October Pumpkins 2017

I have the most unbelievable mid to upper back pain. I started getting them around 12 weeks. Anyone else has this problem? At first I thought it was because I was so sick and spent the most part of 6 weeks in bed but the pain is not easing up at all.

I've been having a lot of lower back pain. I had to see a chiropractor in one of my previous pregnancies because of back pain and SPD. I have to say that it helped a ton! I'd highly recommend mentioning it to your doctor at your next appointment and maybe they can refer you to one. Other than that, Tylenol is safe to take and my doctor told me that a heating pad on the area is ok since it is on the opposite side of your baby, as long as you don't leave it on so long that it starts raising your body temperature. You can also try a warm bath if you haven't already.

Med - Ultrasound is so close now! Can't wait for your big announcement :)

Angel - Glad to hear you're feeling movement! The big ultrasound will be here before you know it, I'm sure. Are you hoping for a girl or a boy?

How do you ladies get the logo at the bottom of your signatures keeping track of how far along you are? I swear I'm not computer illiterate by any means but I can't figure it out!

How do you ladies get the logo at the bottom of your signatures keeping track of how far along you are? I swear I'm not computer illiterate by any means but I can't figure it out!

If you click on one of them it'll take you to the website "thebump" I think it is, or you can just google pregnancy tickers and you'll get a code to post on forums that you add to your signature

If you click on one of them it'll take you to the website "thebump" I think it is, or you can just google pregnancy tickers and you'll get a code to post on forums that you add to your signature

Thanks Saraaa!

Lindsay, my EDD actually changed from Oct.17 to Oct 12 :) Yeah for being further along :happydance:

Mine is also 8th of October now a day further than I thought lol :pink:

Hi all if you want adding to the FB group it's Stephanie Slocum you need to add. I think people may be adding the wrong person x

I'm back home from our whirwind trip to BC for 2 grad ceremonies and a wedding... and sick. OH picked up something on our flights out there. We didn't notice anyone sick near us on the plane and he didn't use the onboard lavatory on any of the flights, so he must've picked up something from a previous passenger off the tray tables. Then he shared it with me while we were in BC. I don't know if I genuinely lasted 3 days before I got it, or if I was just too stubborn to be sick while my family was celebrating, but I literally started getting sick on the car ride home from the wedding (last event we were there for). Just in time for both of us to fly home all stuff up. Thankfully all 3 flights on the way home were smooth and on time and we were able to nap for most of it! So now, since I don't want to risk harming baby's growth, I'm sitting on my couch feeling like a slightly fevered ball of snot instead of pushing through at work under the haze of cold medication. OH can take all the cold medicine he wants, so he did go to work, but when I finally decided to migrate from the bed to the couch and stopped in the kitchen on the way, I noticed he forgot his lunch.

I've also learned that pregnant + jetlagged + sick = crying about leaving my family for 10 hours before boarding time. It's always tough to leave after visiting my family, even though I could never go back to living with them, but man was I a mess on Monday! I'm 29 and quite used to my living situation on the other side of the country, I swear!

I think I have everyone updated on page one. I know there are a lot of ladies that aren't still active on this thread. If you know of anyone who may have left, due to a loss or other reasons, just let me know.

GTT for me in the morning - this will be my third and I am fully expecting a diagnosis of gestational diabetes. I'm. Not looking forward to 14 hours of no food though - especially as I have to do the school run before the first blood test.

I'm also really feeling the hormones today! I'm exhausted and just plain angry!! I was never like this with the boys, it's one of the reasons I suspected a girl this time.

Sorry you've been unwell Orglethorpe.

That's really rough Orglethorp. Hope you get well really soon.

I had my obs appointment today. All is well and baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead. I'm not changing my due date because my daughter's growth tracked the same but came closer to my EDD according to LMP.

The doctor tried his hardest to get a gender but couldn't get a clear view. Daughter was the same way. Didn't get a confirmed gender until I did 3D anatomy scan. He believes he is seeing girl parts though. On that note I'm travelling to Washington DC next week for 2 weeks and was wondering if I could and should get a 3D/4D ultrasound while there. And does anyone know the cost? I don't live in the US so it'll be a private scan entirely paid for by me.

I think I have everyone updated on page one. I know there are a lot of ladies that aren't still active on this thread. If you know of anyone who may have left, due to a loss or other reasons, just let me know.

I'm not gone, but my due date is an early November one instead of late October like I originally thought. So, I'm an in-betweener reading the posts here and reading the posts on the November thread. But, you can take me off the front page if you'd like, seeing as my due date is for sure November 4.

Orglethorpe - What a horrible experience! I hope you feel better soon. My OB told me that there are a lot of super bugs going around this year that just won't seem to die off.

KRobbo - Good luck with your test! I personally find that the worst test during pregnancy only because, even after numerous pregnancies, I'm still a baby when it comes to needles :oops:

Jumik - That sucks that you weren't able to get a clear view :( I'm not sure about DC but I know private scans around here (I'm in Ohio) typically run $50-$150 depending upon how much take home material you want, like just pictures of the ultrasound or if you want a video of the ultrasound. Also 3D ultrasounds are usually more expensive than 2D.

EBAUERHAUS - I'm sure the ladies on here don't mind :) I'm technically due late September so I'm an "in-betweener" as well however I like this group so much better than the September one. Lots of support on here compared to the September group.

AFM I'm still experiencing occasional sickness, mostly at night. Is it ever going to go away? Ugh! We have a trip next week and I'm really hoping it is completely gone by then. It just keeps hanging around. I do find that I'm typically sicker with boys than girls for some weird reason. I'm waiting for the day when my appetite comes back full force again.

Hi Ladies hope everyone is well. I've had a bit of back ache past couple days not sure if its just my posture so really trying hard to sit straight at all times.

I have the midwife tomorrow morning really hopping she will use the doppler and let me hear the heartbeat as haven't heard it yet and then have private scan on Sunday so hopefully find out gender then x

GTT done and my goodness I was hungry at the end of it. I just inhaled a smoked salmon sandwich and I'm contemplating another!

Littlemiss- it is a horrible test. This is my third and I have a feeling I'll be doing it again this pregnancy as I think my results will be ok for now. Also I expect I'll have a September baby as I'm usually induced around 38 weeks.

Amanda - are you UK? If so they don't listen to HB at 16 weeks anymore. They did 6 years ago with my first but I dont think they do it as routine until 24 weeks though. It can't hurt to ask though especially if you have a nice midwife, mines a total jobsworth or I'm being process like cattle at the Haematology clinic so no luck for me. I have my own Doppler but I'm so impatient I rarely find it.

I'm feeling much less hormonal today and I've been planning our summer holiday camping trip.

GTT done and my goodness I was hungry at the end of it. I just inhaled a smoked salmon sandwich and I'm contemplating another!

Littlemiss- it is a horrible test. This is my third and I have a feeling I'll be doing it again this pregnancy as I think my results will be ok for now. Also I expect I'll have a September baby as I'm usually induced around 38 weeks.

Amanda - are you UK? If so they don't listen to HB at 16 weeks anymore. They did 6 years ago with my first but I dont think they do it as routine until 24 weeks though. It can't hurt to ask though especially if you have a nice midwife, mines a total jobsworth or I'm being process like cattle at the Haematology clinic so no luck for me. I have my own Doppler but I'm so impatient I rarely find it.

I'm feeling much less hormonal today and I've been planning our summer holiday camping trip.

KRobbo - yes i'm UK aw do they not :( my daughter is 5 next year so i'm a little out the loop, one of my friends has a doppler so has said i can borrow so if the midwife is not forthcoming then i can try and find it myself on that - thanks for the heads up :)

AFM I'm still experiencing occasional sickness, mostly at night. Is it ever going to go away? Ugh! We have a trip next week and I'm really hoping it is completely gone by then. It just keeps hanging around. I do find that I'm typically sicker with boys than girls for some weird reason. I'm waiting for the day when my appetite comes back full force again.

I'm right with you on the occasional sickness and more so at nights. I wasn't like this for my last pregnancy. There was a clear cut end to it all at 14 weeks. But not this time. I'm hoping it ends for my trip next week too.

I'm not gone, but my due date is an early November one instead of late October like I originally thought. So, I'm an in-betweener reading the posts here and reading the posts on the November thread. But, you can take me off the front page if you'd like, seeing as my due date is for sure November 4.

No problem! I updated your date on the list. No need to boot you out! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->