October Pumpkins 2017

i m so behind catching up on all the updates. Hope everyones kind of getting lil better with MS & fatigue. I got a sea sickness band for myself & it gets me through work , evenings & nights are horrible, i can barely keep my dinner down.

Exciting part is i have my first US & preg confirmation apnt today. I m soo excited & nervous. Cant wait to see & hear the heartbeat.. Any specific questions i should be asking , i just forgot with my son what did i ask.. I am 35 now, does it mean anything specific i need to know ?

does knowing position of placenta gives a guess on the gender ? i read about the theory somewhere , not sure what to ask.

Guess i m just nervous :)wish me luck, will keep u all posted

Hi ladies. Definitely having a day of doubt and concern/anxiety. Last Sat I felt like absolute garbage between fatigue and some mild back achiness. Didn't think much of the back achiness at the time as I've had 2 episode previously of this same achiness. Today I'm feeling... off. Having some sharpish pains and a little cramping. I'm not sure how much of that is uterine though as I also had a bought of (sorry, TMI) pretty significant and painful diarrhea episode and have been feeling kinda icky from that.

No bleeding. But two itty bitty pink streaks with wiping and that only happened once.

So I'm not sure what to think. When I had a MC before I KNEW what was happening. It hurt like heck and had me darn near doubled over from the intensity of the cramping. If that was a 7-8/10 pain I'd say today is a 1/10.... if that.

My appointment is on Friday so I'm half a mind to just wait until then.

Am I blowing this all out of proportion? Considering I've had it really easy all this time and my bean was seen on ultrasound with a nice string heart rate... could I just be experiencing an off day? Or is there potentially something more sinister going on? 😞

MePride- Looks like a one off day ! Dont stress, take lots of rest & on safe side just call your nurse and tell her your symptoms.

Aancha it's called the Ramzi theory. You need to know at what angle the us is looking to use the theory (top looking down, mirror image, etc). Good luck with your appointment!

MEpride my symptoms weren't bad and got suddenly worse at 9 weeks.:hugs: If you have an appointment soon I would wait., but that's totally your call on how you feel. Could you have eaten something that caused the diarrhea?

Drjo sorry about the bleeding, that's always terrifying. I hope it's nothing:hugs:
Glad you got to see your little bean tho!

MEPride: Doesn't sound like anything to be too concerned about, if it gets worse maybe get checked? But otherwise it sounds pretty normal for first tri. I know how hard it must be not to worry though :hugs:

drjo718: Glad to hear everything seems ok!

StillPraying: 9 days seems so far doesn't it? My first OB appointment is in 14 and that seems like eternity right now. I also plan to buy a doppler after but kind of want to before too, just afraid to worry myself.

Seems most everyone is doing ok other than the MS? I have yet to really get sick but I stay nauseous 90% of the day. That coupled with fatigue and I literally just want to stay in bed all day and I"m not gonna lie, I have. I work from home so it's really easy to just stay in bed when I should be getting work done. I can't wait until 2nd tri, maybe the MS will taper off then.

I keep looking at all the baby stuff we'll need to buy and it's just so overwhelming. I honestly will probably need a list of essentials since this is our first child, I have no idea what to get other than the basic stuff.

I'm behind as well. Sorry some of you are going thru Ms. I've been pretty good, back pains and headaches seems to be my problems, for that reason and cramping Monday my first appointment is this Thursday (tomorrow) instead on next Monday. We shall see. I'm nervous and excited

I actually have no self control and just purchased a sonoline B doppler, should be here Mon. which will put me at 9w 1d :haha:

ME, I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry. The diarrhoea will leave you with cramping and pains, plus gas which can also give you odd pains. The pink spotting is quite likely a bit of irritation of the cervix given your other symptoms. Once they see the heartbeat on u/s, the chances of a successful pregnancy are really high. If the spotting comes back then yes, give them a call (although it still wouldn't mean there's definitely a problem), but if it doesn't then it all sounds related to a stomach upset. Mention it all at your appt on Fri though :hugs: And take it easy :)

Mepride one of my symptoms is bad diarrhoea. (Tmi sorry!) I get it at least twice a week and it always cause low back pain and mild cramps that all feel like period pains. So it could all be totally normal x

I'm already in bed 8pm here, I can still hear my 2 year old chattering away. But ds1 turned 5 today so I've had to be supermum today despite feeling sickly and tired. Time to catch up on some terrible tv and rest.

Sorry, I feel like I'm missing so many posts! I hope everyone else is doing well.

Angel, yeah, I have no idea what I'll need to buy either! Once we're all safely into the buying stuff for the baby part, maybe one of the more experienced members could give us a nice list of essentials? :p

AFM, felt awful last night, unable to get my temperature regulated. Generally I'm super cold all the time. No actual MS here, but the nausea keeps coming and going. Really worried about the u/s tomorrow. The last one (around 5w4d) we saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac but no fetal pole so starting to worry about that. Hoping it was just hiding because it was so small.

Thanks ladies. You calm my worries. I've had it so easy for a first time pregnancy I don't know what's normal.

Drjo - Glad everything seems to be ok!

Lullabye - I remember weeks 5-8 for me were rough. MS has just now started easing for me considerably so hopefully it won't be too much longer for the rest of you xx

MEpride - That sounds normal to me. Like others have said if it gets worse I'd call but otherwise the pain and spotting are pretty common in the first tri. I do get IBS flare ups during pregnancy which result in cramping and diarrhea. Maybe that is what it is from?

