October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

The MC risk of amnio scares me a bit. If the blood test (there are I think 4 or 5 companies that offer them, I know another is called Materna21, can't remember all the names) and/or the scan are questionable - I'll do the amnio. Aside from Downs Syndrome, most of the other chromosomal issues have one year survival rates of less than 10% (meaning less than 10% live to be one year old)... I'm not sure I could do that, but I know I would want to know. If both the blood test and the ultrasound look OK, I might be OK skipping the amnio unless there's something really suggesting it's necessary.

PS I *hope* I don't have a UTI! I'm didn't know you could have one without symptoms, will make them test each time in the future!

The MC risk of amnio scares me a bit. If the blood test (there are I think 4 or 5 companies that offer them, I know another is called Materna21, can't remember all the names) and/or the scan are questionable - I'll do the amnio. Aside from Downs Syndrome, most of the other chromosomal issues have one year survival rates of less than 10% (meaning less than 10% live to be one year old)... I'm not sure I could do that, but I know I would want to know. If both the blood test and the ultrasound look OK, I might be OK skipping the amnio unless there's something really suggesting it's necessary.

PS I *hope* I don't have a UTI! I'm didn't know you could have one without symptoms, will make them test each time in the future!

I think DH and I will definitely be skipping the amnio if we're in the "low risk" group, there'd be no point because the chances would then be insanely small and in my opinion don't justify the risk. Even if being in the "high risk" group, I think only 1-2% of them actually end up with a Downs baby so it's really questionable to do the amnio even then in my opinion. But I get you wanting to know more for sure.

Apparently you can according to my GP:wacko: I definitely didn't have any symptoms so was confident he wouldn't find anything but he did:dohh: I wonder if this means I'll have to have routine UTI checks every couple of months now:shrug:

AFM my DH's annoying friend is here and I'm already being driven nuts:dohh: An example of his annoying behavior: we told him months ago and several times that I'm definitely on a job hunting break until I get pregnant and have a baby. He arrives and asks me after talking about his job hunting woes (he took like 18 years to complete his Master's Degree so no surprise:dohh:): "So how's the job hunting going?":dohh::trouble: I just said I was on a break since DH and I agreed not to tell more people about the pregnancy until after my nuchal scan. I think because pregnancy and babies don't interest him in the slightest, he just doesn't register that kind of info (plus it has nothing to do with him so....):nope: Can't wait until he leaves and I can enjoy watching the Danish X Factor:happydance:

Would love some bump buddies :) im due Oct 14th :) soooo excited to go thru this journey with u all. feel free to message me if u would like to be facebook friends <3

I highly doubt I'd be getting the amnio. Initially we asked for the nuchal so that we could get an ultrasound and then we already had one lol. But now I get to see him/her again and I can't say no. Ha. But amnio is so high risk I don't think it's worth it.

Yesterday was the first day in a while I wasn't outrageously sick! It was nice. Went and saw deadpool not bad. Kinda silly. Finally hit 12 weeks! I want to shop so bad lol. Also my anatomy scan is on May 12th. 53 days the countdown is on.

c beary sorry you're starting to be sick, it really stinks:hugs:

ajarvis I agree, I think DH and I would only ever consider it if we're "high risk" and even then I don't think it's worth it seeing as how a 1:200 chance is still really low odds. Although I'm probably extra protective because of all I went through to achieve a pregnancy.

BTW has anyone else heard pineapple is bad, especially in the 1st trimester? I ate ½ a veggie pizza last night with pineapple so am a bit nervous now. Something about it can potentially cause mc?

Thanks Kat. I'm hoping it's a one off and was just because I was choking on my food. I've felt much worse than this in weeks 6-8.

I wouldn't worry about a few slices of pineapple. I think you're supposed to eat the core when ttc but avoid it in pregnancy. I doubt there would be any of the core on the pizza.

Thanks Kat. I'm hoping it's a one off and was just because I was choking on my food. I've felt much worse than this in weeks 6-8.

I wouldn't worry about a few slices of pineapple. I think you're supposed to eat the core when ttc but avoid it in pregnancy. I doubt there would be any of the core on the pizza.

Ah ok, that could be.

Probably not and DH is fairly sure it's canned pineapple the pizzeria used so less problematic (so guess I'm more free to eat the leftovers). The worst thing is though I bought a fruit salad today with pineapple in it (to eat as snacks in between meals) so don't know if I should eat the pineapple pieces or leave them to DH:shrug:

I've been eating pineapple the past few days. I didn't realise it was on the not to eat list. Later in pregnancy, it can help you go into labour. But I didn't realise so early it was a no-go area.

Maybe that's what caused last nights pains then.

Eating pineapple in reasonable amounts is totally fine.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/462887-is-pineapple-good-or-bad-for-early-pregnancy/

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...eek/in-depth/pregnancy-nutrition/art-20046955

Thanks ash, helps to calm me some. Otherwise I could ask my GP but I'm afraid of his reaction, if he'll laugh or something:wacko: It's crazy because there wasn't 1 food item he advised against during our talk or anything in the pamphlets he gave me.

Lost maybe you just can't take eating pineapple during pregnancy? I ate some curry herring today (love it normally, especially with a boiled egg on top!). It's herring cut in bite sized pieces mixed in a curry sauce, eaten cold on a piece of bread but it gave me diarrhea about 1 hour later so guess I can't take it during pregnancy:wacko: The curry isn't strong at all though, it's extremly, extremly mild so not sure why my tummy can't take it:shrug:

Pineapple is fine. There's so much mumbo jumbo out there about what's "allowed" most of it has no basis in reality.

I've been eating tons of pineapple because I've been craving fresh fruit like crazy. It tastes great and I feel fine (other than the MS getting stronger this week). I wouldn't worry about it. I've had a cold cut sandwich a few times and I lived through that too. I figure if I actually want to eat it and it stays down, then I've won! &#128540;

On the down side, I seem to have caught a cold this week. At home in bed with the sniffles all weekend. &#128553;

Haha, the very first question I asked my OB was about deli meat! She gave me the go ahead and it was ahhhhmazing!

Ok think I'll just eat the pineapple then, there's not much of it in the fruit salad anyway once I looked closer:winkwink: Deli meats pose no issue as I'm a pescetarian so don't eat them. I do know that you need to be careful of predatory fish, like tuna, because of potential mercury exposure - think I'm only allowed about e.g. 100 g/month of tuna. At least that's the recommendation in Denmark anyway :shrug:

https://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/emmwason/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-12/20160321_124817.jpg

Scan went great!! :happydance:

My due date is the 5th October now. :)

Glad your scan went well imaginary:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back