October Pumpkins 2017

I was drinking a ton of decaf tea with honey and lemon to help cope with congestion. I don't think it really worked, but it tastes nice at least. If I wasn't pregnant, I'd be pouring whiskey into it too. :winkwink:

I've read warm lemonade (lemon/water/sugar, not the fizzy soft drink) can help as well.

Congrats MEPride on Team Pink!

Anatomy scan went great today!! Measuring on the slightly larger side of normal, which is not unexpected. I'm the shortest in my family at 5'8". DH is 6'2". I have a cousin at 6'8" and DH's family are all 6'0" and up.

And we are officially..........

TEAM PINK!! It's a girl!

And she was not shy about it! She had the sonographers laughing. She has been taking my prenatal yoga very seriously. Feet were up by her face, one arm by her head, and one by her butt, her head was turned away and though she was moving around she did NOT want to change positions!!!

And my suspicions were confirmed. I have an anterior placenta which is why the kicks I've been feeling haven't gotten stronger and I never feel them in the center. I'm amazed that I've been feeling kicks at all, let alone since week 14!!!

We are so in love and super excited about a girl!

Congratulations MEPride!!!! Glad your anatomy scan went well. You have a lil yogi in the making :D

Hope you're mom is on the recovery path too and you had a good Mother's day.

Oglethorp, Saraaa and Verily - hope you ladies boot the cold soon.

One home remedy which works well for congestion for me - Hot milk + turmeric + pepper powder + sugar/honey to taste. It loosens up the stuff and gets it out of the system.

Meditteranean - Yay for little baby girl!

KRobbo - sorry to hear about the GD. Hope it stays manageable for you this time. Good luck! It's a constant worry in the bad of my head that I may be in for GD too - coz my dad (and most men on dad's side fam) have diabetes.

Sorry if I missed any of the updates ladies, tried to catch up quickly from work.

Loving all the baby bumps! Too cute! :flower:

As for me: I had my mid-preg ultrasound on Saturday at 19 weeks. It went on for almost an hour! The tech was so focused, she didn't even talk to me for the 45 mins or so. I could feel baby kicking away especially sincei had a full bladder! :haha: She took measurements with a full bladder, empty bladder and transvaginally. The last 10 mins she let me husband in the room and finally showed me the screen. Baby was bouncing away! She also revealed the gender.

.....we are team...... PINK!!!!! :pink:

DH and I are over the moon ecstatic!!! :happydance::cloud9:

Tomorrow is my appointment with the doc - hopefully she has the ultrasound report and can give us more details.

Will try to upload a pic of baby girl and my bump from my phone.

Yay PSamuel! Another girl in the group! That makes our girls leading the boys by 2. Statistically speaking, that might mean at least a few of our team yellow girls are carrying boys right now. :)

My anatomy scan is in 4 hours! I already know it's a boy but I'm feeling nervous about this scan. My first was born with a tongue tie and a sacral dimple which are both mid line defects so I'm nervous about spina bifida. It also doesn't help that one of my work friends's friend had a baby born with the most severe form of spina bifida and they had no clue before birth that she had it! I'm trying not to worry. I wasn't nervous for my anatomy scan with my daughter but I'm not sure I truly understood what all they were looking for. Fingers crossed all seems well!

I have to admit I am so jealous of all you ladies finding out the gender. My scan is on Monday and we are firmly staying team yellow.

I would love to know who keeps kicking me at 4am though!:haha:

I have to admit I am so jealous of all you ladies finding out the gender. My scan is on Monday and we are firmly staying team yellow.

You have so much more will power than I ever could!! I asked them to check at 14 weeks lol. I knew there was no way I could even pretend I was going to wait. :haha:

You have so much more will power than I ever could!! I asked them to check at 14 weeks lol. I knew there was no way I could even pretend I was going to wait. :haha:

I'm with you!! I am such a planner and couldn't WAIT to find out so I could paint the nursery and get prepared!!!

I'm the same way. To me, finding out early on is just as much a surprise as finding out at the end. I like being able to prepare well ahead of time.

Congrats on Team Pink, PSamuel!

I agree that I'd rather find out ASAP. Although I do envy those that can wait the entire 9 months to find out, I like to prepare ahead of time, especially if we are up for a bit of gender disappointment. Also yellow, green and grey clothes aren't always the cutest lol.

