• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official August Mummies Club!!

I would be annoyed as well if people ask me for help i obviously can't give them.

how bout saying smth like 'Just because you look pregnant doesn't mean i'm just fat.'

It's just a waste even getting frustrated about it. Just relax and stop helping when they ask imo.

:hugs:

Thanks, they are just so incompetent which is worrying seeing as they work in a school!!!

In my experience that is pretty common. there is the occational good teacher, but he/she is usually busting her ass 4-5 times more then everyone else.

*stumbles into thread* Hello ladies i haven't actually had any sleep isn't that fun!! Elinors full amnio results should be here today so fingers crossed xxx
Hope you are all doing better than me on this lovely day *makes 12th cup of coffee*

Good luck - Sam-star - and make sure you let us know! i shall be keeping my fingers crossed for all good news for you and little Elinor May.

Awwww Sam, sorry you had a crappy night :(
I slept surprisingly well, at least it FELT like good sleep compared to the night before! Let us know about the amnio results honey, I'm sure they will be just fine :D

I miss you girlies!!! Hurry up and get over to 3rd!!! I'm 27 weeks today :wohoo: and had our visit from the occupational therapist with the council today to talk about making things easier for me around the house. They're gonna put a bunch of little grab rails around the place, which will be heavenly, and hopefully a removable ramp at the front door for the wheelchair :happydance: I was so worked up about it, cos over the phone the woman sounded really moody and I get so nervous around moody people with this kind of thing! But she was LOVELY, so I'm well pleased! Got CAFCASS officer coming at about lunch time today too, to talk about OH getting contact with his little girl. Fingers tightly crossed that that goes well!!

:hug:
Shadow x x x x

Awwwww, Shadow!!! I KNEW the lady would be nice and yay that she is offering you some help!!! :happydance:

Hopefully this afternoon's visit will be just as successful. :hugs:

Me - am at work today and feeling justified in having not said anything about my pregnancy until I was almost at the end of the qualifying period for SMP, because the rota for June and the beginning of July (up to the week before my last week here) has just been done and I am not down for any more Thursday shifts after May 20th. :( So that means my income will be hacked by a third as well for those last few weeks. BUT SMP was calculated over the 8 weeks to week 25 and I have done an average of 3 shifts a week during that period so the SMP will be 90% of that not 90% of the lesser amount I'll be earning at the end.

I'm a bit pissed off about this but - you know, I KNEW that Thursday shift was going to be up in the air and I am not at all surprised really, but glad I kept quiet so long.

But I feel a bit squeezed out. Even though I know I'll be glad to have Thursdays free... I could have done with the £££ as well. Poo.

:( poor MJ, that sucks a bit :(
I'm glad for you that you left it as long as you did too... At least it wont affect your SMP. I guess the company had to think of how to start filling your spot on a Thursday after you go on maternity leave, so (annoyingly) I suppose they felt justified in starting to cut you down sooner... Bummer, though...

I posted in the circ thread! I feel so brave... Eeeep!

Shadow x x x

Thanks, Shadow... I actually wish (for the first time) that I could just leave NOW and forget work altogether. I feel, and maybe I am oversensitive, that I am not wanted or something... it sucks.

As for the circ thread, I'm not touching it with a 10 foot bargepole. OK, I read the last 5 or 6 posts and I could already feel my blood pressure rise - you know my views are strong and I would love to air them, but there's simply no point. I''d end up getting the thread locked, I think - I've spent most of my online life on a forum where completely open and free debate is allowed and to be somewhere it clearly isn't... well, it will annoy and upset me and my baby and I don't need that. I'll stick to the non-controversial threads about mucous plugs and buying prams.

Fingers crossed Sam-star. Praying that the results of the amnio will be good news :hugs:

Hey Pip, I was just telling my OH about your name choice for little Sam, and he told me about this poem by Coleridge: https://www.zyra.org.uk/kublai.htm

I've heard of it before, but hadn't remembered how cool it was :D Shame he never got to finish it! It's such a cool poem, I love the language he uses...

Shadow x x x

I've had such a crappy day today ..... *moan* ....... not gonna bore you with it but I can't wait to leave work, everyone just can't do things for themselves..... CAN'T THEY SEE I'M PREGNANT!!! Think I need sleep and learn how to control these hormones I feel like I don't trust my instincts/feelings/moods anymore, do you feel the same?

Hope you all had a better day than me :hugs: to you all. xxxx

I TOTALLY KWYM hun!!!! everyone at work is doing my head in!!!!!! :hissy:

Morning girls! Not much going on in here this morning I see.

Sam_star- Aww hun :hugs:. I hope you can get some rest soon!

Shadow-Hope everything goes well today. It probably already happened but I'm gonna say it anyways! :rofl:

Xarxa-I just wanted to say I'm glad to see you posting more often in here!! :happydance::happydance:

Hi girls thank you for all your well wishes i still haven't heard this is like torture!!

Ack, Sam! I hoped this was news... can't imagine how you're feeling with this wait. :( :hugs: Hopefully very soon...

I was just checking to see if you had heard Sam. :(

Hope it's good news. xxxx

Was just thinking, us late Augusters are almost 24 weeks, so medically in the 3rd tri. Is it time to open a thread in 3rd tri?

(ps I do keep up, just don't post often)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->