Official August Mummies Club!!

Hi ladies - first of all :hugs: to Sam-Star!!

Congrats to Pippin on viability
Good news Elly on your LO.
Happy double digits to everyone who is there!
Welcome to the newbies

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend (and for those of you in England yay for having an extra day off tomorrow :happydance:)

My hubby felt the baby for the first time today :happydance: I have an anterior placenta so I wasn't sure it was ever gonna happen!! I also saw my belly move when the baby kicked which was pretty freaky!!

We are getting a take-away to celebrate (any excuse!)

Anyway - have a lovely evening ladies xx

Thanks ladies for all your congratulations, it feels good to know little one has a chance now. We've also decided pretty much on the name Sam so doubly happy today. Could change when we see him but for now I'm really happy with that.

Elly great news on cysts draining :happydance:

Jai_Jai I have bought LOADS, too many clothes now although I think I'll use them all, nappy stuff bought, bath stuff bought including bath robe, all bedding bought, muslin squares, bibs and even a sun hat. I just need to get cot mattress now and my hospital bag. All the basics are bought :blush: It's so easy to over spend!!!!

Shiv great news on OH feeling movement, Sam goes a bit shy round his Dad but he's felt him a few times now.

:hi: Pelican

Happy double digits to all you lovely ladies, not long now for the rest of us :yipee:

Had a lovely day with MIL so all well and good :happydance:

Hello all

I've been away for a few days and struggled to catch up - but am very glad to see the chatter is back!! I won't reply individually, as the post would be 10 pages long!! but am glad everyone and their LO's are well.

Shiv and Vici - I have an anterior placenta too and my DH felt babe for the first time yesterday!! Its just so lovely to feel her and see her moving around isnt it?!

Am I the only one who hasn't bought anything for the baby yet??? I have started looking, but still feel like its early days. Have been interested in seeing which prams you are all getting as I am finding that the most complicated choice!

xx

I bought the Mothercare mychoice4 buggy in grey. I love it but it's big, hope this doesn't annoy me!!! Picture below. Start buying hon it's great fun :yipee:

Attachments

• 511v9iMu+kL._SX315_SY375_.jpg
    511v9iMu+kL._SX315_SY375_.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
Oh yeah! I forgot that I bought my travel system a while ago!

https://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04988514000P?keyword=evenflo+journey&sLevel=0

https://evenflo.com/images/products/lrg4801886.jpg

My husband had to figure out how the car seat worked with the base for me while I put the stroller together. :rofl: The wheels have little plastic hubcaps!

Hi Ladies! I don't come in here often, i get so confused with all the different conversations - blonde blonde blonde:rofl:!!! Its just i realised before that august mummies are starting to move to 3rd! It feels so sad! I think we've all gotten to know each other better and bonded so much more than in 1st tri. I know we'll all be over there really soon but its still shocked me! x x x

:wohoo: Pippin!! I think I am at the same stage as u although i think i am regretting buying as many clothes as i have as not knowing the sex......but i just got so dam excited :rofl:

We bought this buggy - well my Granny did bless her :cloud9:

https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-ultima-8-in-1-mpx-chassis-balmain/259793202/type-i/

although we didnt spend that much on it! :D

Aww Jai_Jai great pram and I love the little stand idea and chair, very useful when going places. I was worried I had too many baby grows and stuff but I figured it wouldn't be wearing that many day clothes early on. Everything is just so soft and inviting, make you buy it :rofl: I don't want to wash them as I'm worried they won't be as soft but I know we have too.

Oh and the hiccups (I forgot to say) felt like tiny rhythmic kicks that went on for about 5 minutes, a few seconds apart, it was so cute. I put my phone on my belly and you could see it wobble every time it was adorable but I did feel guilty. I don't think I wold have noticed if I was lying down quietly in bed.

