October Pumpkins 2017

Beautiful bumps ladies!!! Yeah ME for Mom doing better!!! Are you finding out gender? My anatomy scan is on Friday too!!!

Here's mine last night at 17+5. (I used my 'beginning of the week sign') I feel like I'm smaller today!?

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpg
    IMG_0883.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 13
Beautiful bumps ladies!!! Yeah ME for Mom doing better!!! Are you finding out gender? My anatomy scan is on Friday too!!!

Here's mine last night at 17+5. (I used my 'beginning of the week sign') I feel like I'm smaller today!?

Yes! We are finding out gender! Super excited!! Everyone on both sides would like to see a girl but everyone on both sides thinks it is a boy! We will see sooooon! So excited!

Loving all the bump pics, this is my bump few weeks ago @ 15 + 4

Attachments

• IMG_4107.jpg
    IMG_4107.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 5
I just had a call from the midwife at the hospital and I have to go and pick up my blood glucose monitor as I have gestational diabetes again. I knew this would happen but it still sucks. It was nice having 18 weeks without loads of appointments.

Sorry to hear that KRobbo 😢

I've been taking a low dose of metformin throughout my pregnancy because of my PCOS diagnosis pre-pregnancy. Do you have to go on insulin, metformin, or just simply alter your diet and monitor?

Not looking forward to THAT test in a few weeks....

Hi Ladies, very late to join in and hope I may?

I am due 4 November, my OB however strongly believes baby will be here before end October :)

Of course - hi Nita!

Me - I was on insulin both previous pregnancies. Currently my results are borderline so they only want me to monitor my bs levels. This is an improvement to my last pregnancy as I was on insulin by 10 weeks. This time round I am not working full time. And I have spent years now educating myself on diet so I really hope I can manage with diet alone. If I can't I won't be upset though - well maybe only a little moan and then move on!

I hope your GTT goes well and is clear for you x

Love the bump updates.. I never get bored of staring at bumps :haha:

Here is mine at 19 weeks. I have been monitored for high BP due to pre eclampsia in my last pregnancy, but all is well! So I'm pleased!

Anatomy scan is in just over a week when I'm 20+4. But we're staying team yellow.

Attachments

• IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1
Lots of lovely bumps, ladies! I have a b-shaped belly to start with and my organs are making the top half pop up and out. People already want to touch my belly and I'm like "uhhh, that's my stomach and intestines smashed up there".

Meditteranean: I found out I was team pink with my NIPT, but they visually confirmed it at the scan. <3 I'm super excited.

KRobbo: That's a super big bummer on the GD diagnosis. I didn't even know they tested that early, but I guess it makes sense to check if you had it before. Did they catch it on a urine test? I worry bunches that I'll wind up with it as I have a large # of risk factors (age, weight, my mother has Type I).

Lovely bumps everyone!

Welcome back, Conundrum, and welcome, Nita!

Ugh, sorry KRobbo :( That really sucks :(

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow at 18+1. When they called today to remind me I asked if I was showing to be earlier than 18 weeks would they have to repeat the scan. She said yes and they try to book 19-20 weeks for that reason. I told her I am only 18 weeks and she strongly advised me to change it. The problem is between mine and my husbands schedules I can only book at 18+5 which is not that much further ahead or go by myself which I dont' want to do. I really dont' mind having to possibly get another scan but I just want them to see everything clearly and not risk that things would be better later on but not rebook me. When I booked it, the receptionist had no issue with me booking at 18+1.

I am still a worry wart about everything this pregnancy.

Verily - my midwife didn't want to test until 28 weeks but the consultant insisted it was done by 18 weeks due to my history. Unfortunately I get it bad with insulin required x4 daily. I really hope you don't get it. My only risk factor is my dad has type 2. I'm middle bmi and relatively fit so unfortunately the genes are strong in me! However I am doing much better than last time as I was on insulin by 10 weeks and they only want me to monitor so far as my results are borderline.

Thanks for the sympathy though guys it makes me feel better. I've just completed my first pregnancy hiit class to try and combat it with exercise and I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

Me- how confident are you of your dates? If you're really confident I would go and not worry, I'm sure they'll see what they need.

KRobbo, your GD sounds much better this time around. Fingers crossed you won't need the insulin this time. Thanks for the reassurance. I hope it goes good.

I took OPK's so I know by them bumping me ahead 5 days after my nuchal scan, my due date is where I thought it should be within a day or two. (I could have ovulated the day I got the + or within 2 days)

Verily, how far along were you when you had your scan? Do you mind strangers touching your bump?

verily: Sorry you haven't been feeling so well :hugs: Glad to hear your baby is looking good!

Orglethorp: Yay for a bump! Glad to hear your wedding dress will fit as expected.

MEPride: Glad to hear your mom is doing better, hope she gets to go home soon. Lovely bump! I bet you are super excited about the scan, good luck!

KRobbo: Sorry you have to deal with GD :hugs:

Nita: Welcome!

Med: Hopefully you will get good results from the scan and they can see what they need to but if not hopefully they'll rebook it ASAP!

Lovely bumps ladies, so nice to see everyone starting to pop now! Here is where I'm at at 18w4d (sorry it's a little blurry).

https://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/6/5/2/2/5/0/webimg/948511531_o.jpg

Anatomy scan in exactly 2 weeks and my 3rd appointment is on Monday. I'll be 20w4d for my scan, so excited! Hoping by 20w or so I'll be able to feel baby kick from the outside so I can share the experience with hubby but until then I'm so grateful to be feeling kicks every day now :happydance:

Thank you for the welcome :) I love seeing the bumps... I have a small bump - which looks like I eat all my husbands food :haha: (he is very skinny) I hope it will pop into a proper bump soon.

I have my 16 week appointment in 2 weeks (which seems like a rather rare appointment since most women seem to go at 12 and then 20 weeks) any ways, will it be too soon to ask my OB about the gender? Should I rather wait for the 20 week appointment to ask? 3 of my friends told me they knew already by 16 weeks, and another friend she had to wait for 20 weeks :?

Welcome Nita! A lot of people find out earlier than 20 weeks if they get certain genetic testing done that automatically detects the baby's sex. Others book a private scan to find out the sex. In most instances (at least in the states) you won't find out until week 20 when you get an anatomy scan and ask for the baby's sex.

But the longer you wait the more accurate they will be about telling you the sex of the baby

20 min until my anatomy and gender scan!! So excited and nervous!!!! &#128518;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->