Congrats on your pink bundles Med, MEPride and PSamuel! :pink:

Sorry for MIA ladies but we were away on our babymoon this past week. We took one since this is going to be our final baby. Anyways, all is going well. Baby is kicking up a storm now. I feel him daily, almost constantly. For some reason he is the opposite of my other kids. Whereas they kicked more from the carb/sugar rush after I'd eat, he kicks more when I'm hungry, as if to tell me that he needs food NOW lol. Here is my 21 week bump:

Attachments

• 21weeks.jpg
    21weeks.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 5
I'm SO excited to find out if I'm team pink or team blue! It's a week away now (next Wednesday) and I'm beyond excited! So is OH. He's been counting down for weeks.

We haven't bothered with private scans (don't even know if that's a possibility around here), my GP doesn't have an ultrasound machine (I don't switch to being followed by my OB until 28 weeks), and I'm not high risk. All this means I saw my bean at 11+5 and haven't since, because 12 & 18-20 are the only standard scans around here unless 20 reveals reason to check again at 32.

I had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday. Everything looked good except for, ironically, they weren't able to get a good view of the spine because of the position the baby was laying in. She had me jump up and down, walk around, roll on one side, roll on the other, eat some chocolate but he just wouldn't cooperate. She assured me, and my doctor later assured me, that they do not suspect something is wrong...they just weren't able to see what they wanted to see. They have me scheduled for another ultrasound in 2 weeks to recheck. I'm trying to relax and take their word for it but of course it has me a little worried. Good news is I will get to peak at my baby again! Now that my cervical length scans are done, and my cervix is holding strong YAY, I wasn't sure if/when I would get another ultrasound. So far, my blood pressure has been perfect. Although, 22 weeks was when I went on BP meds with my daughter which then put me in the high risk group and I was got NST and an ultrasound every week for the last several weeks of my pregnancy. Hopefully my BP stays under control this time and I don't have to worry about it.

Everything else went well. Baby is still a boy lol. All measurements were slightly ahead. Head circumference was in the 60% which shocked me because my daughter always had the biggest noggin. LOL!

Sorry I've been MIA lately, it's been crazy busy around here, and it's just going to get busier unfortunately, at least the time will go by fast. I have been busy training some girls in for when I'm on maternity leave as well as graduations and graduation parties...I think we have the whole month of June every weekend busy. :ugh:

Anyways, things are going well, I've only gained about 5 pounds so I'm right on track with weight. I'm huge. I waddle already, so this will be interesting, baby boy is sitting so low it's hard for me to find shirts that fit me because he's sitting lower. Today I have my 20 week ultrasound, we will see if he will be bigger or smaller than my other two children. I have everything written down from their pregnancies, Sophia's weight @ 20 weeks was 13 oz., and Gavin's weight at 20 weeks was 11 oz. So we knew she was going to be bigger than Gavin :) It's quite exciting to see how much they are developing in just a few short weeks!

Hope things are well with all of you ladies. <3

Congratulations on all of the new pink bumps!

Lindsay I am glad your scan went well for the most part. Worrying is in our nature but FX your follow up is perfect and you get to enjoy some more pictures of LO.

Kittey I hope your scan goes well! Sorry you've been so busy hopefully you will get some down time soon.

Came home to find that DH had booked a surprise private gender scan for us! So we are now team PINK! Already have a toddler boy so now one of each. Absolutely chuffed!

Wow, we're really turning pink this month!! Congrats everyone :)

Congrats on all the pink ladies! :happydance:

lindsay I'm sure all is well they probably just want to be absolutely certain, always nice to get to see baby again though :)

We find out what we're having in a week! I feel like this is going to be the slowest week ever :haha:

I had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday. Everything looked good except for, ironically, they weren't able to get a good view of the spine because of the position the baby was laying in. She had me jump up and down, walk around, roll on one side, roll on the other, eat some chocolate but he just wouldn't cooperate. She assured me, and my doctor later assured me, that they do not suspect something is wrong...they just weren't able to see what they wanted to see. They have me scheduled for another ultrasound in 2 weeks to recheck. I'm trying to relax and take their word for it but of course it has me a little worried. Good news is I will get to peak at my baby again! Now that my cervical length scans are done, and my cervix is holding strong YAY, I wasn't sure if/when I would get another ultrasound. So far, my blood pressure has been perfect. Although, 22 weeks was when I went on BP meds with my daughter which then put me in the high risk group and I was got NST and an ultrasound every week for the last several weeks of my pregnancy. Hopefully my BP stays under control this time and I don't have to worry about it.

Everything else went well. Baby is still a boy lol. All measurements were slightly ahead. Head circumference was in the 60% which shocked me because my daughter always had the biggest noggin. LOL!

Don't you worry about the ultrasound! I have to go back next week for an ultrasound for similar reasons. My girl just wouldn't stop pretending to be a yogi to cooperate. We are missing a hand, profile and facial bones, and something else I can't remember. Just be happy you and I get to see our little beans again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->