October Pumpkins 2017

Ladies from England, how do you get your exemption card?
I'm sure with my son it just appeared in the post one day, but my friend that's got a 6 month old said she had to fill in a form that came in her pack from the midwife.
I didn't get anything in mine... and I have the dentist next month so I don't want to pay :haha:

At my booking in appointmenty midwife mentioned the card and I got it through the following week (8weeks) she seemed on the ball. Might be worth asking yours? It might be different in other areas?

If it hasn't come by the end of the week I'll call the docs and ask, my appointment was a week ago today so hopefully it'll come sometime this week!
I didn't have to fill in anything with my son, but I can't remember when it turned up 😕
The midwife also told me they don't listen to the heartbeat at all anymore, because the heartbeat only tells them the baby is alive 😕

Ladies struggling with morning sickness...are you taking any additional b vitamins? I have taken a vitamin b complex vitamin in addition to my prenatal for the last few years. I was given the go ahead to continue with the b complex during my pregnancy. I have noticed a huge difference on days after I forgot to take my b complex. I haven't thrown up at all but on days where I forgot the b complex the night before, I have a lot of nausea and just a general off feeling. It's always better the next day if I remember to take it. It might be worth checking into! I'm honestly not sure which of the b vitamins it is that is supposed to help because my vitamin has all the b vitamins in it.

Ladies from England, how do you get your exemption card?
I'm sure with my son it just appeared in the post one day, but my friend that's got a 6 month old said she had to fill in a form that came in her pack from the midwife.
I didn't get anything in mine... and I have the dentist next month so I don't want to pay :haha:

At my booking in appointmenty midwife mentioned the card and I got it through the following week (8weeks) she seemed on the ball. Might be worth asking yours? It might be different in other areas?

If it hasn't come by the end of the week I'll call the docs and ask, my appointment was a week ago today so hopefully it'll come sometime this week!
I didn't have to fill in anything with my son, but I can't remember when it turned up 😕
The midwife also told me they don't listen to the heartbeat at all anymore, because the heartbeat only tells them the baby is alive 😕

The NHS trust in your area must be different to mine, as my midwife has booked me at 16 weeks to hear the heartbeat?

Ladies struggling with morning sickness...are you taking any additional b vitamins? I have taken a vitamin b complex vitamin in addition to my prenatal for the last few years. I was given the go ahead to continue with the b complex during my pregnancy. I have noticed a huge difference on days after I forgot to take my b complex. I haven't thrown up at all but on days where I forgot the b complex the night before, I have a lot of nausea and just a general off feeling. It's always better the next day if I remember to take it. It might be worth checking into! I'm honestly not sure which of the b vitamins it is that is supposed to help because my vitamin has all the b vitamins in it.

B6 is the one for nausea. I'm not sure where you are, but in the states they've been recommending b6 and half a unisom for nausea the past few years, and now there is a med called diclegis on the market for morning sickness, which is basically b6 and unisom in an extended release form to reduce fatigue due to regular unisom.

This is really interesting. As a sufferer of severe morning sickness (and having to take prescription meds because of it) vitamin B6 alone never worked for me. I'd never thought about a vitamin B complex. I'm sure it couldn't hurt to try. My MS is easing now finally but I still have queasy moments and days where I feel worse than others. I really want to wean off my prescription meds so I think I might give the complex a try :)

Hi ladies, haven't been on the site in a while! Had a lot of catching up to do!!! Omg tats on all the ladies that have had appointments and scans!

Babifever- my thoughts are with you right now. I know you must be extremely anxious for your. Ext appointment just to get an answer!

AFM I just got back from my DH's funeral in D.C. It was shitty to say the least. But in good news I am 10wd. I'm sorry excited I've made it this far! I worry about going to my first appointment on Friday tho and having an US and them not finding anything. My morning sickness has been in full force so that has to be a good thing right?? Just looking for some reassurance! Thanks ladies :hugs:

Hi ladies, haven't been on the site in a while! Had a lot of catching up to do!!! Omg tats on all the ladies that have had appointments and scans!

Babifever- my thoughts are with you right now. I know you must be extremely anxious for your. Ext appointment just to get an answer!

AFM I just got back from my DH's funeral in D.C. It was shitty to say the least. But in good news I am 10wd. I'm sorry excited I've made it this far! I worry about going to my first appointment on Friday tho and having an US and them not finding anything. My morning sickness has been in full force so that has to be a good thing right?? Just looking for some reassurance! Thanks ladies :hugs:

I'm so sorry about your DH. :hugs:

I think telling ourselves that MS is a good sign (which it is) is one of the best ways to survive it! Anything that tells us baby is growing is at least reassuring, even though it's exhausting.

The way I combat nausea is by constantly eating. If my belly gets empty that's when I feel sick. Mine started around 6 weeks and it's been all day everyday since, which has only been a week but it is so hard dealing with feeling sick all the time. Also I haven't told my two sons that we are expecting another baby yet so they just think mama's been sick for a week.

Ladies I forgot to update you that I ended up having an early miscarriage with my October baby. Now pregnant with a November baby, extremely early days, all good vibes welcome. Best of luck with all your pregnancies!

Ladies I forgot to update you that I ended up having an early miscarriage with my October baby. Now pregnant with a November baby, extremely early days, all good vibes welcome. Best of luck with all your pregnancies!

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've got everything crossed for you and your little bean!

Calcifer I'm sorry for your loss and glad to hear the good news as well. Praying for a great healthy pregnancy for you!

I'm glad to see everyone is holding up.

