cook. I did that last weekend felt good. I’m thinking of returning to work in 2 weeks but I’m so worried about exhaustion. I don’t think I can manage full time hours. I been working from home and still haven’t had a full work week, maybe 3 days max.
Thankfully I only work part time normally as I’m home with the kids most of the time. Just saturdays and thursdays in the evening. I am honestly shocked by the exhaustion I’m feeling. I thought once the nausea got better I’d just pop back to normal but the exhaustion is making me question how I’ll cope.

All you can do is try with work and if it’s too much go back to working from home I guess. What did you do in your other pregnancies?

I was a student with my first. With my second I was wiped out with sickness plus pain and bed rest at 23 weeks. Ended up leaving my job.

this is has been such a challenge for me. I earn significantly more than DP so if I were to take off work we would take a big hit.

I was a student with my first. With my second I was wiped out with sickness plus pain and bed rest at 23 weeks. Ended up leaving my job.

this is has been such a challenge for me. I earn significantly more than DP so if I were to take off work we would take a big hit.
That’s so tricky. I feel lucky to be just a supplemental earner in our home and we have been able to function fine on just DHs pay. He has been doing side projects to increase income too. He’s a carpenter.

it’s really difficult to bear the weight of the finances and a pregnancy :(

Thankfully I ve been able to work through the sickness. My worst week was at 7 weeks and luckily I had the week off so I pretty much just lay on the sofa.

I. Surprised how long the sickness has gone on for this time as its usually gone by 12 weeks for me but I'm still having episodes of feeling really sick at 15 weeks.

@Reiko_ctu thats awesome that you managed to cook! Even if it was pasta it’s great you could.

nausea and sickness suck ass! I’ve not been actually sick for weeks now so that’s great but evenings and mornings are still rubbish with nausea. I’m also tired out... my worst was no.3 though! Every time I sat down I would nod off!!!! I’m hoping in a few weeks this nausea will bog right off and I’ll bloom..... hahahahahahaha!!!!

Also today my nipples feel like they are burning! My nipples have felt very slightly sore for a while but today it’s like they are burning!

@Mummy2Corban we all just waiting and hoping sickness goes away. Hope the nipple pain eases.
I really want to enjoy this pregnancy and make it count.

@playgirl666 what do they do over the phone, I can’t imagine doing any of this over the phone. 4 days will be here before you know it.

@daniyaaq you know this! Let’s hope in the next few weeks we all feel much better, get a bump and have that pregnancy glow!!!

She asked me how I'm feeling etc, and going over my diabetic medication, she booked me in for my 25 week appointment which will be face to face and that's about it! Pretty pointless really x

It’s such a long stretch when things are normal from the 16 week to the next appointment but now the 16 week one is a phone call it’s even longer! Also visiting the midwife before I only I had to walk up the road to my surgery now I have to go to the hospital and DH has to take time off work to look after the kiddies as they can’t come! Oh well! It is what it is!

So I just called my midwives to say I’d never got my 16 week call so all they have available is anytime during the week from the 17th and I’ll be 20 weeks.

@Mummy2Corban that's rubbish given they have missed you.

I think the appointment is just confirming due date and checking bloods were OK though and if there was anything really wrong with bloods it should have been flagged up.

I don't get why they aren't seeing people that's what ppe is for. I've been seeing patients the whole was through all this.

@daniyaaq you know this! Let’s hope in the next few weeks we all feel much better, get a bump and have that pregnancy glow!!!
Yes I totally agree! Bring on the 2nd tri easier part of pregnancy! These first tri symptoms are dragging on too long for all of us!

@Mummy2Corban that's rubbish given they have missed you.

I think the appointment is just confirming due date and checking bloods were OK though and if there was anything really wrong with bloods it should have been flagged up.

I don't get why they aren't seeing people that's what ppe is for. I've been seeing patients the whole was through all this.
Totally. And our midwives offices are big so it’s not like they’re in my face the whole time. I’ve been giving 60 min massages with PPE and that’s way closer contact than midwives. No way should they still be doing phone consults. We need our blood pressure monitored and to hear bb’s hb on the Doppler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"