• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official August Mummies Club!!

Morning everyone!!
Im already having a bad day i didnt get a wink of sleep all night and then when ifinally drifted off i slept through my alarm which means my eldest son didnt fget to school today (this honestly never happens) now i feel like the worlds worst mum :cry:

Happy viability day Vici and Jai-jai - i'll be there tomorrow!!!

Xara i love the lime pram its stunning!!!

Cleck i love your scan pics they are sooo cute!!!!

Mj i would talk to the tenants themselves and if they dont cooperate bury them in the garden and blame it on hormones - hehe!!

Sorry if i've missed anyone out my brain is not what it used to be and it was never that good!!

Morning all! Cleck, lovely piccies of Emma, she looks so CUTE! Am quite tempted to have a 3D scan done, but OH thinks they're creepy. We'll see. We're going to have one done to check where Imogen is lying anyway, as she's almost always breech (rolls transverse for about five minutes and then goes back again) and I want to know at about 34 weeks so I can make them book me in for a c section if need be (I'm paranoid because a friend lost a baby in an undiagnosed breech birth).

I think the lime is MUCH nicer than the navy, but my OH would agree with yours. Although he did say I could have a red pram if I wanted...

MJ, it sounds to me like your downstairs neighbour (the landlady) would want to know if people were smoking in her flat - it will be really difficult for her to let out if it reeks of smoke when these people go. Just be as polite as possible. Our upstairs neighbours drop cigarette ends into our garden, and we let their landlords know and it turned out that it was a non-smoking let. sigh. They didn't seem too bothered, just started smoking off their balcony instead, but that doesn't hang over my garden so I'm happy.

In interesting (for which read GROSS) pregnancy news, I was drying after a shower the other day and noticed that I was leaking colostrum. URGH. yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk. I hate my boobs at the moment - they're too big, my nipples are gross and huge and purple, they look awful in all my clothes, none of my bras fit, and now they're oozing. I hope I get a better relationship with them after Imogen's born.

Another random thing for the day, Emma seems to be a jumping bean on my bladder today. She keeps shoving into it so I feel like I'm going to burst at any moment. :rofl:

lol, i think brooke thinks my bladder is a stress ball lmao, she been moving really strange lately, feels amazing but strange at the same time, cant complain tho...i love it :) xx:happydance:

is ne 1 else been offered growth scans?????? i got 1 on the 18th june ( i will be 32 weeks) just wondered if they do it everywhere....i know she growing well, i am mqassive lmao :) xx

I don't get anymore scans :cry: I would love to have another one just to see how LO is doing.

Ok, so i followed all of your advice on the pram and ordered it in Lime :D

OH is just gonna have to live with it.

Besides since we're due in august it's probably good to have a colour that shows when it gets dark. The winter can be dangerous in the traffic when you're not noticed.

Thank you, everyone, for your support and suggestions re my neighbours - Xarxa and Sam, I know the ideal would be to speak to the tenents ourselves but I am scared and unassertive (though I KNOW I'd do it if I have to when our baby is here); we share a hallway with these people and we do not have separate mailboxes, and I'm scared they'd throw a brick through my window or steal my post or start playing music very loudly, and do nothing about the smoking - I am sure I'm being paranoid about it but... I'm afraid I don't tend to assume the best about people. :( It's a failing of mine.

So I spoke to my mum this morning and we drafted an email, which my OH has sent (because of me not having a good relationship with the owner). It went as follows:

Dear Flat Owner

I'm sorry to be getting in touch with you about your tenants. I am Mary Jo's fiance and we are both living in her flat, above your own. I don't know if you are aware that your new tenants are chain smokers? They smoke out of the back and front windows and although our own windows are closed most of the time, the smell of the smoke is permeating our whole flat (and must therefore be polluting your flat, too). In addition they either leave the windows wide open or they are slammimg them up and down frequently, approximately every 20 minutes in the evening, late into the night and usually during the night as well.

We have not approached them ourselves because we felt addressing the issue would be best done by you or your letting agent.

