Official August Mummies Club!!

Well girls I haven't gotten though all the posts yet and am too tired to read them all so I have only gotten in a few pages from where I posted last.

Shadow: honey dont you change a thing, you are at the very heart of our August mummies club and we would be lost without you and love you to bits. :hug:
Thanks for your lovely comment, the pain is not so bad this week so hopefully it will stay that way for a while and have ordered one of the pillows so I will see how I get on with it.

Overcomer: so sorry to hear you are getting hassle with the insurance and pay cuts - our goverment is doing the same here, I am goverment paid and we all now have to pay a pension levy for the last few months which inititally sounded great as people thought this was to help ensure the safety of their pensions as the goverment had to use the pension money to help out the banks, turns out it is not going near the pension fund and just to the goverment to help with the current crises and worst of all I am not perminant staff so am not entitled to a pension but I still have to pay the pension levy, so really it was a pay cut across the public section but a sly way of doing it. I would have no problem taking a pay cut in these hard times but say its a pay cut instead of calling it something else.

Cleckner: I love the Emma sign and the cute clothes.

Mary Jo: I'm so sorry to hear about your hair cut going wrong there is nothing worse and I really hope you are happy with it now you have gone back.

TMR: Congrats on the new pram

Shiv: Glad to hear you got some sleep.

Xarxa: I have to agree with the girls well done on the posts.

Aunty E: so sorry to hear about the cats and am delighted you had a good time in Rome, did I hear to say some time back that you turned 30 this week or was that someone else? Congrats if it was you, I hit it in June.

W4B: I love the purchases

Well guys I am so tired I'm heading to bed, I know I still have to catch up on some of the posts, but I hope to do this over the weekend.

Here are some of my actual purchases so far! Those top three in the last two photos say "Mommy loves me" "Daddy loves me" and "Grandma loves me". The other two are just one stripey and one with duckies!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3
Sam and Laura: I hope your LOs are ok.

I am sad to say that I have to say bye to my august mummies. LO is doing fine but the dog chewed up my glasses and the computer hurts my eyes too much. The EARLIEST I would be back would be June. It isn't recommended for me to get an eye exam during pregnancy so I don't know what to do. The last script written was three years ago and they generally will not "refill" them. OH is going to talk to my dr to see if she will write me a "new" script to hold me over as these did great for me. The frames are still intact but the scratches reflect light in all directions making it very hard to see out of. If the dr is unwilling to write a "new" script, then I won't be able to get an eye exam until my hormones get straight. ...

smith87999 hope it was just a braxton hicks:hugs:

Sam_Star hope u start getting some good news soon.:hug:

overcomer79 hope u get sorted with some glasses soon.

Ack, overcomer! I'm so sorry to hear about your glasses... very much hope to see you back with us soon (in 3rd tri!!)

Take care, lovely. :hug:

Sam... and Smith - fingers crossed for you both. Thinking of you. Sam, don't worry about saying what you have to, it's a worrying time - please feel free to vent at any time, we are all here and listening and hoping for the best for little Elinor May and you.

W4B - awwwwwww, so CUTE! I LOVE the gorgeous little clothes! Squeeeeee!

Leo - awesome bump! I need to do new pics... maybe next week. :)

Oh, Laura and Sam, :hug: girlies!!! Big, big :hug:.... I'm so sorry to hear that you're both having stresses. Laura, I'm with you, hoping that it is just BH and that doc will set your mind at rest. Do let us know honey: We will be thinking of you :)
Sam, sweetheart, like the others have said, you have been SO brave and strong so far for little Elinor, you are MORE than welcome to have a little rant about it any time you need in here: That's what we are here for my dear :) I'm sending you massive :hug: and I agree that you need to try to stay positive in this. Once that little girl of yours gets home, you are gonna want to spoil her rotten, I'm sure :winkwink: You're totally amazing honey, I have such admiration for your wonderful strength through this. We'll do whatever we can to help, stay strong my dear :D :hugs:
Loving the cute purchases OC and W4B!! :happydance: It all looks so cute and totally awesome :D OC, I'm so sad to hear that you need a break from us :( But don't mess your poor eyes up my lovely, take a well-earned rest and we will catch you in third trimester hopefully!! You will be missed though :cry: :hugs:
Jelr... Thank you sweetheart, you are too lovely :winkwink: I'm not going anywhere :D I love you girls too much! Hehehe

