Official August Mummies Club!!

Hey girls! :D

Well, after a randomly exhausting day yesterday (not doing anything differently, just randomly reeeeeally tired!) I've had a lovely day today!!
MJ, that's a pretty impressive list hehehehe... Let's see how mine compares...
This morning I had breakfast with OH cos I got up early (which is rare!) so I had Scrambled eggs, two slices of YUMMY multi seed toast and some smoked sausage (deeee-licious!)
At midday ish we walked the dog together, and I had:
A plum to keep me going and then I bought a mint cornetto (usually I HATE cornettos, but pregnancy does all kinds of weird stuff I guess!!)
When we got back, I had two hot cross buns, another plum and my regular old pint of banana milkshake (!!! :D !!!)
And now we've just had dinner, which was sticky honey mustard pork and couscous with tomatoes and spring onions... It was SO yummy!

Jelr, COURSE I'll do you a blinkie honey :D I'll PM you in a sec with details! I love making these blinkies hehe

I'm now off to make some wire sculpture trees, I'm mad about wire sculpture lately and I want to use my hands whilst I can, some days I can't do ANYTHING with them!!

Hope you're all well... Gabs, it'd be awesome to hear from you my lovely and know that things are going ok... I think we all feel very protective over you since the hospital craziness! Hope your boys are feeling better too :)

:hug: to all

Shadow xxx

Thanks Shadow I'm loving the blinkie - ha had a right laugh in the Sept Club but now I'm so late getting ready I have less than an hour to get a shower, dress (which these days normally means trying on 10 different outfits as I feel huge in them all :rofl:), put on my make up, dry and straighen my hair.

Was so funny reading it though, they are quiete cracked over there.

Mary Jo I'm normally like that lately I dont seem to stop eating not doing to bad today have only had two thick slices of brown bread for breakfast, two hot cross buns for lunch and a pack of meanies, but thats only cause I'm saving myself for my dinner out this evening.

Well I really must go now and get ready or I wont be getting any dinner ha ha.

Happy Easter to everyone for tomorrow as I may not be on. :hug:

hi girls hope all is well dont get on as much noe no laptop charger keep nicking my little sister. lol

any way just stared to get really scared .what if she got scan wrong and its not a boy. im really scared im going buy loads of boys stuff and its gonna be a girl any one else feel like this thanks girls gem xxx

leo, I wouldn't worry - I don't think they can really get it wrong if it's a boy, either they've seen his bits or they haven't, they know exactly what to look for, and they would say if they were uncertain! it's more with girls that they are unsure sometimes, if they don't get a good look at their down-belows! my little niece was very stubborn and my sister in law went for an extra scan to see if they could tell her what she was... they thought girl both times but weren't sure. for me that said she was for definite because boys cannot hide their bits.

my little boy was not at all modest, no question that we are buying blue!

Girls, How are you feeling about buying and organizing baby stuff? I started folding a few bits up today that I've been given (only bought a few bits myself) to put in the draws I've cleared for the baby and I sill feel like I shouldn't be doing it yet :cry: I feel I'm tempting fate and couldn't help thinking I'm jinxing LO!!!! Help anyone else feel like this...... I'm almost 21 weeks???? I have to start sometime don't I, but when???!

Pippin, I've barely done a thing yet. I've been given 2 pairs of booties and after the 21 week scan we went out and bought a few boy outfits, but that's all. They're all sitting in a Sainsbury's bag in the bedroom, I know I need to wash them, etc, but I don't want to touch them till I know they won't need to be taken back...

This weekend we've started sorting out the bedroom, moving stuff around and painting, but I have a LOT of clearing out of drawers, to give baby somewhere to keep his things. And we haven't bought anything major - I'm still researching and choosing - have decided on the pushchair and MAYBE the cot (but maybe not); as for nappies (I want to use cloth) and all the rest - nada.

I kind of want to wait till I get past 30 weeks... maybe it's silly... I don't want the clutter around and I don't want to tempt fate (even though baby looked great at the scans and his heart is still racing away according to my doppler).

leo, I wouldn't worry - I don't think they can really get it wrong if it's a boy, either they've seen his bits or they haven't, they know exactly what to look for, and they would say if they were uncertain! it's more with girls that they are unsure sometimes, if they don't get a good look at their down-belows! my little niece was very stubborn and my sister in law went for an extra scan to see if they could tell her what she was... they thought girl both times but weren't sure. for me that said she was for definite because boys cannot hide their bits.

my little boy was not at all modest, no question that we are buying blue!

thanks hun she said she wanst 100 % but dont think there would say even if she ws nhs dont like to. but she said the more she looked she said she was pretty sure . i coulnt see any thing sorry lol

Thanks Mary Jo. Glad you feel the same too. Scary isn't it! I've posted a poll to see what other ladies think outside of our lovely group. x

Well Pips, I voted that you should start buying now! I bought my first bits and pieces in gender neutral colours at about 16 weeks, I think (!!) and I am really glad I did now: It has made it so much easier to add bits and pieces to the stock pile over time, without that scary feeling of "Oh no, I'm crossing the line now into possibly jinxing LO... When should I start buying?" ... So I'd say, get some teeny bits and bobs as soon as you feel ready, and after that it won't feel so scary or overwhelming, I reckon!

