Official August Mummies Club!!

Horray!! Lots of you are back!! Hehe it has been kinda quiet around here lately, I've had to fill the silences with my "yabbering" :winkwink:

Gabrielle, I totally understand what it must be like with two little boys around: It seems to me that you should know your own body, so as long as you're not lifting heavy boxes (or heavy little boys!) or doing anything overly strenuous, then you should be fine to play it by ear for now. I'm SO glad to hear that the ultrasound went well, and that the contractions are staying away! FX for another few weeks for you!

Angel, congrats for your :pink: PINK :pink: bump!!

Zoya and avabear, I've missed you guys! Glad that you had a great time in Edinburgh Ava, it's a lovely town isn't it? My uncle used to live there, and we still go there for holidays sometimes. Love it :) I'm gonna check out that website in a minute!

I'll also make blinkies for you two now and PM them to ya :winkwink:
We all look so cool with our Blinkie-Bling!! Hehehe

Today we're chilling out in the sunshine (again!) but tomorrow we will be going shopping for baby stuff, and on Wednesday I have another scan! :wohoo: Then on Thursday I will join tmr on team VIABLE! lol SO exciting to be reaching this point already! :D

Is anyone else finding that baby's movements are forming a more consistent pattern lately? Vincent seems to wake up just after me in the mornings (as I'm finishing my brekkie) and then kick about for a bit, then he goes quieter for a couple of hours, then in the afternoon he usually has a right old kick on and then quiet again until late in the evening. As I lie in bed he loves to boogie around and kick like a good'un until I fall asleep! If he doesn't start kicking at about the same time as usual in the morning I start to get concerned! But he always picks up again :happydance:

I just can't wait to meet my little squishy!!

Shadow xxx

Oh, and Gabs, I'll pm you with some more detailed instructions for your siggie honey :D

xx

Pippin, have fun spending in Mothercare!!! I'll be doing the very same thing tomorrow in Exeter Mothercare store!! :dance:

xxx

girls, i can't seem to gain any weight, i lost a lot in the beginning, and i still haven't gained it all back
i'm even stuffing my face when i'm not hungry just to try to tip the scales a bit
i can still where my jeans most of the time except for when a little bit right after i eat a big meal
i'm trying to gain some weight, i can't do it!

good news, I'M 23 WEEKS TODAY!

and that means medically i am in my third trimester in one week, but BnB has things different for some reason, idk why

Is that right Mom? about medically being in third tri at 24 weeks? I never knew that!

*lends Mom some of my bump until she grows some more of her own* :rofl:

Maybe you will have a growth spurt and your bump will suddenly be huuuuuge one day!

xx

tmr1234 Congrats on the viability!! I'm counting down the days till Saturday when I'm viable as well! :happydance:

angelstardust Congrats on team pink!!

Mom-on-8/2009 I am somewhat with you on all the shopping on baby stuff. I started buying things before we even started trying for a baby! I am the type of girl that I just want to buy everything so I'm prepared just in case. I did the same thing with items when we got married. I had everything for a house so there really was nothing left to buy when we finally moved in together. The only thing I am superstitious about is the actual crib itself. I have a travel crib and all that but I am waiting to get the actual crib and crib mattress. I will probably only wait another month or so but I want to at least be viable before ordering it. I have the bedding for the crib it's all just sitting around waiting to be put on! We have the changing table and all the other big items like a glider/ottoman, stroller system/car seat. I might be crazy but I hate the idea of everyone buying the things for me at a baby shower or whatever. I feel like some women are a bit too dependant on those baby showers.

Wow that was alot of writing in one. haha. Your rubbing off on me Shadow! :rofl: I was off of here all weekend though. No real reason but DH and I just had a lazy weekend together. :happydance:

yay, i get to borrow some bump, the only bump i do have came out over one night

yeah, i had some baby stuff before i met DH lol i don't want people picking out my baby stuff and i like to be independent

Shadow I'm with you on somewhat scheduled movements of baby during day. Like Vincent, she is active in the morning. But most of her movements are at night when I'm trying to fall asleep. :rofl: I have actually had nights where I couldn't fall asleep because it felt like she was jumping on a trampoline in there. :rofl:

On Saturday I got a bit worried because I didn't feel her at all, even at the movies where the sound was loud. So as soon as we got home I had to get out the doppler to calm my nerves a bit. She must have just been sleepy or something because on Sunday she was back to her old self! My dog lays on my stomach alot (she's a 5 pound pomeranian) and the baby just kicks my dog over and over and over. LoL. Probably saying get off of me!

yay, i get to borrow some bump, the only bump i do have came out over one night

yeah, i had some baby stuff before i met DH lol i don't want people picking out my baby stuff and i like to be independent

Yup! I am really OCD about my stuff matching. I know that is crazy but I am obsessive compulsive about ALOT of things. And baby stuff is no exception. :dohh:

:rofl: Cleck, our dog TRIES to get on my bump (Ben is a BIG collie cross, very muscly and heavy, so I have to be very careful not to let him!!) But he does sort of lie beside me and lean himself close to Bump. Last night we were snuggled on the sofa like that, and Vince was just kicking him over and over! Hehehe

You know, over here, they just don't really do the whole baby shower thing. Although I think I'm glad of that, because I'd be so scared of people buying stuff I hated and didn't want to use! I agree with you girls on the whole independence thing!

