October Pumpkins 2017

lilmiss - I can only hear mine with a full bladder at the mo, I guess it makes it easier to find for longer.

Had a good scan and saw the flashing heartbeat! Such a relief! They dated me at 7w1d, which is fine but she said it may change at the 12w scan. Only problem now is the midwife has no booking appointments until I'll be 11 weeks! Hopefully my pic upload ok... (p.s. It looks like I'm having a fish...)

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 12
Lovely scan Mrs B! :)
I see what you mean, looks like that's baby's nickname now haha.

We told our families over the weekend, and everyone is really excited! Everyone in Peter's family is predictig it'll be a girl. I think it'll be a boy.

Just had another visit to the GP this morning, and my bloods are excelent she says. Didn't actually say the numbers, but she said everything's really high and perfect. All this time since last Wednesday I've been waiting to hear my dating ultrasound date, either by phone or mail, and hadn't heard yet. Apparently they've been really backed up at my GP's office and didn't send the referral yet! lol. Oh well. I'm going back to her in 2 weeks, and she expects I'll have had my scan by then.

Yesterday I decided at the last minute not to carpool out to work with OH and call in sick. I just had a feeling I shouldn't. Sure enough, 3 minutes after I would have clocked in at work, I was puking. I then slept most of the day, waking to eat at 12:30ish and promptly fall back asleep until OH came home at 5:30. I stuck to a mostly-liquid diet all evening (fruit/veg juice, soup, icecream) and woke up STARVING this morning. Had to have a little snack when OH got up for work because I was too hungry to fall back asleep. Then I made porridge for breakfast an hour before my appointment and was ravenous again by the time I got home. Oh what fun this is :p

Orglethorp how exciting for telling family:) is it normal where you are to be seen so frequently?

MrsB very cute little fish!

Facethemusic I'm not great with Ramzi theory, I can't tell where the placenta is on your photo. You might try posting it in gender predictions as there are lots of Ladies there who are pretty talented with guessing:)

I think after my next appointment it'll become a once a month thing, which sounds reasonable to me. This is only my general family doctor though. I don't get to start seeing my OB until I'm at least 28 weeks along.

Orglethorp oh wow that is very different from where I am. In my hospital you start seeing a ob/midwife between. 10-12 weeks, and you usually see them once a month until the third trimester. Obviously different if you have complications of course.

I had a rough night last night. After feeling so poorly all day yesterday I was still feeling poorly at night. Went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 10:30 SERIOUSLY confused. I was STARVING and simultaneously still feeling poorly, hahaha. I couldn't figure out what my body wanted me to do so I got up and ate cheerios on the couch in the dark in my bathrobe, drinking OJ from the carton. Then went back to bed. Hahaha. Feel better today, but not yet 'normal'.

Tomorrow is my first midwife appointment! Can't wait! I'm hoping she'll use the Doppler to put my mind at ease. I'm not even sure which midwife I'm seeing as I had to change my appointments around a few times and they squeezed me in with the first midwife available within the 8-10 week gestation window.

Next week I go back for the official 'physical'. Whatever that entails....

The hunger nausea is real. I try to snack throughout the day, but I totally forgot until lunchtime today. I had to force myself to eat pizza because I was seriously hungry, but I also felt like puking. It stayed down at least.

It'll be so great when we are all out of the 1st trimester lol

I figure we can all relate to this one :haha:

Attachments

• 20170302_214309.jpg
    20170302_214309.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 9
Had what I think was my first migraine last night, it was awful I felt like I was going to throw up. Took one paracetamol to try and take the edge off but it didn't work, I've still got a headache this morning but I'm hoping it'll go so I don't have to take any more tablets, hope work will take my mind off of it :(

Had what I think was my first migraine last night, it was awful I felt like I was going to throw up. Took one paracetamol to try and take the edge off but it didn't work, I've still got a headache this morning but I'm hoping it'll go so I don't have to take any more tablets, hope work will take my mind off of it :(

Migraines are terrible, I'm sorry 😰🤕 I get them on occasion. I use ice on the base of my skull and over my face to ease the pain. That and caffeine, but since we can't use a lot of caffeine these days.... try the ice?

