October/November Conkers 2021***

I don’t know what this baby( yes I know it’s not really the baby) has against grapes, of all things to not tolerate, grapes, I’ve tried so many times and I vomit as soon as I eat them. I’m throwing in the towel and just giving them up, but really grapes I’m shocked.
So crazy hey? It’s like a weird food aversions... you can eat it but it will deffo come back up. Mine is anything sweet, desserts or ice cream I can eat it but will throw it up immediately.

It’s so funny because it truly is just bloat. I look 20 weeks pregnant at night and wake up looking not pregnant at all. Here I am this morning for comparison. It’s the weirdest thing. I never had this happen in past pregnancies.

View attachment 1098015
That’s actually crazy the diff between Am and Pm!!

Reactions: sil
My MIL drives me crazy... she feels as if it’s her right to be in charge of the birthday parties for everyone.

my Little’s is 3 today and she texted me yesterday saying should she bring pizza to celebrate... like I don’t even have a plan as her mom. Last birth day she shows up the middle of the day with an entire cake after the girls have been spoiled with sugar cereal for breakfast, gingerbread house decorating and planned cupcakes after dinner. As if I didn’t have cake already planned for her party?

I messaged her back inviting her for dessert as my parents are having dinner with us and we don’t want to cross paths too much because Covid (it’s actually even agains the rules to have grandparents over if you can believe it) and she sends me a “oh, sure, fine” text like she’s offended. Oy.

We’ve been married 11 years and it just gets harder and harder to tolerate her control issues

@Reiko_ctu that sounds frustrating and I think more so when they don’t see it and you get a rubbish response. Hopefully your little has had a good day?

@Reiko_ctu that sounds frustrating and I think more so when they don’t see it and you get a rubbish response. Hopefully your little has had a good day?
We’ve had fun! Fruit loops for breakfast and the house covered with balloons, then dropped the big girls off at school, went to the store to let her pick new Jammie’s (we’ve been fighting over her Jammie’s lately lol) and the dollar store for a new paw patrol bucket and shovels to get ready for summer. The mini donuts (and my first iced coffee since being sick) and home, and she says she’s tired and wants a nap (mama too!) so we’re laying together now. Thankfully I have cleaners coming this afternoon, nanny and papa joining us for pizza dinner, then gramma and papa joining us for ice cream sundaes. And presents of course. I’ve been glad to have 3 kids during this Covid birthday time so they feel like they are having a party even without friends there.

I however threw up my breakfast today since I actually had to get out of bed, shower; and get the kids to school. I also found it very hard to breathe in my mask in the shops. I’m out of shape from laying in bed too I guess. But I have to massage in a mask for 50-60 mins starting Saturday so that will be a challenge. I might talk to my midwife about it. Is it just me being out of shape or is it already the pregnancy making it hard to breathe? With my 2nd I had PIA ( pregnancy induced asthma - yes it’s a thing!) and hope it’s not happening again that was frustrating enough without the mask issue. Masks are mandatory everywhere indoors here.

I’m totally not anti mask btw. If it means things can stay open and we can go about our business I’m all for them!

@Reiko_ctu I do a bit of beauty on the side of nursing, I ve not really pushed it since covid as I initially did it to boost my income then changed jobs so don't need to rely on it now. But I have done a few massages and I got so hot in the apron and mask it was horrid and that was before I got pregnant.

@Reiko_ctu I do a bit of beauty on the side of nursing, I ve not really pushed it since covid as I initially did it to boost my income then changed jobs so don't need to rely on it now. But I have done a few massages and I got so hot in the apron and mask it was horrid and that was before I got pregnant.
Yeah honestly I had absolutely no problem with the mask before I was pregnant, but my pregnant patients always asked if they could take their masks off for a bit during the massage because it wad hard to breathe... and they’re just lying there not exerting energy!! of course I let them because I’m not overly concerned about the virus but now I’m on the other side of things, I never thought how massaging in a mask while pregnant would be difficult! Yikes!!

@Reiko_ctu definitely pregnancy related, i struggle to breath without a mask on lately, even at night sleeping. I’m also really having a hard time with masks,

@Reiko_ctu I am sorry about your in laws. That is really frustrating. It’s so difficult when there are issues with family. It sounds like your little one was able to have a great day though. I’m glad! Breathing with a mask is tough here too.

