Official August Mummies Club!!

Hey all! :D
It's so cool to have people all online at the same time to do a chat!!
Pips, if you're about, I'm so sorry that bubs wasnt playing ball today! I didn't think that would happen for you, but at least they're gonna do another in 2 weeks right? That's not TOO long to wait hehe!
Cleck: Can't be long for you now eh?! I hope you get to add your colour to the list today!! For some reason, I'm thinking :pink: for you lately, so we'll see later...
Hi mom-on-8/2009, welcome (back) to the group!! I hear ya about bird keeping, I had two birds and they battered each other near to death too, eventually though, one escaped somehow and got eaten by the cat, the other died shortly after with some weird black goop coming out of his little beak :( It's sad to lose pets... I don't keep mice, but have always kept rats. We've had 11 in total, but right now we only have one, Tweek, whose cage partners are all dead and gone of old age now, but he is still going strong! He's such a sweet little rat :D

CONGRATS m-t-Rose on your :blue: BOY!! :blue: That's so sneaky of you to see it on the screen hehehe! Funny that they wouldn't tell you though, I'm always confused about that policy in hospitals!

Gabs, I hope you are taking it VERY easy my lovely... I hope that cervix doesn't start dilating any more, and that your bedrest and meds work well and do their job! I'm sure your little Jack will be a strong little fighter after all of this worry!! :hug:

JaiJai, welcome back and good luck for your scan honey! What are you hoping for?? Any inclings yet?

Smith (feels weird to call you that! can I call you Laura?!) ... You are SO right about it going by so fast!! I just figured out how close we are all getting the other day and I don't feel ready at all!!! But I'm sure it will come.

Marley, we're waaaaay cooler than the September club anyway (LOL) but it must be fun to "straddle" the two groups! Hehehe

Shadow xxx

Awwww sorry Mimiso honey, I missed you out there!! Welcome to team Awesome ... uhh... I mean team August, of course... :ROFL: and...
CONGRATULATIONS on your :pink: PINK :pink: bump!!!

Hey guys, Baby wasn't playing ball today so we didn't find out the sex or the face. Have to go back in two weeks.

Hi Shadow,

Thanks for your words of encouragement. Was very disappointed that we didn't see but I'm over it now. At least I get to see bubs again in two weeks. 9am on Mon 20th to be precise. Guess that's the joys of pregnancy. If they can't tell me then we'll go for a 4D scan. Any excuse :rofl:

So whilst so many of you are online, can I get some feedback about our name choice for our little boy?? We've named him Vincent :D Some people seem to love it, and others really arent keen, I'd be interested to hear views :winkwink:

:) S xx

I've only just seen this, but i'm due in August :) 6th! With a little girl x

Oh Pips, I'm sure baby will be cooperating better in 2 weeks... Do you think it might be more likely to be a girl, given that they couldnt see anything either way? Or was it just a really unclear scan where they really didn't have any clue? :hugs: Not long to wait again, honey :D

Welcome to the chat Shadow! I have to be at the appointment in exactly an hour. I haven't started drinking all that water yet. Should I start now? Goodness I hate holding it when I have to go to the bathroom!

Pippin. I'm with you on the 4D scan if we don't find out through the doctor.

I'm now very worried that for some reason the ultrasound tech won't be able to tell us either. We'll see I guess!

First of all they said 'oh I think it's a boy' then she pointed out two parallel lines which made her think girls so then she said 'I haven't a clue now'. The legs were tightly closed so could have squashed his little bits. Im annoyed purely because if the trainee hadn't taken so long at the beginning they had a clear shot right at the start but she insisted they do it at the end (in a nice way)

Welcome to the chat Shadow! I have to be at the appointment in exactly an hour. I haven't started drinking all that water yet. Should I start now? Goodness I hate holding it when I have to go to the bathroom!

Pippin. I'm with you on the 4D scan if we don't find out through the doctor.

I'm now very worried that for some reason the ultrasound tech won't be able to tell us either. We'll see I guess!

Cleck, when I had my 20 week scan, they told me i didn't need to drink or hold my bladder full or anything like that- but if yours want you to (maybe to get a better picture) then I'd say have a pint of water or something nowish and that should do the trick!

Yes start drinking water hon but only a large glass full you don't want to burst!!!

Mine said 2 pints but bugger that, I know my bladder one glass is enough.

Hey have any of you gals used the real chat room on here?

Naomi... you can call me laura... how is that :lol:

Cleckner... I would drink some pop.. or juice like 20 min or so before appt. that way baby will be moving all around... mine was sleepy and didn't really want to move... I wish I had.... it is wonderful to see them so active in there...

I drunk juice and ate chocolate and it made no difference :cry:

LOL I agree, I think one pint is plenty...

Pip, that sounds so annoying *rolls eyes at silly technician lady*
Although mine told me at the start that they'd leave the gender checking till the end, only part way through I got a good shot of his bits myself, so I was pretty sure before she told us! I think she had seen it too... I think we have a very good scan technician lady, she seems very good at what she does!

Vince is kicking a hello to everyone today! His usual active self! We get to see him again next week :D can't wait!

They handed me a paper when I scheduled the appointment and they are very adament about me drinking 24-32 ounces! That is WAY too much for me to hold for an hour! And they seemed kinda mean about it saying the appointment will have to be rescheduled if I don't do what they say. :hissy:

Hey have any of you gals used the real chat room on here?

Naomi... you can call me laura... how is that :lol:

Hehehe :blush: awesome :D
Cool idea about the fizzy drink before the scan: I think I will AVOID that for our scan next week though, as he is already such an active little blighter that it might be nice to have him still on the screen for once, so that OH can actually make out his little features!!

I'll take everyone's advice and drink juice right before we leave the house than! This baby is usually quite active so hopefully all goes well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->