Shadow x x x x x x

Well busy evening I can see! I'm thinking of little Elinor May, and hoping that you are finding the strength and support you need to get you and your little girl through this difficult time. Right now, she is in the best place she could be, with her mummy looking after her and providing everything she needs :hugs:

We still have a lodger, who fed the cats and chickens and changed the water etc, but apparently has no sense of smell and didn't look in our bedroom. sigh. I haven't seen him since we got back, as he works late and leaves early some days, but I'm going to ask if he was actually at home at all as the dead mouse (and his maggoty friends) stank.

Finished the last of the cat related washing last night, and actually I rather like that now the entire house smells of clean laundry and my bed is all fluffy and luvverly as my feather mattress protector and duvet have been in the tumble dryer. I slept VERY well last night.

Re braxton hicks, I've been getting a lot of tummy tightening, which I assume is a fore-runner to BH contractions. They're uncomfortable but not painful and my Mum says now is about the time to get them (and she should know after five pregnancies). I hope that those of you who are in pain with them feel better soon.

It's my thirtieth birthday on Monday, a bank holiday here in the UK (hurray) and so I'm having a party tomorrow night. I bought the BEST dress from Oasis, a couple of sizes large so that bump fits in, and am very excited by looking pretty darn funky in it. Will post piccies of me at my best, cutting-edge, I've lived in Shoreditch since before it was cool and oh yes, I'm 24 weeks pregnant-ness tomorrow. Have to make the cake tonight though, thank goodness OH is out :)

This week my bump shrank so much!
First pictures are from 23 weeks
https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/m_t_rose/P4220259.jpg
https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/m_t_rose/P4300269.jpg

Picture from 24 weeks
https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/m_t_rose/P4300270.jpg

We got the change table yesterday and we are getting the dresser and crib today!!!
https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/m_t_rose/P4300272.jpg

Some clothes I have gotten
https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/m_t_rose/P4300275.jpg
https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/m_t_rose/P4300276.jpg

And the bassinet that we will keep in our room for the first bit.
https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/m_t_rose/P4300274.jpg

Will post piccies of me at my best, cutting-edge, I've lived in Shoreditch since before it was cool and oh yes, I'm 24 weeks pregnant-ness tomorrow.

:rofl:
Awesome Aunty E :D Can't WAIT to see ya! :winkwink:

xx

Thank everyone for the well wishes... I was just too exhausted yesterday to get back on the computer.... I had contractions alllllll day long.... some big some small and some close together... Doc said cervix is closed and long and thick (TMI :blush:) that made me feel so much better...

I think that I just really over did on wednesday... and thurs morning...

Wednesday: Preschool board meeting, mowed our large lawn, cleaned and weeded all flowerbeds, cleaned and rearranged our playground area, cleaned the house top to bottom, made dinner for the family, laundry through out the day, went to bed, (live on a dairy farm) 30 large bulls got out at 3:00am and had to chase them for an hour and a half...

Thursday: Kids up by 7am... get Garrett off to school by 9am... aid call @10am (I am a volunteer EMT) and then planted things in a our large garden...stopped in my tracks because of constant contractions....

so she has told me to lay low for a week.... easier said than done...

