• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official August Mummies Club!!

hi girls hope your all good .well builder meant to be coming on Thursday to sort walk in wardrobe doors out. so will be able to get started on baby's room. I'm also sick of having no money were really having to watch every 1p . hope every one else is good take care gemx

Hi girls, hope you've all had a fab day :D

Tillymum - i think boty but only as a total random guess lol. People keep asking me what I think we're having and I really have no feeling at all! DF just keeps telling people that there'll be a 50/50 chance of getting it right lol :D

Loo - I saw it in Argos for £200 in a new colour after looking at the quattro deluxe and thinking it was a wee bit big. I then searched and searched and found a fab deal on ebay which was in an older colour but one i liked sooo much more. Can't go wrong really :D

Sam - glad you're feeling better hun :D

cleckner - Hi Samantha :D I just think its nice to know peoples names :D lol @ you going into 1st tri :D

Pippin - i think thats a lovely name and most def doesn't seem like a double barrelled name :)

Laura - fab idea, just think it makes it a bit nicer :D I think Rainey is lovely. My cousin is called Lorraine and has always been Rainy so again doesn't sound like a surname :D

Shadow - so sorry to hear you're feeling poo :( Hate to tell you but i've had it for about 2 weeks now. Started as a sore throat, went to runny nose, then lost my voice for 3 days, now the worst sore throat and chesty cough!! Even gave in a brough halls soothers today! Big hugs from me. And another snooker lover, yay :happydance:

m_t_rose - they are fab, massive well done hun :D Our nursery is jungle too and we're going to do enlaged murials of our bedding elephant and giraffes :D

Gem - know the feeling babe, since DF was made redundant and has gone self employed, we have to be so so careful depending on the amount of work he's got on!

And guess what girls?

My LO starting kicking me today :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Woo hoo, finally :D :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

I bought a pram today. Well i ordered it anyway.

now i have some colour problems.

I ordered it in Pro-Lime, but my OH doesn't like it and would rather have navy.

What do you all think?

https://babyshop.no/wsp/babyshop/fr...&template=product_info&func_id=29202&open=976

I like the lime one but i also like alot of the other colours, they have loads to choose from :)

Don't worry, hubby says i've used up all my luck and will have a terrible birth, so you can have the easy one i suppose.
:rofl::rofl: What birth isn't terrible is what I'm wondering?! Something that big just shouldn't fit out of something that small! :rofl::rofl:

Then you haven't seen that freaky video on youtube with the lady smiling all the way through it. Looks like she's just relaxing and the baby does everything on its own.
I wonder what kind of drugs they gave her! :rofl:

I like the lime one but i also like alot of the other colours, they have loads to choose from :)

Well i want a neutral colour as i hate when everyone expects blue to be a boy and pink to be a girl. Plus light colours just doesn't sound like a good idea because it will be harder to clean. So that leaves navy, black and lime. And navy and black seems abit boring, everyone else has it.

Hello ladies

Vici - am so glad youve felt the movements. its such a massive milestone and is so reassuring and lovely when you do. Especially when everyone else has been talking about them since so early!

Tillymum - hmmm...maybe boy then! but suppose we will all just have to wait and see

pippin - I think kids dont often get teased about their middle names. Just first and surnames and the odd suprised look when they find out the middle name of a long term friend that they didnt know!!

xx

Well i want a neutral colour as i hate when everyone expects blue to be a boy and pink to be a girl. Plus light colours just doesn't sound like a good idea because it will be harder to clean. So that leaves navy, black and lime. And navy and black seems abit boring, everyone else has it.

They are all very smart looking, but personally I love the red ones (one all red and one red and black- both cool) and the brown. I think brown goes with lots of colours, too, so when you're pushing little one about and have blankets and things all in there too, I think the brown would look cool against lots of other colours :D

my baby room is sunshine safari which is based on lion giraffesand elephant . colour is green orange and yellow xxx

I bought a pram today. Well i ordered it anyway.

now i have some colour problems.

I ordered it in Pro-Lime, but my OH doesn't like it and would rather have navy.

What do you all think?

https://babyshop.no/wsp/babyshop/fr...&template=product_info&func_id=29202&open=976

i like the lime girl i think its really cool, and i know what you mean about the pink/blue thing, :)

ive only just started following this thread properly :blush: so gunna make an effort to join in properly in 3rd i think!!

hope everyones okay! xx

I'm in a really rotten mood. sorry I've been so quiet, ladies...

problem is this: a few weeks ago my downstairs neighbour's flat got new tenants. (we live on the top two floors of a Victorian conversion, the new neighbours are in the 1st floor, middle flat, directly below us.)

now, I bought my flat 9.5 years ago and up till about a year ago never had any problem with any of the neighbours. until about 3 years ago we were all owner-occupiers. then my downstairs neighbour moved in with a bloke and started renting her flat.