Ugh, those suck. I get them sometimes and the only thing that even touches it is combining acetaminophen & ibuprofen, but of course ibuprofen is not allowed during pregnancy (especially during the first trimester), so I think I'm screwed the next time I get one.

--

Really wishing I had a work from home job today. I called in sick again, 2nd shift this week. If I were working from home, though, I'd just give myself breaks when I need it, and there'd be no one around to witness runs to the toilet.

Mrs. B congrats on the great scan. I have to agree the pic looks a lot like a fish. I'm sure it will look a lot more like a baby come your next scan :)

Orglethorp, congrats on telling the family. Is this the first grandchild for either side? My husband wanted to tell his family on Tuesday after our second scan but I was only 7 weeks and I still don't want to tell anyone, plus it was my son's 3rd Bday so I didn't want to take away from his day. I'd like to wait until 12 weeks or our nuchal test is done. I'm originally from Newfoundland myself. What part do you live in?

MePride, sorry to hear you felt icky. Were you nauseous? That would be a first for you :) Good luck on the midwife appt today!

Nothing new on my end, I've had bouts of not wanting to eat anything. There was nothing that didn't turn my stomach, yet I wasn't nauseous. My next OB appt isn't until the 3rd week of March. That's a long time away!!!! I'm just going to wait a couple more weeks and try my Doppler.

I went in today for the cramps, headaches and mid back pain since Saturday. Only gestational sac and yolk sac was seen, therefore the the pregnancy is not considered viable until fetal pole and heartbeat is seen. I go back for second ultrasound next Thursday. According to lmp I'm 6+4 but according to cycle length and conception I'm 5+6. Doc said there's no due date at this point, I'm considered under 6 weeks. Based on the light test results at first and hgc levels I have faith I'm on the right track. Maybe even some faith that this is my girl. We shall see

Ugh, I hope you're feeling better soon saraaa.

Thanks, Med :) I'm having the same issue with not wanting to eat. But then the nausea gets bad as I get hungry!

Good luck next week, Babi! I was a few days earlier than you for my first scan, but I also only saw the gestational sac and yolk sac. I think seeing the yolk sac too is a really good sign.

Mrs. B congrats on the great scan. I have to agree the pic looks a lot like a fish. I'm sure it will look a lot more like a baby come your next scan :)

Orglethorp, congrats on telling the family. Is this the first grandchild for either side? My husband wanted to tell his family on Tuesday after our second scan but I was only 7 weeks and I still don't want to tell anyone, plus it was my son's 3rd Bday so I didn't want to take away from his day. I'd like to wait until 12 weeks or our nuchal test is done. I'm originally from Newfoundland myself. What part do you live in?

MePride, sorry to hear you felt icky. Were you nauseous? That would be a first for you :) Good luck on the midwife appt today!

Nothing new on my end, I've had bouts of not wanting to eat anything. There was nothing that didn't turn my stomach, yet I wasn't nauseous. My next OB appt isn't until the 3rd week of March. That's a long time away!!!! I'm just going to wait a couple more weeks and try my Doppler.

Nope! Wasn't nauseous in the least. It was all lower digestive system that was bugging me. Best way I can describe it is... I just felt toxic. I can't even tell you for certain what nausea and vomiting feels like. I haven't vomited since I was 12. And that was 19 years ago!!!! I can't remember the last time I felt nauseous...

So sorry to those struggling with symptoms right now! I woke up with acid reflux last night and had a sex dream so that's pretty par for the course with me LOL! I had nachos from Taco Bell after parent teacher conferences last night so that was probably the cause of the acid reflux. I ended up going on prilosec later in my pregnancy before so hopefully I can hold off on that for awhile.

I just printed off my information from my surgeon in Chicago to give to my obgyn at my next appointment. He is also going to give her a call to speak with her. I'm not certain she completely understands what a TAC is because a vaginal cerclage is what they would typically see. His information says he recommends biweekly cervix scans from 12-20 weeks so hopefully my obgyn will follow that! I'm getting a little apprehensive about needing a csection but that ship has sailed and I have no other choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->