Official August Mummies Club!!

Hope everything went ok at the docs today Sam Star and that the amnio etc comes back ok

I am also struggling to sleep on my side! The only problem I have if I lie on my back, is that if my bladder is full, it hurts much more than if I am on my side!

x

Heeeeeeyyy girls! Feels like I haven't posted in here in an AGE. But you have all kept it lovely and chatty in here, it's great to come back to :D

Sam, I'm thinking of you honey and really hoping things continue to look positive for your little girl. Do let us know how it goes with the doctor (is that today?) :hugs:

Laura, your bump is LOVELY honey! For fourth child, you look amazing to me! I sure hope I look that good after just one! hehe

My latest mothercare parcel came today :wohoo: It's the bath set and my ring sling! I've been practising all afternoon with the sling hehehe I think I've got it sussed now, there's so many comfy positions to wear it in, I can't wait to put baby in it! Jasper bear is a good stand-in, but no comparison, really :winkwink:

As for the sleeping thing, I mix up sleeping on my side and on my back generally. I do tend to get a bit breathless on my back, but it is lovely to feel Vince wiggling about in that position :D But I also have a body pillow to cuddle when I'm on my side. It makes it SO much comfier I think :)

I'm really looking forward to the big move over to third tri now :happydance: Apparently it's a bit boring over there at the mo (according to Georgie hehe) so we should get our butts in there and brighten the place up I think!

Shadow xxx

Thank you everyone i had the MRI today which was okay but i wont get the results for a few days! I also had the results of my amnio back today (they did it yesterday) Elinor doesn't have downs syndrome but i find out if she has anything else next tuesday i cant believe that they came back so quick!!
Smith the bump is sooo beautiful!!

Sam- so far so good.. that is great news... now the wait is on... I will continue to pray that you keep getting great results... :hugs:

Naomi... I too am looking forward to moving over to third trimester... that means baby will be that much closer.... and that much bigger... :wohoo:

Samstar: I'm so delighted that the amnio has come back clear and fingers crossed for the other results, you are being so brave, well done.

Cleckner: I'm glad you are felling much better today and hope it keeps up.

Pippin: Yep I definitely think ignore them, this is your baby so you do what you feel is right for you. By the way what is a rotund??

Overcomer: That was so sweet of your assistant

Smith: You look fantastic, especially on number 4, like shadow I hope I look that well after this one he he.

Shadow: I will miss ye when ye start to move over to 3rd tri cause I'm the end of the month I will be a few weeks behind ye. How is the pain now?

Shiv: I know what you mean about the sleeping, I have been doing the same when I haven't slept with worry if I will be a good mum or will the baby be okay etc. and am finding it hard to sleep as I'm a tend to lie on my tummy to fall asleep and then move around during the night and am having trouble nodding off at the mo cause I can't lie on my tummy anymore as it hurts and feels like i'm sqashing LO.

Loo: I know what you mean about your bladder being full, how is it the minute you are just about to dose off to sleep you always need to pee, typical aint it?

What way do the body pillows work girls, I tend to move around a lot during the night and move positions when I get stiff, I'm only guessing this is probably not the easiest thing to do with the body pillow, can anyone with one help?

rotund
adjective
(of a person) plump.
• round or spherical : huge stoves held great rotund cauldrons.
• figurative (of speech or literary style) indulging in grandiloquent expression.

Nice HUH!!! I know I'm fat but really I don't need to be made out to look like a round cauldron!!! :shock: this is the same member of my department that asked when she could apply for my job (I'm her boss, yes, I said boss). That wouldn't be so bad but that was after me telling her I was pregnant, normally congratulations are your first words!!!!!

eeep, Pippin, that's a rude thing to say to anybody, let alone a pregnant lady!

She is very very jealous of everything I have and do (head of dept, husband that loves me, family who care, money, baby on the way and a house not a bedsit). She's nice enough but very self centered, and I mean VERY. I wouldn't mind but there is only three in my subject department (l'm a teacher) and so we have to practically live together. I just have to pity her really as she's the one that's miserable. I look forward to having a break to be honest.

Wow sorry that was a rant but feel better now..... :hugs:

God pippin yeah the think the only thing for her is pity because if you didn't pity her I think you would want to slap her, sorry but she does sound very miserable and bitchy to be honest. .Thats an awful rude thing to say as MJ said and especially to a pregnant woman and also to ask for could she apply for your job instead of congratulating you.

He he you would never think I teach literacy once a week or that I work in co-ordinate adult education groups - I never heard of rotund in my life :rofl:

hehehe it's not a word that I would use much either :rofl: poor girl, she can't help being bitchy. I just have to be glad I'm me and the only thing I have to worry about is being fat. I forgot to mention she struggled with anorexia for years which is why she mentions weight a lot. Anyway 2 months, 2 weeks and 5 days I'll be free from her for a good 10 months :yipee:

How are the rest of you ladies now I've had my moan for the evening??

