Official August Mummies Club!!

no, i am going to nurse, i just got some stuff for pumping/expressing

Pippin, I'm planning on going to a Mothercare tomorrow as well... but not a little one, we're going to a Mothercare World :)

It's the first time I'll have gone with OH, I want to show him the pushchair I want, we may pick up some other bits and bobs... I really want to get some clothes and my little Mothercare doesn't have much.

Speaking of clothes - I was in Oxford St the other day and thought I'd check out H&M and New Look and Next and nothing! Nothing in H&M at all, in three branches I tried, then I walked down to New Look at Marble Arch thinking they'd be sure to have stuff and was told I had to go to the Westfield shopping centre for maternity! Then I tried Next at Marble Arch and they said to go to the Oxford Circus branch, because they had "a huge selection". So I walked back there and this "huge selection" turned out to be one pair of jeans, three smock type tops, a pack of three t-shirts (which were ot that nice) and a pair of black trousers. Huh?

Surely it shouldn't be THIS hard???!!!

All I have is a pair of jeans and a top from Peacocks that's lovely but a bit too nice for every day. I need something like a long cardi and a hoodie, to cover up, because I can't fasten my coat and with it being in between seasons I don't want to buy a new one.

So Mothercare World tomorrow for us - I went to one 6 weeks ago with my mum when she was down and there was loads of clothes but I didn't need them then and I was about as superstitious about buying clothes as I still am about baby gear!

We're also going to see OH's new baby nephew who was born on Thursday! New baby squishy cuteness... :D

and don't feel unprepared, i'm just one of those people that has to do everything asap

oh, and i have my stroller and car seat travel system and a high chair that attaches to any chair so it's portable, had that at the end of first tri/ beginning of second

Oh my goodness you really are prepared! :)

Happy Easter, ladies (well, it is Easter Sunday over here). Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Shadow, thank you very much for the siggy offer. I'm currently on team yellow (we wanted to have a surprise so we told the doc and the ultrasound technician that we didn't want to know the gender). My EDD is still listed as August 16th.

Still trying to take it easy here but last night was rather rough. We went to a special mass at the church last night for my hubby. Unfortunately, it got really hot in there and I became overheated very quickly. My brother was kind enough to lead me outside to get some fresh air and an aunt got a cool cloth.

Have any of you ladies felt the need to slow down more these days (well, your body telling you that you need to take it easy)?

Pippin, I'm planning on going to a Mothercare tomorrow as well... but not a little one, we're going to a Mothercare World :)

It's the first time I'll have gone with OH, I want to show him the pushchair I want, we may pick up some other bits and bobs... I really want to get some clothes and my little Mothercare doesn't have much.

Speaking of clothes - I was in Oxford St the other day and thought I'd check out H&M and New Look and Next and nothing! Nothing in H&M at all, in three branches I tried, then I walked down to New Look at Marble Arch thinking they'd be sure to have stuff and was told I had to go to the Westfield shopping centre for maternity! Then I tried Next at Marble Arch and they said to go to the Oxford Circus branch, because they had "a huge selection". So I walked back there and this "huge selection" turned out to be one pair of jeans, three smock type tops, a pack of three t-shirts (which were ot that nice) and a pair of black trousers. Huh?

Surely it shouldn't be THIS hard???!!!

All I have is a pair of jeans and a top from Peacocks that's lovely but a bit too nice for every day. I need something like a long cardi and a hoodie, to cover up, because I can't fasten my coat and with it being in between seasons I don't want to buy a new one.

So Mothercare World tomorrow for us - I went to one 6 weeks ago with my mum when she was down and there was loads of clothes but I didn't need them then and I was about as superstitious about buying clothes as I still am about baby gear!

We're also going to see OH's new baby nephew who was born on Thursday! New baby squishy cuteness... :D

:hugs: thanks hon. I also ere you on the Oxford street thing too. Effing useless they were no one had anything only debenhams had maternity and that consisted of 6 different items all horrible. I've bought off Next and Littlewood on line and the H&M in Harrow have nice maternity so most of m stuff comes from there.

