Official August Mummies Club!!

Samstar: so sorry to hear LO is having some problems, stay strong and it is good that the hospital are positive. Is it you with the hole in the heart or LO - I know you had said about your lips being blue??

Its the baby with the hole in her heart well maybe! I forgot to mention that so i'm going to see my GP tomorrow x Thank you for asking x

Well the best of luck with all of it honey, :hug: and let us know what he says.

Hi girls hope your all feeling okay today x
I had my tests done and the doctor "couldnt rule out" a hole in the heart and the baby definately has a Diaphragmatic Hernia her small bowel is in her chest they said that she is not in a good way but its looking quite positive!
I had to have an amniosentisis which hurt alot!!
Thought i'd fill you in on the drama queen lol x x x x

Sam... Why did they do the amnio.. will it tell them more about her heart... I am glad you are staying positive... I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers..:hugs:

Okay... I haven't taken a bump pic yet this pregnancy... I guess I will do one today and post it.. that is if I keep the courage... you know this is #4 and my bump is not as cute and tidey as you gals...:rofl:

Hey I got called 'rotund' today that made me feel special!!!! :shock: I guess they just meant pregnant although I am a plus sized girl so Smith you can't possibly be worse than me!!!! Post, post!!!

Thanks jelr :hugs: I shall ignore!!!!

Ok, this is sort of funny.

I teach lab at the university and today's lab was on radioactivity and radioactive decay. I have a small group compared to everyone else and the samples are not the violent ones either.

Mind you, I am the instructor, not the assistant. The assistant approaches me and says "I don't think you should be in here". LOL To make a long story short, the assistant kicked the boss out of the lab!!! :rofl:!!!

He is a good assistant, the best in the bunch and I was fortunate to have him this semester as he took initiative on his own and was very comfortable with all the experiments. I didn't have any problems leaving my students in his care :).

Hi Ladies,

Sam-star - I hope everything goes well with your little girl and thatthe amnio results come back fine

Overcomer - glad that your assisstant is looking out for you - can't have you going gren with radiation now can we!!

Hello everyone else and all the newbies who have joined over the past few days x

As for me - well I feel exhasusted! I haven't slept for over a week now. I just can't get comfortable on my side (am a back sleeper prior to pregnancy) so I just toss and turn all night, which then gives me loads of time to worry about things, will I make a good mum? what sort of car should we buy? what am I gonna do when I finish work (in 4 weeks, eek!) etc etc and to make it worse my hayfever has reallyhithard this week so I have been sneezing all night!! I guess it is good practice for being up allnight with the LO - but I feel I shoudl be making themost of these months and sleeping lots!! I JUST CAN't!!!!

Sorry for the rant - i am am just so tired I could cry - apart from that everything is fine and dandy!!!

Hope everyone has had a good day x

:hugs: Shiv! have you got a hobby you can start or do something for the nursery?

:hugs: Shiv! have you got a hobby you can start or do something for the nursery?

I am really rubbish at anything arty or crafty (i wish I was more like Shadow!) however I was watchinga program last night and was almost inspired to take up candle making!! Random I know!!

Ohh I've made many of them. It's ok if you use them but I never feel like lighting then after making them and end up with hundreds of dust covered candles!! Nice!

Shiv-I just read in my latest parenting magazine that we aren't expected to sleep on our side until 28 weeks. Because our uterus' aren't big enough yet to push down on the vena cava. In the article it said that this is an overly paranoid thing that some doctors say but that our bodies will know when we need to turn because we will get shortness of breath, dizziness, etc. I have been sleeping on my back throughout this whole pregnancy and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. :blush: I tried the whole sleeping on the side thing, and like you, I couldn't sleep worth a lick. But now that I'm on my back, I get wonderful sleep every night. :hugs::hugs: I hope you get the rest you need.

I have been sleeping on my back throughout this whole pregnancy and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. :blush: I tried the whole sleeping on the side thing, and like you, I couldn't sleep worth a lick. But now that I'm on my back, I get wonderful sleep every night. :hugs::hugs: I hope you get the rest you need.

Me too!!! I occasionally wake up with numb hands but the blood soon comes back. It doesn't bother me really and I can feel baby more on my back and I love that hehehehe.

Oh and I have a body pillow which helps loads. It's quite big so it's like three of us in the bed but it offers great support when I'm on my side. It helps hugging it to go to sleep.

Oh and I have a body pillow which helps loads. It's quite big so it's like three of us in the bed but it offers great support when I'm on my side. It helps hugging it to go to sleep.

See, I went out and bought a body pillow too to try it. So far, no good. :rofl: It just doesn't work for me. I'm sure once I'm bigger, there won't be a choice but to sleep on my side. But for now, I'm being pretty stubborn about it all. Like you, I feel the baby move more on my back. haha. And that is always comforting.

I use a body pillow in front of me... between my legs and under my belly... and I put a regular pillow up against my back... yeah... I take up a lot of room in the bed... but I am very comfortable... feel like I am sleeping between to marshmellows...:rofl:

I also still sleep on my back sometimes too... I think your body will tell you when it isn't good anymore...

Okay... here we go.... Baring it all... feels strange to show the belly :rofl:

https://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff210/smith87999/100_1645-1.jpg

Cleckner - thanks for that info - i think Iwill sleepon my back tonight - otherwise who knows what sort of crabby state I will be in tomorrow!!
I am glad you are feeling better as well - hope it continues!!

Great bump Smith!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->