Official August Mummies Club!!

well, about them being afraid of the tiny dog, i'm not afraid of the huge ones you can watch (i was raised around huge dogs) i am afraid of the ones that will get your ankles if you're not looking

well, about them being afraid of the tiny dog, i'm not afraid of the huge ones you can watch (i was raised around huge dogs) i am afraid of the ones that will get your ankles if you're not looking

:rofl::rofl: I guess I never thought of it like that.

i don't think it's funny
you never see the little ones coming after you
but i guess i could see where it's a bit silly
what's your dog's name?
can we see her?

Here's a question for some of you ladies on here. A pram is a stroller right? What is a push chair? Are they the same? I get confused on here sometimes and I've always wanted to ask. I see some women on here post pictures of the most gorgeous old fashioned looking strollers. Are those what you girls use as strollers or am I wrong? And I've also seen other girls post the old fashioned looking strollers that they own PLUS travel system style strollers which is more like what I have. So do you girls get more than one type of stroller? :blush::blush: I might be dumb but I'm really curious.

i don't think it's funny
you never see the little ones coming after you
but i guess i could see where it's a bit silly
what's your dog's name?
can we see her?

I didn't offend you did I? If I did I'm sorry. :blush: My dog's name is Roxy. And here's a picture of her. How could you be scared of this face? :muaha: Just teasing of course. :hugs: She really is a sweetheart though. She is so friendly that she will even hop into a strangers car if we don't watch her close enough. We have had to get her more than a few times out of our neighbors car when the neighbor was trying to leave. LoL! As soon as that car door opens, she is off like a rocket to jump in. She just loves going places.

Thanks! I'm glad you don't get offended easily. Some girls on here though, I worry that I'll say the wrong thing. Hormonal pregnant women tend to get upset at a moment's notice. :dohh:

Hello again all

Mucho gracias Shadow for the pic - it's so cute!!! Love it :happydance: :hugs:

I'm with you on the expecting presents thing. We said a while ago that what we hope to do is wait until the LO is born then have a "welcome to the world" BBQ or little gathering where people can come and give the baby a cuddle, take pictures and just generally help us celebrate. No gifts expected, just come along and have some informal fun. An "un-birthday party". :happydance:

On the subject of gifts, my Mum and my MIL have gone a bit mad. I don't think we'll have to buy nappies for a year!! They're so excited, they keep buying stuff no matter what we say so now we just agree and let them do whatever they want! I know already that clothes, nappies, toiletries, a sterilising unit, a nappy storage thing and goodness knows what all else have been bought. So we've no need to go out and buy a load of stuff, it's really the big items left, of which ILs are buying the buggy/travel system, and Mum is buying the cotbed.

Hello again all

Mucho gracias Shadow for the pic - it's so cute!!! Love it :happydance: :hugs:

I'm with you on the expecting presents thing. We said a while ago that what we hope to do is wait until the LO is born then have a "welcome to the world" BBQ or little gathering where people can come and give the baby a cuddle, take pictures and just generally help us celebrate. No gifts expected, just come along and have some informal fun. An "un-birthday party". :happydance:

On the subject of gifts, my Mum and my MIL have gone a bit mad. I don't think we'll have to buy nappies for a year!! They're so excited, they keep buying stuff no matter what we say so now we just agree and let them do whatever they want! I know already that clothes, nappies, toiletries, a sterilising unit, a nappy storage thing and goodness knows what all else have been bought. So we've no need to go out and buy a load of stuff, it's really the big items left, of which ILs are buying the buggy/travel system, and Mum is buying the cotbed.

Aww it is awesome that your mom and MIL are so excited! Mine live so far away that it is hard to share the excitement like that! I'm not even sure if my own MIL is all that excited as it will be her 3rd grandbaby!

Oh oh are we sharing pet pictures???!!!

OK I can't resist, sorry .. I just adore my dog and of course my daft rabbits!!

I'll dig some out .... :happydance:

Oh oh are we sharing pet pictures???!!!

OK I can't resist, sorry .. I just adore my dog and of course my daft rabbits!!

I'll dig some out .... :happydance:

Yes!! :happydance: I love looking at pet pictures. I want another dog but with the baby coming I know we probably shouldn't!

Cleckner it is awesome!! We knew my Mum would be excited, because I'm an only child so this will more than likely be her only grandchild. But my ILs already have 4! My husband is the youngest of three - still the baby - and we were amazed at how excited his Mum got!!! We were really taken aback.

I'm pretty niaive about these things but every single person we've told - family, friends, work colleagues ... have all been really really excited. I didn't realise just how much joy a new baby can bring I guess. I think what makes it even more exciting for most is that we're 35 and 36, been together for over 16 years and never any mention of a baby. People gave up years and years ago that we would ever have kids so now that we're expecting they're so surprised!

Cleckner it is awesome!! We knew my Mum would be excited, because I'm an only child so this will more than likely be her only grandchild. But my ILs already have 4! My husband is the youngest of three - still the baby - and we were amazed at how excited his Mum got!!! We were really taken aback.

