October Pumpkins 2017

Hi all
The ms has really kicked in here, I couldn't leave my bed on Sunday. I was so sick with my last two pregnancies (around 20 times a day for weeks) I was hoping for a break this time! At least I'm a sahm now although that's still pretty hard at the minute with a 2 year old and almost 5 year old.

Flyingduster- that is great news. I did the gtt early last time (around 9 weeks) they had to give me antisickness meds to keep the lucozade down for 2 hours. Are you UK or US? I'm 🇬🇧 and already seeing rises after meals - it's so hard to control when the sickness is bad and sickness and insulin are a bad mix!

We didn't plan this pregnancy as I do get so ill, we wanted a third but not for 2 years when my youngest started school.

Shanlee- we have never found out the gender until birth. I am tempted this time but I think we'll still keep it a surprise.

I don't think I've ever known my boys heartbeats from the scan? Is this a new thing or something you're told in other countries? Or maybe I missed it last time??

As far as the heartbeat, when I've went to all my appointments they've always told me the heartbeats, they even told me it when I was in labor. Here they monitor the heartbeat when you are in labor, just in case it gets too high or too low than they have to get baby out immediately!

They are most likely old wives tales...but one of them is that if the baby has a higher heartbeat it's a little girl and if it has a lower heartbeat its a little boy...I guess to me we all just have to wait and see ;)

I guess I have some perks lol! I have a boy and a girl so this baby will be our tiebreaker. My daughters heartbeat was always around 140-160, and my son's was always between 120-130. I cannot wait to announce our gender, since we have one of each...I'm going to do a tug of war announcement, it's really cute.

I am beyond excited as well, because next Wednesday we are going to get our little puppy, she's only 8 weeks so she's definitely going to be keeping me busy :)

My 8 weeks ultrasound is this Friday, so I can't wait to hear the heartbeat. I will try not to get my hopes up about girl vs boy, but I admit I would like a little girl as I already have a step-son. I don't want to be even more outnumbered.

My husband and I like to argue about which is more likely... I'm one of 5 girls, and one of my sisters has 2 girls. He's an only child with a son, and he thinks since his father has 3 brothers (and a sister) a boy is more likely.

I am beyond excited as well, because next Wednesday we are going to get our little puppy, she's only 8 weeks so she's definitely going to be keeping me busy :)

You're getting a baby before you have your baby! :D I bet your kids will be so excited. Post a pic or two!

The idea behind heartbeat is "supposedly" over 159 for b girls and under for boys. It was true for us anyway lol with DD1 I just "knew" it was a boy....wrong lol I don't mind either way, I love having girls.

Verily yay for an ultrasound soon!

Kittey love the tug of war announcement, I've seen some of those, they're very cute. And puuuupppyyyy!!! Aaaahhhhh!!!!!

Krobbo our munchkins are close in age :thumbup: Sorry the ms is hitting you hard :hugs: do any of the old tips help you? I know some swear by those Seaband things.

Flying yay for coming back in the clear!! Such a relief :hugs:

Missyogi I feel you on the nipple pain!

I feel like I missed so much lol and gotta get familiar with everyone's name, etc. So please allow me to be lazy for a sec.

-Hey I was born Oct 29

- I'm also diabetic. I never heard of you having gestational and then not having it again. That's awesome, means you are maintaining glucose better than last time. I can imagine they may just closely monitor, maybe have you test at homes regularly to monitor and run another fasting later. The more hormones maybe it can develope? Wishing you the best .

- heartbeat wives tell, lol def not accurate. I attached another fun predictor. It says this will be a girl. I was kinda thinking another boy would fit in nicely, I could pass everything down lol.

Me- first prenatal March 6 with a scan . I went to primary and they ran hgc and will again tomorrow. I'm very nervous, barely slept and the fact that my primary is always slow to review and give back results doesn't help. Still no symptoms but I always have super laid back symthoms.

Attachments

• 5486340_orig.jpg
    5486340_orig.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 19
I worry about getting gestational diabetes so much, but I still keep eating sugar. #-o I think it's part craving, part convenience (post Valentines & Girl Scout cookie season). I'm hoping I beat the odds, but it doesn't look good with all my risk factors (obese, older, mom w/ Type I).

Your predictor says girl for me too. The Chinese one says boy. I think I'll just flip a coin at this point. :p

I worry about getting gestational diabetes so much, but I still keep eating sugar. #-o I think it's part craving, part convenience (post Valentines & Girl Scout cookie season). I'm hoping I beat the odds, but it doesn't look good with all my risk factors (obese, older, mom w/ Type I).

