October Pumpkins 2017

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted for ages. Hope you're all doing well. I've lost my baby. All was going well, I was even getting a bump. At 8 weeks I had some slight bleeding. We had a scan but everything was fine and there was a heartbeat and all looked healthy. The baby died a few days later and I found out at 9 weeks. We were so devastated. It's even more upsetting this time as we had seen the baby and heartbeat. I had surgery last week. I'm getting better physically but still exhausted and upset. I want to start trying again sooner than my husband. I think it would be easier to deal with the due date if I'm pregnant in October but my husband wants to wait a while as it's really affected him this time. It's all still raw at the moment so we'll have that discussion in a few weeks. Wishing you all the best with your pregnancies. Take care.

So sorry, Mrs D :hugs: Back in June we had an early miscarriage and had been due in Feb 2017... we found out about this pregnancy about 1 week before our due date and it really helped me. I had depression for about 3 months after the m/c so I was worried about reaching the due date. Take care of yourself :hugs:

Oh Mrs.D I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. I can imagine how much more devastating it would be to lose the baby after you've had a scan and saw the heartbeat. Can I ask whether the heartrate had been in normal range or was it weak when you had your scan? That was my fear this pregnancy as well after suffering a mmc last time. Please take care of yourself and hopefully both you and your husband will try again soon when you are both ready. Sending a hug to you.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, MrsD. 😢 I hope you recover quickly both physically and emotionally/psychologically. Please join us again when you are ready. A lot of us have been through what you're going through. There's always an understanding hug to be given on this board. ❤️

So sorry to hear that MrsD :( x

MrsD I am so sorry to hear this :hugs: I really hope he comes around soon so you can try again, I can't imagine how awful it must be for both of you but I agree that a rainbow baby would help things immensely. Take some time and I truly wish the best for you and your family.

Sorry to hear that MrsD:hugs:

I got my results back for my 12 week Down's syndrome etc testing.. and we are very low risk! So that was good news for us.

Hubby gave me a card today (UK Mother's Day) from our little bump. Which was very cute!
We announced to everyone yesterday and got very good reactions! My MIL cried with happiness and my FIL keep saying "I'm going to be a grandad!" Perfect!

I got my results back for my 12 week Down's syndrome etc testing.. and we are very low risk! So that was good news for us.

Hubby gave me a card today (UK Mother's Day) from our little bump. Which was very cute!
We announced to everyone yesterday and got very good reactions! My MIL cried with happiness and my FIL keep saying "I'm going to be a grandad!" Perfect!

Yay for good news! :happydance: So glad the announcement went over so well too!

Great news that baby is low risk for everything! I'm glad to hear that your announcement went well :)

Happy mother's day to you!

No the heart rate was normal. Everything looked completely fine and healthy, which is why it was even more of a shock. My husband and my daughter were both ill with a virus the same weekend the baby died, so we don't know if it was linked to that. I guess we'll never know. It just seems so cruel that it happened after we got our hopes up that everything was ok. Thank you. Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy.

Oh Mrs.D I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. I can imagine how much more devastating it would be to lose the baby after you've had a scan and saw the heartbeat. Can I ask whether the heartrate had been in normal range or was it weak when you had your scan? That was my fear this pregnancy as well after suffering a mmc last time. Please take care of yourself and hopefully both you and your husband will try again soon when you are both ready. Sending a hug to you.

So sorry to hear of your loss, Mrs d. :hugs:

Afm, stopped bleeding Friday evening. Talked to the midwife today and she's ordering another ultrasound for me. So we'll try to do that on Tuesday or Wednesday. I can only catch baby's heartbeat occasionally on the doppler, but I can hear loads of movement (yes I know it's the baby, I'm am L&D nurse). So for now that's my only reassurance. I'm back on weight restrictions of 20lbs, so my coworkers may find out sooner than later since I can't move patients.

I'm having a day of doubt today. Well, the last few days. I'm almost in the 2nd trimester so I know the loss of symptoms is normal but I'm still having doubts as to whether the baby is okay. I never really had a lot of symptoms to begin with (thankfully) but now that my breasts aren't all that sore anymore I feel like I have no way of KNOWING that things are progressing well.

I have 2 weeks until my next prenatal appointment. It feels like forever away. Has anyone else ever felt that way? I have no reason to feel this way. I guess I've felt this way since we announced to family. It made the pregnancy so much more real and the possibility of something going wrong much scarier.

MEPride I'm with you on that. I kept holding off on announcing publicly because of the risk of miscarriage (I've had 4 losses in the past) and was afraid that I'd somehow jinx it if I announced. I finally did today but it was only because people were starting to guess and my DD's birthday is on the 5th of April. I'm typically a small framed girl so any amount of weight shows on me and I figured it won't be much longer until it is obvious. However, now I've been scrutinizing every little ache and pain, second guessing announcing and hoping against hope that all turns out for the best. I know that isn't helpful but I wanted to let you know that you're not the only one :hugs:

In reality the risk of loss at this point is very, very slim but it still doesn't help the feelings of dread.

MEpride I feel the same, I know my baby is alive because I can hear it's heart and it moving around on the Doppler. But I don't feel pregnant at all... I laid in bed this morning and thought how "normal" I feel, my sickness had gone by like 7/8 weeks and so had the sore boobs, I'm a bit bloated but that's it lol. X
3 days to go until the scan! :happydance:

Oh and is anyone else suffering back pain? I've had this sciatica like pain since 8 weeks, my midwife said it's probably from everything getting ready and softening up and that I could self refer to physio. But this pain is awful, it shoots right down my right bum cheek especially in the evening when I walk around or when driving! Literally makes me stop in my place and take the weight off it 😣

Backpain, yes. I expected mild lower back pain, similar to before/during my period, but what surprised me is I get random upper back pains too. I do have a pretty physical job, but the times I get this new upper back pain don't seem to have any pattern to them, and it's a different pain than a strain.

I've been getting mild achey lower back pain on and off, but I did have a moment of sciatica pain this weekend. I've had sciatica before so I won't be surprised if it gets worse as the weeeks go on :/ Hits me most when walking too and I either start limping or have to stop and rest. Morning sickness has changed a little for me today too... was getting evening and night nausea but it now seems the nausea isn't quite as strong, but it's there all day and i keep feeling like I'm going to throw up (haven't so far). I think I'm probably around the peak HCG though, so I guess it's not unexpected. Just counting down the days until the 12 week scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->