Aancha - The theory you talk about is called Ramzi. I wrote about this one time, as I've done a lot of studying about it throughout the course of my various pregnancies. In my experience, it doesn't matter if the image is transvaginal or abdominal. For me it was always a mirror image no matter what. The theory says that 97% of boys implant on the right side of the uterus while 97% of girls implant on the left side. You could ask your tech which side the baby implanted but when I do they give me a weird look like why do you want to know that? lol so I take it that it's not very popular among techs. You can figure it out yourself by looking at your scan image. Since it is a mirror image, left = right and vice versa. For example, if the placenta (NOT where the baby is... you're looking for the thickest part of the shaded grey area around the sac) is growing on the right side of the sac, then it is actually the left side of your belly so you'd be having a girl, and opposite for a boy. If you post your scan picture we can give you a guess :)

Angel - I was able to hear my baby's heartbeat at 9 weeks but not long enough to get an accurate reading. I have the Sonoline B too and I love it!

I made a video of the recording and counted the beats for 10 seconds and timed it by 6, we got about 156 but it was so fast it was hard to keep count lol.
My sons was around the same so he didn't follow the low beats for a boy :haha:

I can't wait for my 12 week scan, I usually use skull theory for the sex and I sent it to a few of my friends and they said boy, as soon as I saw it I knew he'd be a boy as well.
I have no feeling either way for gender in this pregnancy so far, I'm just hoping it's gonna be a girl :haha:

Saraaa - I couldn't even catch it for 10 seconds lol. I have an active little bub in there. I'd hear it for maybe a second or two before it was gone. At our first scan the heartbeat was 168 bpm at only 7 weeks :wacko:

As a side note my DS didn't follow the heartbeat theory either. His was 170-180 bpm while my girls typically ran between 140-150 bpm.

Anyone do the ring test for gender? It's obviously not scientific, just for fun. Mine said girl, we will see!

Angel- I did the ring test, it said boy! And I've been feeling like this in is a boy so I'm excited! But as long as baby is healthy I obviously will be thrilled! I'm staying team yellow so it's gonna be a longgg way of guessing and old wives tales :)

AFM my morning sickness is lightening up as now I'm 8w4d but funny enough even tho my nausea is lightening I'm still throwing up randomly at times! That seems like it has no signs of stopping! Glad all you other ladies are doing well and bubby's are doing well :hugs:

Hi mamas! I know it is early, but I wanted to start an October thread as those BFP's start rolling in. My estimated due date is October 2nd, but that is just through an online calculator. I will have my first appointment in a few weeks and can update my due date if need be then.

September 28
lilmisscaviar

October
MEPride
verily
yogimama
bellaboo
SarahA

Lindsayms05
Trying4BbyBoy
squirrel.
StillPraying

babyno9
me222

akinsmom2 :angel:
KitteyKat2010

PSamuel
aancha0204

Shanlee16
MrsReed2015
angelgirl86
WrenBaby
ilex88
Honey27

saraaa
hmcx
Alie
Conundrum

Hello_kitty
Mallerm
Liztastic
Jumik

shibama

CrazyBird

Orglethorp

KylasBaby
flyingduster
cat81

Stevensmummyx :angel:

miss_nat84
Amandasb84
Mrs B.
Jaggersmommy
aliciazh

nlk
MrsD140810

Lullabye
whatwillbex

Eziana

Ktangerine

Fit_Mama2Be :angel:
MissYogi

drjo718

Calcifer :angel:

xandersmom112

babifever

EBAUERHAUS

velathria

abennion
sophi90

47 BFP's and counting....4 angels

Hi! Congrats to all the bfp's and lots of love and hugs! I am due 10/16 with baby #3. Praying for a girl ����

Drjo - Glad everything seems to be ok!

Lullabye - I remember weeks 5-8 for me were rough. MS has just now started easing for me considerably so hopefully it won't be too much longer for the rest of you xx

MEpride - That sounds normal to me. Like others have said if it gets worse I'd call but otherwise the pain and spotting are pretty common in the first tri. I do get IBS flare ups during pregnancy which result in cramping and diarrhea. Maybe that is what it is from?

Aancha - The theory you talk about is called Ramzi. I wrote about this one time, as I've done a lot of studying about it throughout the course of my various pregnancies. In my experience, it doesn't matter if the image is transvaginal or abdominal. For me it was always a mirror image no matter what. The theory says that 97% of boys implant on the right side of the uterus while 97% of girls implant on the left side. You could ask your tech which side the baby implanted but when I do they give me a weird look like why do you want to know that? lol so I take it that it's not very popular among techs. You can figure it out yourself by looking at your scan image. Since it is a mirror image, left = right and vice versa. For example, if the placenta (NOT where the baby is... you're looking for the thickest part of the shaded grey area around the sac) is growing on the right side of the sac, then it is actually the left side of your belly so you'd be having a girl, and opposite for a boy. If you post your scan picture we can give you a guess :)

Angel - I was able to hear my baby's heartbeat at 9 weeks but not long enough to get an accurate reading. I have the Sonoline B too and I love it!

How do you post a picture on here?

Facethemusic you click "Go Advanced" next to "post quick reply ", if you scroll down there is a manage attachments button. Welcome :flower:

MrsB good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow!

To the ladies asking about buying baby stuff....the essentials really depends on the mom honestly. Breastfeeding or formula, bedsharing, cosleeping, or crib/cradle, cloth or disposable diapers.... It's kind of different depending on what your personal choices are:)

My girls were both in the 160s for heart rate, and Luke was in the 150s
I have not done the ring test, skull theory didn't work for my beans lol I love the nub theory though.

Thank you! Can you ladies kindly Ramzi me? 7w1d abdominal :)

Attachments

• IMG_6314.jpg
    IMG_6314.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly