Official August Mummies Club!!

Now some good news for today....... my pram arrived and I've been test driving it around my house for the last three hours whilst waiting for the electric to come on :yipee:

:rofl::rofl:This made me crack up. I love that I'm not the only crazy person in this thread. When I got my baby swing in the mail, I put the dog in it and turned it on. :rofl::rofl: The same thing with the changing table. hahaha! And shadow has her little teddy bear for the same purposes. I just love it!

I have a sheep who will be trying the cot and pushchair when they arrive!!

Actually, he may need to go to the dry cleaners before baby gets here...

Are you doing a sheep theme MJ? I forget who's posted what for their nurseries.

Heh, no, I don't have a theme, but I love sheep and have lots of them all over my flat :D I have bought a fleece blanket for baby that has sheep on though, and a couple of other things from Mothercare's Sleepy Farm range...

blanket and the matching changing mat

the big sheep is mine. my dad gave him to me a few years ago. he is called Shaun. :) but baby can share him if he wants.

Nothing all that exciting over here.

I seem to have missed the drama again... perhaps I should consider myself lucky in that regard? Hope it's settled though.

I've finished (I think I have anyway) my baby shower registry! I've been informed that it'll take place at the end of next month. I told my mom and my sister which store I did it with so that they can look and see if they want to get anything off of it for me (they both live states away and probably can't/won't come to the shower). I feel like a lot of stress is gone now because I was worrying about what I'd get and so on. Then once the shower is over with and I've received whatever I get from my mom and sister, then we can start buying everything else that we didn't get. I feel much more organized now... and prepared... even though I don't have the actual things on there.

When I was doing my registry, I noticed this thermometer from the Red Cross that was in the form of a pacifier. Has anyone else seen or used this? I'm wondering if it works well. I think it's a WONDERFUL idea, but I don't know how well it works. I put it on the registry anyway though.

Also, I just noticed that I've moved up a box in my ticker! Time is flying by. Darn second trimester quickness.... :cry: but :happydance::cloud9:

Cleckner the pics of the emma and cloths are very cute

iam stuck on wwaht pram to get i like the silver cross 3d but oh wants 1 that faces u when in a pushchair mode awww its doing my head in. i was getting really down about it last night silly iknow.

on a good note got my baby chair yestaer day oh seid dnt get it out but u have to have a play. 3 more days in 2nd tri then i will see u in 3rd tri.

when are we gunna start the thred over there?

Well I haven't told you about my bear that Mum bought little pip :blush: he tries on all the clothes and sat in the car seat, he's about the right size of a 3 month old baby!!! It's his first cuddly toy (even has cute stitching telling you so on his foot) So soft too...... my Dad thinks having babies is like having dolls...... I'm nearly 30 and he's right!

:( sorry to worry you ladies... I hope that it is now on its way to getting sorted out. I was getting hormonal and very upset over silliness, I suppose. I am just finding it very very hard to post in here when I am in constant fear of somehow offending people... It seems I managed it again, check out the August Bumps youngest in class thread for an idea of what I'm on about.

I've messaged two ladies directly in a desperate bid to stop them from finding offense where none at all is intended, and have had a really lovely reply from one of them, so hopefully it will soon stop. I'm keen to see what the other has to say, but I don't think she's online just yet...

A-stupidly-teary-and-hormonal Shadow x x x
'

I know this should be said in a PM but I want others to see this isnt meant nasty! Thats not who I am, Im jsut one to speak my mind!
This all started when you made a small joke about our name, which yes we found offensive, we wouldnt dream of calling your name boring or sickening! but we did appreceitae the apology even though it appeared also offensive! Its not you its just the way you word things, sometimes they can come accross not as they are meant, sometimes you need to be more careful when typn then when you are speaking!
I have seen the mail you sent to one lady, and I have seen the mail she returned to you, I actually was quite shocked at the content of your mail, you went on about how you were upset and this so called rivarly which I have yet to see!!!
the ladys Pm I saw has taken on 2 of your posts out of 740 you have done, so I dont see hows thats hunting you down and finding offensive in all your posts, this isnt a dig this is an observation!!!

basically all i want to say is::

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd271/Jayesh1987/emoctions/truce.gif
https://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr71/bobbyy94/TRUCE2.jpg

You mean you wanted a final pop the final say before posting a 'truce' image?

You know if any of you found member had said anything offensive you should have contacted admin and if you didnt there is no excuse to create an atmosphere.

Am I right in thinking this is over a group name girls have made up and possibly an image? :-s & the tell tales she said he said never helps any situation does it (referring to the pasting of messages by the looks of it). Also what has her post count got to do with anything? What is your point because ONE lady picked out 2 posts (in your words) doesn't mean there isn't or hasn't been any more concerns between members in the past.

*I would like to suggest anyone from the September thread who has been involved in this silly nonesense does NOT post on this thread now - If you have any problems PM me*

I can't not comment on this drama business.

