October Pumpkins 2017

Kitty that's awesome you were able to hear the heartbeat! I love maternity clothes lol

MEpride not much longer until your appointment :) definitely suggest writing your questions down if you haven't already. Idk what it is about appointments that makes a person's mind just go blank lol

Saraaa were they really thin or petite people that found it so early?

I've tried a few times with my doppler as well! No luck yet. With my other two pregnancies, I found the heartbeat sometime in my 9th week and I had been trying earlier so I think in my 9th week is just when it happens for me. About size, I am a bit plus size and carry extra weight in my stomach and still found it in 9th week. Where it's so low, even if you have a little tummy, you're down below it if that makes any sense? Like maybe an inch about your hair line.

Stillpraying, I'm not sure the videos on YouTube were just videos of the Doppler screen.

Happy to report I just found it tho! :happydance: 8 weeks 1 day :) :happydance:
I can relax abit now I know there's something in there lol. My bladder was really full as well because I read that will help with it being this early, and it did :haha:

Mediterranean: I'm going to have to see about something to ease it, it's relentless. The last couple of days at work have been hellish. I'm not sure how I'm going to tough it out until it passes. I work in the community and spend most of my day in strangers homes, not the best when as queasy as can be. I'm not sure if I will be able to have anything tho as I'm not physically being sick so doctor may not go for prescribing me anything.

Velathria: sorry to hear about your previous miscarriages :(. Nope, no chance to ask anything it was all over in 5mins, ushered off. I'm booked in for 1st midwife visit on Saturday so I'll be able to ask everything then.

Krobbo: Exciting to get your first midwife visit, mines on Saturday! I'll be 7weeks 1 day. And will finally be able to ask questions and have a confirmation test! Enjoy yours next week :)

Maybe it just depends on baby and placenta then? I'm a small person but I'm planning on buying a Doppler after my first ultrasound

My baby is right in the middle, I had the Doppler just above my pubic bone. It's just under my pulse as well so I was having to angle it around to hear it, hopefully it'll be easier now I know where it is :)

Ooh I have a Doppler from my last pregnancy. I always swore I'd never use one as I thought it would be so hard to get the heartbeat that I would be just be worrying myself. However last pregnancy my LO was at risk and I had an anterior placenta so even in late second and early third tri I was using it to check on him.

I might have to get mine out in a couple of weeks and give it a try.

Kdee sorry you are feeling so ill. I can imagine going into others peoples house isn't nice with all the different smells. I'm not too bad but the smell of the school dinners cooking when I drop the ds1 off in the morning is horrible!

My placenta was anterior with my son and I got his at 10 weeks, I didn't feel him move until about 22/23 weeks though so I'm hoping this one will be earlier!

Ladies that's awesome that you were able to hear the heartbeats so early!!! Saara and Mepride, what Doppler brands do you have?

Kdee, I don't know that you necessarily have to throw up to get prescribed nausea medication. My OB today mentioned for people who don't have insurance, she recommmends ginger and gravol. Have you tried any home remedies?

Congrats Glovities! I hope that this pregnancy is sucessful for you! How far along do you figure? i think around 5 weeks without doing exact dating.

AFM,

I had my first OB appt today and it went great! I loved the OB! She took all the time we wanted, we talked about things other than the pregnancy also and she made me feel reassured. So she told me based on my LMP MY due date would be Oct 8 which is my hubby's and my moms b-day. But she said I ovulated late so I am due on October 17th making me 7 weeks today. She told me that on my ultrasound last week (at 6+2) the heartbeat was 127 bpm. Today she put on the office ultrasound machine so I got to see bubs for the first time! (The techs can't show you that early on) AMAZING! The heartbeat was 167 today!

It's ironic that the appt was at l&d at the hospital where I gave birth to my son 3 years ago today and I ran into the midwife that birthed him! I'm hoping that was all good signs .

I don't have my next appt for 4 weeks so that's a long time without seeing babes now. I hope I can hear something on the Doppler in the next couple of weeks.

I have a doppler from my last couple pregnancies. Last week I tried using it and could only catch the baby a handful of times before he/she would flutter away again. I couldn't catch it long enough for an accurate reading yet but I did catch my placenta. The placenta sounds like a whooshing echo more so than a heartbeat and typically runs a little higher than my own heartbeat but a little lower than baby's heartbeat.

Ladies that's awesome that you were able to hear the heartbeats so early!!! Saara and Mepride, what Doppler brands do you have?

Kdee, I don't know that you necessarily have to throw up to get prescribed nausea medication. My OB today mentioned for people who don't have insurance, she recommmends ginger and gravol. Have you tried any home remedies?

Mines a sonoline b :)

Mines a sonoline b :)

That's what I have too :)

7 weeks now and the morning sickness and fatigue are ROUGH! All I want to do is sleep and eat toast.

7 weeks today Yipeee the MS is slowing creeping in more and more not actually throwing up but have that sick feeling all day now :( and this tiredness is really kicking my butt this time round i don't recall being this tired the first time but i am 5 years older maybe that's why haha

Got my first midwife app a week today and then should get my scan around 12 weeks so all very exciting, we are holding off telling our daughter until we have had our first scan and all is ok

Hope everyone else is well :)

My first ultrasound is in 9 days. I'm so nervous! I plan to buy a sonoline b after that ultrasound. Oddly for every pregnancy my ms peaked at 9 weeks....which explains why I feel like death this week.

I had some bleeding this morning. I'm at work and the midwife was able to get me in to radiology for an ultrasound. I haven't gotten a full report yet, but I was able to see and hear a heartbeat at 116 bpm 💓. Baby is measuring 6 weeks. My lmp puts me at 6+4, but ovulation puts me at 6+1. It's given me a little piece of mind for vacation.

Hi ladies. Definitely having a day of doubt and concern/anxiety. Last Sat I felt like absolute garbage between fatigue and some mild back achiness. Didn't think much of the back achiness at the time as I've had 2 episode previously of this same achiness. Today I'm feeling... off. Having some sharpish pains and a little cramping. I'm not sure how much of that is uterine though as I also had a bought of (sorry, TMI) pretty significant and painful diarrhea episode and have been feeling kinda icky from that.

No bleeding. But two itty bitty pink streaks with wiping and that only happened once.

So I'm not sure what to think. When I had a MC before I KNEW what was happening. It hurt like heck and had me darn near doubled over from the intensity of the cramping. If that was a 7-8/10 pain I'd say today is a 1/10.... if that.

My appointment is on Friday so I'm half a mind to just wait until then.

Am I blowing this all out of proportion? Considering I've had it really easy all this time and my bean was seen on ultrasound with a nice string heart rate... could I just be experiencing an off day? Or is there potentially something more sinister going on? 😞

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->