Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

LOL lil pixie, bit young for the rusks, maybe start him on some brandy...you know...for the teething.... Cute pic!

What movie was Buddy Jesus from?! Dogma? Great!!!

I knew i recognised him! Awesome film.

Xander doesn't like brandy, if it's not Jack Daniels he's just not interested.

I prefer toddlers to newborns too, except for when Maria is playing up, then I want a newborn that just sleeps all the time.

Maria is feeding me HER banana and asking for MY biscuits - what did I do wrong???

Eva was a really good newborn, not whingy, slept through from early on, and very cuddly and affectionate maybe that's why i like it.

Her tantrums at the moment are getting me quite frazzled though, especially out in public i just don't know what to do. I don't give in because that's obviously showing her that tantrums work but in the mean time she's causing quite a scene, i can't really talk to her about why she can't have it because she doesn't understand what i'm saying. I do calmly speak to her though and tell her it'll be okay and she needs to calm down but it's useless and she just carries on having a meltdown.

Haven't really had any public tantrums yet but expecting them soon. Dunno how I'm gonna manage her when I'm with my family as I expect my mum will try and butt in.

Also I'm really bad at not giving in, argh how do you do it?!!

Till I got pregnant I worked with autistic kids, before that autistic adults. When you've seen a 43 year old man laid on the floor banging his head on the stairs for an hour a time no much a toddler could do would faze you, I've seen hundreds of meltdowns and once had to help carry a kicking and screaming 18 year old out of tesco because there was too many choices of bread and he didn't know which one he wanted so he trashed most of the bakery department then screamed obscenities to anyone he saw on the way out.
I fucking loved my job lol

Not really I was bloody terrified lol, when I could see an incident building I used to get diarrhoea :blush: I had ibs a d shockingly since I stopped work it's cured itsself!
I've been stabbed, scratched, bitten, head butted, punched, kicked, spat on, pissed on, shit thrown at me, had my clothes torn from my back and do you know what, when we had a good day it was the best job in the world, curled up on the sofa with a couple of the little ones who wanted cuddles watching DVDs, water fights in the garden taking them to see santa when it was good it was amazing <3
I just can't go back, I'm resigning at the end of my maternity leave, I've been hospitalised too many times and injured badly too often, it wouldn't be fair on Flynn to never know if his mummy will come home or be able to look after him. I'm goin to be a sahm for a while then Iight get a part time job in something safer like lion taming.

Eek very tough job! Lion taming would be much safer.

I wish my camera was working, Maria is climbing up on top of her walker - she'll be a rock climber!

Tanya you are a strong woman, my mum's friend got hepatitis by being biten from a patient in a similar job. You're doing the right thing by resigning.

Natsku, i sometimes give in. Other times i tell myself the next tantrum is going to be worse if i give in this time, i repeat that to myself over and over and it helps.

This time she tantrummed because i was looking at a huge wall of different nail polishes and she was whining because she was in the pram and stationary (she likes to move) i felt bad because it was my fault she was stationary as i was looking at nail polishes so i got her out of the pram and was holding her and i asked what nail polish she wanted mummy to wear and she reached out and plucked one off the shelf so i looked at it and put it back. WELLLLLLLLL after that she wanted to pull them all off the shelf one by one and i couldn't let her because she was just grabbing them and dropping them but this caused a crazy big tantrum, throwing herself, screaming, shaking her head, tears, squirming and pushing away from me!!! i just about cried in the middle of the store. Needless to say i rushed out of there quick smart.

Another big tantrum she has is over refusing to hold my hand. Wherever we are if i need her to walk one way even if it is or isn't the way she's going as soon as i hold her hand she SCREAMS and let's her legs go jelly and tries to drop to the floor. It makes it so difficult because i can't let her walk anywhere with me because she wont follow me and wont allow me to hold her hand. I even told daycare the other day that she hates holding hands and to show them i picked up her hand ever so softly as she was standing next to me and she dropped to the floor and started yanking her hand out of my grasp and screaming until i let go. *sigh*

Another big tantrum she has is over refusing to hold my hand. Wherever we are if i need her to walk one way even if it is or isn't the way she's going as soon as i hold her hand she SCREAMS and let's her legs go jelly and tries to drop to the floor. It makes it so difficult because i can't let her walk anywhere with me because she wont follow me and wont allow me to hold her hand. I even told daycare the other day that she hates holding hands and to show them i picked up her hand ever so softly as she was standing next to me and she dropped to the floor and started yanking her hand out of my grasp and screaming until i let go. *sigh*

Did you borrow my daughter. She will never walk holding my hand. How am I going to do pageants with her if I can't lead her on stage. :dohh:

Rough job, Tanya. I can't blame you for not wanting to go back.

Maria is the same when I try to hold her hand. I got her reins but she just tries to go in the opposite direction and throws a tantrum when the reins stop her :dohh:

She is busy crushing baby puffs on the carpet now and the vacuum is broken *sigh*

They're fun though. She helped me clean up the mess, well, tried to help anyway.

lol at the pageat remark Natsku!! hahahahahaha. But i didn't know other toddlers do it as all the ones i know are happy to toddle around holding mummies hand.

Lil_Pixie they are fun and they can express their love for you in more ways which just melts you. When Eva is being shy or outside her comfort zone she toddlers over to me quickly and clings to my leg and hides her face behind me. It doesn't sound THAT amazing. But it really is, it's one of my favorite things, she just loves me and uses me to protect her and as a comforter it's very lovely. The second thing i love that she does as a toddler is if i throw my arms open and yell "EVAAAAAAAAA cuddles for mummy" she looks at me does a big grin and toddles over quickly and wraps her arms around my neck. CUTE!!!

Maria just started to come up to me for kisses today, melts my heart. And she runs to me for cuddles. Unless she doesn't want them, then she walks backwards very quickly til she hits something :rofl:

Awww...Maybe will let James grow up to be a toddler... Thanks for the reassurance ladies!!!

I'm glad you're going to let him grow up to be a toddler :rofl:

The downside is, they have a tendency to hide things, especially things you need. I spent ages looking for the baby monitor yesterday cos she hid it in the woodbox.

LOL My husband as a small child would hide keys apparently and his mom would ask him where they would and he would toddle off to get them. Our keys are very high here for that reason so I worry what James may think to hide instead!

Yeah we keep our keys hanging on a nail.

She has hidden one of her wooden blocks so well I still haven't found despite scouring thw whole house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->