October Pumpkins 2017

Orglethorp: Sorry you are sick, I hope you feel better ASAP :hugs:

Jumik: Glad all is well with baby but must be so frustrating not knowing the gender after the scan.

lilmisscaviar: Hope you feel better soon, especially for your trip!

Doing well over here except I feel tired all the time again, seems I'm either exhausted all the time or can't sleep or both. I felt proper baby kicks last night though while I was lying down watching TV, very soft kicks and only a couple but it is the best feeling :cloud9: Can't wait until it becomes more frequent and noticeable.

Had my midwife appointment all fine with me and she used doppler to hear to baby's heartbeat said she might not hear very much but right away she round it and was really clear and loud even the midwife was shocked

That's great Amanda! So glad you got to hear baby x

GTT done and my goodness I was hungry at the end of it. I just inhaled a smoked salmon sandwich and I'm contemplating another!

Littlemiss- it is a horrible test. This is my third and I have a feeling I'll be doing it again this pregnancy as I think my results will be ok for now. Also I expect I'll have a September baby as I'm usually induced around 38 weeks.

Amanda - are you UK? If so they don't listen to HB at 16 weeks anymore. They did 6 years ago with my first but I dont think they do it as routine until 24 weeks though. It can't hurt to ask though especially if you have a nice midwife, mines a total jobsworth or I'm being process like cattle at the Haematology clinic so no luck for me. I have my own Doppler but I'm so impatient I rarely find it.

I'm feeling much less hormonal today and I've been planning our summer holiday camping trip.

KRobbo - yes i'm UK aw do they not :( my daughter is 5 next year so i'm a little out the loop, one of my friends has a doppler so has said i can borrow so if the midwife is not forthcoming then i can try and find it myself on that - thanks for the heads up :)

I'm in the UK ( Cornwall) and my midwife did the HB at my 16 week appointment :)

I'm in the uk to and the midwife listened to the heartbeat at 16 weeks. It's so reassuring to hear.

We're not having our 20 week scan till 7th June and I'll be 22 weeks. Ages away. Is anyone else having there's that late. I want to know the gender so I can start buying stuff.

Orglethorp: Sorry you are sick, I hope you feel better ASAP :hugs:

Jumik: Glad all is well with baby but must be so frustrating not knowing the gender after the scan.

lilmisscaviar: Hope you feel better soon, especially for your trip!

Doing well over here except I feel tired all the time again, seems I'm either exhausted all the time or can't sleep or both. I felt proper baby kicks last night though while I was lying down watching TV, very soft kicks and only a couple but it is the best feeling :cloud9: Can't wait until it becomes more frequent and noticeable.

Im over 18 wks, bary feel anything. Third time mom. Honestly wonder if something is wrong with my baby. My placenta is not in the way either. So jealous of you to get to feel baby move.

Sounds like you all have nicer midwives than mine! She would not even entertain the idea of using the Doppler at 16 weeks. It kind of makes me glad I'm high risk and am unlikely to see her again!!

My midwife said they no longer listen to heart beat and gave me a leaflet on it because all it will tell them is that the baby is alive 😕
I'm from the uk, in Suffolk.
Glad I've got my own doppler lol, I know not to use it for reassurance if I feel something is wrong but it's nice to have heard baby from 8 weeks loud and clear! :)

Crazy bird, my gender scan is June 6! We just happened to see parts when we did the nuchal scan, so we think boy. I'm not announcing to anyone til after the true gender and anatomy scan, though.

Sorry for not being on too much recently. It's been very stressful at home. My mother, who has lupus, started getting sick 2 weeks ago. One week ago she was admitted to the hospital where she deteriorated quickly. She had diverticulitis, a perforated bowel, and obstructed colon. The doctor made her wait for surgery, saying it would get better. He missed something on her bloodwork. Another doctor stepped in after 3 days of agonizing pain. She had stopped urinating; her abdomen was swollen and collecting fluid like a person 15 months pregnant.... she was dying. The new doctor saw this and took her in for emergency surgery where she almost didn't make it. Her body was so stressed she had cardiac problems. After surgery she was out for almost 24 hours. But she has finally turned a corner for the better and should hopefully be out of the ICU soon. Needless to say I've barely slept or ate. The stress was causing me to cramp up to the point where I had to leave work early. Saw my mw and heard the heart beat. All is well there.

We are all trying to recover as best we can. It should not have gotten as bad as it did.

For now the cramping has subsided along with a lot of the stress. There is hope yet that she will make it. But she won't be in any condition to do anything for a long while, including going to my 20 week ultrasound in a week.

I may yet be absent from the forum for a while... but I thought I should let you all know why

Hello everybody! I'm new in this forum, and expecting first child (my EDD:
16 October).

Will you relocate this thread in 2nd trimester?
Thank you!

Oh MePride, I'm sooooo sorry to hear about your mom :(
Thank goodness that Dr saw the issue and she's doing better! Praying for a speedy recovery for her

We had our gender reveal party last night and....... it's a GIRL!!!!!
I freaked out! I'm over the moon excited!!!!

Passiflora- Welcome! I don't think threads can be moved without flagging down a moderator. People seem much chattier here in the 1st trimester board anyway :p Just subscribe to the thread if you're worried you'll lose it.

OH is counting down to our next scan <3 He's so excited to find out if we're expecting a boy or a girl!

Went back to work today after 9 days off (6 for travel to visit family, 3 for sick). I'm feeling my usual worked too much round ligament complaints, but my abs in general are sore and complaining. I don't know if this is "you didn't work for a week, what the heck!" soreness, or "you're a whole extra week along, deal with it" soreness.

We had our gender reveal party last night and....... it's a GIRL!!!!!
I freaked out! I'm over the moon excited!!!!

Passiflora- Welcome! I don't think threads can be moved without flagging down a moderator. People seem much chattier here in the 1st trimester board anyway :p Just subscribe to the thread if you're worried you'll lose it.

OH is counting down to our next scan <3 He's so excited to find out if we're expecting a boy or a girl!

Went back to work today after 9 days off (6 for travel to visit family, 3 for sick). I'm feeling my usual worked too much round ligament complaints, but my abs in general are sore and complaining. I don't know if this is "you didn't work for a week, what the heck!" soreness, or "you're a whole extra week along, deal with it" soreness.

Thanks for the quick response! Hope you get well soon! I still have sickness, and it was never just a morning sickness. But right now I feel much better.
Do you still ride your horse?

l have a problem with gas. Maybe someone here can help me with a good advice. Tums and gas-x don't work for me.:nope:

Do you still ride your horse?

The gentleman in my avatar is sadly not mine, but I ride him when I get the chance! I had horses growing up, and I really miss it. This guy is owned by a stable that does lessons & day-leases for trail rides out where my mother lives. We've been riding with them since I was 15, and he's been my usual partner ever since my main mare Flicka got too old and was retired from everything except the gentlest of short session little kid lessons, about 5 years back. His name is Bonanza :) My mom and I usually still ride together whenever I visit, but being pregnany and having so many other things to accomplish when OH and I visited last weekend, we didn't make it out there. Maybe next summer.

I find it ironic that my mother thinks I shouldn't ride now, at 17 weeks, anyway. She rode during her first pregnancy (me) up until 6 months! She then had me in the saddle in front of her as soon as I could hold my own head up. I guess years and a second kid have made her more concerned :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->