October Pumpkins 2017

Great scan for me today, my dates were perfect and confirmed at 10th October.

I can't wait to tell my boys when DH finishes work tonight!

Attachments

• IMG_4715.jpg
    IMG_4715.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 17
What a great scan! My little bean is all curled up, so the legs aren't so distinct.

Saara, such a cute announcement!

Oglethorp congrats on the great scan!!!! We're only 1-3 days away from each other.

KRobbo, great scan for you as well!!!! Was that your nuchal scan? I love seeing all the pictures!

Lovely scans!! Got another week to wait for mine :)

How much did you ladies drink before you scans? I've got a 1ltr bottle of water, that's enough right? Lol.
I can't remember how much you're meant to drink!

Mediterranean- that is the name of the private company we went with. It's lovely though. My official NHS scan is Monday but DH can't come, as he's self employed paying for this reassurance scan was actually cheaper than him taking the day off.

I've had so many scans with my previous pregnancies and this is the best quality by far. We've just had all 13 scan pics out comparing the babies and I have two very excited boys. DS1 spoke to my bump and kissed it. This baby has a different look to my boys in their scan pics but it may just be that it's not fuzzy!

Saara- we have a plan for an announcement with DS1 being the teacher at the white board and DS2 as the student. The board will say 'Today's lesson: How to be a big brother. Final test: October 2017' I want to do it now but it's been a busy overwhelming day and I'm exhausted!

Orglethorpe- lovely scan too. You can't beat that first scan x

Saraa- if you are passed 12 weeks a full bladder is less important. So that should be fine x

My appointment letter said to drink 1 litre, but I've got a tiny tank to begin with, so I knew I wouldn't survive :p I measured exactly half the required amount into an empty pop bottle, waited until we were in the parkinglot (55 minutes before my scan time), downed it, and then found a washroom as soon as I got int the doors so that only what I just drank would be in my bladder by scan time. I brought my usual sports-cap filter bottle to sip on in case they were busy and my time was delayed, because eventually I'd get thirsty anyway, but it wasn't necessary.

Is anyone else feeling depressed? I planned this pregnancy but now im feeling totally depressed and im not excited about the pregnancy anymore.

Wonderful scans, ladies! Your LO's look great! I can't wait to see my LO again! It won't quite be a gummy bear the next time.

Last day in the first trimester! I can't believe it but I am looking forward to waking up tomorrow and saying out loud "I'm in the second trimester! We made it!"

Such lovely scan photos ladies, so glad everything is looking great :happydance:

MEPride: Congrats on being so close to 2nd tri already!

Saraa - Love the announcement! Clever way to do it. As to your question about how much water to drink before a scan, I usually drink a bottle of water about 1-2 hours before I go in and that is always enough. Sometimes it is too much and they are asking me to empty my full bladder halfway through lol.

Lovely scans, Oglethorp and KRobbo! I know it is still early but do either of you have a hunch as to what you're having yet?

Congrats on reaching that major milestone, MEPride. You will finally be able to join me on "the other side" ;)

Thanks ladies!

Lilmiss - with my sons 12 week scan I had to go release some because the sonographer said I was crushing him lol.

It's now 3:30am here and for the first time in ages my son has woken up upset because he wants his toy, I said what toy do you want?? But he doesn't know :dohh: hopefully I can get back to sleep soon or it's gonna be a very long day lol

I'll have my first appointment on Monday at 10+5 ... what do you ladies think ? How early did you have your first appointments? xx

I'm in a similar position as you – I'm 10w1d and called to make my midwife booking appointment when I was 5 weeks, but they can't fit me in until I'm 11 weeks! It's my first pregnancy, and the delay is making me worry about how late it'll be before I finally get a scan date as apparently it could be 14 weeks or later – too late for the nuchal fold test. :nope:

It makes everything feel less real!

I'm in a similar position as you – I'm 10w1d and called to make my midwife booking appointment when I was 5 weeks, but they can't fit me in until I'm 11 weeks! It's my first pregnancy, and the delay is making me worry about how late it'll be before I finally get a scan date as apparently it could be 14 weeks or later – too late for the nuchal fold test. :nope:

It makes everything feel less real!

That's ridiculous! If you ring at 5 they should be able to get you in before 11! I rang at 7 and they couldn't get me in until 11 and they decided to create me an extra appointment instead, so I did see them at about 9 weeks. She didn't seem to have concerns with availability of upcoming scan appointments, so they should be able to get you in at the right time. They're normally pretty good at slotting in ultrasounds though, so if you want the nuchal fold test, they ought to get you one before 14 weeks.

We had our scan, everything looked great, my due date has changed to 8th October.

Attachments

• IMG_2303.jpg
    IMG_2303.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 9
Is anyone else feeling depressed? I planned this pregnancy but now im feeling totally depressed and im not excited about the pregnancy anymore.

I've been feeling quite depressed and this pregnancy was planned. I'm not sure if it's because I've been feeling so rough with fatigue and sickness since 6 weeks and I feel like I'm being a crap partner because I always feel sick and tired. Just hoping it gets easier from 14 weeks like last time.
Hope you feel better soon x

Lovely scan, Crazybird!

My anxiety is creeping back up today. Got another week until my 12 week scan and it's getting to me. Really want to know everything's ok, and really want to be able to tell family! Almost bought a Doppler, but I haven't yet because I know there's a risk we won't find the heartbeat (or mistake it for something else) and that's not going to make me feel any better.

I understand how you feel MrsB. My anxiety has been creeping up these last 2 weeks because I feel so 'normal'. I've been so tempted to buy a Doppler but haven't because I know I'll just freak out more if I don't find the heartbeat. Like you, I only have 1 more week until my next appointment so I'll be able to hear the heartbeat then. Hopefully that'll give me enough reassurance to carry me over for another 4 weeks.

To the ladies who have been pregnant before. Is 14 weeks to early to feel fetal movement? I was lying on my back last night, very still and felt a very gentle, subtle poke. Almost like the tip of a finger gently tapping. It happened twice and that was it. But I feel like 14 weeks is way too early, especially for a first time successful pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->