October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

hello everyone its a wet and cold day in South Africa today

hope everyone is feeling good today ... last night I had no nausea at all and enjoyed my supper ...

Ash and Borr Im glad your scans went well

Ajarvis nearly in second tri ...

I have had hardly any nausea and last pregnancy I was so nauseous! Went for my first doctor's appointment today and mentioned my concern so he let me have a quick scan... I love this stage, they look like jumping gummy bears... so happy! :)

awesome Ella

my morning sickness seems to be quieting down now since yesterday and I feel much more energised

That's great news Ella! I'm thinking of booking a private scan for this weekend. I feel really nervous and sick not knowing if everything is ok

hi ladies

our thread is super slow I hope it picks up when we've all graduated to second tri

Im super sick today after feeling almost human for the past 2 days ... Monday is a holiday in SA and Im really looking forward to resting this weekend despite to having 3 assignments due next week ...

Had my scan yesterday at 10+5! Was so good to see baby moving around and waving its arms im so inlove :)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/924/M2ihnI.jpg

Great news on your scan Cassie.

AFM I have a UTI so am on penicillin for 6 days starting today:wacko: I haven't had any symptoms so was a total shock. Feel like I'm taking so many pills already. I'm taking my normal 6 pills a day which are pregnancy vitamins (there are 3 types in the package and you take 2 of each a day), extra iron which is 2 pills and now have to squeeze in 3 more pills a day:wacko: My GP is sending in my urine test to make sure it's not some antibiotic resistant strain but he didn't seem too concerned.

BTW this is just bad timing because DH's super selfish and super annoying friend is coming over :dohh: He just non-stop talks about himself or computers/ computer programming (I understand extremly little of it) or politics. They're going to eat dinner with me here at our place and then go to a concert.

I used to suffer with UTI's in my first trimester with my DD pregnancy ... it was horrible ... hope u get better soon

I used to suffer with UTI's in my first trimester with my DD pregnancy ... it was horrible ... hope u get better soon

Thanks Blessed:flower: I don't seem to have any symptoms so not suffering in that way but am hoping that it does go away after treatment. M GP didn't seem worried so assuming it's not very dangerous for baby?

BTW booked my nuchal scan for April 6th, now the wait begins :coffee:

Im having my April 4 and it will also be my dating scan, plus bloodwork ...

I used to drink cranberry juice for it ... no harm for baby just used to be super uncomfortable

Im having my April 4 and it will also be my dating scan, plus bloodwork ...

I used to drink cranberry juice for it ... no harm for baby just used to be super uncomfortable

I think they'll be dating my pregnancy again as well. I'm just praying we end up in the low risk group when it comes to Downs [-o<

Yeah I've heard you can use cranberry juice but it's hard to know when to take it if I keep getting symptomless UTIs:shrug:

Ah good to know! I think because we had a hard time conceiving, I'm probably extra nervous of something happening compared to many of those that conceived relatively easily and naturally:wacko:

praying along with you ...

what is your plans this weekend?

I wish to sleep this entire weekend LOL but I have assignments due next week ...

Great news on your scan Cassie.

AFM I have a UTI so am on penicillin for 6 days starting today:wacko: I haven't had any symptoms so was a total shock. Feel like I'm taking so many pills already. I'm taking my normal 6 pills a day which are pregnancy vitamins (there are 3 types in the package and you take 2 of each a day), extra iron which is 2 pills and now have to squeeze in 3 more pills a day:wacko: My GP is sending in my urine test to make sure it's not some antibiotic resistant strain but he didn't seem too concerned.

BTW this is just bad timing because DH's super selfish and super annoying friend is coming over :dohh: He just non-stop talks about himself or computers/ computer programming (I understand extremly little of it) or politics. They're going to eat dinner with me here at our place and then go to a concert.

Make sure to drink plenty of Cranberry juice that stuff is awesome for uti! I used to get them alot when i was younger and would end up peeing blood! Hopefully the antibiotics starts kicking in quickly for you. They are so painful! You poor thing :(

Sorry I've been kind of absent, finishing a work project for an out of town event next week and traveling to see friends this weekend.

Congrats on the great scan MissCassie!

Blessed: I'm glad you have dates for your exam/scan, sorry they make you wait so long!

Kat: How did you find out about the uti? I'm getting information about chromosomal testing, maybe a scan, on March 30th. I have to keep reminding myself we really aren't "old" and it's just a precaution.

praying along with you ...

what is your plans this weekend?