Appreciate all your support girls :hugs:

mom-on-8/2009 your scaring me sorry! You have EVERYTHING don't you....... jeez :hugs: Normally I'm the super organized one, when I was a kid I'd right my thank you cards before Christmas so I had more time to play :rofl:

I was thinking this very thing just a month or so ago- being between seasons it was hard to find the right stuff that would fit me as I got bigger... I have three jumper/hoodie type things which are just perfect: One I bought in France (sorry! Can't help you with getting one the same!) which is a sort of "ribbed" turtle-neck jumper which is extra long and so covers bump nicely when it's chillier. The other two are two of the same item, I loved it so much I bought another one for when the first one is in the wash! lol... It's a light material, but long sleeved and hooded with a very low front (perfect for layering! Looks so cute) and it is also super long so it covers bump (with a tie up bit under the boobs so that I sort of look like I still have a waist, only above my bump! lol) I got those from La Redoute online - I'm not sure if they do that exact one any more, but they might be a really good place to try for some very reasonably priced stuff. The do have a "maternity" section, but they tend to be a bit pricey and somewhat limited. I'd go for buying a size or two up in the normal stuff: Especially for tops with tie up bits under the boobs, as you can wear the bigger size but gather it so that you dont feel too "frumpy" !
As for the coat issue, I hear ya there too- I have a lovely (but now sadly very old) full-length dress coat type thing. It is gathered at the base of the spine and sort of flares out in a lovely skirt-type effect below that. I was sneaky, and took off the three buttons on the front and re-sewed them at a much wider point- In fact, I only ended up re-sewing one of the three, and leaving the others off entirely: That way I can still do the coat up around my (now massive) boobs, but bump can poke out and the coat sort of splits around it. Still keeps me warm, and I think it looks pretty good really! Might be an idea if you have a coat with buttons... You can always put the buttons back to their original places after baby is born, and that way you dont need to buy lots of new coats!

Ooooh, my friend has a friend who has just given birth, and they called the baby Naomi!! That's my name! Hehe I was chuffed to hear that people still think it's a good name for a baby girl :D

xx

:blush: Man, can I yabber on or what??! That's a whole lot of bla bla bla in my last post, sorry guys! :winkwink:

x

:hugs: Shadow this thread won't be the same without you!!!

I agree, I love your yabber, Shadow! :hugs:

OH's nephew is Oscar. It's not really to my taste but babies grow into their names, I think, and he's certanly a cutie! Loads of hair, I've never seen a newborn with such a mop!

The thing about clothes is - I hate trying stuff on and I hate looking for something that I have a picture of in my head and never finding it. I get so disillusioned after about 5 minutes! Last week I went to Croydon town centre with my best friend and she's not into babies so I didn't suggest we go to Mothercare or anywhere with a maternity department (apart from M&S, she came with me to get bras). I thought I might pick up a cardi in Primark but we were in there less than 2 minutes and I came over all overwhelmed and supremely p-ed off because there was just nothing I wanted in the whole of this massive shop! You know when you just know these things... that was what it was like.

Maybe I should shop online... anyone have any ok, reasonably priced sources for maternity wear?

About the coat, Shadow - heh, my winter coat is a pink/lilac faux sheepskin jacket that I got 5 years ago in New Look... it's done me well :) - and it does up with hooks. As the weeks have passed, I can do fewer and fewer hooks up and now I wear it open. I can do the top one up but I look SO pregnant in it it's comic. But now it's a bt warmer on some days, faux sheepskin, even not done up, is a bit too warm, and the only other jacket I have is a little cropped-ish denim one that I think will look silly.

Just to report, had my19/5 scan on Wednesday, and we found out that we are on team PINK!!! :happydance::cloud9:

Have two boys allready so it's nice to be getting a girl.

And she is growing lovely, BP is behaving, no problems except a small one with the blood flow through the placenta, I have a 'bulge' after the beat which means I am at high risk of high blood pressure... but we kinda sussed that when I had pre ecclampsia twice... :rofl:

Next scan is on the 29th April.

Just to report, had my19/5 scan on Wednesday, and we found out that we are on team PINK!!! :happydance::cloud9:

Have two boys allready so it's nice to be getting a girl.

And she is growing lovely, BP is behaving, no problems except a small one with the blood flow through the placenta, I have a 'bulge' after the beat which means I am at high risk of high blood pressure... but we kinda sussed that when I had pre ecclampsia twice... :rofl:

Next scan is on the 29th April.