MJ and I are expecting a baby in August and we're both finding this smoking issue distressing; we hope to have it resolved soon.

Regards
MJ's OH

So - I hope that's ok, not aggressive or demanding or unreasonable?

Other than that I went to the doc this morning with my heartburn and got prescribed Gaviscon. I hope to god it works better than rennies because it's got BAD this last week or so. And I booked a 4D scan for next Monday! Cleck, your pics are gorgeous, Emma is such a sweetheart, smiling away! :D

Xarxa, I like the lime pram as well. we chose dark khaki for ours mostly because I didn't like the black one and thought the blue was a bit bright and the other colours would fade/get dirty.

Vici and Jai jai - yay for viability! so exciting to hit that milestone! I'm 26 weeks today and off to 3rd tri for real in a week! no idea where the time has gone...

and eeeep, Aunty E - leaking boobs! how glamorous :rofl: - guess you can take comfort in the fact that they are working properly! mine have been resolutely dry - for a variety of reasons I don't think I'll be able to breastfeed so I'd welcome a bit of colostrum myself... :D

I started commenting on the text, but i didn't see you already sent it. so nvm.

No i don't think its aggresive, demanding or unreasonable!

I wish you good luck!

Good luck MJ hope it all works out i dont like confronting people myself so i usually get Darren to do it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good letter I think, exactly the right tone.

It is nice to know that it's all working ok in there as I'm planning on using them! I suppose that explains why they've been so sore recently, I had nasty nasty stabbing pains most of the way to Rome :(

I've been looking at doing a short hypnobirthing course with these people

https://www.hypnobirthing4u.co.uk/courses.htm

As my mil gave me vouchers for an alternative health centre for my birthday, and I should be able to use them to pay for most of this. However, it is not going to be easy to persuade OH to attend. Am very tempted to take a friend along instead, as I hope that they'll be present at the birth anyway. Anyone else having friends at the birth?

I wish I would've seen my boy SMILE. :( He just hates ultrasounds a lot.... :cry: But oh well. Your baby's so precious!

Aww. For some reason she just had a smile the whole time. But don't worry, your not the only one who's baby won't cooperate for ultrasounds. Most of hers are VERY blurry. Even her normal 2D ones. :rofl: At my 20 week ultrasound when all the other girls are getting these cute profile pictures. I got a blurry right foot. :rofl:

vici... congrats on feeling the kicks... it is sooooo wonderful.... :cloud9:

Jai-Jai... congrats on viability... next milestone is 3rd trimester... :yipee:

Cleckner.... love the pics... and the little smile is sooo sweet... amazing :)

Mary Jo.... I don't blame you ... I would be pissed too... hope the land lady will help you out... :hugs:

Everyone have a great day... off for another busy one here....

Laura

Congrats to you girls that are viable today!! :happydance::happydance: I feel like we are all getting so close. I say it all the time but man, it is getting close for us!

Vici-Did I miss you on our list?! I just went back to see when you girls were due cause I was wondering how many of us are left to become viable. And I can't find you?!! :dohh:

Sam_star- I'm so sorry your having a bad day hun. :hugs: I hope it picks back up for you soon. You most definately need your rest right now so I know how frustrating that must be.

Aunty E- :rofl: about your boobs. Mine don't leak on their own but I've made them leak by playing around with them to see if they'd leak. :rofl::rofl: All you girls are talking about your boobs growing. Mine haven't changed a bit. :dohh:

mumtobeagain- I don't get any more scans either. Only the ones I decide to do privately and those aren't medical so they don't measure growth anyways. But it is awesome that you get another one!!

MJ-I think the letter was very well put and right to the point. I hope the issue is resolved soon!

I think they only leaked because I was getting towel-dried. Not seen any gunk any other time, although I might order some nice silicone nipple shields just in case.

I had an unco-operative baby at my gender scan and my 20 week scan - hand over her face and refusing to let us look. She'd better not be hiding a third eye ;)

Jai_Jai and Vici happy viability day :yipee:

MJ sorry about horrid tenants they are the worst.