Afm, anticipation is killing me, but I feel pretty confident that my doc was wrong and we will see a gummie bear with a heartbeat on Thursday. Wish me the best.

Gah! Bit of a rant here. DH and I were planning to announce this weekend to my parents so I asked if they'd like to go out to dinner. I didn't think they'd decline but they did because they wanted to go out for my brother's birthday the following weekend. But we can't announce on his birthday! Of course this present a bigger problem because I was planning on going out with a couple coworkers on Saturday for a late st Patrick's day get together.... they will KNOW something is up if I don't drink so I was planning on telling them that night by wearing a st Patrick's day shirt that said 'Irish I could drink' and then have baby footprints on the belly. I really don't want to tell my coworkers before my parents. It's the first grandkid on both sides of our family so I feel like they should know first. Gosh darn it! They just had to decline dinner when that's really the only opportunity to get together with them! Bah! Now I'm not sure what to do!

MEPride oh no! Maybe you could have them over for dinner then, if they're just not wanting to do the restaurant thing twice in two weekends?

This B-complex talk is interesting. I usually avoid taking supplemental B vitamins when I don't need them because I don't handle excess niacin/niacinimide well.

I think I'm going to have to Orglethorp. But since I don't get home from work until 7-8pm it's difficult to do any cooking for 6 people. I may just have to order pizza or something, haha. I am determined to make this happen! I think DH and I will just surprise them on Friday night with a couple pies and their "grandparent starter kit" that we put together.

MEPride- that's too bad that they declined! I agree with having them over to your house for pizza. If you try to surprise them you have to make sure they're home. That would be tricky with my parents.

We told my MIL a couple weeks ago bc we went on vacation with her and we knew she'd know something was up when I refused the airport scanners, didn't drink, and didn't go on thrill rides at Disneyland. We put a sticker on Nora's shirt that said, "I'm going to be a big sister!" We caught her reaction on video and it was awesome. My parents are trickier. I knew they'd assume something was up if we asked them to go to dinner. I told my mom right away last time, and my step-dad out at dinner later. This time we invited them over on the 20th, when I'll be about 9 weeks. We used the excuse that my step-dad says he never gets enough time with Nora, so we found a day everyone was available and he could play with Nora all evening. We were going to get her a onesie announcing the baby, but he and my mom will be arriving at different times, so it will be too difficult to conceal or change the shirt, so we're going to use the sticker again. We're planning to tell extended family at Easter. Again with the sticker since she'll be wearing an Easter dress and it will be too difficult to change midday. I suppose we could get her a t-shirt to put over the dress instead of a onesie. Of course this is all pending a good ultrasound tomorrow.

So sorry, Calcifer. I hope all goes well with this Nov baby :hugs:

Babi, GL for Thurs! I really hope you get good news!

Sorry, ME, that's a bummer! Can you visit them instead? Invite yourself over for the evening :p

How's work going Orglethorp?

How's everyone else getting on?

AFM, I had my booking appt today (I'm 8w6d). Generally was quite boring with lots of forms to fill out, but the midwife recommended a private scan place to try before our 12w scan, so I'm booked in for a reassurance scan this Sat! We saw baby and heartbeat at 7w1d, but this will be 9w3d so I'm hoping it'll really help reassure me that all is going well. Fingers crossed everything still looks good at the u/s! I've been getting some period like twinges, which I know are normal, but they've been making me very nervous today.

Good luck, calcifer. I hope this is your rainbow!

MEpride - So sorry to hear they declined. I hate when you have a time set to announce and then something goes wrong. Hopefully you'll be able to rearrange something soon.

Babi - Good luck on Thursday! Really hope you get to see/hear the heartbeat!

Orglethorp - Funny you should mention that because one of the symptoms of excessive Niacin is nausea, which contradicts the vitamin B complex. Idk. I'm coming off of Diclegis and have horrible withdraw symptoms from it (hard to sleep, nausea and lack of appetite) so I need something to help me cope until the withdraw symptoms ease off. I'm desperate so I think I will try it. It might work or it might not. We'll see.

Drjo - Good luck for your scan!

Mrs.B - Fx that baby is still doing well but I'm sure all is fine. Always nice to get reassured xx

Hi ladies do you mind if I join your group?

I have two other October babies and I believe my third will be born Oct 30 (scheduled c section likely)

I am still great friends with my 2014 "Bumpkins" we have since relocated our group to Facebook and the friendships I have formed with those ladies is so special to me- I am looking forward to another great group like that!

I go in for my first scan March 23

Nice to meet y'all!

MEpride - If you had them over for pizza, maybe you could have the pizza place make a pepperoni pizza with the word baby! written out with pepperoni or something! When we told my parents about our second baby (that we lost), we picked up italian take out and in the bag of dinners, we put a yellow baby bottle that said something like, "Plan now...you'll have 4 grandkids by Christmas," on it for them to find in the bag.

As for us, we haven't told our families yet. Honestly, I am not in a big hurry and I'm not sure why. We need to tell them because my parents have a vacation scheduled for August that we might need to move but I'm hesitant to tell. It's hard for me to explain. It isn't fear of telling them because I'm afraid of losing another baby, it's more because I'm not ready for them to worry. My close friends that I have told all know about my loss, but they aren't weird about this pregnancy. I can see my parents and in-laws being weird. For example, I can picture them being overly concerned like always asking how I am in a scared way or being freaked out for every single doctor's appointment. I feel like them stressing out will stress me out even more. I'm sure that doesn't even really make sense. I never expected to feel this way about sharing the news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->