Are baby showers really common over there? Some people on here say that EVERYONE has them in the states!

*off to get breakfast number 2*

:rofl: Cleck, our dog TRIES to get on my bump (Ben is a BIG collie cross, very muscly and heavy, so I have to be very careful not to let him!!) But he does sort of lie beside me and lean himself close to Bump. Last night we were snuggled on the sofa like that, and Vince was just kicking him over and over! Hehehe

Aww!! I am worried how our dog will respond once the baby is here. She has been our baby for so long I'm not sure if she will handle sharing her mommy very well. She is constantly with me. She's even on my lap as I type this. :dohh:

Aaawwww bless her... Do you watch The Dog Whisperer at all? He has lots of good ways to introduce dog and baby. It is our FAVOURITE show, we try to follow Cesar's teachings to the letter, and Ben loves to watch it too! It's funny, if Ben sees it on the TV, he will just sit and watch and he knows that the dogs aren't really "there". But if he catches a glimpse of it in the reflection in the window, then he freaks out thinking that there's a dog in the house!! Sometimes he growls under his breath at the dogs on there hehehe it's so funny.

Oh and he tends to have new weirdnesses each time we walk him: Typical Collie I think... Yesterday's weirdness was whilst we were walking him through town there was a guy with a huuuuge bunch of balloons (you know the ones, with disney characters and all that stuff?) and Ben just started barking at him and wouldnt stop! He has this deep rumbling bark, it is awesome, if a little scary if you don't know that he is a big softy at heart!!

You know, over here, they just don't really do the whole baby shower thing. Although I think I'm glad of that, because I'd be so scared of people buying stuff I hated and didn't want to use! I agree with you girls on the whole independence thing!

Are baby showers really common over there? Some people on here say that EVERYONE has them in the states!

*off to get breakfast number 2*

Yes pretty much everyone has them. I hope to avoid one for myself since I live 800 miles from my family who live up in Ohio/Indiana. But we are planning to go home in June so I might not quite get out of having one.

Aaawwww bless her... Do you watch The Dog Whisperer at all? He has lots of good ways to introduce dog and baby. It is our FAVOURITE show, we try to follow Cesar's teachings to the letter, and Ben loves to watch it too! It's funny, if Ben sees it on the TV, he will just sit and watch and he knows that the dogs aren't really "there". But if he catches a glimpse of it in the reflection in the window, then he freaks out thinking that there's a dog in the house!! Sometimes he growls under his breath at the dogs on there hehehe it's so funny.

Oh and he tends to have new weirdnesses each time we walk him: Typical Collie I think... Yesterday's weirdness was whilst we were walking him through town there was a guy with a huuuuge bunch of balloons (you know the ones, with disney characters and all that stuff?) and Ben just started barking at him and wouldnt stop! He has this deep rumbling bark, it is awesome, if a little scary if you don't know that he is a big softy at heart!!

:rofl::rofl: Dogs are great. No, I haven't seen that dog whisperer show. Our dog goes nuts if she sees dogs on TV. But true to her size, she is a 'yippy' dog. :dohh: We can't take her anywhere because she tends to go nuts if she sees something that gets her excited. LoL. We had her trained not to be like that when she was a pup but over the years she's gotten spoiled rotten. And her bark is so high pitched when she's excited that it makes us laugh. What is most funny is when we have her out for a walk or anything in public and people are actually AFRAID of her. She is seriously so small she could fit in a big purse and people are scared of her.:rofl:

A good philosophy I think, not to want to be dependent on others' generosity like that, I don't think I could handle it at all: I'd just feel so guilty and presumptuous about taking all those gifts from people!

Ok, I'm off to put some clothes on now and go to B&Q with OH to get some DIY stuff for the nursery: I'm rubbing down my rocking chair / nursing chair today and repainting it :dance:

Later ladies!

xx

A good philosophy I think, not to want to be dependent on others' generosity like that, I don't think I could handle it at all: I'd just feel so guilty and presumptuous about taking all those gifts from people!

Ok, I'm off to put some clothes on now and go to B&Q with OH to get some DIY stuff for the nursery: I'm rubbing down my rocking chair / nursing chair today and repainting it :dance:

Later ladies!

xx
Yup! I understand when people are excited and want to buy gifts for the baby. Which is totally fine. I just don't like the idea that gifts are automatically expected. I'm just as happy with a hug and a 'congrats' from family. My little :baby: is gift enough! :cloud9::cloud9:

And you are one unstoppable lady! You painted his room already and now your redoing a rocking chair?! I don't even have that kind of energy!! You had better be posting pictures of your progress because I am very curious! :happydance:

Thanks Shadow..........new blinkyyyyyy worked well :happydance::muaha:

is anyone got a pram from Teutonia or Harten ??
which one is better ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->