I wish to sleep this entire weekend LOL but I have assignments due next week ...

Not much really, DH likes to keep things a bit quiet during the weekend so he can catch up on his sleep:shrug: Hopefully that'll end when we move though sometime next month. He's going out tonight as mentioned with his annoying friend so I'm sure that'll be enough for him.

Kat: How did you find out about the uti? I'm getting information about chromosomal testing, maybe a scan, on March 30th. I have to keep reminding myself we really aren't "old" and it's just a precaution.

My GP wanted a urine sample yesterday but I couldn't pee so had to bring a sample in this morning. I guess it's standard procedure at the 1st meeting with your GP when you're pregnant :shrug:

How do they do chromosomal testing? I know that at my scan they'll determine our chances for the baby having Downs using the nuchal measurement and a blood test. If we're in the unfortunate 5% that are "high risk", we'll be offered an amniocentesis so we can know for sure although I'm not sure we'd do it since the risk of the baby having Downs would still be pretty darn low (around 1:200) and I've heard there are risks with an amniocentesis. We'll see, hoping we're "low risk" and there's no worries. Hey if my highly toxic brother's 46 year old wife (at the time of her pregnancy) can end up with a normal, healthy baby than my chances must be better (their daughter is now 8):winkwink:

that's how ours is done Kat ... then of course they test you for HIV too ...

oh your DH also has an annoying friend ... LOL mine too I try to keep quiet when he is around but lately its been so difficult not saying anything

@Kat: they did actually check my urine at the first (nurse only) appointment at 5w5d now that I think about it. Didn't check it at second (10w3d) though, but I was asked if I had any itching or burning, I said no they said not to worry about the urine sample.

The place I've been referred for my "Advanced Maternal Age" (which even OB said not to worry about) does a test called Panorama (https://www.panoramatest.com/en/expecting-parents/about-panorama)... BUT... the claims made by this and the other 3-4 companies with similar tests aren't regulated yet. It sounds like they are more accurate an a first trimester scan, but not absolutes - so they do this, plus the scan, and if any questions then they do an amniocentesis for actual diagnosis.

@blessed I was checked for all hepatitis types (even though I'm vaccinated for A&B), HIV (even though RE tested me last year), and to see if I had rubella antibodies (also checked by RE), ditto for blood type (ditto... RE). I think it's just a standard obstetrics panel they run no matter who you are or if it was done previously.

that's how ours is done Kat ... then of course they test you for HIV too ...

oh your DH also has an annoying friend ... LOL mine too I try to keep quiet when he is around but lately its been so difficult not saying anything

They already did the HIV before we were referred for IUI around October 2014 so I don't think they test for it after that.

I feel your pain, this guy is impossible:wacko: It's just non-stop about himself and his interests (which reminds me of my narcissistic mother) and he can't take a hint. I honestly don't know if I can handle him coming, I'm just so emotional and moody and fear it may end in me choking him:wacko: I seriously don't get why his current girlfriend (she has 2 kids with her ex-husband) was talking about having a kid with him, he'd be the worst father, he's just too selfish and uninterested in kids, especially small ones. I remember one of his exes had a cute 3-4 year old son and one night when the boy wanted to sleep with his mother and she had to throw DH's friend out of the bed, he got really pissed off, I think the relationship ended soon after actually. I don't know why my DH hangs on to him:nope:

@Kat: they did actually check my urine at the first (nurse only) appointment at 5w5d now that I think about it. Didn't check it at second (10w3d) though, but I was asked if I had any itching or burning, I said no they said not to worry about the urine sample.

The place I've been referred for my "Advanced Maternal Age" (which even OB said not to worry about) does a test called Panorama (https://www.panoramatest.com/en/expecting-parents/about-panorama)... BUT... the claims made by this and the other 3-4 companies with similar tests aren't regulated yet. It sounds like they are more accurate an a first trimester scan, but not absolutes - so they do this, plus the scan, and if any questions then they do an amniocentesis for actual diagnosis.

You're so lucky not have gotten an UTI, I've heard they're pretty common in pregnant women.

Ah ok so it's a blood test? They're going to also use a blood test to help determine the Downs chances so maybe it's a bit similiar? It does sound similiar to what they do here although I think the amnio is more an offer and you don't have to do it (since I think there's a slight risk of mc with it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->