She did a FM test swab to see if my body is putting off the hormones saying that I would deliver in the next two weeks... should hear back this morning... also tested for a UTI and should hear those results this morning too..

contractions have subsided for now... thank god... I hope I don't have them the whole time... I will be exhausted!!!!!!!:sleep:

Sounds like FAR too much to me, although I know how difficult it is to slow down, and I don't have any other children or a dairy farm to run :) Glad to hear Mrs Cervix is behaving herself though!

So some of you will be headed to the third trimester soon... we are almost there... I can't wait... (**sigh of relief**)

Hey ladies, gosh so much has gone on since Ive had a chance to look in.

Sam and Smith Im hoping that your contractions stop and things settle down, fingers crossed here for you. :hugs:

Happy birthday Aunty E, great to have it over a bank holiday weekend too. Have a fun party.

Lovely purchases ladies, makes me think I should at least start picking things out!

My memory is like a fish at the mo so now that im typing i cant remember what I was going to say:dohh: Preggy brain!

Is the August mummies thread moving to 3rd tri next week??? Or will there still be a thread here in 2nd tri??? only im due right at the end of August so im still 4wks away from 3rd tri, so im a bit confused as to which thread to follow ... or will both still keep going!

Im loving feeling lots of regular kicks throughout the day. Funny thing is each time I try to watch my tummy move its like he knows and stops then as soon as I stop watching he starts up again .... just like Daddy never do anything on demand!

Is the August mummies thread moving to 3rd tri next week??? Or will there still be a thread here in 2nd tri??? only im due right at the end of August so im still 4wks away from 3rd tri, so im a bit confused as to which thread to follow ... or will both still keep going!

both will keep going... this one will continue till we are all in third tri... but one should be starting in third tri any time now... :wohoo:

Thank you all so much for caring, shadow you made me cry :cry: in a good way lol!
I had the results from my MRI which showed the baby does have a hole in her diaphram and her bowel is in her chest but my consultant said that the lung capacity she does have is good so ive had some good news for once!!!!

Thank you all so much for caring, shadow you made me cry :cry: in a good way lol!
I had the results from my MRI which showed the baby does have a hole in her diaphram and her bowel is in her chest but my consultant said that the lung capacity she does have is good so ive had some good news for once!!!!
Is that something that they can "fix"? I'm sorry for questions... but I'm interested. Is it likely that she'll be okay, after a surgery?

Whoa, smith! Take it easy! Sheesh! This is what I mean when I say "I don't know how other women do it!". I thought I overworked myself (and I did, really) just by cleaning the house as best I could one day, and then going to to the Renaissance festival the next day, standing and walking all day (I do have some weird injury going on with my right ankle, foot, heel, whatever, which is INCREDIBLY painful).

Actually, that reminds me... there was a woman at the Ren. fest that said something about "I've been walking all day, so my feet hurt." and I turned to my husband and started swearing about her and how stupid she was! :rofl: Oh, I was pissed! :rofl: So then I just started plopping my butt down in the grass whenever I got the chance! One time, a nice old man in a kilt came up to me and asked me if I was okay. I told him that I was fine, and he said "Well, I just saw you on the ground, next to two men, so I thought I'd see if you were okay!" (my husband and his brother were those two men), so my husband was like "She's pregnant."

Is that something that they can "fix"? I'm sorry for questions... but I'm interested. Is it likely that she'll be okay, after a surgery?

Yeah she should be okay after surgery but may be on oxygen for a few years after, she is looking at a 2 month stay in hospital after birth x x x
Thank you for asking hun x

Yeah she should be okay after surgery but may be on oxygen for a few years after, she is looking at a 2 month stay in hospital after birth x x x
Thank you for asking hun x

I was wondering the same thing, thanks for filling us in Sam :D
I'm sorry I made you cry honey!!! LOL at least they were good tears (right?) :blush: Just as long as you know how awesome we think you are :D I'm proud to be an August mummy with you hehe...

LADIES, Vincent Regan is SURELY going to be a kick boxer or something!!! :hissy: He is practising a LOT in there tonight... *phew!*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->