October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

I hadn't heard, sorry. It's nice you're doing your bit to help the devastation of the coastal areas though.

Less than 12 hours now and since it's now gone midnight, I can safely say I'm going to find out the gender TODAY.

AH, Kat, I think you are correct! The issue, for sure, is that WE KNOW. And they know that we know. I've already wasted half my day reading things about gender neutral parenting and, for us, we want kids that feel free to like that they like without being stuffed in a box. That being said, we aren't comfortable hiding what they are once they are here or encouraging them to try the opposite identity, because (to us) that's farther than we are comfortable going. Or more appropriately, too much work. We aren't those extremes and maybe I'll relax a bit more after our scan on the 5th of May (anatomy scan) and I have more confidence about the overall health.

No I'd also think it difficult to hide a child's gender once they're born, especially if you're planning on letting others in the family babysit once in a while.

I think I was allowed to play with the toys I wanted although me having dinosaurs led my toxic mother into being sure I was a lesbian:dohh: The only thing that was a bit forced on me when I was smaller was wearing frilly dresses and I can't stand them even though my toxic mother claims I wanted to wear them:nope:

Anyway I definitely am not into going into the whole gender thing myself. My ex-SIL (the one that was married to DH's older brother) did that with her son and daughter, she even panicked when the son for a while wanted to play with dolls because she's a bit homophobic and was afraid it meant he would "end up" gay:dohh: The son was definitely encouraged to play with boy stuff and "be a boy" while the daughter has been encouraged to be a girly girl and play with dolls, do "girly things" and being called "princess" by her mother. Although I hate to say my ex-SIL isn't unusual here although maybe on the more extreme side. DH and I, if we're e.g. having a girl, aren't going to be pushing her in the "princess" direction and she's going to be allowed to play with what she wants and once she's a cretain age wear what she wants to wear, even if it isn't "girl colors."

Hey everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been on much. I live in Ecuador, and as I am sure you've all heard on the news there was a massive 7.8 earthquake on Saturday. It was felt strongly where I live but thankfully no damage here and we are ok. However, all of the coastal region of the country is left completely destroyed and devastated. I have been trying to do my best these past few days to gather donations and volunteering to sort donations, and I've been busy trying to help with what I can.

So sorry borr, I hadn't heard that but DH and I have been super busy with getting our new house ready and packing so we're ready to move this weekend so haven't been keeping up with recent events very much:nope: So great you're helping others and you're ok!

hi ladies

Lost good luck today for your scan ...

I get so excited when you ladies are so excited and already looking at things to buy for when baby comes ... I too look at things but Im trying my best to hold off until we find out the gender ... my DH is not sure whether he wants to wait until end of May until we find out or to go at 16 weeks ... we'll see

I went at 22weeks with my DD and even that time they had a hard time getting it right and we ended up remaining team yellow ...

sorry to Kat and Lost on still feeling sick ... im still feeling sick too and yesterday when me and DH went shopping for maternity pants for me I was very sick and dizzy and couldn't wait to get home ... I was sick with my DD until 18weeks so Im waiting until then to feel better

Im already struggling to sleep at night and sleep well during the day but of course cant do that while Im at work ...

Borr Im glad you and your family are ok ...sending prayers to your nation ...

Ajarvis did you tell work? sorry if you posted it already I still need to go back and read everyone's updates

Borr I've been watching the devastation on the news. So great of you to be able to help. I grew up in California and am very well-versed on earthquakes and have been through quite a few big ones. I hope your friends and family are all safe.

Midnight- I'm sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself.

Lost- hope the scan went well!

We found out with our first but not with our second. I can't believe how many people have an opinion of if you should even find out or not. Total judgment thrown at your for staying team yellow or finding out. You can't win. We're still undecided if we'll find out or not, but am pretty sure we will. I have 2 weeks to go until my detailed scan to make sure all is well and I can't wait. I'm still hiding it from work as don't want to tell them if things aren't ok. It's definitely getting harder and I may have to come clean next week if I can't hide my bump anymore. I'm very happy the weather has still been pretty lousy- much easier to hide under big coats and scarves!

What was the result Lost:flower:

AFM I won't have my next scan until somewhere between 19-21 weeks (I'm about 15½ weeks now). Haven't even heard when it'll be but they probably won't contact me until about 2 weeks before with the date and time. I'm remaining on team :yellow: anyway so it'll be only to check baby's health and see that everything is still on track.

BTW am I the only one that's going to be Team :yellow: all the way to birth?

Kat Lost is also team yellow LOL

Im not sure if I want to find out but my DH wants to know ...

I'm team :yellow: and looking forward to a nice surprise (although boys run in hubby's family so it will be a surprise if it's a girl :haha:)

Blessed I believe Lost was at her gender scan yesterday so she knows what gender she's having although she hasn't told us yet. I was also thinking Team :yellow: all the way, right until birth, as in even DH and I won't know until baby comes.

c beary so you won't be finding out the gender until you give birth?

yes she knows but is remaining team yellow to the world we will only find out when she gives birth

I passed my first lot of assignments ... second lot submitted, then I can start prepping for the exams ... I will be just over 20 weeks when I sit down to write ... so glad Im coping cause I was really worried about this since our company is paying and I would've been liable to pay back if I dropped out... phew

clandestine - what a hard thing to resist. There are Denny's everywhere here. But for the 4 of us to go eat it's kind of expensive cause my oldest eats as much as an adult.

Twinkie - I don't think I could manage keeping it a surprise - especially buying blankets, and setting up the nursery etc!

Borr - wow! Glad you're ok. All these quakes are crazy!

Blessed - Yes I finally did ha. I didn't "announce" it as it's not really my thing, but I told my team lead. All good! Worried for nothing :)

So sorry midnight :hugs:

Lost I won't know what I'm having until May 12th! tick. tick. tick...

AFM Planning a trip to Arizona in June. I think I'm mental! It's going to be crazy hot! So I'm going to have to go shopping for some summer clothes sooner than later. Also volunteering for my sons zoo field trip next month that will be alot of walking. Definitely keeping busy now that I'm feeling better. Off to the gym tonight for body pump and hopefully a run in the AM. Except I'm also workign 14 hours tomorrow so BOOOOOOO and on top of that have to work saturday :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->