Official August Mummies Club!!

Hey ladies, hope you all have had a nice weekend. 22wks today :happydance:

We found a lovely new walk today so got lots of exercise. Though I am mega hormonal right now - I was wondering when this would happen!:cry:

We have been out house hunting this weekend again and saw an amazing old house with lots of original features which I am so excited about, it's a 'do-ur-upper' going to see it again this week - V. excited!

Elly good luck with the Consultant hope all goes well.

Sam Star hope you feel better, the blue lips sound a bit scary, def mention it to your Consultant.

Shadow hope you start to feel better too.

Pippin loving your purchases, Wow you are one organised lady the mention of hospital bags has in worried - when are we supposed to get those organised?

Hi andbabymakes3 :hi:

I haven't started doing the bag hon just have it in planned in the back of my head (and on a word document). Want to get it done by 30 weeks though as I reckon any time after then could be possible and I'm an organized kinda person. Makes me feel less anxous about the whole birth thing!!!!

Ok - phew I thought it was something I needed to do now. Plenty of time to organise myself so!

:rofl: I got panicked when my friend said she had hers but I figured I'd do it soon ish. It's quite scary thinking about it as the birth bit terrifies me.

The birth terrifies me too! I was having a little panic lying in bed this morning wondering how I'll manage with a tiny newborn as they are so helpless and fragile! :shock:

So it's not just me that's scared of the birth?

Tillymum, I've been mega hormonal this weekend too - and also hit 22 weeks today - maybe that's it? I burst into tears earlier because my mum dared to clean my grill ....... go figure!!

My parents have actually been mega good to us this weekend - they've helped us clear out the room that will be the nursery, and also the garage - getting rid of all our clutter for us! :) The house has sooo much more space in it now and we can start getting the work that needs to be done started .... we are having a new boiler and a new bathroom - both of which will have an impact on the nursery because the old hot water tank is coming out of there, and also we are moving one of the walls ...... eek!!

I'm not so worried about that funnily enough it's the getting it out!!! I can't wait to have my little boy fall asleep on my chest. I have this little ideal picture in my head although reality it'll be very very different!!! :rofl:

Wow kaygeebee you have been busy and about to be even busier, better to get it done now. We just have to clean the carpets, thought about new ones but apparently the fumes from the underlay are bad for baby. x

The birth and afterwards has me a bit flustered but have to take a deep breath and relax after thinking about it. :rofl:

You sound very busy, Kay!

Thanks Tilly and Pippin!

hiya ladys hospital bag sould be done for u baby and birth partner for 32wks unless midwife tells u that u are likly to go v early.

i dnt seem to have thet meany m/w appts i had 1 at 7wks 1 at 14wks 1 at 22 next is 28wks then its 32,34,38 then hosptal at 40wks dose this seem right with all urs?

we are going geting the pram this wk cant wait.

hi girls just thought id share im viable to day so happy . how are u all x

Grats Leo.

I'm in a super mood today, alltho i've only slept 4 hours. The weather is great and work is slow :)

Just looking forward to moving now, only 13 days left!!:happydance:

Okay girls. I have a lot of catching up to do. Morning sickness has hit me full force over the weekend so I didn't even turn my computer on at all. :sick::dohh: Now I'm feeling how just a weekend gone can make me miss alot!! So there will be alot in this post.

oh yea forgot to say thank you cleckner04 i noticed you added me to the due date list!
Your welcome hun! Just doing my job!! :hugs: I'm glad to see someone new is as chatty as the rest of us!! :happydance:

hey huni can you add me on i am team blue and due on the 05/08/09 thank you X
Sorry it took a few days but welcome to our little group hun!! :hugs:

*sigh* nobody else around then?
Well, I will post pictures anyway, and then admire them in here on my own :rofl:
LOVE the curtains hun!! It's amazing that you could do that with no sewing involved!! Or did you end up sewing a few bits?! :happydance: I agree that where is the fun in just buying curtains? I'm overloaded with crafts at the moment and am loving every minute!!

hiya ladys not had time to read throw as net is playing up. hope u r all having a good wk end i have a new bump pic from today i look bigger in really life. black top is 22wks white top is today pleas excus the strech's
Aww!!! Your bump is fabulous!! You can definately see the difference. I love looking at progression pictures. :happydance::happydance: I take my next one on Saturday so it'll be about six more days before you girls get to see it! :dohh:

Can I join august mummies? My actual due date is 2nd sept but she is coming out early by C section at 37 weeks...so technically I'm an august mummy! My little monkey is arriving around the 12th august, depending on NHS.
Welcome hun! Sorry, I'm not usually this slow at updating! But as of now, you've been officially added to our list! :hugs:

hi girls just thought id share im viable to day so happy . how are u all x
Congrats!! :happydance::happydance: We are all getting so close it feels like! I can't wait!

Just looking forward to moving now, only 13 days left!!:happydance:
Your one brave lady moving while pregnant!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you when the time comes! I know moving can be stressful at times! :hugs:

To all of you girls talking about being freaked out about the birth and all of that. Gosh who isn't freaked out?! I've been there to see my friend give birth so I've been on the outside looking in as she pushed and all that. But I think seeing it in real life actually makes me MORE nervous about it all! Cause now I know how incredibly unpredictable it will all be. And than not even just the birth part, but having a tiny little thing depending on me. I have wanted this for so long that now I feel like maybe I had my expectations too high! :dohh: It's funny the things that go through my mind with this pregnancy though. I have this terrifying thought that 'what if my baby hates me?' :rofl:

So on another note. Our crib arrived on Friday. DH and I excitedly opened up the package to put it together, when we noticed that two of the pieces were broken!!! :hissy: So I immediately called BabiesRUs and filed a complaint. The woman was VERY nice about it and she kept apologizing over and over. Long story short-A new crib should be here in the next week or two and the old one is being picked up off our porch by UPS sometime today. We also was given a 10% discount for our troubles and free shipping. So we ended up saving money! I am just thankful that I got the crib so early because if this had happened further along in my pregnancy, I'd be a nervous wreck right now that the nursery wouldn't be ready in time!

Wow that was a long one! :rofl: Now I'm off to sift through other threads on here that I've missed!

Your one brave lady moving while pregnant!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you when the time comes! I know moving can be stressful at times! :hugs:

I have a great husband who takes care of everything. My dad and my brother is helping with the actual lifting and a moving agency is moving all the furniture and they are also cleaning out the old apartment. it's probably gonna cost us about 10.000NOk (10NOK is about 1£) but its worth it.

So don't worry about me, i'll just be pointing :)

Oh wow I just realized how close 3rd tri is coming for us August ladies. Less than a week for some. Does anyone feel like the last few weeks have just flown by.

Ugh!! Looks like today is a morning sickness day as well. :cry::cry: I just can't seem to escape it!

Oh wow I just realized how close 3rd tri is coming for us August ladies. Less than a week for some. Does anyone feel like the last few weeks have just flown by.

I still have two weeks myself but I would have to say that it has REALLY flown by. I take a bump picture every four weeks and I feel like I just took one. I just realized today that I am due for another picture this Saturday. It'll be my last picture in second trimester. Feels weird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->