So far, we have:

-The pram (4-in-1 travel system thingy-it was a bargain) bought at 12 weeks (!!!)
-A white and red newborn set of clothes (sleepsuit, hat, one little outfit, a couple of bodysuits etc.) bought at about 16 weeks
-A CUTE set of orange/cream/yellow body suits bought in France by my mum at about 16 weeks
-An almost-cute (lol but kinda a bit ugly... sorry, but...) pair of shoes and little pillow for the nursery, bought in Spain by OH's mum at about 18 weeks
-THE COT!! Which is a cotbed... Plus a very decent matress- Bought by my mum at 20 weeks
-A little green knitted hoodie top, made my yours truly, started at about 16 weeks and finished at about 20 weeks (lol I took my time! I'm so proud of it though: It's dead cute :D )
-Vincent's first proper "boy" outfit; little shorts, a stripy tee shirt with a crab on it and a sleeveless zipped hoodie thing also with a cute crab on it! (It's so adorable hehe!) Bought a couple of days ago.

That's about it, I think... We're planning on getting a set of Smart Nappies this week from Mothercare, to get a really good idea of what we've got to do etc! Also this week we want to get the bedding for the cot. And also, we have painted the nursery now. So I guess we've done quite a lot really, but we want to spread it out over the time we have before Vince is born, so that it's not one big mound of stuff to buy in the last few weeks! Neither of us much like shopping at the best of times: It is HARD to get around shops and have a real good look at stuff with a wheelchair! Stressful stuff...

Anywho... Enough from me! I say go for it and start getting some bits and bobs now. Then, once you know what colour you've got in there (lol... like it'll come out pink or blue...) and once you reach viability, you can REALLY let yourself go and start buying all kinds of stuff!! :D

xx

:hugs: Shadow, thanks for making me feel better. I'm going to bite the bullet and by something else this week and get something extra week by week. Mum is buying the pram and we have chosen it so that will be delivered over half term. I have to sell my car first to get a bigger one so that's the first big step which technically isn't baby stuff!!! Trying to get a baby into a two seater and all it's bits is impossible :rofl:

Oh, I know what you mean with the car dilemma! We have a lovely car, a Ford Cougar, and although the boot is amazingly spacious for such a sporty-looking car, we will really be pushing it with a dog, a baby, the two of us, my wheelchair AND the buggy!!! So we, too, are preparing to get a bigger car. We're hopefully going for a Toyota Previa, or possibly a Ford Galaxy, so hopefully we won't have to change cars again for a good few years after that! (Planning ahead to Vince's little brothers or sisters! Already!)

What car do you have now Pips? And what are you planning to get?

xx

Ooooh ooooh, ladies, be proud of me!!! These are the goodies I made today...

Aaaand that's some time effectively wasted! Now all I need to do is figure out something to do with them...

Attachments

• bracelets1.jpg
    bracelets1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1
  • bracelets2.jpg
    bracelets2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Tree.jpg
    Tree.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 4
Wow shadow.. you are multi talented.... very cool.... and thanks again for the awesome blinkie... love it!!!!

So with the whole baby clothes thing... I have a ton of clothes that I have accumulated with all three of my boys... the dilema is that we don't know if we are having a boy or a girl... so I have 1 girl outfit for the coming home from the hospital... so she will be so cute dressed in blue with tractors .. :rofl: and if it is another boy.. we are all set!!!

But I am so excited about the surprise...

Have a wonderful day tomorrow girls... Happy Easter.... :hugs:

iv sorted all new born 0-3 3-6 and 6-9 cloths that we had of my sons almost all new as he grow so fast he was 9lbs3 born and just got bigger v fast some clothes still had tags on as he never got to waere them. just need to get some sleep suits in all sizes

iv just got the wearst pain ever down my side and turnd out to be traped wind! my oh was running about didnt know what to do was gunna get me to hospital so lad i seid wait now lol

happy easter good day to pig out on choc

i have the crib, the dresser, the crib mattress, the tub, the playard, 3 diaper bags over 200 pampers, a couple hundred wipes, baby toys, a baby carrier, a baby bath robe, bath toys, baby toys, tons of wash cloths, blankets, and burp cloths, a baby swing, a crib bedding set plus three more sets of sheets, all of the baby hygiene products, more onesies than i can remember, a ton of socks, a coat, a hooded sweater, another jacket, a rain jacket, probably forgetting a lot of stuff- and none of this is from a previous child, this is our first

i've had most of this stuff before 2nd tri.... aren't i a nester?

oh, and i posted this before similarly but i think it got ignored

Awwww Mom, sorry we ignored you before!! It gets so crazy in here sometimes, it's hard not to miss people out!! That is a VERY impressive list... I'm looking forward to catching up with you on it hehe!

Hey, I just read your signature, is your surname really Musselman? That's so cool haha!! Muscle man?! Hehe you will have your very own little baby boy muscle man! :winkwink:

Happy Easter all, not that we are even noticing that it's Easter this year: I always think it's more for kids really, and we hate to be like all the other sheep buying hundreds of Easter Eggs just cos we're told we should!! But yes, I guess it is a good excuse to scoff loads of chocolate hehe... May I will buy a chocolate bar later :rofl:
Gonna try making more cute bracelets now!
Shadow x

oh, and i got bibs and booties and caps and Avyen has a nice shoe collection starting (not what dad wanted to hear)

and a nursing pillow, nursing pads, a pump and bottles

just need a crib mobile

i've had most of this since like around 14 weeks or so

oh, and Shadow, yes, that's our name
yup lol

and i forgot i have some pacifiers for just in case

LOL Damn, I feel so unprepared now!!! Methinks a shopping spree is in order this week....

Do you plan to bottle feed Mom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"