I'm pretty niaive about these things but every single person we've told - family, friends, work colleagues ... have all been really really excited. I didn't realise just how much joy a new baby can bring I guess. I think what makes it even more exciting for most is that we're 35 and 36, been together for over 16 years and never any mention of a baby. People gave up years and years ago that we would ever have kids so now that we're expecting they're so surprised!
Aww!! That is so awesome how excited everyone is getting for you guys! :happydance:

With me, they were all excited the first time around but I lost that baby within a week of me telling everyone. So with this baby, everyone is alot more cautious about getting excited I think. Hopefully when I go home next I can get some of that excitement that your getting! :dohh:

And another sidenote: 16 years together! That's awesome!! DH and I are working on our 8th year now and THAT seems like forever! :cloud9::rofl:

well, i did get slightly hormonal for a second over it
but, i know when to think for a second

this is MIL's first biological grand kids, she has 4 (one is an angel) step grand daughters
and she only has one kid, DH, of course
and now there's a boy grand kid around, and this one has some of her DNA
she wanted us to wait a bit to have kids, even foster kids when i mentioned having some
but she got weirdly excited not too much later

my mom only has me and she even had to adopt me just to have one
and she didn't care when i got pregnant, she told me just finish high school lol
she was happy as soon as we told her

I stole this question from 1st Trimester threads(yeah I snuck back in there today..boredom will do that.)...

Anyways, for those of us that are buying/receiving things already. Are you girls getting things new or used?

The only thing I have against used things are that I'm never going to be 100%sure how it has been treated. For example, DH and I don't smoke and we are really trying to avoid smoke at all costs. Which is a bit over the top but I smoked for a short period of time in my teenage years and I just know how bad it can be. My SIL however, gave us a ton of clothes(boy clothes so now I just have something else that I have to find a place to store away). My SIL also smokes. So I keep thinking that all of that 3rd hand smoke that I keep seeing about on TV will be inhaled into my little babies lungs if we use anything that SIL gave us. But how do you decline when someone is being so generous? :hissy:

So, we have been trying to stick with new things overall. The only used item we've bought so far is a 2-in-1 swing/bouncer that I found on Ebay. But it was part of my matching set that was sold out and you can hardly find any of it new anymore.:dohh: I was surprised I even found it used.

well, i did get slightly hormonal for a second over it
but, i know when to think for a second

this is MIL's first biological grand kids, she has 4 (one is an angel) step grand daughters
and she only has one kid, DH, of course
and now there's a boy grand kid around, and this one has some of her DNA
she wanted us to wait a bit to have kids, even foster kids when i mentioned having some
but she got weirdly excited not too much later

my mom only has me and she even had to adopt me just to have one
and she didn't care when i got pregnant, she told me just finish high school lol
she was happy as soon as we told her

It's so good to hear about families getting excited instead of freaking out. I always thought my parents would get a little upset about being grandparents just because it just shows how old they are. But I'm surprised at how happy they are! DH's parents really just had no reaction. It was just like 'ohh I'm happy for you guys'. And that was it. My mom on the other hand was jumping up and down when she found out. I'm thinking my In-laws lack of reaction might be due to the fact that a granddaughter was JUST born in August so another one a year later this August is just like 'here we go again' to them.

well, i think she (MIL) knows LO is a boy
my mom does, she actually bugged to go in the room at the scan with us
DH told his cousin and he probably mentioned it to MIL

i'm so not talking to MIL
she's evil
apparently we were supposed to be at her house on xmas at a specific (early) time
and she gave us hell for not being there
and guilt-tripped us
sorry for being tired and pregnant!
and she disrespected me in my own house not to long ago by saying that the fact that DH might have another kid to someone else has nothing to do with me!
then she calls me a bad wife for not comforting him (how does she know what I was doing before she got there) and she's kicked out her second husband!
she yelled after me after I left the room

and she doesn't seem to think that stress can effect me and LO (she yelled at us another time when we came over for not being over in so long, actually, she and her husband yelled at us until DH snapped on his step dad)

so not a fan of them! or the other in-laws, either
they all ruined the wedding and reception, too
they were so nice until our wedding day to us
they didn't stand up when i walked down the aisle
they messed with all of the stuff i did
they talked the whole time when something was going on like the first dance or a speech
and they didn't bother dancing at all the whole time!

just wanna ring their necks!

sorry, long in-law rant
i'm just sick of their crap
especially how DH's aunt talked about us behind our backs about how we're not good for each other after the first time she me me!

oh, and we went to her house on xmas, just not when we we're "supposed" to be there
and why did she want to have xmas dinner before noon, anyway?
and she talked bad about us on the phone to her brother (who is also a jerk for many reasons)
and the food was HORRIBLE!

ugh, sorry for all of this ranting, it's just terrible and makes me crazy
i'm actually holding off on a good bit of some of this

:hugs::hugs: Aww. Took me a while to get through all that! I'm sorry your having an awful time with her. I don't personally know what it's like to have bad In-laws but I know just from my parents and grandparents. I think the in-laws are just one of those things that people don't really warn you about before getting married. How does your DH react to his mom's yelling? If I were you, I would just leave the room and lock myself away to avoid the stress of it all if she is standing there yellling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->