Morning gals, hope you are all fine :D My god i'm getting soooo fed up of not being able to sleep past 6am!!! Feel like i've been up forever already, was hoping to get some rest built up before LO gets here :hissy::dohh: Off to see my had and grandparents today in Norfolk which should be nice :)

kaygeebee - glad the kicks are back hun, LO must have been sleepy :D

smith87999 - i've got "the" waddle too :D but only when i start to get tired or my legs or feet hurt, DF knows now when i need to sit down as I look like a weeble :D

Sam_star - hope you're feeling better today hun, Big hugs x

Pelican - welcome :D Congrats on your :blue: bump. Are you a first time M2B? :D

Shiv and Loo - thats fab news, hope for me yet. Think I may have felt LO once yesterday so things are looking up :D

Pippin - Sam is a lovely name, well chosen :D Lovely pram :D

Armywife - Hi :thumbup: There'll still be a few of us here for a while but the transfer window has def opened :D

Jai_jai_ lovely buggy and prob the one we'd have gone for had we had more money lol :D

I know this may sound weird but I think we should find out everyones "proper" names as I feel like I should call my friends by their names :D

O and this is our travel system :D

https://www.baby-kit.co.uk/images/large_graco_vivots_butterscotch.jpg

Brought for the bargain price of £139.99 inc rain cover and matching changing bag :D

vici thats the same pram we had for my son 4 yrs ago.

iv got the waddle when i have been on my feet all day. 27weeks today so i best go and see what 3rd tri is up to see u over there ladys

Hey ladies hope those of you in the UK are having a nice Bank holiday - I didn't get up until 11am -(lazy lump!) making the most of my lie in's while I can!

Pippin - congrats on viability thats wonderful! Cant wait till I get there next week. So cool about the hiccups I hope I start to feel them soon. Sam is such a cute name one we considered too.

Hello to all the new ladies, good to have a few new faces around as people exit to 3rd tri!

Loo - I've not bought anything yet, though DH and I did get out at the weekend and start looking at what we need and the type of strollers we'd like etc etc, think we will wait another month or two before we start to buy as I still worry too much! Glad to hear your DH felt your LO move. A guy in mothercare advised us to go on the Which website as they give advice from parents on which prams are good etc.

MaryJo I love the dress - looking good, Hope you had a good party!

Samstar - Staying in bed sounds like a good plan, hope you feel better soon hun :hugs:

I had a sharp pain on my bump in bed last night woke me up, LO was kicking away and still is so I know it's not anything serious - Is that what Braxton Hicks feels like?? I got a pillow and put it under bump and the pain eased, so maybe it was too much pressure?

Another post but looking for your thoughts on whether i'm having a boy or girl?

Me and DH are convinced we are having a boy - We didn't get the gender confirmed so it's 50-50. So many people have said they think it's a girl so the doubts have started to kick in. So I though I'd list my symptoms so far and see what you think.

No real morning sickness - only slight queezyness from 9wks - 18wks.

Hair and skin are good and shiney.

BB's have only annoyingly gone up one cup size.

Alot of headaches/migranes.

Not put on much noticable extra weight around body other than bump

Totally off sweet things particularly in 1st tri, more into savoury and salty, and eating lots of fruit, dislike veggies. Went off fish (though i can eat it now again) and went of steaks and slabs of meat. Went off OJ, prefer to just drink water.

What do you think boy or girl?

Here's a pic of my bump at 23 wks.... those aren't stretch marks just marks from being in bed!

What do you think?

Attachments

• 23wks.jpg
    23wks.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3
Thanks everyone for the pram pics and ideas. We are going to start looking. Vici how did you get yours so cheap? I heard about Which? too Tillymum.

Tillymum - I havent had Braxton Hicks yet, but I think they are supposed to feel more like tightenings than pain. Any experienced mums out there might know better though...

x

Well on the bump being all front it should be a girl....but those food likes/dislikes it should be a boy!! So not sure...

Whats your gut instinct?

i had all the same as u and having a boy totaly dif with my son and still had a boy

Well on the bump being all front it should be a girl....but those food likes/dislikes it should be a boy!! So not sure...

Whats your gut instinct?

Gut instinct is totally a boy - not feeling much girl vibes at all!

My gut feeling was wrong, but it wont go away. Wierd.

I haven't really had any "symptoms" at all.

no ms, no headache, no nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->