Personally i prefer people speaking their mind and beeing honest. If you take offence of something that wasn't ment as an offence then the problem usually lies with yourself and not the person who 'offended' you in the first place.

I don't believe people post to be evil. so one should always take a deep breath and really think about 'is this person really trying to offend me' before throwing accusations.

I've noticed that this forum is unable to discuss anything because of it. People are unable to differ between the case being discussed and personal feelings. Meaning many get angry even if you just state a fact, doesn't have to be your opinion at all. I think this is very regrettable and is holding back alot of good discussions.

i just orded my pram talked oh round to geting the silver cross that i wonted :happydance:.

i find people from diff parts of the uk and the world talk diff so u r gunna get people taking things the wrong way even if it is not or is ment that way.

Attachments

• 8a5f_2.gif
    8a5f_2.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 1
Good morning all!

oh dear, it has all been a bit controversial lately hasn't it! Shadow, come back hun - you've been ever so quiet and there's absolutely no need. We all love you so much - AS IF you could possibly offend anyone? Seems to me this has all just got a little out of hand and should be forgotten now.
Have to say though - I love Wobbles! She's just always spot on with what she says!

Cleckner - OMG i luurrrvvvee that cherry dress! It's absolutely gorgeous. I have bought a few things myself now and would love to post pictures but unfortunately i'm on my netbook and can't get my photos on here to post one. Baby Gap has the cutest stuff for little girls though - i could have bought the whole shop!

TMR1234 - yaaayyy on the pram! I've been looking at that pram too and its really nice.

Starting to get a bit concerned about the whole pram thing now as i feel like i should have bought one already?? Everyone seems to have theirs?? Me and DH just can't decide on one! Part of me wants to get a Bugaboo Chameleon but i've read such mixed reviews and can't decide whether they are worth the money?! Oh choices, choices!

I think we have decided on Emmaljunga City Cross. But i'll have to find a store that has it first. Don't want to buy it unseen.

What are usual costs for a pram? This one is about 7200NOK which is about 830 Euro's.

I'm back! Looks like it's been a bit busy - Shadow COME BACK :)

Rome was luvverly, although there was a certain amount of staring at my tummy with that 'is she just a bit plumpy or is there a baby...' expression. And some strange german man in our hotel just pointed at me and said 'pregnancy?' I mean, what do you say to that? I smiled and nodded and sprinted for the lift.

Our flight was delayed on the way home, BOO, and then we got back to find the cats had missed us so much they had left little rotting mice and birds all over the house and pooped all over our bed. BLEURGH. Was NOT a happy bunny. Thank heavens for the new mattress protector we bought after the last cat peeing on the bed incident (which resulted in a new mattress not four weeks ago). The mattress is fine, and that's the important thing. Poor OH was a bit stressed out though :(

We're not buying our pram for ages yet - we don't have anywhere to put it until our lodger moves out. And our friends who have a chameleon say it's great for offroading, but IMPOSSIBLE in town or on the tube or bus. They have a bee too, which they love for nipping about town. I wanted a Bee for ages, but the windoo sold me on the Loola.

Thank you wobbles!

I have found this site to be great and have enjoyed my new found friends and sisters to share my pregnancy with.

May I remind everyone that we are from different parts of the globe and what maynot be offensive to one group might be offensive to another.

That being said, we have all one common goal...to have beautiful healthy babies whether it be in august or some of us august mummies may roll over into september. There shouldn't be a rivarly here. We all love our LOs...no matter when they will be born!

Apparently I missed the name drama and I don't care to read it either. I love you all and think you all have a heart of gold.

Shadow, we love you dear!!! :hug:

That being said...can't we all just get along! ;)

xoxoxo

My delivery came!!! :happydance: So have now have a cot mattress but no cot (should be delivered next week). I kind of want to take it out of the packaging and jump around on it, but I know I can't return it if it's out of the wrapper (and with pregnant woman damage!) so am restraining myself.

Same kind of goes for the other things... I have a bottle chiller/warmer (to save me going downstairs every night in the middle of the night - it keeps a bottle chilled for 8 hours and then heats it in 6 or 7 mins), the changing mat with sheep I posted a link to yesterday, a matching room thermometer and the folding bath seat thing. The bath & nursery kit (which included stuff like the snot sucker, a digital thermometer, medicine dropper, etc) was not delivered but checking back on the last email I had it wasn't listed as having been dispached so am not worried.

Went back to the hairdresser this morning... after waking up and thinking, oh maybe I could get used to this after all. So the guy trimmed the bit off the back that he'd missed and trimmed some other bits that were not done very well, and we had a chat about how I can manage it, and I feel better about it all. It's still too short but heck, it's hair, it'll grow, and hopefully in a month it'll be perfect (rather than needing a trim).