It’s sort of scary, people in the US are starting to not wear masks anymore after vaccination which I guess makes sense but I hate it as a currently non vaccinated individual. I had an appointment with my tax preparer this week and he sat there indoors with me a full 30 min unmasked. I kept mine on

Still no news here. 11 weeks today. 2 weeks until my next ultrasounds. It’s been a full week since the NIPT and still no results so fingers crossed soon.

@Reiko_ctu definitely pregnancy related, i struggle to breath without a mask on lately, even at night sleeping. I’m also really having a hard time with masks,
Yeah I always felt for the pregnant ladies in masks. Especially in the third tri! I can’t believe how crap my respiratory system is just at 14 weeks.

@Reiko_ctu I am sorry about your in laws. That is really frustrating. It’s so difficult when there are issues with family. It sounds like your little one was able to have a great day though. I’m glad! Breathing with a mask is tough here too.

It’s sort of scary, people in the US are starting to not wear masks anymore after vaccination which I guess makes sense but I hate it as a currently non vaccinated individual. I had an appointment with my tax preparer this week and he sat there indoors with me a full 30 min unmasked. I kept mine on

Still no news here. 11 weeks today. 2 weeks until my next ultrasounds. It’s been a full week since the NIPT and still no results so fingers crossed soon.
I haven’t ever known anyone here who had gotten the NIPT but it seems like it takes forever to get the results from the experiences on here! So strange as our blood test results are sometimes on the online thing the same day!

I’m really in need of a solution for my afternoon exhaustion. Haven’t been able to function past 2pm and that means missed lots of meetings that I would like to attend.

I’m really in need of a solution for my afternoon exhaustion. Haven’t been able to function past 2pm and that means missed lots of meetings that I would like to attend.
I don’t know what you can do about that! I had coffee today and didn’t do a thing for me. Caffeine seems to have no effect when you’re taking the drowsy drugs. 1:30 was brutal today and I had been laying down for an hour already!

I don’t know what you can do about that! I had coffee today and didn’t do a thing for me. Caffeine seems to have no effect when you’re taking the drowsy drugs. 1:30 was brutal today and I had been laying down for an hour already!
I’m definitely noticing that all the meds I’m on for nausea counteract anything I try to take to perk myself up. But I just know I’d be even worse without them.

at this point I’m thinking of just making it official that I work half days.

I get out of breath too! We have to wear masks on the school grounds which after walking to the school and put my mask on I feel like I can’t breathe!

Im not sure what to say about being tired! Once it sets in it’s hard to snap out of it isn’t it. Specially with you guys taking meds I’m not sure?!

@sil fingers crossed for those results!

I’m definitely noticing that all the meds I’m on for nausea counteract anything I try to take to perk myself up. But I just know I’d be even worse without them.

at this point I’m thinking of just making it official that I work half days.
If you have the option of working half days I would ask... at least until week 16 when things might start to change a little bit.

Had a bit of a sad moment last night.

my history is, I’ve always sucked at being pregnant. I rock at giving birth but the whole pregnancy is tough for me. In my first I had terrible ms till 26 weeks and then at that time I was diagnosed with GD because I didn’t pass my glucose test. It’s just unlucky, I have absolutely zero risk factors for it at all. Anyways pregnancy is just really hard for me.

but I always forget how hard it is and I’ve been feeling like, as long as I can get through this nausea I’ll be able to handle the pregnancy with a good attitude. Then yesterday I ate a drive thru breakfast sandwich and sugary iced coffee and it was soooo good, and I realized in a few weeks I won’t be able to eat that at all because it will spike my blood sugar.

and I just realized it’s going to be hard in a different way and not as easy as I was assuming it would become. DH never forgets how hard pregnancy is so he get it lol. But I always forget because of the hormones! I really want to make the best of it because it’s deffo our last.

@Reiko_ctu I no that feeling, I'm type 1 and insulin dependent, I do have times where I eat stuff I shouldn't and I spike really high then other times I go far to low :( I hate it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->