none of the tenants were a problem until a year ago, when a gay male couple moved in. now they were fine except they had noisy sex frequently and worse, had massive rows, one of which was so bad we called the police because there was clearly violence going on and the sounds of glass smashing. but it was just noise and not constant, ot enough to complain to them over.

then in about feb this year a couple with a toddler moved in. noise wasn't the issue for me (but it was for my ground floor neighbour) but they were messy - they left piles of footwear - shoes and boots - at the bottom of my stairs, in the communal area, then started to often leave their pushchair lying right across the landing, in my way, and boxes. also, they'd leave litter, like McDonald's bags and jiuce cartons, in the communal hallway. then my ground floor neighbour complained to their landlord and suddenly one day after about 2 months in the flat they left.

now another pair has moved in and they are smokers. I am certain my neighbour (their landlady) will have requested nonsmoking tenants because she was one of the most anal people I have ever come across (she used to complain about the noise my ironing board made on the wooden floor, for example - and I only ironed like once every 2 months!). these people are constantly opening and closing the sash windows and hanging outside to smoke, which is another reason I am sure they are not meant to be smoking in the flat. and the small has tarted to infiltrate my flat. my OH and I both absolutely HATE it and it's not just me being over-sensitive to the smell as he is bothered too (also by the noise of the windows opening and closing every 20 mins).

I don't know what else to do but to complain to their landlady - but I don't have a good relationship with her because of the ironing board thing and also because she tried to stop me listening to music - which was coming from an extremely non-powerful stereo system and never later than 10pm anyway. but I can't bear this smell. it's getting worse - we had visitors today and even they noticed it. we don't even have our windows open and the smell is coming in, so what it's going to be like when it's warmer and we do have the windows open... :(

and of course, I don't want my baby smelling their stale smoke. it's foul. really rank. I am so upset and I WILL write an email but I just don't know how to word it - I hate making complaints about people. and I'm scared nothing can be done and we're going to have to put up with it. after 9.5 years of being happy in my home, this is honestly the first time I have not wanted to be here, have not felt comfortable here. it's MY HOME ffs.

:(

sorry for the rant. am just at a bit of a loss

Ohh the lime green one is nice, personally.

To heck with the blue for boys, pinks for girl stuff.

Little one was rather quiet today (only felt a little nudges) however I dunno if that was due to stress at work or just that they're poking an area a lot that I"m not feeling.

Shadow, hope you feel better soon!

Mary Jo, may want to speak to the landlady as this sounds really bad and don't want the little one breathing in the stuff, let alone you. :(

Xarxa- I LOVE the lime green for the stroller. It would be my first pick. And LOL about a video of a woman with an easy, smiling birth. I only wish it could be that enjoyable. :rofl:

Vici- Aww I'm so happy to hear that LO is kicking away in there!! :happydance::happydance: It really is amazing isn't it?! I just can't get over how great it feels. Its no wonder women want to get pregnant over and over again. :dohh:

MJ- Oh you poor dear. I understand completely the hatred of smoke. I can't stand it myself. I truly hope you can work it all out. :hugs::hugs: There is no reason you should have to suffer because of other people's bad behavior.

Okay so I had my 3D ultrasound done earlier tonight. I know no one is on now but I figured I'd post them up before heading off to bed. Emma, as usual, wouldn't cooperate. She is head down and is using my placenta as a pillow so she is pretty much hiding her face the whole time. But we did get a few cute ones. Although, not as clear as others that I've seen. :dohh:

She had a constant smile on her face though, which made me so utterly happy that I can't even explain it. She just seems so happy in there. :cloud9::cloud9:

I completely recommend this to anyone. I wish I would have waited a bit longer though for clearer pictures. But I plan on booking another appointment for around 32-34 weeks! :happydance:

Happy Viability Day to me :cake:

:wohoo: :yipee: :wohoo: :dance: :wohoo: :yipee: :wohoo: :dance: :wohoo: :yipee: :wohoo: :dance:
:wohoo: :yipee: :wohoo: :dance: :wohoo: :yipee: :wohoo: :dance: :wohoo: :yipee: :wohoo: :dance:

I am sooooo pleased my LO would have a chance now if s/he got too excited and came out, its such a relief to reach this milestone!!! :happydance: But pls little jellytot Mummy would like you to stay in for just at least another 14 weeks - after that you can disobey me when your a teenager :rofl:

I'm in a really rotten mood. sorry I've been so quiet, ladies...

problem is this: a few weeks ago my downstairs neighbour's flat got new tenants. (we live on the top two floors of a Victorian conversion, the new neighbours are in the 1st floor, middle flat, directly below us.)

now, I bought my flat 9.5 years ago and up till about a year ago never had any problem with any of the neighbours. until about 3 years ago we were all owner-occupiers. then my downstairs neighbour moved in with a bloke and started renting her flat.

