October Pumpkins 2017

If you actually at 16weeks at your scan, you absolutely can ask for gender and be fairly confident in the answer. Gender reading is accurate starting from 16 weeks in most cases. If you end up measuring a little behind what you thought, though, and you're not quite 16w, it might not be accurate.

Meditteranean: I was 18w1d with my anatomy scan. I've always had pretty standard cycles, and the baby was measuring right on track at 12 weeks, so there was no concern about doing a scan too early. The perinatologist wants to see me every 6 weeks, so that put me on the early end of doing an anatomy scan (which is done somewhere 18-22 weeks). I guess I'm considered high risk due to my age and they want to play it safe.

I mind currently when people try to touch my stomach because I know how low the baby is sitting and everyone wants to put their hand high. I won't mind when I'm much further along.

MePride: I hope your anatomy scan goes well and the baby cooperates the entire time!

Thanks for the advice regarding the gender :) my appointment will be when I am 16+4 so hopefully we find out then. My next appointment after that should be just before I am 21 weeks, I guess thats when I will get my anatomy scan :)

Thanks verily! I was 18+1 today and my scan measuremed me at 18+2 so right on track. And she confirmed GIRL!!! My placenta is on the belly side so I haven't been feeling distinct kicks yet.

MePride, how did your appointment go?

Congrats Med! I think we have swung the balance to more girls now??

Congratulations on team pink Verily and Mediterranean!

K I am sorry about the GD. FX it stays manageable

ME FX LO is cooperative and you had a lovely scan

Anatomy scan went great today!! Measuring on the slightly larger side of normal, which is not unexpected. I'm the shortest in my family at 5'8". DH is 6'2". I have a cousin at 6'8" and DH's family are all 6'0" and up.

And we are officially..........

TEAM PINK!! It's a girl!

And she was not shy about it! She had the sonographers laughing. She has been taking my prenatal yoga very seriously. Feet were up by her face, one arm by her head, and one by her butt, her head was turned away and though she was moving around she did NOT want to change positions!!!

And my suspicions were confirmed. I have an anterior placenta which is why the kicks I've been feeling haven't gotten stronger and I never feel them in the center. I'm amazed that I've been feeling kicks at all, let alone since week 14!!!

We are so in love and super excited about a girl!

Woke up to find that awful cold is trying to come back to round 2. Ugh. I was at a friend's daughter's 1st birthday, and both the mother and one of the young cousins were coughing all over the place, so I had a feeling I'd be feeling crappy today.

Happy Mother's Day to all the North American ladies here :)

I've been struck down with it thanks to my son too! I think I've got a chest infection as well.
Asked on my mum group about pregnant lady remedies for coughs and a lot of them suggested pineapple to eat/drink to help, and it did stop my coughing!
I hate honey otherwise I would of have done honey and lemon.

Happy Mothers Day too all with kids already and everyone here that's already mothering the little beans they are carrying!!!!

Congrats MEpride!! My first was a girl and it was soooo much fun shopping for her! So glad everything looked great on your scan as well.

We officially have more girls than boys in the group right now! Let me know if I have missed any gender updates. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->