Official August Mummies Club!!

Yay Shadow is back! :happydance: Can you answer my question about your guys' strollers? What is the difference between it all? Prams, push-chairs, I'm so confused! LoL! I tried googling but none of it really helped.

We should post pictures of random purchases! I just love seeing baby stuff!

Oh yes, I was gonna answer that one for you as best I could!

I guess in the states you call everything that you'd put a baby or toddler in a "stroller" ?

Well over here we have loads of names for them: Pram, buggie, push chair...

Even I am not so sure which is which to be honest, but I think it generally goes like this:

A "pram" is almost always a tiny baby stroller, where the baby lies flat (horizontal) on its back facing you and you can look down on it as you push.
A "buggie" is a term that I think is used quite loosely really: But it's pretty much a stroller for a toddler or bigger baby who can sit up on their own and usually faces away from you as you push, in a little seat.
A "push chair" is probably the same thing as a "buggie", but since Travel Systems are so popular these days the lines between them all are getting blurred: I mean, I call ours a "buggie" or a "push chair", but really it is a Travel System: At its most basic, it's a "Buggie", where the older baby or child sits in a seat facing away from you and you push... But with the car seat / carry cot attachment it becomes a "pram" of sorts: The car seat bit fits onto the chair bit for the older child, but facing towards you as you push, and tilted back so that tiny baby can lie back and you can look down as you push :)

Make sense? No? It doesn't to me, either!!
:rofl:
Pippin, any help here?

xx

:yipee: I can get back on it wouldn't load for 15 mins there!!!!

Shadow I'm got the Look after me range which is so cute with a little teddy on it. It's brown and cream to go with the walls and I'm going to order a new cream carpet in the next few weeks.

Cleckner Prams have a flat hard bottom that face you (normally like a moses basket that fits on a frame), Pramette changes into a seat as well (often two separate units) and push chairs just have the seats (that some face forward or back). That's my understanding anyway. Oh and srollers generally are push chairs that face forward and with a back that lowers.

We should post pictures of random purchases! I just love seeing baby stuff!

Ooooh yay! Lets do this!! I'll just go and take some quick snap shots of everything I have LOL and then show it all off to you guys!!

xx

:yipee: I can get back on it wouldn't load for 15 mins there!!!!

Shadow I'm got the Look after me range which is so cute with a little teddy on it. It's brown and cream to go with the walls and I'm going to order a new cream carpet in the next few weeks.

Cleckner Prams have a flat hard bottom that face you (normally like a moses basket that fits on a frame), Pramette changes into a seat as well (often two separate units) and push chairs just have the seats (that some face forward or back). That's my understanding anyway. Oh and srollers generally are push chairs that face forward and with a back that lowers.

LOL yes, that's it!! lol yours made so much more snese than mine, and mine was about 10 times the length :rofl:

Like Shadow says though the lines are blurred now as you can normally have a frame that you can put a pram cot on, as well as a car seat and a chair. We call them travel systems! But they are generally big. Push chairs/Strollers are normally smaller. Now your probably completely confused!!!!!

Is anyone else finding that baby's movements are forming a more consistent pattern lately? Vincent seems to wake up just after me in the mornings (as I'm finishing my brekkie) and then kick about for a bit, then he goes quieter for a couple of hours, then in the afternoon he usually has a right old kick on and then quiet again until late in the evening. As I lie in bed he loves to boogie around and kick like a good'un until I fall asleep! If he doesn't start kicking at about the same time as usual in the morning I start to get concerned! But he always picks up again :happydance:

I just can't wait to meet my little squishy!!

Shadow xxx

lucas is the same i wake up few min later he starts have food he kicks then afternoon in to the night he hurts kicking

awe baby stuff!?!?! YAY>.....i can show you the room that we are going to do.? Tell me if you like?

https://www.target.com/CoCaLo-Work-...0461/182-6163049-1061268?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1

The only thing different is our crib and table and all is a lighter wood.:)

*runs off to take photos back in 5!!!!*

Okay, phew!! I'm glad to have that question answered. I've actually wondered for a while about what was what because it seems like there are so many names for them! I just call mine a stroller. And the car seat sits on top of the stroller and clicks in to hold it down when baby is still tiny. Thanks for the answers Shadow and Pippin! I have always meant to ask but never remembered to do it.

Like Shadow says though the lines are blurred now as you can normally have a frame that you can put a pram cot on, as well as a car seat and a chair. We call them travel systems! But they are generally big. Push chairs/Strollers are normally smaller. Now your probably completely confused!!!!!

Yeah that does make it a bit more confusing! haha. What is the old fashioned looking stroller called that alot of the girls on here buy? It looks like a bassinet on wheels almost. I showed my DH a picture of one on here and told him that it's what alot of you girls buy and he thinks it is the coolest thing ever.

Pram, buggie, push chair are all the same for us stroller is a little sun pram

Yeah that does make it a bit more confusing! haha. What is the old fashioned looking stroller called that alot of the girls on here buy? It looks like a bassinet on wheels almost. I showed my DH a picture of one on here and told him that it's what alot of you girls buy and he thinks it is the coolest thing ever.

My mum had one of those when I was tiny :D It was this beautiful old fashioned thing with a silver frame, so lovely... That's almost definitely a Pram. An old style pram i guess you'd have to say!

My mum had one of those when I was tiny :D It was this beautiful old fashioned thing with a silver frame, so lovely... That's almost definitely a Pram. An old style pram i guess you'd have to say!

It seems that alot of girls buy those on here! And they seem expensive! You girls will have to post your strollers (prams :happydance:) so I can see them! haha.

lucas' room is light blue with this border

and this cotbed https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...2109157|Cots+and+other+furniture|12109158.htm

Attachments

• 41jN3qmHTXL__SL500_AA280_.jpg
    41jN3qmHTXL__SL500_AA280_.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 2
Gabs that set is soooo cute :D
It seems things are more limited to current fashion here than in the states :( I wish we had a better selection of baby bedding sets to choose from. There are some cute ones, like that Please Look After Me set that Pippin has, but they all tend to look very similar to my eyes! That CoCaLo set is so lovely and colourful Gabby :) I love it

I am waiting for my camera battery to charge. I was getting ready to snap some pictures and realized it is completely dead. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->