Official August Mummies Club!!

Yeah, you know your right. I'd talk in 3rd tri. too. I think I'll move it within the next few days than. It can't hurt to move a bit early right?!

I think this is very well spoken hun. Have I ever told you how much I like you? Every time you post it is just really smart. :happydance::happydance: You should write in here more often!

Thank you, i really appreciate that. :happydance:

I'm the kind that doesn't speak unless i have something useful to add.

Heyyyyy lovely ladies!! How are we all today?

I've had a MUCH better day generally, though the weather lately has been wet and miserable, which has been making me a lot more achey and painful :dohh: But nothing too bad, I can handle it!

:hugs: :hugs: Just want to say how totally awesome I think all of you are, you're all so sweet and supportive and I just love being an August mummy and sharing this exciting experience with all of you. :happydance:

I really agree with Cleck too: Xarxa honey, you should post more often: You seem to be a very clever and "together" lady, I always enjoy hearing what you have to say and often find myself strongly agreeing :) It's cool if you like to sit "in the sidelines" though! When you do have stuff to say, it's always nice to hear from ya :winkwink:

Cleck, that arty project of yours is SO cute! I love those beautiful litle letters for Emma's wall, they're gonna look so gorgeous in your nursery with the colour scheme you have going: It's gonna be SUCH a smart little room! How's the cross-stitch coming along now? I have never tried cross-stitch myself, it looks so awesome though I think maybe I should give it a go :D I'm ALWAYS up for exciting new crafty projects...

At the mo, I am finishing painting the nursing chair, which I think is gonna look dead smart :dance: I will take some pics when I get it finished to show it off hehe, I'm taking it slowly as it is getting hard to crouch down to see what I'm doing with this HUGE bump!!! Anyone else starting to feel properly BIG now???

MJ, I'm so glad you managed to get the hair sorted out a bit better :D It's like you say honey; give it a month, and it will likely be at the perfect length for you to do it as you'd like. Did the same guy fix it for you? You're so brave hehehe I don't know whether I could let a guy like that near my hair a second time! But great that he fixed it somewhat for you :winkwink:

All of the pram talk sounds terribly complicated!!! I'm glad that we got ours nice and early, otherwise I'm sure I would have been mmm-ing and ahhh-ing over the MASSIVE choice range available!! I think it really depends on a lot of factors as to which pram will suit you best, so it's not really surprising that they have such a variety out there!

Today we braved the masses and went to Exeter High Street (in the rain!) to try to find maternity clothes... BIG mistake :rofl: I didn't come away COMPLETELY empty-handed... I got one vest top!! It was pretty pitiful... I don't know why there seems to be such a weird selection of clothing out there these days! It's like, I know just what I'd LIKE to find, but nothing even comes close! But anyway, I decided that I could manage for a bit longer with what I have (3 tops, plus the new vest top; two light hooded jersey-type things that go down over bump, one long jumper that covers bump, three skirts and a pair of jeans! And my trusty PJs, of course, for around the house!)

BUT the day was much improved by finding the sweetest little second-hand baby shop, run by a really lovely lady who helped us loads! We bought:
  • A Link-a-doos infant to toddler rocker for £20!! (Just the one I had wanted, nearly new, for nearly £20 less than I was going to pay online!)
  • A REALLY cute little green sleeping bag with "monster" feet and a little matching hat for £10
  • A fire-guard (which was on our list of essentials) for £10
  • A changing mat with little penguins on it (chosen by OH, not my favourite, but he likes it hehe! I figured it was ok to let him choose ONE thing for himself LOL) for just £4

:happydance: We're really pleased with it all! Especially the Link-a-Doos,I was amazed to see it in there!

Also, the nice lady talked to me about breast pumps: I really need an electronic one because of my hands (can't pump the manual ones) but the Avent ones are like £250 new! The lady told me about another type, called Medela, which she had used in some official NHS place because they researched it carefully and found it to be the best. And they are more like £50 new, so I'm happy! Going to look into getting one of those soon...

WOW this is turning into a long post, sorry girlies! I'm nearly done now, I promise :blush:
On the topic of moving over to thrid trimester, I'm happy to go whenever. I don't see there being any problem in us all moving (or starting to move) around the time at which the August 1st girls turn 27 weeks, but of course it is up to the lovely Cleckner, as she is the Boss of the List :D I must say, though, I am quite excited to be reaching that point!! Can't wait to set up properly in there hehe!!

Ok, I'm done now :winkwink: Sorry if there's stuff I've missed out... I've been reading everything and thinking of each of you lovelies, hope everyone is having a good day :)

Big huge :hug:

Shadow xx

Good advice on the breast bump shadow, will go and look for one now. I still have my friends but I've gone off the idea of buying new bits for that after what you lovely ladies said. :hugs:

I really agree with Cleck too: Xarxa honey, you should post more often: You seem to be a very clever and "together" lady, I always enjoy hearing what you have to say and often find myself strongly agreeing :) It's cool if you like to sit "in the sidelines" though! When you do have stuff to say, it's always nice to hear from ya :winkwink:

You guys really are boosting my confidence today. Suprisingly after my day today, I'm on top of the world. Thanx :)

:shock:
OH says he feels like he's getting ill, says it feels like when he had the flu...
:shock:

Our flight was delayed on the way home, BOO, and then we got back to find the cats had missed us so much they had left little rotting mice and birds all over the house and pooped all over our bed. BLEURGH. Was NOT a happy bunny. Thank heavens for the new mattress protector we bought after the last cat peeing on the bed incident (which resulted in a new mattress not four weeks ago). The mattress is fine, and that's the important thing. Poor OH was a bit stressed out though :(
Oh my! Did you have someone coming to the house to check in on the cats? My cats have never done anything like that, thank goodness, but I've never left them completely alone for any time longer than a few hours... there's always someone around to give them attention when they need it.

