Official August Mummies Club!!

God I go away for an evening and all mary war breaks loose!

Congrats to all your coloured bumps ladies, looks like it's me and coffee that have the awkward little monkeys then :cry: wishing away my Easter holidays now so I can get a sneaky peak again. Just hope this time he/she plays ball.

Gabby hang in there hon, I'm preying little one realizes today that it's much nicer in Mums tum, keep positive.

Finally who on earth gets there kicks out of pretending to be pregnant and having troubles?? You have to be one sick person to do that. I wouldn't wish that sort of trouble on anyone let alone putting us through that worry, cause lets face it we all care about each other on this site!!!! Jeez!

Anyway hope us lovely ladies are feeling good today. I hear you with the kicking, just wish he'd done that on MOnday!!!!

Oh and has our August Mummies ticker gone or is that just my computer???

The little yellow flashing thing? (August Mummies Club) I can still see them, is that what you're talking about?

Yes so it must be my computer, that's okay. I'm using a different wifi to home and I think there are a few blocks on it, thanks for you reply. xxx

it's still in your sig, and everyone else, so far as I can see, Pippin.

Anybody else having pain under the bump? I have been getting stitch-like pains along the sides and underneath, which don't concern me because it definitely feels muscular and so it's probably the round ligaments. But today I went for a short walk to register with a dentist (10-15 min walk tops) and 5 mins in I had this really bad pain further up, not really at the side, more on the roundness of the bump nearish my belly button. I've only had that sort of pain when I've been walking, and it usually eases off after a few mins, but this was quite painful. I hope it's normal... and just a muscle or something pulling when I'm more active than normal (I'm pretty much a lie-on-the-bed girl most of the time).

Checked on baby when I got in and hb was racing away like Red Rum so no worries there, but... you know how it is, it's hard not to worry with weird pains.

Thanks hon, glad it's just me.

I have tummy ache on and off all the time. I think it's all the stretching. I had the most terrible pain in my boob last night too. Everything is on the change now!!!

Oh, and I had the worst pain of this pregnancy so far on Saturday night... I got in from work at 10.15pm and settled down to eat my one bad dinner of the week (sausage and chips from the chip shop) and I choked on a chip and had this immense coughing fit. After that, and after eating all my dinner, I had such awful pain round my bump... I must have really racked myself with the coughing. Nasty!

Oh Mary Jo i hear ya! I've had a cough for 4 weeks now, not bad but just occasionally get a coughing fit and my bump kills after it's horrible.

Hey MJ and Pips! I'm just cooking some yummy filled jacket spud skins, they smell sooooo good! My appetiteseems to have doubled in the last day, I guess Vince wants the extra now to get nice and big and fat!!

MJ, the first thing you described sounded like round ligament pain to me, but the second may well be a continuation of that, the stretching and everything would be passed along into the bump if you get a bit more active i reckon. But then what do i know? LOL
I do know that round ligament pain is super painful, I hope it settles for you honey! It has done for me recently :)

Pips, you're not wrong about that crazy crazy Young Mummy person. It was so shocking when they blocked her, I dont think anyone ever dreamed someone would lie about that sort of thing! Sick...

Shadow xxx

P.S. What are we all having for dinner tonight?? I want ideas! Hehehe

I'm in Wales on a mini break so we are going to a yummy restaurant for dinner to spoil ourselves. Today I had steak and mushroom pie which was yummy but realized that my insides have squished up now cos I couldn't eat all of it :cry:

Awwww lol I am the same lately: I'll have a lovely big plate of lush food in front of me, and I'll tuck in only to find that I cant fit nearly as much as usual into my tum! Going out for dinner sounds lovely though :D Enjoy!

Does anyone know how Gabby is doing? She hasnt posted in a little while and i see now that she's offline. I hope she is resting and relaxing...