none of the tenants were a problem until a year ago, when a gay male couple moved in. now they were fine except they had noisy sex frequently and worse, had massive rows, one of which was so bad we called the police because there was clearly violence going on and the sounds of glass smashing. but it was just noise and not constant, ot enough to complain to them over.

then in about feb this year a couple with a toddler moved in. noise wasn't the issue for me (but it was for my ground floor neighbour) but they were messy - they left piles of footwear - shoes and boots - at the bottom of my stairs, in the communal area, then started to often leave their pushchair lying right across the landing, in my way, and boxes. also, they'd leave litter, like McDonald's bags and jiuce cartons, in the communal hallway. then my ground floor neighbour complained to their landlord and suddenly one day after about 2 months in the flat they left.

now another pair has moved in and they are smokers. I am certain my neighbour (their landlady) will have requested nonsmoking tenants because she was one of the most anal people I have ever come across (she used to complain about the noise my ironing board made on the wooden floor, for example - and I only ironed like once every 2 months!). these people are constantly opening and closing the sash windows and hanging outside to smoke, which is another reason I am sure they are not meant to be smoking in the flat. and the small has tarted to infiltrate my flat. my OH and I both absolutely HATE it and it's not just me being over-sensitive to the smell as he is bothered too (also by the noise of the windows opening and closing every 20 mins).

I don't know what else to do but to complain to their landlady - but I don't have a good relationship with her because of the ironing board thing and also because she tried to stop me listening to music - which was coming from an extremely non-powerful stereo system and never later than 10pm anyway. but I can't bear this smell. it's getting worse - we had visitors today and even they noticed it. we don't even have our windows open and the smell is coming in, so what it's going to be like when it's warmer and we do have the windows open... :(

and of course, I don't want my baby smelling their stale smoke. it's foul. really rank. I am so upset and I WILL write an email but I just don't know how to word it - I hate making complaints about people. and I'm scared nothing can be done and we're going to have to put up with it. after 9.5 years of being happy in my home, this is honestly the first time I have not wanted to be here, have not felt comfortable here. it's MY HOME ffs.

:(

sorry for the rant. am just at a bit of a loss

Maybe you should try talking to the tenants first. If they start acting up you can always say that you know they aren't allowed to smoke inside and that you will tell the landlord if they don't stop hanging out the window.

Personally i prefer when people come talk to me rather then complain to the landlord. Maybe they just don't think about the fact that it is annoying for the other neighbours.

Okay so I had my 3D ultrasound done earlier tonight. I know no one is on now but I figured I'd post them up before heading off to bed. Emma, as usual, wouldn't cooperate. She is head down and is using my placenta as a pillow so she is pretty much hiding her face the whole time. But we did get a few cute ones. Although, not as clear as others that I've seen. :dohh:

She had a constant smile on her face though, which made me so utterly happy that I can't even explain it. She just seems so happy in there. :cloud9::cloud9:

I completely recommend this to anyone. I wish I would have waited a bit longer though for clearer pictures. But I plan on booking another appointment for around 32-34 weeks! :happydance:

Aww she has the cutest little nose. Great pictures!

I wish I would've seen my boy SMILE. :( He just hates ultrasounds a lot.... :cry: But oh well. Your baby's so precious!

Morning gals!! I'm not feeling too bad today (just wish this cough would go) so i think i'm going to go and buy a new bra and maybe some clothes :D

MJ, that sounds awful, no way I could cope with it either. Such a tricky one as unless she has def stated no smoking they're not doing anything wrong :( Anyway you can find out?

Cleckner - bless her heart, our LO never cooperates either but she has such a cute nose and smile :D

Jai_Jai - happy viability day to you hun :happydance:

And

HAPPY VIABILITY DAY TO ME!!!!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Morning girls!

Thanks for responding on the boy/girl prediction, I think we'll just have to think girl thoughts too and expect one or the other. Cleckner I did have a dream it was a girl, though she was black and sooo cute!! LOL!

Happy viability day vici and jai-jai, i'm excited about getting there there myself any day now.

MJ I would complain, it's your home and this is affecting your life so you have every right to object!

xarxa I like the lime green option as it's nice and fresh looking and gender neutral too.

Pippin I love the name you picked, sounds very distinguished. I'm thinking of possibly using the Gaelic version of my maiden name for a girl to carry it on - Rhian or Rhianna and second name CaitlLYN to carry on my mothers maiden name Lyng, my first name already ends in LYN so i already have part of my mum's maiden name and I love it.

I'm on my non work day today, but I lost my debit card last week totally pregnancy brain fuzz and the new one hasn't arrived, so can't go shopping - so i'll just have to stay in and house hunt on line. Though I could do a window shopping jaunt to Toys r us as I heard they have good deals on baby gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->