And then I popped into the library and borrowed some books on labour, childcare and one for my OH on becoming a dad... I have looked around in book shops a bit but get too overwhelmed with the choice (what if I get the wrong one, etc) so library books are ideal for now. Have not really looked into the book on labour - it looks scary, a WHOLE book on the birth process... eeeeep. But I will get brave at some point in the next few weeks.

Have just realised, because I am having a week off work in the beginning of June, I have 5 weeks on, one week off then 5 back on and then I finish! It doesn't seem like a lot at all if I think about it in that way.

:D

Coffee and Auntie E - I also kind of wanted a Cameleon (my OH's sister has just bought one) but three things put me off - the weight, the bulkiness (big wheels, ok not huge but bigger than I can cope with, with our stairs) and the cost. So we're getting a Bee and I think it'll be ideal. Some people say their kids grow out of it quickly, and maybe that'll be the case for us, but for now this is what we need as we won't be moving somewhere with more space for at least 2 years. And when the wee boy is bigger, we can get a normal little folding buggy if we have to, one that doesn't cost hundreds anyway.

I liked the Loola and did consider it for a while (agree that the carrycot is a great option) but it was simply too heavy for me. :( We live on the second floor and I don't drive (am hoping to get going again after baby is here because we bought a car in Feb - failed test years and years ago and never bothered again because I didn't need to, living in London) so when my OH is at work, it'll be me taking baby out and carting the pushchair up and down the stairs. Also, we have practically no storage space so the Bee folding up small will help a lot.

Xarxa - there is such a range of different prams, pushchairs and travel systems available in the UK... you could spend £800 quite easily, if you bought a top of the range package that included a car seat, etc, or you could get basically the same package in a different range for closer to £300. The Silver Cross 3D pram that converts into a pushchair (no car seat), which I think is quite popular, is £335 at Mothercare right now; or the Bugaboo Cameleon is £620, but then you need to buy the fabric on top of that for £75; or the Bebe Confort Loola is £200 at the moment (usually £275) and then you can buy the Windoo carrycot for £170 more, again not including a car seat. My Bee, which I ordered from a small online shop, was £495 (4,830 NK, 552 euros) for the pushchair, baby nest, Maxi Cosi car seat and car seat pushchair adaptor, which was about £100 less than Mothercare's price for the same items.

My brother and sister in law live in Oslo and I think my sil ordered their first pushchair (for my nephew who was born in 2005) from Sweden. They might even have travelled to Sweden for it...

We're ground floor, so the weight of the Loola didn't put me off all that much - although I would have been if I lived on the second floor! I love my friends' Bee, it's so cute and light and the baby nest is gorge. I haven't decided on car seats yet, I might still get a package with the maxi cosi as well for short trips, it's just that we travel long distance quite a bit to see family, and stay over at the in laws, so the travel cot aspect is very appealing. I'm deffo getting mine from Ebay though, as you can get the Loola and Windoo ex display fairly easily and at a lovely discount.

Heh, no, I don't have a theme, but I love sheep and have lots of them all over my flat :D I have bought a fleece blanket for baby that has sheep on though, and a couple of other things from Mothercare's Sleepy Farm range...

blanket and the matching changing mat

the big sheep is mine. my dad gave him to me a few years ago. he is called Shaun. :) but baby can share him if he wants.

I love the little blanket and changing mat! VERY cute!! I'd say you have somewhat of a sheep theme whether you like it or not. :rofl::rofl:

Cleckner the pics of the emma and cloths are very cute

iam stuck on wwaht pram to get i like the silver cross 3d but oh wants 1 that faces u when in a pushchair mode awww its doing my head in. i was getting really down about it last night silly iknow.

on a good note got my baby chair yestaer day oh seid dnt get it out but u have to have a play. 3 more days in 2nd tri then i will see u in 3rd tri.

when are we gunna start the thred over there?

I was thinking I would start the thread over there on Monday. Does that sound good? I can move it now if I had to.

Overall girls, just let me know when you want me to move it! We can all move really, I don't think anyone would mind!! I mean we can all at least talk in the August thread when it's over there. I plan on still checking up in second tri for a while though in those random threads.

I can't not comment on this drama business.

Personally i prefer people speaking their mind and beeing honest. If you take offence of something that wasn't ment as an offence then the problem usually lies with yourself and not the person who 'offended' you in the first place.

I don't believe people post to be evil. so one should always take a deep breath and really think about 'is this person really trying to offend me' before throwing accusations.

I've noticed that this forum is unable to discuss anything because of it. People are unable to differ between the case being discussed and personal feelings. Meaning many get angry even if you just state a fact, doesn't have to be your opinion at all. I think this is very regrettable and is holding back alot of good discussions.

I think this is very well spoken hun. Have I ever told you how much I like you? Every time you post it is just really smart. :happydance::happydance: You should write in here more often!

Well, the mummies due on Aug 1st are 27 weeks on Saturday, so I say any time from now for the 3rd tri thread! I know I still have 12 days in here, but I'll happily post in both threads :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->