Cleckner I love the scan pictures :happydance: little minx hiding her face but it's another excuse to go back :winkwink:

Hi girls, hope you've all had a good day! I went out and did a touch of shopping (12x muslins squares, 4x fitted cot bed sheets, flannels, johnsons stuff, dummy holders) but didn't come back with a bra which is what I went for!!

Of to Ipswich tomorrow tho and they have a massive babies r us, mamas and papas and mothercare so must be able to get something there!!

Mumto begain - I'm having 28, 32 and 36 week scans but only because of my suspected pre eclampsia @ 20 weeks!!

MJ - i think that letter is fab, Not nasty or horrid, just to the point :)

Cleckner - yeah I think so, hadn't really looked TBH :D Due on 25th and on team yellow :D

xxx

Okay. I added ya to the list!! :happydance: LOL about going for bras and coming home with a bunch of other stuff. I do the same thing every time. It never fails. We will go just to get groceries and end up coming home with a bunch of new movies or something. :rofl:

girls, some of us ready to move to 3rd tri, at last...the last part of our journey. I am soooo ready to move to 3d tri tomorrow

Thanks for the feedback on the email, ladies. :) We had a reply from the landlady, she's spoken to her tenant who agreed to smoke outside in the front garden. If she does, that's our problem solved because we don't have any windows at the front. I'm glad the landlady knows the situation - her reply was pretty formal but I expected that, knowing what I know of her. :) And I'm glad she wasn't away - I had a horrid feeling there'd be an automated response from her email (it's her work one) saying she was away on annual leave all month or something!

Vici, yay for shopping! I keep looking at stuff and then shrinking back from actually buying it, though I have made a good start now. But I have no nappies or changing stuff like wipes or cloths, or bottles... or a steriliser, or dummies. And my OH's mum was over yesterday and we showed her our baby stash and she thought we need more sheets - we'd bought the Mothercare cot bale, which has 2 flannelette sheets, 2 cotton sheets and 2 cellular blankets... how many more do you think we'll need?

Oh, and the other thing that amused me - a couple of months ago when we went out with OH's mum, I told her about the things I was planning to buy, including a folding baby bath seat thing because we don't have space for a regular baby bath and this fits in the normal bath. She poo-pooed this idea, saying she had a baby bath we could have, and even though I reiterated that we have no room for storing it, she said we could give it back when we're finished with it - missing the point that we have nowhere to store it WHILE we're using it.

Anyway, yesterday, OH went and brought the box of things down to show her and when he got this folding bath out my heart sank, thinking what she's going to say in criticism... but she surprised me - she said "oh these are BRILLIANT. OH's sister has one and she says it's absolutely fantastic" (OH's sister had her first baby a few weeks ago.) Was I gobsmacked or was I gobsmacked? She'd been SO critical of it when I told her about them, oh you don't need that, bath baby in the sink... etc... but now OH's SISTER likes it it's suddenly the best most fabulous thing in baby bathing equipment :rofl:

*shakes head*

Aunty E - I'm interested in hypnobirthing, well, any relaxation technique that might help the birth go easier, but I haven't looked into it very much so I don't know anything about any particular courses or organisations. I did see there is a thread in 3rd tri where hypnobirthers are posting so maybe they can help? I'd be keen to know how you get on though, so please keep us updated. :)

Thanks Cleckner :D

Ducky, theres already a thread over in 3rd tri :D

Great news on the email MJ, least being formal you knwo she's dealt with it and I hope your flat smells nice again now :D I've got loooads of shopping done, gonna have to do a list soon as i don't want to be duplicating or missing stuff. I was unsure about sheets but i have 4x fitted, 4x flat and loads of blankets (i've brought 2 cellular and 1x fleece but have been given loads of others :)) lol @ your MiL, how funny is that. I am soo lucky that my MiL just lets me get on with it :D We have a really good relationship which i love :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->