I'm on mince, tatties and a mealie pudding. My very favourite :happydance: And for pud (later) I'm having ice cream and fruit. Yum yum. :)

The whole young mummy thing is what puts me off posting in the buddy thread. I keep thinking about doing it, because it would be great fun to have a couple of msn/text buddies but this is a public forum ... and how do you know the people are genuine? I know I'm cyncial, but still ... :shrug:

It reallly is disturbing that someone would find humor or whatever in getting all of us pregnant ladies worried:growlmad:... I am so glad they banned her...

I am not sure about dinner yet... my 6 yr old caught a few little fish yesterday so we should probably have them :)

But I am craving a dessert so I am going to work on something chocolate today.. YUMMY!:wohoo:

I'm on mince, tatties and a mealie pudding. My very favourite :happydance: And for pud (later) I'm having ice cream and fruit. Yum yum. :)

The whole young mummy thing is what puts me off posting in the buddy thread. I keep thinking about doing it, because it would be great fun to have a couple of msn/text buddies but this is a public forum ... and how do you know the people are genuine? I know I'm cyncial, but still ... :shrug:

Ava.. I am not a great texter but I will be your buddy... I am really pregnant.. :rofl: I swear....:)
but I don't know how that works... when you are overseas... You probably want someone on your time zone and country code... I don't know..

New thread re gabby on main page..... not looking good bless her. :cry:

It is weird about youngmummy, but I've been on web forums for year and there's always a few con artists. It just sits extremely badly on this type of a forum, where we're all worried about things going wrong and it's like a nightmare to read of someone going through it, only to find out it's a lie - not cool at all and it must be very distressing for those who are going through genuine complications and the stress that goes along with them.

I'm glad the admins/mods realised what was up and dropped the ban hammer quick smart.

As for dinner, well, I was going to make a curry - I cook up some chicken breast with loads of veggies (onion, carrot, swede, courgette and mushrooms) with a big jar of tikka sauce and a can of chick peas - it makes about 5 servings so I freeze most of it - but I don't have enough veg and can't be bothered to go out again. So it looks like it might be a thai red curry, using a Loyd Grossman sauce. Haven't tried it before... hope it's ok...

eta, poor Gabby, am thinking of her.

Okay gals.. I am off for the day.. really nice outside here... have to use the day while I can...

Good luck with dinner all...

and good luck Gab... I really hope it all calms down... PRAYERS for you!!!!!!:hugs:

Gosh how strange re young mummy. Makes you wonder what they get out of it? And I wonder how they are found out to be fake? As to be honest, we could all be fake and how would anyone know? (I am really pregnant honest!!)

I've had pain similar Mary Jo, just after walking for a bit. I just walk a bit slower or rest for a bit, and it seems to ease off a bit. Not sure what it is, but it isn't there at other times.

Hope you are ok Gabrielle.

:cry: I'm worried for Gabs now... Although it is good that she is in the hospital where they can really help her again. It must be so worrying for her and her family though, all this upping and downing :( But some real PMA should help, I'm trying to think positive thoughts for her: I mean, both her little boys tried to come very early (think she said 23/25 weeks) and they managed to make them both hang on in there for another 8 or 10 weeks i think she said, so she has done it before- maybe her body can do it again...

My dinner was decidedly disappointing :hissy: I was so looking forward to cheesy jacket spud skins with leeks and stuff, but it was dry and not cheesy enough and not very good! OH was very sweet about it though and ate it all anyway! It was somewhat rescued by the lemon cheesecake we made earlier :p Yuuuuuummy!! And I was gonna accompany that with a nice glass of banana milkshake (mmmm... *drools* banana milkshake...) but we are out of bananas so it had to just be a glass of milk.

Liking the sound of that curry, MJ! And Laura, how cute to eat the little fish your boy caught!!! That's so sweet :D

xx

Smith - I've sent you a PM :)

I hope Gabby is OK ... sounds really scary :( Did I read right that she's only 19 weeks? I really hope they can do something for her :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->