So I just looked into a 4D scan...

3D/4D Your Choice Package $150

15-20 Minute Session
Limited Diagnostic Report
4 Glossy Black/White Prints
Your Choice: Choose one of the two following options below.
1. DVD video of session set to music
2. CD with 10- 15 images of your baby
Gender Determination (upon request)
15% Off any return visit during this pregnancy

Since this is most likely our last baby I am so tempted... when will I ever be able to do it again... but my hubby is being really tight with the cash lately and I am sure he won't go for it... but it would be soooo great.

What do you guys think?

So I just looked into a 4D scan...

3D/4D Your Choice Package $150

15-20 Minute Session
Limited Diagnostic Report
4 Glossy Black/White Prints
Your Choice: Choose one of the two following options below.
1. DVD video of session set to music
2. CD with 10- 15 images of your baby
Gender Determination (upon request)
15% Off any return visit during this pregnancy

Since this is most likely our last baby I am so tempted... when will I ever be able to do it again... but my hubby is being really tight with the cash lately and I am sure he won't go for it... but it would be soooo great.

What do you guys think?
Hmmm. I got the same deal, basically (except for the diagnostic report, they don't give medical information), and it was only $99. My session was probably more like 30-45 minutes, though, and she actually gave us six printed pictures instead of four. The DVD video is soooo amazing, though... I feel like that's the reason I got the 4D done in the first place (besides finding out the gender because of my doctor calling in sick). So, if you decide to do it, definitely get the video! In fact, I just sent out a copy of the video to my mom, who lives states away and can't really be here for any of this. (The place charged $10 per copy, but my husband and I, luckily, know how to copy DVDs ourselves, so it was free.)

If this is your last baby, you'd regret it for the rest of your life if you didn't get it done, I think. Trust me, they're amazing. I want to pop in my dvd now!

id love a 3d/4d scan but dnt think it will happen.

lovly bumps girls all coming on nice

oh it ill with "man flu" so been taking care of him

tacke care s

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:
99 days to go........OMG!!!!!!!!!.........dream comes true :yipee:

Had my scan on monday, everything was fantastic.....baby is already has
his head down (so he is in a right position incase he has to come earlier...:happydance:...).........

And what.........we saw him opening his mouth and showing his toungh.....it was so cute.......:lol:

3d scan didn't work properly as baby's head was down so his face was touching my uterus wall...............will try next time in 4week.

how is everyone??

I'm planning to get a 3D/4D scan... that package looks good Smith (it's more expensive in the UK *grump*). I heard yesterday that I will be getting SMP (statutory maternity pay), which I thought I *did* qualify for but was worried they'd find some loophole to crawl through, and in the event they did but I had already done my research and countered it with a link from the HM Revenue & Customs website handbook - all to do with me having "broken my service" over Christmas week, but apparently if you have worked the week before and the week following the week containing Christmas or Boxing Day, it counts as a week worked!! I was so stoked to find that out because it had been my fault I didn't put in for a day's holiday that week, put it in for the week before so's to get the extra £££ earlier - well, I hadn't looked into SMP then, as I was only 6 weeks pregnant - BUT the lady in payroll didn't know about this so I had to email HER a link from the HM Rev & Customs website, and thank god it's all ok!!!

So I told myself I'd get the extra scan if I got the SMP!!

Now I have to book somewhere. It'll be in London, week after next as my mum is down for a few days and my OH had said he didn't want to go (didn't want to take the time off work) so I asked my mum to go. Now of course he says oh well, go with your mum if you don't want to go with me!!! As though it was my first choice and my decision to not ask him! We talked about it a few weeks ago and as far as I knew, if I did it, I was going to be going on my own!

I said he can come with us if he wants but I am not going to disappoint my mum now by saying she can't come... either we all go or he doesn't. I know my mum will volunteer to step aside but I really don't want her to. And anyway, if I get the DVD (which I hadn't been sure I would because of the extra £££) it'd be cheaper than the cost of him taking a day's holiday (which he can put to better use once baby is here) and he can still see our boy moving, etc.

I'll be 27 weeks, is that a good time to go?

Ack, why do I get so panicked about sending a simple email to my boss? All I've done is let him know the date I'll be finishing work (July 11th :happydance: ) and let him know I'm not available to work the first week of June, and my heart is RACING with fear.

:( What is the MATTER WITH ME????

Can I join? I'm due on 13th Aug and I'm on team BLUE! So excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->