Official August Mummies Club!!

I'm so excited - just had to share ... had my 16w midwife appointment today, and she said they don't usually listen for the heartbeat until 24 weeks because people get worried if they can't find anything ... we spoke about it and I told her I was fine if she couldn't find anything, I understood it didn't mean anything bad. She put the doppler on my belly and literally within a couple of seconds you could hear the unmistakeable sound of the heartbeat! Really fast, and really loud! It was an amazing sound and I admit, I was nearly welling up. An unforgettable moment, even more so than the first scan! :cloud9: :happydance:

That is just fab hun, great isn't it I could listen to it all day. My midwife found it at 13 weeks I was quite shocked she even tried but I think she loves hearing it herself!!!xxxx

Yeah I have to agree I would listen to it all day myself - i have a home doppler and found it @ 13 weeks but I limit myself to just listening twice a week cause if not I would defo have it out all day every day as it is an amazing sound.

Cant wait to feel movement now and really can't wait to see DH feel it as seeing his face at the scan was just amazing especially the last time where the babs was flying around the place he couldn't get over it. xx

Is anyone planning for a home birth> or a natural water birth?

I'm planning on a water birth in a birthing center. They can't do epidurals or c-sections, so it'll be all natural unless there is a problem and then they will transport me to the hospital. What are your plans?

Avabear..They dont listen to the heartbeat before 24wks? that's unheard of!!!! You can hear the heartbeat by doppler between 10 to 12 weeks...and then usually around 22weeks you can hear it with just a stetscope....strange..where you from? CONGRATS though how exciting!:)

No home birth for me...:(.....I've had preemie babies and a cesection...which both will be required this time again. THat would be really exciting though!:)

Avabear..They dont listen to the heartbeat before 24wks? that's unheard of!!!! You can hear the heartbeat by doppler between 10 to 12 weeks...and then usually around 22weeks you can hear it with just a stetscope....strange..where you from? CONGRATS though how exciting!:)

Same with me ... I got to hear the heartbeat with a doppler at 10 weeks 3 days. It was wonderful. :cloud9:

i would love a home birth but oh dnt likt the ider but going to talk to the midwife fri about a water birth as they have birth pools at the hospital.

is any 1 geting pain in there gron? when i walk wich i do every day with the dog my gron really hurts its like the very top on inside legs. also yesterday the bottom of my back and my left side bum and leg sorri tmi felt like it was dead and really sore.

2more sleeps untill i see the midwife for bloods for downs really nt liking it lol

tacke care
stacyxx

Hi Spidey and Shadow and all the girls,

I am originally planing for a home birth, DH really wants a water birth, so I am thinking about it, i guess I can do more research on water birth and see what I decide. Of course everything needs to be normal with the baby to have any of these choices available. Otherwise we will go to a hospital. I was just curious to know what were your thoughts on the matter.

Spidey, your belly looks so cute!!! I still don't have a belly like that! I can;t wait

I cant have a homebirth as i had high BP & pre eclampsia with my daughter. I honestly dont think i could manage the pain at home with out pain relief plus i like the stay in the hospital, gives you a rest.
I tried the bath in the hospital & it made the pain alot worse, but i think i would like to try a water birth.

I remember the 1st time I heard my LO heart beat, LO was just 6 weeks on that time. I got ectopic pregnancy in oct so when I got pregnant again they did internal ultrasound to see if the LO is in the uterus or not and it is!! goshhh.....the sound, how I wish I can record it :) it's so exciting and seeing the LO too, well....Lo was too small but I love it, and on my 10 weeks check up they couldn't find the heartbeat, but they found it on my 14th weeks check up.

I wish I have a doppler at home :(

I'm so excited - just had to share ... had my 16w midwife appointment today, and she said they don't usually listen for the heartbeat until 24 weeks because people get worried if they can't find anything ... we spoke about it and I told her I was fine if she couldn't find anything, I understood it didn't mean anything bad. She put the doppler on my belly and literally within a couple of seconds you could hear the unmistakeable sound of the heartbeat! Really fast, and really loud! It was an amazing sound and I admit, I was nearly welling up. An unforgettable moment, even more so than the first scan! :cloud9: :happydance:

That is so great... what is funny is that we have the same due date and I had my appt yesterday too... also heard the heart beat... talk about one of the best sounds in the world... glad it made your day...:happydance:

Hey gals.. I also got my 20 week scan date yesterday.. get to see the baby again on March 24.... I can hardly wait...:)

Smith.....How exciting! Also....I LOVE LOVE LOVE....all your boys names! :)

Hey gals.. I also got my 20 week scan date yesterday.. get to see the baby again on March 24.... I can hardly wait...:)

that is sooo exciting for you! I wish i have my scan date decided already :)

Smith - wow lots of coincidences for us! Wonder if our babies will arrive on the same date too?

Someone asked about the 24 week thing ... let me explain ... she was happy to listen for it but she said that they didn't automatically do it at 16 weeks because people tend to panic if for some reason they can't pick up the HB (you know how difficult it can be to find sometimes). The reason it's 24 weeks is because she sees me at 16, then I don't see her again till 24 weeks unless something happens in between (the 20w scan is at the hospital). I'm pretty sure if I was to routinely see her at, say, 18 weeks, she'd check for it then. Sorry I didn't explain it better! LOL!

I'm due August 25th. Could you add me please? Thanks

x

hiya ladys i have my midwife appt today cnt wait but wnt it over with having blodds for downs.
19 days untill 20wk scan find out what we are having yay

I remember the 1st time I heard my LO heart beat, LO was just 6 weeks on that time. I got ectopic pregnancy in oct so when I got pregnant again they did internal ultrasound to see if the LO is in the uterus or not and it is!! goshhh.....the sound, how I wish I can record it :) it's so exciting and seeing the LO too, well....Lo was too small but I love it, and on my 10 weeks check up they couldn't find the heartbeat, but they found it on my 14th weeks check up.

I wish I have a doppler at home :(

My midwife lets me record the heartbeat on my mobile phone - you should ask if you can do the same.

Smith.....How exciting! Also....I LOVE LOVE LOVE....all your boys names! :)

Thanks Gabrielle...We are struggling now with finding another boy name :shrug: so the search goes on...

Has anyone else figured out their names yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->