Congrats I find out too (again as first time didn't play ball) on Monday week :happydance:

Hey ladies sorry I've been MIA.....:( Been spending time with the family.:) I'm doing good havent had any contractions and had an ultrasound on Friday and cervix hasn't changed anymore...Woooo hoo!~!....Still taking it easy but have to admit not doing bedrest like i should be.......but if anything shall happen again of course i'll follow the restrictions better. please dont think bad of me....i'm a mom of two and i cant really lay around EVERYDAY all day....so I just trust and believe in God that he is looking over me and bubs at all times!

Don't have time to read all posts sorry....

Good luck pippin for your scan hope baby behaves!! Angeldust congrats on the lil angel!! how exciting!:)

Everyone else hope all is well!!!!

Btw.........shadowrat...my siggie won't work...???

Also I'm 20 weeks today so took pics of my belly......

Attachments

• DSCN1429.JPG
    DSCN1429.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN1427.JPG
    DSCN1427.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN1428.JPG
    DSCN1428.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN1430.JPG
    DSCN1430.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 4
hiya ladys hope u all had a nice wkend. i was out of the house from 9:15am till 5pm last night and was so sleepy last night fell asleep at 9pm lol

iam 24weeks today so iam viable :happydance:

the last 24wks have gone so fast i just hope the next 16wks dnt go to slow and iam loving every min of this preg :cloud9:

gabrielle iam so glad u are doing better and bubs is staying put. i know what u mean about not being abule to lay about all day kids and rest dnt mix

Angeldust congrats on team pink

My 3D/4D ultrasound is tomorrow! (Oh, wow, look at the time! I guess it's technically today!)

Hi everyone :)

Just back from a fantastic weekend in Edinburgh, so relaxing and we had a lot of fun! And just to top it off, tonight we're going to see P!nk in concert - yay!!!

We found this shop in Ocean Terminal and the stuff was so cute. OMG, it was such a good job we're on team yellow, if we'd known what we're having we'd have bought loads! Here's their website for anyone who is interested: https://www.babyandgift.com/index.asp. The lady we spoke to (the owner perhaps?) said the site isn't always updated but we could phone if there was something we wanted.

Baby seems to have liked Edinburgh, he/she kicked a lot when we were there! Found out that the baby either loves or hates fresh orange juice (the freshly squeezed stuff, not the cartons), every time I had a mouthful I got a right kick! LOL!

Anyway back now to reality (bum!). Although Mum stayed here for the weekend and looked after the animals so there's nothing for me to do today, she did all our washing and hoovered as well LOL!!!

TMR - congrats on becoming viable!!! :happydance:

Waiting4baby - good luck with your scan - enjoy!

Gabrielle - take care of yourself OK? Glad to hear everything seems to have settled down :hugs:

angelstardust - congrats on team pink :pink:

Maryjo - Next have a really big maternity section online, worth a look if you haven't already?

Sorry for anyone I've missed out, hope you and all your bumps had a lovely Easter weekend.

Shadow - love the siggies, any chance of you doing one for me? I'd be very grateful .... pretty please ... (I'm due 9th August, team yellow :) )

OMG!!!!!!!!!!So many new things.....I was only partially here....its good to read lots of new things......:happydance:

I love new signatureO:)............Shadow can I have one please :flower: (team blue,6th aug)
Pippin good luck for your scan :hug:
congrats everyone who has find out their colors :happydance:

Gabi......glad that you had a nice time with your family and baby is staying inside quitely....:hugs::muaha:
I am also missing my family :sad1:

Gabrielle thanks hon and good to have you back. Scan is a week today :hissy: but it's our holidays so I'm sure that'll fly by.

Congrats on being viable today tmr1234 :wohoo: Only three weeks left for me and I will be too.

Waiting4Baby good luck tomorrow, I'm still unsure whether to go for one. Depends on money and if baby shows it's bits on Monday :happydance: still want to see pictures though. x

Zoya I have to wait for the scan next monday :hissy: just can't wait. I have dreams baby won't play ball again or I'll have a horrible photographer. If that happens I'll go for a sexing scan on the sunday I think. I am so desperate to know the sex it's driving us crazy.

Good news ladies, DH is taking me to Mothercare now to buy some bts for the nursery :happydance: think I'll go for some bedding and the monitor today :wohoo: I'm going to get over my fear of spending today!!! By spending A LOT!!!!! What will be will be and me buying bits won't jinx it. PMA!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->