Your predictor says girl for me too. The Chinese one says boy. I think I'll just flip a coin at this point. :p

I don't understand how your type 1 will revert to gestational????

My mother has Type I. Apparently that's a risk factor to have an immediate family member with it.

Babifever that chart better be right haha, everything I've done so far says girl. It works for my son aswell :) :haha:

Just got my blood work first hgc 141 I take another one Tom . What yal think ? They say bases on that I'm about 4 weeks

Babifever your chart only got 1 out of my 3 right lol I love stuff like that, I think it's so fun.

Hi guys,

I'm exactly 7 or 8 weeks today (7 from ovulation, 8 from LMP) and have my first dating scan this lunchtime. I hope I see something and that it's not too early! With #3 I had an early scan and they could only see an empty sac and terrified me by saying it was most probably a blighted ovum, and then a week later we saw the embryo! So I hope 7 weeks isn't too early...

Anyway, looking forward to sharing these next lonnnnnng months with you guys, all being well :)

WrinklyMummy

ME- beautiful scan!!

Soph- welcome and congrats on BFP! If you are planning on staying pregnant all the way until December 31st you might get a bit uncomfortable!

Stillpraying- The pain could be you little one burrowing in a bit further. Hope you aren't too uncomfortable!

Velathria- I'm there with you on the heartburn and sore nipples. Sometimes my nipples feel like they might be bleeding and I'm scared to look but then they are fine when I check. I'll be crossing my fingers for your rainbow!

Kittykat- Is 122 a fast or slow heartbeat? I know girls and boys apparently have different heartbeat speeds, but since this is my first I'm a bit clueless about what normal is. I have an intuition that mine is a girl, but DH says boy and that's based on absolutely nothing.

Today I am having more sore nipples, a bit of low nausea, heartburn, and bloating at night to the point where I unbutton my pants!

Thanks :) I think ms is slowly coming cause I have been feeling icky all day and the thought of eating anything makes me feel sick. And omg I was so tired today even though I had a nap. I'm so exhausted lol

Went to see my go today and I qualify for a risk pregnancy so I'll be getting an early scan at 8 weeks. Thank god :)
Hope everything goes well for everyone :)

velathria that's great youll be getting an early scan!

Wrinklymummy fx you get a great scan today!

babifever I don't know too much about hcg levels per week, just that your levels should double between 24-48 hours. I know there are charts on it on the countdowntopregnancy website:thumbup:

I literally feel hungover. 8 weeks is when I had my mc in 2013 so I'm feeling very on edge this week.

I hope you girls don't mind if I join. I'm actually due the end of September (September 28th to be exact according to my first scan) so I was hoping to follow you ladies on here :)

Is there a Facebook group for October yet?

Mayan lender was wrong for two of my pregnancies and it say girl for this one so let's hope it's wrong again lol.

Feeling so icky allll the time. Food aversions are kicking in and next is the actual sickness 😷

Hi all,

Just got back from my dating scan. I'm measuring 7 weeks tomorrow. My LMP would make me 8 weeks today though, so I ovulated on CD24! The gestational sac was measuring 7w5d but he said not to worry, it'll probably catch up by the next scan. You can't see much in the pics (these were the best 2) but apparently it's the size of a peanut :)

They measured the heartbeat too, and it was 148 bpm! Actually I have no idea if that's good or bad as my last pregnancy was 7 years ago so it's like the first time again for me ;-)

Is anyone else having a dating scan...?

WM

Attachments

• dating scan 2.jpg
    dating scan 2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 9
  • dating scan 1.jpg
    dating scan 1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5
I don't have a scan until March 10th. But your Lil peanut is so sweet! I'm confused though, you said you're measuring 7 weeks tomorrow but the sac is measuring 7.5?

Congrats to all the ladies who have had scans!! It's such a great feeling knowing your little bean is in there with a nice heartbeat to see. I felt so much relief when I saw my little bean!

AFM my MS is kicking my butt. I have no appetite during the day and today I had a HORRIBLE crippling migraine. It brought me to tears and I know it was a result of not eating/drinking anything/enough. I've also been having some light brown spotting and I know it's completely normal at this stage but it still makes me uneasy. I just keep reminding myself that everything is okay in there.

They really don't tell you these things about being pregnant!! Haha it's like one day you're normal and then next your body is just being ravaged by the flood of hormones and you're body is like nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->