Our flight was delayed on the way home, BOO, and then we got back to find the cats had missed us so much they had left little rotting mice and birds all over the house and pooped all over our bed. BLEURGH. Was NOT a happy bunny. Thank heavens for the new mattress protector we bought after the last cat peeing on the bed incident (which resulted in a new mattress not four weeks ago). The mattress is fine, and that's the important thing. Poor OH was a bit stressed out though :(

:rofl: LOL Aunty E, I must have missed this before... I'm sorry, but it really made me chuckle!!! Goodness, what a situation to come home to eh?! :rofl: Poor kitties... Poor OH... Poor you!! Hehehe

xx

Ohhh hehe W4B, great minds or what, I didn't even see your post till I posted mine! Hehe

Well gals... I have been having contractions all morning... it is 1:30pm and I am laying on my moms couch resting till my dr appt at 3:10pm.... I am sure they are just braxton hicks... but they just keep coming and I never had braxton hicks with any of my other boys... so hopefully they will just check me out and I will be back home to report I am fine and dandy... please just say a little prayer for this baby that it is nothing more...

It just makes me a bit nervous... which I am sure doesen't help things...

Laura

Thanks gals... have a great day...

:happydance:

Attachments

• P4300267.jpg
    P4300267.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2
  • P4300268.jpg
    P4300268.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 5
  • P4300269.jpg
    P4300269.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1
  • P4300270.jpg
    P4300270.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0
  • P4300271.jpg
    P4300271.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1
A closeup of the last one :)

Attachments

• P4300272.jpg
    P4300272.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 2
Well gals... I have been having contractions all morning... it is 1:30pm and I am laying on my moms couch resting till my dr appt at 3:10pm.... I am sure they are just braxton hicks... but they just keep coming and I never had braxton hicks with any of my other boys... so hopefully they will just check me out and I will be back home to report I am fine and dandy... please just say a little prayer for this baby that it is nothing more...

Laura

I hope that you and the baby are okay.

hi girls heres a post of my bump this morning its not very good so sorry though it was about time i did sorry its not a good one xx

Attachments

• HPIM0606.jpg
    HPIM0606.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 6
Laura im praying for our LO xx
Can i have a bit of a moan??
I think the seriousness of Elinors condition has kicked in today :cry: i was looking at the pram i have chosen and suddenly thought "i may not need it" and immedietly burst into tears i think i've been pretty strong through all this but i really dont know what to expect. I keep thinking should i buy clothes, nappies, car seat, pram or anything because she wont be coming home with me straight away :cry:
Im so sorry for lowering the mood but i dont know what to think anymore should i think positive and risk being thrown into turmoil? Or do i expect the worst and drive my self a little cookoo????
Plus i have been having mini contractions all day which are probably braxton hicks but everyone of them send my into a fit!!
Sorry again for being on a downer xx

Laura im praying for our LO xx
Can i have a bit of a moan??
I think the seriousness of Elinors condition has kicked in today :cry: i was looking at the pram i have chosen and suddenly thought "i may not need it" and immedietly burst into tears i think i've been pretty strong through all this but i really dont know what to expect. I keep thinking should i buy clothes, nappies, car seat, pram or anything because she wont be coming home with me straight away :cry:
Im so sorry for lowering the mood but i dont know what to think anymore should i think positive and risk being thrown into turmoil? Or do i expect the worst and drive my self a little cookoo????
Plus i have been having mini contractions all day which are probably braxton hicks but everyone of them send my into a fit!!
Sorry again for being on a downer xx

Sam Star honey you are not putting a downer on the post, this is what we are here for. You have been so brave so far it was bound to hit home at some stage and make you panic, but I think the best thing to do is think positive and all those good thoughts will be good for you LO.

Keep the chin up and we are all thinking of you hopefully you will get good results from the MRI which will help. fingers crossed hun. Lots of :hug: and you take the time to have a moan here when ever you want. Xx

Laura

Fingers crossed for you Laura, I really hope your appointment went well and please let us know how you got on asap. hopefully it is only Braxton hicks :hug:

Laura

Hey Laura,

I hope it's nothing, just a braxton hicks...is it sporadic? please don't worry too much. I will pray that it will be ok..take care

Here's some stuff that I haven't bought yet, but I put on my registry! The rest are links because they're pictures you can zoom in on and I couldn't take the image from the website. Later I'll post with some of the clothes that I've already bought. (I felt left out not posting about all of my purchases... can't post the crib and dresser yet, 'cause husband hasn't made them yet!)
51-oeTFDjAL._AA400_.jpg

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...59CVRNIT5A9&coliid=I31HUZTMPZ2CGW&bckreg=baby

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...059CVRNIT5A9&coliid=IFFOZD6E4JO4F&bckreg=baby

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...059CVRNIT5A9&coliid=I9R5ATOEDAMVM&bckreg=baby

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...059CVRNIT5A9&coliid=I1O7M384C4BTQ&bckreg=baby

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...59CVRNIT5A9&coliid=I3QB14WD3XNEN3&bckreg=baby

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...059CVRNIT5A9&coliid=IMLR4CV52HG5E&bckreg=baby

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...059CVRNIT5A9&coliid=IKL9O0SCMLL3J&bckreg=baby

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...59CVRNIT5A9&coliid=I1US6QBQ5GU38M&bckreg=baby

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.ht...59CVRNIT5A9&coliid=I2YPKGDK56F1QJ&bckreg=baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->